Dan and Phil Part 103: we're all doomed!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Levitating
#relatable

Got excited for the new video but totally started skipping parts and then closing it completely once it was clear the content was the text on the quizzes - which, I apologise to the authors, are not the content I enjoy nor the one I go to Phil for :shrug:
charlenewedin
smol bean

I loved the new phil video. He was so giggly and funny
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

This video was too fucking funny omg. A new fav for sure.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
jmorton
butt chair

I thought it was a fun and funny video. Also shocked the heck out of me posting so quickly after his last one. I feel we are blessed right now.

Also ... I thought "If 2013 Phil was told that he would be making a video just outright acknowledging Phan is a thing he wouldn't believe you. "
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:38 pm Phil vs Dominoes was such a delightful little coming together moment yesterday.
I need this here for posterity, along with the fact that it reached 2k in under half an hour The new video was so funny and you can tell he had a lot of fun making it. He was giggling all the way through and the editing felt so classic Phil. I hope he is back for more regular videos now because I've missed it so much!
vincentian
hobbit hair

Catallena wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:05 pm

This video was too fucking funny omg. A new fav for sure.
I don't watch every one of Phil's videos but this one had funny and wild enegy. Such a throwback to 2014-15. Phil's looking chipper. :tu:
The last Zalfie quiz was so random and innocent, a young teen roleplay.

Apparently Smosh is back?
alienfreakbingo
delia smith

Yep, I concur: I loved that vid. Phil was loling so much and it was great to see him enjoying himself to that degree whilst making a video. GIGGLY PHIL FTW.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan has been way too quiet this month, so my (always wrong) senses are tingling and I'm predicting :rainbowsparkle: something :rainbowsparkle: from him this week.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Catallena wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:59 pm Dan has been way too quiet this month, so my (always wrong) senses are tingling and I'm predicting :rainbowsparkle: something :rainbowsparkle: from him this week.
You're psychic!
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:rainbowsparkle: CONTENT :rainbowsparkle:

I wonder if this is leading up to something? Maybe the release of WAD in some form?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Grey
lady door

Catallena wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:37 pm

I wonder if this is leading up to something? Maybe the release of WAD in some form?
WHAT?! So cynical.

(Also that was my first thought too bahahahaha ha)
I'm having a stress.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

idk why I'm such a negative nancy these days, because i SWEAR i still love dnp to pieces but... this dan video wasn't it for me.

i just think that could have been a 60-second tiktok.

it was reminiscent of his old storytime/opinion videos from a decade ago, except without any of the cuts to acted-out bits. just a lot of talking at me and "comedy" that didn't actually make me laugh.

anywayyyy - i can't wait for the louise video!
vincentian
hobbit hair

Catallena wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:37 pm

Tentative "We'll see" is where the Pooh part of Dan came out :P
SylvestyLesty
smol bean

Since Dan's active again, I wanted to take this as an opportunity to bring up the fact that Dan faked a mental health crisis to guilt his audience into submitting personal videos that he used during his tour without telling them that was what he was doing. :)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

SylvestyLesty wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:31 pm Since Dan's active again, I wanted to take this as an opportunity to bring up the fact that Dan faked a mental health crisis to guilt his audience into submitting personal videos that he used during his tour without telling them that was what he was doing. :)
tbf we can't be sure he wasn't going through a mental health crisis.

i mean i'm not coming to his defense - he should have asked for video usage permission. but... i don't think anyone was guilted. they could have just... not posted. and he very much could have been going through something. :shrug:

is this related to anything going on or just a topic you wanted to bubble up?
jmorton
butt chair

rizzo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:35 am idk why I'm such a negative nancy these days, because i SWEAR i still love dnp to pieces but... this dan video wasn't it for me.

i just think that could have been a 60-second tiktok.

it was reminiscent of his old storytime/opinion videos from a decade ago, except without any of the cuts to acted-out bits. just a lot of talking at me and "comedy" that didn't actually make me laugh.

anywayyyy - i can't wait for the louise video!
You hit on something here and it kind of goes in line with why I sometimes can't connect with Dan. Years ago he did what I consider to be his funniest video which was the one about the way he talks and being articulate. Doing impressions of kids who made fun of him. He has since privated it but it was one of those genuinely funny video's even if it was a bit mean spirited.

