Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
jmorton
butt chair

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:56 am too soon to start saying i miss phil again?
Same tbh. These long gaps between videos are weirdly disconcerting
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

New tweet from Dan:
I wonder whether they're on holiday.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

They had planned a holiday at the end of tour with PJ and Sophie before the shows got messed up, maybe they still took one?

A reply to that tweet implies that Louise's DD episode is going to be released someday (soon?), so that's a relief as well.

Random, but do we know where Martyn and Cornelia moved to recently? Like, are they even in the UK still?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LAshleigh wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:49 pm They had planned a holiday at the end of tour with PJ and Sophie before the shows got messed up, maybe they still took one?

A reply to that tweet implies that Louise's DD episode is going to be released someday (soon?), so that's a relief as well.

Random, but do we know where Martyn and Cornelia moved to recently? Like, are they even in the UK still?
M&C definitely moved to Isle of Man. She's shown it on instagram and it looks very IoM and she also tweeted this:
Levitating
#relatable

I just saw the fan project and realised that I am don't feel the most comfortable with a topic that might be a bit triggering so I am putting it under spoiler
I totally understand and not for a minute condem fans who want to express what a lifeline Dan and Phil videos have been for them. It can happen, everyone has their own private history and this is a crazy and very expensive world. Whatever works for you, and leads you to an healthier life, please keep on doing it <3

My issue is with Dan using the same wording and basically the rhetoric of "you saved me" for his fans - particularly those who supported the show. From a human side point of view, I get it. He's human, he has opened up about his struggles and we love it when he lets us get close to him - on his own terms.
This, though, does not mean that he stops being creator whose career depends on sales. He keeps talking about his (rightful) desire to exist on the internet as a creator rather than as a celebrity/individual: why then being so open about such critical vulnerability within the context of selling tickets? Keep using all the clickbait you want in regards to your relationship, but do not get life or death involved.

To me it is dangerously close to a narcisist's threat of "if you walk away I won't survive". It's toxic. Unfair. Completely and disgustingly unwarrented when a financial transaction is involved.

I wish he stopped associating the tour with the saving of his life. I get that he is just being sincere, but the whole dynamic (unbalanced one, where he has power over us) implies that he should also take responsability for certain things.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

We're really back in the Tweet Out A Random Draft Every Few Days territory huh?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

There was a poll on twitter recently about how Dan and Phil would announce the end of a career... curious to know which option people on here would pick?
Levitating
#relatable

what are the options?
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:37 pm There was a poll on twitter recently about how Dan and Phil would announce the end of a career... curious to know which option people on here would pick?
I agree with the results. I’d say either a hiatus or say nothing.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:37 pm There was a poll on twitter recently about how Dan and Phil would announce the end of a career... curious to know which option people on here would pick?
Dusty accounts and crickets for 1.5 years, then "we're taking a hiatus!"
jmorton
butt chair

I kind of had a hunch Phil would disappear again after his last TikTok video was a re-post of a short he did for YouTube. I just hope he and Dan are spending some quality time together.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

nøx wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:02 am
And then they'd be confused as to how we didn't know that because they dropped a few Read Between The Lines hints and they thought it'd be obvious.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

Catallena wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:33 pm
nøx wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:02 am
And then they'd be confused as to how we didn't know that because they dropped a few Read Between The Lines hints and they thought it'd be obvious.
looool the accuracy :lol:
jmorton
butt chair

Good lord
literally_formless
butt chair

jmorton wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:19 pm Good lord
It makes me happy to see them having fun, I'm a simple girl.
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

literally_formless wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:45 pm
jmorton wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:19 pm Good lord
It makes me happy to see them having fun, I'm a simple girl.
Same. I'm also loling imagining Martin or Cornelia having to film that
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

THEY LIVE

Oh, that's so cute. Definitely on Isle of Man - so are we thinking they took a trip for Mother's Day? It was last weekend in the UK, right?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I love how Phil posted that without any context and immediately bounced, no replies or anything. Incredible.

Louise posted an old picture with Dan on her Stories:
I swear he looks like a completely different person here.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

okay this made me lmao
jmorton
butt chair

Happy 17th birthday to Phil's first video. And to think there are people who watch his videos who aren't even that old.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

New community post from Phil! :cactus:
Hopefully we won't have to wait for this video quite as long as the previous one.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm ready for the video though my soul is slightly withering realizing that there's no actual reason for the space between them. Or if there is, it's just like part of an ongoing cycle of reasons - because he's just less interested in hitting his every other week stride he kept up for a while. We went down to one video a month and now it seems like... one every six weeks or so?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:17 pm I'm ready for the video though my soul is slightly withering realizing that there's no actual reason for the space between them. Or if there is, it's just like part of an ongoing cycle of reasons - because he's just less interested in hitting his every other week stride he kept up for a while. We went down to one video a month and now it seems like... one every six weeks or so?
I honestly don't feel like he's timing it at all at this point. He just makes a video when he has an idea and feels like it.

I get that impression about their whole career at this point. Happy they get to chill and do whatever/whenever they want... but sad because I miss having more.

Sigh - can you guys believe we ever lived through a time with DOUBLE weekly live shows? Gaming video EVERY day of December? Insanity. Sounds fake.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Dan and Phil playing Elden Ring would have been peek gaming content. Margit on 2nd try is impressive indeed! (though I imagine heavy backseating from Dan)

... Does anyone else not keep up with the boys anymore but still check this forum every couple of weeks? It's hard to let go, I guess. It doesn't look like content will ever come back in the way we had it before.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

omg they're launching an onlyphans!!1
dnp posting semi-nudes for april fools, but really who are the actual fools here?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr