Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Putting Dan's Pride tweet at the top of the page:
And there were Instastories:
Once upon a time, a randomly naked Dan would've caused a stir. Now it's just another Thursday.

Happy Pride Month to my LGBTQ+ friends :prideheart2:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
literally_formless
butt chair
Pronouns: she/her

He's so cute. I hope he gets plenty of thirst in the DMs.

Also, I'm hoping Phil's editor search works out. I miss him terribly.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Pride Month tweet from Philly:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
kavat
pastel persona

So Ryann and Sarah apparently quit IRL, Martyn and Cornelia moved away from London, Dean Dobbs is closing his store...

It feels like IRL is truly dead. RIP :dead:
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

Catallena wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:54 pm Putting Dan's Pride tweet at the top of the page:
And there were Instastories:
Once upon a time, a randomly naked Dan would've caused a stir. Now it's just another Thursday.

Happy Pride Month to my LGBTQ+ friends :prideheart2:
All I can see are the dead leaves behind Dan in this pic lmao
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

kavat wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:40 am So Ryann and Sarah apparently quit IRL, Martyn and Cornelia moved away from London, Dean Dobbs is closing his store...

Oh, that’s sad! And a loss of income for deppy. What is Martyn doing for a job now?
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

kavat wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:40 am So Ryann and Sarah apparently quit IRL, Martyn and Cornelia moved away from London, Dean Dobbs is closing his store...

I just can't believe WAD merch never made it online. I guess there's still a little hope but like... way to miss the hype train.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

@alienfreakbingo can't unsee that now lmao

iRL being dead is no real surprise, but I definitely wonder where the WAD merch went. I originally expected it to go up by the end of March and that the shops would close down when they ran out of stock sometime later in the year.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just a heads up for anyone that's missing Dan and Phil content/fandom being active - the PhandomGives charity fundraiser is happening right now (with prizes including Dan polaroids, bundles from IRL, and a video shoutout from Dan for one winner), and the PhandomWatch 32 hour livestream for Dan's birthday will be next weekend!
BrothAndBrine
delia smith

Not exactly related, but…I was watching one of Smithsmithmusic’s IG stories and this mother/daughter duo that did the lemon challenge reminded me of Dan and Phil (the daughter being Dan). It was their expressions and actions/reactions that reminded me and once I saw it, I could not unsee it. :P (my perception, anyway)
The TikTok referenced in the story was clementinespieser.
charlenewedin
smol bean

hi just wanted to pop in and say i've been reading old threads posted here the last couple of days and it was a lot of fun reading your opinions and stuff thanks for giving me something to do. I miss the boys.
i'm on sick leave and dnp are my go-to to make me feel better and not have to think about my life lmao
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:tumbleweed:

Phil has posted a Tweet and two (extremely cursed) TikTok's this week, but sadly no YouTube video yet.

He also gave Louise a coffee recommendation on her Instastories.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
literally_formless
butt chair

Phil deleted that creepy pig-Barbie TikTok 😅

Or maybe it was taken down for being too suggestive?

I've gotten so desperate for content I've started watching the minecraft people extended universe and my YouTube feed is so messed up.
jmorton
butt chair

Phil emerges from his two month hiatus with an actually good and informative video!

charlenewedin
smol bean

aw that was so nice. did he say he's been going to therapy for the last three months? or what was the timeline here 👀

so happy he found some help, also i'm cringing so much at dan.. lol
gnostic
stress mushroom

AND he didn't end with the cursed Better Help promo. Love this man
Just here for the marketing skills
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Loved that vid! Very relatable atm and it was just a good video in general. Entertaining while also showing more insight into his life and sharing with us. It definitely came at a good time for me, and hopefully for others too. And it's just nice to see his face in a youtube video again
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

Very proud of Phil for getting the balance perfectly between humorous and purposeful delivery. I really hope we get more videos along these lines where Phil is able to share snippets of his life in a useful way that also still reinforces the boundaries he has set. This was my fave vid of his in a long time (granted, we're not getting many lol). Also fuckin loved his tshirt!
charlenewedin
smol bean

is there a way to watch the youtuber documentary if you don't live in the uk?
literally_formless
butt chair

charlenewedin wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:40 am is there a way to watch the youtuber documentary if you don't live in the uk?
I'm not sure what is okay to share openly but some people on Twitter were sharing information about some browser settings that could help.

I was actually just thinking yesterday that I kind of miss Dan in professional presenter mode, so this is a really wonderful surprise!

I noticed in the credits that the director is RVBBERDUCK so that creative relationship seems very strong.
Levitating
#relatable

I'm from the UK but not much intrigued.

I did saw someone sharing the cost of Dan's goggles though and my curiosity is there: have they earned so much that they are able to live a middle class life just on previous earnings? I do not believe it - as this documentary specifically highlights.

They tried the merch company but hasn't worked out as fabulously as others, I'd say.

So... could they have invested in property? What are all the emails they're working on?
jmorton
butt chair

Levitating wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:50 pm I'm from the UK but not much intrigued.

I did saw someone sharing the cost of Dan's goggles though and my curiosity is there: have they earned so much that they are able to live a middle class life just on previous earnings? I do not believe it - as this documentary specifically highlights.

They tried the merch company but hasn't worked out as fabulously as others, I'd say.

So... could they have invested in property? What are all the emails they're working on?
People will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm relatively certain they will have diversified post Interactive Introverts tour. They seem to be comfortable. Dan's book I'm sure got a healthy advance. Then the tour. The way Phil uploads have become more and more sporadic I kind of feel like they don't count on youtube money much anymore.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

charlenewedin wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:40 am is there a way to watch the youtuber documentary if you don't live in the uk?
If you have a vpn, you can just change it to the uk to watch on youtube. If not, I'm sure someone will upload it somewhere soon enough (if it hasn't been already).

I enjoyed the documentary for the most part. It was a bit short for my tastes and didn't really give us much new information but still enjoyable and I thought dan did a good job. The best part for me was seeing some business-y behind the scenes of the sidemen as I've gotten into their content in the last couple of years (I know, don't judge me, I blame the covid times) and seeing vik and dan interact as it felt a bit like worlds colliding.

It's also kinda depressing in a way being reminded of how hard youtubers nowadays work to make it on the platform. I don't know if this really makes sense because I know youtube was never (except in the very early days) super authentic, but it almost feels even more inauthentic now when you think how desperate most of the up and coming youtubers are to make any content that will make them big on youtube. I don't mean that as shade to anyone specifically, it just feels a bit blah compared to the olden days of youtube when at least some of it felt a bit more genuine (at least at the time).
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil vs Dominoes was such a delightful little coming together moment yesterday.
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:38 pm Phil vs Dominoes was such a delightful little coming together moment yesterday.
Sure was :') made me DESPERATELY want another mukbang vid though lol, even more so than usual