It was also like a 4 minute video. It was funny and to the point.

When you said "It could have been a 60 second tiktok" it reminded me about my biggest Dan complaints: He is best when he is edited down and forced into something shorter. I think Dan struggles (even WITH someone who edits his videos) with pairing down his thoughts. Whereas Phil sometimes can be over cautious and too happy to cut things out, Dan has grown increasingly more and more reliant on longer form stuff and needing to "say" rather than say once and demonstrate.

A reason the gaming channel was so effective was they actually compliment each other with Dan forced to be shorter and Phil forced to relax. Dan's latest videos are just ... too much. Too much Dan.
Aquillamythos
placenta

SylvestyLesty wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:31 pm Since Dan's active again, I wanted to take this as an opportunity to bring up the fact that Dan faked a mental health crisis to guilt his audience into submitting personal videos that he used during his tour without telling them that was what he was doing. :)
When was this? If this is the instance I am recalling it seemed like there were a lot of assumptions being made about that whole exchange.
SylvestyLesty
smol bean

Since Dan's active again, I wanted to take this as an opportunity to bring up the fact that Dan screamed at one of the bar staff in a venue he was at "as a joke" and had the audience humilate him (:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

SylvestyLesty wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:07 pm Since Dan's active again, I wanted to take this as an opportunity to bring up the fact that Dan screamed at one of the bar staff in a venue he was at "as a joke" and had the audience humilate him (:
sorry - when was this?
Fluffy ninja
placenta

rizzo wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:38 pm
SylvestyLesty wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:07 pm Since Dan's active again, I wanted to take this as an opportunity to bring up the fact that Dan screamed at one of the bar staff in a venue he was at "as a joke" and had the audience humilate him (:
sorry - when was this?
I created an account just to respond to this, as this isn't what happened at all. I'm pretty sure this post is about the Soho show Dan did last year, where he had a brief joke with one of the bar staff about them giving him a Corona. I was at the show and it was clearly a joke arranged as part of his set.

If I'm being generous, I'd say maybe this person wasn't at the show, heard this story online somewhere and is now repeating it without checking if its true. But it's really easy to check as the Soho show was recorded and the videos are on DINI. At no point does Dan scream at the staff or do anything even close to that.

tbh I don't think this was sent in good faith, but just as an attempt to start drama about Dan over something that didn't even happen
SylvestyLesty
smol bean

Somewhere in the middle here. Screams at the bar staff about where his beer is and then turns it into a "joke". Some people said this was a joke repeated both nights-but why make it in the first place?
Fluffy ninja
placenta

SylvestyLesty wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:14 pm https://youtu.be/qbSJ_JuN4uk

Somewhere in the middle here. Screams at the bar staff about where his beer is and then turns it into a "joke". Some people said this was a joke repeated both nights-but why make it in the first place?
If you’d actually watched the video, you can see that at no point does he scream at any of the staff
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

Does anyone know where Dan's opera pic and Phil's new insta photos were taken?
Fluffy ninja
placenta

LAshleigh wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:24 pm Does anyone know where Dan's opera pic and Phil's new insta photos were taken?
Dan’s opera pic was at The Grange Festival, but I’m not sure if Phil’s pictures are from the same place
SylvestyLesty
smol bean

Thank you to you guys who made new accounts to reply to me ❤️

Dan does yell at the staff for not getting him his beer. I heard someone mention this was a scripted joke, but I don't find a multi millionaire yelling at a restaurant employee that funny, I suppose.

Other than that it's evident Dan has done a lot of stuff from sketchy to downright gross. I thought as he's getting active again this could be a good time to bring it up. If that's not the case, I...well, I don't apologize. I'd just encourage you all to make the best choices you can with the evidence given and keep your expectations low.