Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

alittledizzy wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:40 pm WAKE UP BABE DAN AND PHIL HOLIDAY PICTURES DROPPED

and more in the stories!!!
AHHHH. Do not disappoint. THAT LAST ONE IN PARTICULAR IS SO INTIMATE. Phil's Dan...oof
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Someone wrote an article in 2023 that honestly belongs in 2015. It's imo completely out of touch with the post-2018 phandom, kind of like the Twitter hot takes from ex-Phannies (sometimes not even that) who really want other people to think they're smart. :roll:

A shame because the girl in the video that kavat posted a few days ago honestly really got it and I was hoping I'd never read or hear a hottake from people trying to be a video essayist.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Dan tweeted: And they both changed their display names to avoid the blue checkmark. I am now a fan of Danny and Philippe.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Have you recovered from Dan's Japhan 3.0 Insta photo dump yet? It doesn't matter, because Phil's photo dump is sure to put you into cardiac arrest again. :thumb:

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LAshleigh
cheeky #spon

More JaPhan photos from Phil AND Bryony!!
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Absolutely DECEASED!!

YES THEY'RE MY DADS I'M GLAD WE'RE DONE PRETENDING THEY'RE NOT!! XD

Wow look at them, look at us. We are living in the best timeline.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

JAPHAN 3.0 IS THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The boys looking cute for Eurovision tonight :rainbowsparkle:
Seems like they're at PJ's place.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

So, like.... do we think the Louise Dystopia Daily is ever going to see the light of day...?
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

rizzo wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:54 pm So, like.... do we think the Louise Dystopia Daily is ever going to see the light of day...?
Doesn't look like it, does it... I'm still curious about it tho!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alienfreakbingo wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:09 pm
rizzo wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 5:54 pm So, like.... do we think the Louise Dystopia Daily is ever going to see the light of day...?
I just wanna know if it was her that didn't approve it? Or if Dan just got back from tour and lost all motivation? Like that was in his mind just designated as Tour Content so he wasn't some rando that wasn't active trying to sell tickets.
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

alittledizzy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:20 pm
alienfreakbingo wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:09 pm
I just wanna know if it was her that didn't approve it? Or if Dan just got back from tour and lost all motivation? Like that was in his mind just designated as Tour Content so he wasn't some rando that wasn't active trying to sell tickets.
I'm leaning towards the latter...
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm not at all surprised at Dan dropping off the face of the earth as soon as tour was over, even if I secretly hoped he wouldn't. But it is strange that he put money into content that he's just not gonna post. I didn't love the DD format, but it deserved a better end at least.

What is more surprising me though, is that we're halfway through May and we've only had two AmazingPhil videos this year. That's a 2017!Dan kinda schedule that I didn't think Phil would ever adapt. I wonder if there's something going on or he's just taking a break. Ah if only he had a way to communicate with us lol.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I really do get the impression that they're just done and ready to move on with their lives. I respect that.

But also - I wish they went the route of other old YouTubers and came back in a more casual way. Like... no need for a monthly video. But some silly content on TikTok or Insta at random doesn't feel difficult. Like... Japan was asking to be TikTok'd. Or a day out in the park or in Manchester? Just show us something silly! I don't need to know your day-to-day schedule, but some fun random content couldn't hurt.

It just feels like they both dropped off the face of the Earth in a way only the likes of Chris Kendall have done.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

And then suddenly out of nowhere Phil suddenly appears on... TikTok.
With a reference to the greatest 2012 phandom inside joke ever.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

It’s good to see Phil’s face and a tiny bit of one of the paintings his dad did for them in the background.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
jmorton
butt chair

Not Dan and Phil related but ... this really sucks to see. Best wishes on a full recovery to Hank Green

Grey
lady door

Catallena wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:55 pm I'm not at all surprised at Dan dropping off the face of the earth as soon as tour was over, even if I secretly hoped he wouldn't. But it is strange that he put money into content that he's just not gonna post. I didn't love the DD format, but it deserved a better end at least.
Yeah I also feel like it’s kind of rude to Louise to get her to spend her time filming something only to not bother posting it… unless she asked him not to post it. I know he said she cried in it or something. It’s weird but also very Dan to unceremoniously abandon the series now the tour is over.
I'm having a stress.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Seems like Phil is a TikToker now lol.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

New membership post from Philly, including some Japhan 3 pics.
New video on the way 'soon' whatever that means in 2023.

He also reposted an old YouTube Short (the one about minecraft) on TikTok.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Levitating
#relatable

I've just seen that Taylor Swift has a song called Hits different.

Why do I immediately think of Phan? Is that a meme that comes from the phandom? I read somewhere that yes, it is. Or perhaps Tumblr more generally??
kavat
pastel persona

Levitating wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:06 pm I've just seen that Taylor Swift has a song called Hits different.

Why do I immediately think of Phan? Is that a meme that comes from the phandom? I read somewhere that yes, it is. Or perhaps Tumblr more generally??
When dnp came out a lot of people were re-watching their older content with new eyes and sharing moments that "hit different", as in "this makes sense now that we know they're gay". It was both shippy moments but also just instances where their male attraction was evident. It became a meme all over phandom basically, on tumblr, twitter, in their youtube comments etc.

It seems unlikely to me that it ever reached far outside the phandom. People said it in other context before and continued afterwards as well. Maybe the popularity of the phrase increased a little, but I doubt enough to reach Taylor Swift.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Phil is looking for a video editor.
It does seem like editing whole videos is really just too much for him due to his health problems.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Grey
lady door

That’s kind of exciting - it suggests Phil isn’t done with YouTube and is still thinking about ways to reinvigorate his channel a bit!! I’ll try not to get my hopes up too much though heh heh.

I am surprised he’d advertise it on Twitter because for whatever reason I feel like he wouldn’t want a fan as his editor (even if they were genuinely a good editor). Also I thought Dan already had an editor so I’m a bit surprised he didn’t hire that person / just ask them for a recommendation.
I'm having a stress.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan in his cannibal era now I guess?
Also the Phil editor thing... I want to believe? I want hope to be alive? But I also have this sinking feeling like he'll never actually vibe with hiring an editor and this will go the way of shorts, edited shorts, and TikToks.