Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Grey
lady door

Yeah not really lol.

Do we think he read that Reddit post first and thought “ooh this would make a good click bait title”…or did he think of the click bait title and then go searching for a Reddit post to make it work?
I'm having a stress.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Mod Post

IDB needs your help!

For the past two years, the mods have kept the forum going with our own money. Due to a decrease in traffic, we were able to save a little by downgrading our plan, but we can't downgrade any more and the costs are becoming too much us to cover out of pocket.

At the moment, we are paying $180/year USD for hosting service fees. We have two options, and we want your input on what direction we should go in.

Option one: We can find an ad-supported platform that will cost less money and allow for the forum to pay for itself. We've always been against the concept of ads, but it is an option going forward.

Option two: We can stay with our current host, remain ad-free, and do what we've done in the past: ask for donations. All money donated would go directly to forum costs.

We love this forum and no matter how quiet or loud Dan and Phil are being, we don't want to lose it. So if you're here reading this, let us know what you think – and thanks for being a part of the community.
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

I would be more than happy to donate to keep idb here ad-free and to preserve the important fandom archive that is here!
literally_formless
butt chair

Me too!
kavat
pastel persona

I'm very glad this is an ad free space and would much rather donate to keep it going!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I would totally donate so we could keep this space!
:gayaf:
obvsly
#relatable

I am very willing to donate! 💕💕 thanks for all you’ve been doing, mods!
obvsly
#relatable

Grey wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:01 pm Do we think he read that Reddit post first and thought “ooh this would make a good click bait title”…or did he think of the click bait title and then go searching for a Reddit post to make it work?
I’m definitely going with the latter lol I tweeted about this when it came out:

“I actually appreciate the effort in planning the clickbait title from the early stage of choosing the right Reddit post to comment on. That’s dedication!”

There are so many spicier reddit posts he could’ve had fun with but he went with that one which fits the bait criteria perfectly but tbh doesn’t have that big of a punchline imo.
gnostic
stress mushroom

I very rarely post on here these days but would be glad to pitch in to keep idb going
Just here for the marketing skills
Grey
lady door

Wow it’s really expensive to run this forum! I appreciate that the mods kept it going despite that cost!! It seems like it’s worth a try to try to fund it by donations (I will donate) but if not, the ad option seems less good but still ok too.
I'm having a stress.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I could donate a small amount. Would rather not have ads if possible.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:39 pm Mod Post

IDB needs your help!

For the past two years, the mods have kept the forum going with our own money. Due to a decrease in traffic, we were able to save a little by downgrading our plan, but we can't downgrade any more and the costs are becoming too much us to cover out of pocket.

At the moment, we are paying $180/year USD for hosting service fees. We have two options, and we want your input on what direction we should go in.

Option one: We can find an ad-supported platform that will cost less money and allow for the forum to pay for itself. We've always been against the concept of ads, but it is an option going forward.

Option two: We can stay with our current host, remain ad-free, and do what we've done in the past: ask for donations. All money donated would go directly to forum costs.

We love this forum and no matter how quiet or loud Dan and Phil are being, we don't want to lose it. So if you're here reading this, let us know what you think – and thanks for being a part of the community.
Thank you to everyone that has weighed in! It seems like people are pretty against the ad option, so anyone that wants to donate can send it to [email protected] on paypal.

We'll provide an update in a couple of weeks to let you know how the donations are going. But again, know that 100% of what anyone sends in will be going directly to extending the ad-free life of the forum. If anyone wants specific updates or receipts on our finances, you can message privately and ask at any time. Thank you all!
Levitating
#relatable

Love how this community comes together!

I just saw Phil's last video btw and loved it! I also delved into his editor's YT and he's hilarious. Happy choice!
I secretly hope for DnP to get more involved with new/current youtubers/influencers just so they regain popularity.
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

There is saying you will do something, and then actually doing it, if social media is any indication. Everyone that said they would/could donate, and have not donated yet, mark it, right now, in your reminders or calendar or alarm, whatever, to donate. 12x a day if you get distracted easily.

[email protected] on PayPal.
obvsly
#relatable

Levitating wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:21 pm I just saw Phil's last video btw and loved it! I also delved into his editor's YT and he's hilarious. Happy choice!
thank you so much for mentioning this so now i also have snooped :D The fact that he's also in the UK and seems aloof but funny on twitter (when he posts, which is rarely) probably helps with phil.

I enjoyed the new video! I wish he would let loose a bit more though. He seems to be really afraid of offending people, maybe not intentionally but he hardly judged anyone in that vid.

anyway, i think phil actually would suit the mcdreamy hairstyle! and i have donated! :prideheart2:
000dia000
emo goose

sorry mods I don't know how to fix the video embed
Last edited by lefthandedism on Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed video embed
:cactus:
Scout
squish

Trixie and Katya really are just the fucked up version of Dan and Phil
:lesbianflag:
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon

I got paid today and have donated 💜
Fritte
first-time poster

First post just to confirm donation :)
gnostic
stress mushroom

I am too lazy to tweak my paypal settings so WELCOME TO MY ENTIRE PAYPAL INFO IDB LMAO
Just here for the marketing skills
Philena
blobfish

Sorry I'm late! I missed the original post, but I just donated. I love this little piece of dnp history (and present), so I'm hoping it can stay as is.
Philena
blobfish

gnostic wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:12 pm I am too lazy to tweak my paypal settings so WELCOME TO MY ENTIRE PAYPAL INFO IDB LMAO
Oh, yeah. Me too :oops:
obvsly
#relatable

Fritte wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:12 pm First post just to confirm donation :)
Welcome, Fritte! Hope you’ve been enjoying yourself here. Come out of lurking to talk to us more if you’re inclined, please. <3
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Donated! Thank you all for keeping idb running :rainbow:

Agreed with the consensus that the Reddit video was meh and Phil's video was somewhat better but not really 'judging' anyone's faves haha.

Dan looks great as mostly-monochrome Ken! Could that be what they did with Louise the other day? Or do we think it was project-related?
literally_formless
butt chair

LAshleigh wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:59 pm Dan looks great as mostly-monochrome Ken! Could that be what they did with Louise the other day? Or do we think it was project-related?
I love their Barbie outfits. If Dan does another VPDO maybe someone can send him some links to tall influencers excited to find pants that are long enough for them lol