Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Hello dojom! Always good to have a lurker join us :welcome:
Levitating wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:20 pm But also, guys, how do you learn all the acronyms so quickly? I've been here for much longer and still cannot memorise all of them. What's WIQY? :oops:
Why I Quit YouTube. Maybe we need to make a list of all acronyms 'cause I certainly get confused sometimes too.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Levitating wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:20 pm
dojom wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:22 pm

Anyway the important question: when is top Dan memes 2022 coming because it is literally February lmao (ik he's busy with touring & stuff but I am a bit content-deprived)

Welcome <3 Every evening I log in and hope for the upload :(

But also, guys, how do you learn all the acronyms so quickly? I've been here for much longer and still cannot memorise all of them. What's WIQY? :oops:
WIQY is Why I Quit YouTube.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
dojom
not a first-time poster

thanks everyone for the welcome :)

I actually made an acronyms list when I first started lurking on phannie twt & here so that might be useful lol -

BIG - basically i'm gay (dan coming out vid)
DAPG/DNPG - dan and phil games
COTY - coming out to you (phil coming out vid)
DINOF - dani snot on fire (dan main channel pre rebrand)
AP - amazingphil
DINI - danisnotinteresting
PINOF - phil is not on fire
DINOK - dan is not ok (the show thing that he talked about in wiqy)
WIQY - why i quit youtube
VPMO/VPDO - viewers pick my outfits/viewers pick dans outfits
DITL - day in the life
TTLMT - trying to live my truth
II - interactive introverts (2018 tour)
TATINOF - the amazing tour is not on fire (2016 tour)
TABINOF - the amazing book is not on fire
DAPGO - dan and phil go outside
SAP - super amazing project
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I was beginning to wonder whether the 2022 meme video was just a mass hallucination, but it's still coming apparently. Hopefully tomorrow?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Was there really an hour's worth of memes?? Or will he go on long dan tangents (dangents) around each event?

Either way I'm looking forward to it, I think it can be quite funny!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
fruitcriminals
rainbow nerd

Cute shoe photos, a 48 minute video that cracked me up and I watched all of even though there was no Phil. What is even happening any more!
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

Philly (47:32) :rainbowtears:
That is all.
The mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. - J. M. Barrie
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Can we analyze what is on the shelves in the editing room? Is it all Dan stuff or a mixture of Dan’s and Phil’s? Oh, loved the video- def my fav of the series. Dan and his videos just keep getting better.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
vincentian
hobbit hair

That was... such a Dan way to review 2022. As if each meme validates an event that happened in his life last year. Still watched the whole video :lol:
I don't actually know how large the DnP fandom is now, but was each meme he reviewed such a big thing on the interwebs?

Coming back to something he said in the interview with Anthony, he's putting things on the table.
"If you need to crack an awful joke to just get something on the table, at least it's on the freaking table." (14.19)

I have a feeling (hope?) that even this new-era public Dan persona is slowly evolving.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

vincentian wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:35 am Coming back to something he said in the interview with Anthony, he's putting things on the table.
"If you need to crack an awful joke to just get something on the table, at least it's on the freaking table." (14.19)

I have a feeling (hope?) that even this new-era public Dan persona is slowly evolving.
100% this, thank you for bringing this quote back up!
Levitating
#relatable

This seems like a 'that's a wrap' kind of post :cry: I guess it means DA no more :rainbowtears:
literally_formless
butt chair

Dan is acting so different just since the tour started.....I wonder if it's true and all the Dystopia Daily filming is long done. He would probably already be so different in it. I used to think it was weird that Dan said he feels like he's changing so fast all the time and his old videos don't reflect him anymore, but now I do kind of see it?

Speaking of old videos, I think Phil privated another old video, anybody have a photographic memory of his old school phil
playlist and know what it could have been?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I enjoyed Dan's meme video for what it is. I didn't enjoy the meme videos before when they were big, regular content on his channel so I can't say I really adored this one but I did love the end when he got a bit real and genuine, and some of the segments made me laugh.

I am however cracking the fuck up over this.
000dia000
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:19 pm I enjoyed Dan's meme video for what it is. I didn't enjoy the meme videos before when they were big, regular content on his channel so I can't say I really adored this one but I did love the end when he got a bit real and genuine, and some of the segments made me laugh.

I am however cracking the fuck up over this.
this make me wonder if the "girl in prague" has been their inside joke for years
:cactus:
literally_formless
butt chair

The whole girl in Prague thing is honestly the most like "normal" best friends they've acted in years. There are so many weird dudes my best friend kissed in her teens (before I knew her but I heard the stories) and twenties that I love to make fun of her about. In the AU where we're youtubers, our viewers would also know about Ren Faire guy and "oh daisy" guy.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

I must just not understand fashion, everything about Dan's outfit today (yesterday?) baffles me. Also the cost could feed my family for months, the next time "Dan and Phil aren't actually rich" discourse comes around I'm just going to link the whole phanoutfits page lol

He seems so happy though, I still haven't finished the memes video but I love the Twitter banter and the never ending commentary on Prauge
Last edited by Catallena on Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed embed
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The meme video was mid. #latereviews
Maybe it's just me or these just look bad on camera, but these are genuinely the ugliest marble nails I've ever seen. The set he got done while in the US was so much nicer.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Levitating
#relatable

I'm waiting for Phil's like on Dan's Phivorce post :stan:
and for Crabstik to re emerge from the abyss :rainbowtears:

for some reason it is this reel that makes me think: my 2012-self would implode at hearing him say ' Have you dedicated the formative years of your life to seeing a fan theory come to fruition'
vincentian
hobbit hair

Ballsy of Dan to post that bit of video on twitter. :ribena:
I have one question: why is it nicknamed Phivorce and not Phanvorce/Phavorce?

And, to reply to his question, some of fans are grandchildren of phan retirement home story since day 1. :foreverhome:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

vincentian wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:40 pm Ballsy of Dan to post that bit of video on twitter. :ribena:
I have one question: why is it nicknamed Phivorce and not Phanvorce/Phavorce?

And, to reply to his question, some of fans are grandchildren of phan retirement home story since day 1. :foreverhome:
Seriously - the way he's doing it, it's just the Phil divorce. Maybe this is his new secret code... the divorce isn't HIS idea. He wanted to do marriage counseling. But Phil has decided he needs to leave home to go find his true soulmate, Sam the Surfer, and left Dan with a cold bed and papers waiting to be signed.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:pancakes: HAPPY PHANCAKE DAY :pancakes:
I miss Phil, good to see at least a little sign of life from him.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Looks like Phil is celebrating with Bryony? (Matching insta stories)

Random question: Phil (and when he's home, Dan) spends a lot of time with Bryony, they post matching stories all the time indicating they're together, but they don't post joint selfies like they do with, say, PJ. Have they ever mentioned this?
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

LAshleigh wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:03 am Looks like Phil is celebrating with Bryony? (Matching insta stories)

Random question: Phil (and when he's home, Dan) spends a lot of time with Bryony, they post matching stories all the time indicating they're together, but they don't post joint selfies like they do with, say, PJ. Have they ever mentioned this?
Idk if it's been mentioned necessarily but I assume it's to do with Bryony's boundaries and not wanting the attention that comes with being in their pics. Whereas PJ is Online and also an internet personality so it makes sense that there's no reluctance there.

The pancake flipping vid Phil posted to stories was so cute :') I felt v grateful for the brief scraps of Phil content we got with that haha!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Whew it's dead in here. :tumbleweed:

Dan is on the very last leg of the tour, this time next week WAD will be another era of the past. Crazy.

Meanwhile, Phil has given yet another sign of life, this time on Twitter.
I'm so curious about what's gonna happen after tour. Phil has been so unusually silent, and aside from being worried it also makes me wonder whether is he gonna take over childcare duties again as soon as Dan inevitably goes into hibernation for a year after March 3rd.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr