Dan and Phil Part 104: DAPG IS BACK FROM THE DEAD

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
greenergrass
stress mushroom

jumpscare timestamps for today's vid, thanks to tweedledj in the youtube comments:
Here are the jumpscares with some context:

6:29 hand
10:27 Hand again
19:16 Creature moving (seen from a distance)
22:11 Doll
22:20 Major jumpscare
27:10 Creature (TW: hanging body)
28:14 Final Jumpscare

There are also some loud/spooky noises throughout the game, including a door slamming, someone coughing and heavy breathing
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I don’t get the twitter discourse of “are dnp in a relationship? it’s a secret!” bc…no, it’s not? Didn’t Dan literally out them as being more than friends and having a relationship that was “ours and personal” on the coming out video? Was that not them telling us they’re together? I get not screaming it at them, as they don’t talk about it and Dan explicitly asked to be respected about that (and put emphasis on their sex life) on the same video. But why are some people still acting like it’s pre-coming out?
the candlelight by the crescent moon
nicky1388
spork

Kurapika wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:42 am I don’t get the twitter discourse of “are dnp in a relationship? it’s a secret!” bc…no, it’s not? Didn’t Dan literally out them as being more than friends and having a relationship that was “ours and personal” on the coming out video? Was that not them telling us they’re together? I get not screaming it at them, as they don’t talk about it and Dan explicitly asked to be respected about that (and put emphasis on their sex life) on the same video. But why are some people still acting like it’s pre-coming out?

where have you see that discourse on twitter?

i haven't seen it, but then again i get so little dnp on twitter because i have my twitter so locked down. i have to go to search/explore most of the time. i only found one tweet about Dan calling Phil 'honey' and i honestly expected way more. also, only like two or three people even reacted to the tweet i did find.

i personally retweeted it because i love how the smidgen of domesticity slipped out AND made it into the video.

like, i am long content with the fact that they will tease us forever and we will never have an explicit confirmation but it is absolutely adorable when they give us a little glimpse inside the bubble, ya know?
princesstalsy
dank meme

nicky1388 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:54 am i haven't seen it, but then again i get so little dnp on twitter because i have my twitter so locked down. i have to go to search/explore most of the time. i only found one tweet about Dan calling Phil 'honey' and i honestly expected way more. also, only like two or three people even reacted to the tweet i did find.

i personally retweeted it because i love how the smidgen of domesticity slipped out AND made it into the video.
when i first watched the video, i thought it sounded more like dan was just saying it as an expression (like, honey, you've got a big storm coming), but now watching the clip idk..
Grey
lady door

I always liked reading people's time stamp commentary of the videos and since nobody had posted it, I decided to give it a whirl myself. Much respect for people who did that before because it took forever and I'm not sure I did a great job. Not sure why I picked one of the longer videos to attempt it for either. But here they are, if anyone wants to read them for the spooky week Golf game:
0:00 "Hello Dan and Phil Games, spooky holes". What IS he implying? Whatever it is, Phil says he's not wrong.
0:16 Dan is having none of the golf hats (Phil's has a spider on it). To be fair they do have a gross looking inside. Black stuff from the hat gets all over the desk. And Dan's flag thing flops over.
0:58 Phil dares Dan to eat/lick the black fluff and demonstrates licking.
1:11 Dan declares he will not be wearing the golf hats again.
1:19 But the hat is improving Phil's day greatly.
1:34 "Snort it" says Dan about the black stuff on the desk.
1:41 Enough with the hat shenanigans - they are playing Greener Grass Awaits.
2:33 I spoke too soon. "Side note: do you think they'd let us into a golf club if we wore these outfits?" asks Phil. No. Dan thinks they'd throw the clubs at them.
2:45 *jump scare* (not really) I LOVE TO GOLF. GOLF FOREVER. WOOHOO GOLF.
3:10 Phil is extremely successful at scaring Dan; we are all terrified.
3:35 Dan explains that it will be hard to scare him today because of the pure rage the golf hat fills him with.
3:40 Phil tries to scare Dan again. He declares that Dan is like a steel brick. "That's an expensive construction material" remarks Dan.
4:05 The real horror is capitalism.
4:43 The game is a golf bag possession responsibility simulator.
4:45 "Should we take it in turns with the swinging?" "Yeah" "That's what someone's mum said last night" oh ok
5:20 Phil requires more praise from Dan for his amazing golfing skills.
5:40 Phil has never been so sure about a hole and yet it is not great. PISS.
6:05 The horror may be beginning as the sun sets.
6:42 Dan wants to test the game's boundaries and promptly falls into a lake. "This body does not swim" says the game.
6:50 "This is just rule simulator!" cries Dan.
7:00 Dan thinks the scariest thing that could happen is someone saying "Sir you're not allowed to be on this golf course" (foreshadowing lol). Phil thinks it would be a giant naked man pig running at them at full speed.
7:12 "I am going to find whoever made this game and..." threatens Dan. "golf with them" finishes Phil.
7:35 They don't understand why this person (Craig) is doing this now, why not come golf during the day?
7:40 Craig Crag Creg Crag Creg no offence if you're an American or called Craig
7:50 Dan is unimpressed by the design of this golf course and he's right - it's ugly.
8:15 Dan is unsure if he can trust Phil to finish this hole and Phil assures him he can be trusted because they call him Golfy Lester.... Despite this nickname, he misses.
8:40 Dan's worst nightmare has come true: a guy appears and tells them the course is closed. They can either respond "I know" or "I didn't know"
9:13 Going the chaotic route, they choose "I know". They are told to leave.
9:20 Options are "Probably" or "I know". Phil thinks if they choose the latter, it makes them the psychopaths. Dan picks that.
9:50 The employee has sad eyes and they feel sorry for him. Truly, he's just trying to do his job.
10:10 "Now, it's time to go home. We are pests!" Dan declares.
10:17 They think all of the golf courses look like penises.
10:35 Phil says he heard a rustle and is definitely not trying to make Dan jump. *silence* Dan screams and makes Phil jump.
10:45 "What can I say? Life be fleeting, balls be yeeting". Wise words.
11:11 They find the poor employee, lying slain on the golf course.
11:40 "I don't want to whack [the ball] into his body!" says Phil right before whacking the ball into his body.
11:53 "PHIL! PHIL! YOU PUTTED IT RIGHT TO THE DEAD GUY! What the hell is wrong with you, you monster" says Dan right before continuing to whack the ball at said dead guy, getting the ball all bloody.
12:24 Nevertheless, golfing is life, so they press on. "We're such bad people" remarks Dan as they break into a cabin.
12:45 They find out the landscaping company had bizarre ads.
14:13 Golfing is hard.
14:30 Phil is even getting annoyed at his own innuendos. Dan thinks he should keep going.
14:44 *screaming and intense frustration*
15:13 Dan's song about antisocial golfing is rudely interrupted by them being killed by the employee's corpse and them shrieking.
16:20 *more screaming and dying*
16:45 They strategize and do some intense golfing / running from the employee.
18:17 They're scared and stuck in a hedge but it's fine because "golf is life".
18:40 Suddenly all the annoying mechanics of the game make sense to Dan.
18:57 Phil seems to have given up doing the golfing and has become Dan's golf coach.
19:40 This game is really hard and Dan regrets everything he has ever said. Phil thinks they're going to be here all night.
20:40 They did it! But now it's gone red and they're in hell.
21:30 Dan shrieks because a new employee appears to ask what they're doing. The answer options are "I'm golfing" and "A golfer". I am not socially smart enough to understand what the difference between those options is. But they seem to think "I'm golfing" fits with the rude precedent they set before.
21:45 "why are you so loud?" Phil wants to know.
22:00 The employee tells them to stay away from the caddy house because it's bad. The answer options are "I'm not done" or "I'm fantastic". They like the second answer.
22:17 Hole ten - boomerang penis
22:45 There's a landscaper chasing them. "Right, you know how to golf, Dan!" says Coach Phil.
23:24 They agree the landscaper following them looks like 2013 Dan.
24:35 Dan is getting pretty good at this but now there's another one following them.
24:50 In his best pet parent voice, "Right you cheeky buggers, stay there. No. NO." commands Dan to the landscapers chasing him.
25:37 "Babes, why are you running?" asks Phil as the landscapers start behaving differently.
25:48 Daniel Woods is successful.
26:05 Dan says it's in the top five scariest games he's ever played. WOOHOO GOLF.
27:05 Things are not going well. *Shrieking. A lot of shrieking*
27:57 Despite them both mentioning at the start of this video that golf has 18 holes, they are both shocked that hole 12 wasn't the last hole.
28:26 The inside of this house is horrific. "That's a charred corpse. Lovely. Okay."
28:41 They've entered a Satanic realm. Dan seems to be really enjoying the bizarreness of this game.
29:18 Discussion about if it's okay to leave the bag. Dan is worried but Phil says it's fine.
30:07 Eww. They pop the blister (per the instructions) and it's disgusting.
30:27 Oh no, the bag. They do indeed need the bag. *death stare from Dan*
31:11 "Philip, would you like the have the honour of potentially the final putt?"
31:24 But it's not over. They have to kill God now.
31:56 The dead employee is lying on the table. Dan apologizes for being rude to him and explains they're just super passionate about golf.
32:50 Strategic gaming doesn't work so they decide to speed run it. This works better.
33:19 That disgusting blister thing again. I hate it.
33:55 They have angered the god of the golf realm. It has to be killed.
34:56 "Why is this so cinematic?!" Golf God doesn't just die, oh no. There's a lot going on.
35:36 Hell yeah, golf is loading. They're back in the parking lot. Dan says it gives the same feeling as the end of Undertale.
36:02 I think Phil goes to give Dan a high-five. "You're gonna kick my ass when we do golf with friends" says Phil. When? Ooh I like the sound of that! Yes please.
36:15 We get to see the bizarre landscaping ad.
36:39 Get ready for Dan and Phil present Greener Grass The Movie.
36:48 Wow. That gave Phil a headache.
37:08 Proper high-five this time.
37:12 *Golf hat removal and screaming.*
37:38 If the video gets 800,000 thumbs up, Dan will consider doing Golf with Friends. So get thumbs-upping because I want a new Golf with Friends.
I'm having a stress.
Kurapika

nicky1388 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:54 am
Kurapika wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:42 am I don’t get the twitter discourse of “are dnp in a relationship? it’s a secret!” bc…no, it’s not? Didn’t Dan literally out them as being more than friends and having a relationship that was “ours and personal” on the coming out video? Was that not them telling us they’re together? I get not screaming it at them, as they don’t talk about it and Dan explicitly asked to be respected about that (and put emphasis on their sex life) on the same video. But why are some people still acting like it’s pre-coming out?

where have you see that discourse on twitter?
Sometimes when I search “dan phil” or “dnp” to see what ppl are talking about, I see some tweets like this.
parallel
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

Anyone else notice that Dan's accent has changed to become southern again? At first in 2009 he'd pronounce everything in a southern way, and then after Phil exposure he started saying things in a more northern way. But in the spooky week videos lately I've noticed he says "after" the southern way again (99% sure he used to say "after" the northern way like pre-hiatus). Unless I'm misremembering Dan's old accent?

I guess it makes sense Dan's starting to sound more southern again as he's been living in London for a while. And Phil's also been sounding more and more southern over time but I don't think it's done a U-turn like Dan's accent (ie he started off sounding northern and has only been sounding more and more southern over time).
iero
phabergé

parallel wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:02 pm Anyone else notice that Dan's accent has changed to become southern again? At first in 2009 he'd pronounce everything in a southern way, and then after Phil exposure he started saying things in a more northern way. But in the spooky week videos lately I've noticed he says "after" the southern way again (99% sure he used to say "after" the northern way like pre-hiatus). Unless I'm misremembering Dan's old accent?

I guess it makes sense Dan's starting to sound more southern again as he's been living in London for a while. And Phil's also been sounding more and more southern over time but I don't think it's done a U-turn like Dan's accent (ie he started off sounding northern and has only been sounding more and more southern over time).
i haven't noticed dan sound particularly northern ever tbh (unless when he's joking or imitating phil) heck even phil hardly sounds northern but i always thought that he tried to hide his accent a bit in videos and will speak differently irl when relaxed. he sounds like how i talk when i visit my southern partner's parents (i'm from yorkshire lol)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

:skeleton:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
ignacio
smol bean
Pronouns: he/him

Catallena wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:07 am

:skeleton:
jumpscare timestamps by @mama_tot470 on yt comments
1:25 Phil
2:44 Dan
3:10 Game start
8:03 ATM falls
8:40 Security bot
12:18 Elevator
13:51 Vent falls
15:21 Chica (dan almost fell off the chair lmao)
17:33 Monty noises
20:26 Pipe falls
20:42 announcement
21:37 Monty
23:30 Game end
greenergrass
stress mushroom

ignacio wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:31 am
jumpscare timestamps by @mama_tot470 on yt comments
1:25 Phil
2:44 Dan
3:10 Game start
8:03 ATM falls
8:40 Security bot
12:18 Elevator
13:51 Vent falls
15:21 Chica (dan almost fell off the chair lmao)
17:33 Monty noises
20:26 Pipe falls
20:42 announcement
21:37 Monty
23:30 Game end
thanks @ignacio! just came to add these as usual, but glad to see you were already on it :stan:
Kurapika

Fun video again! I’m enjoying the balance of popular viral games and indie games! I wouuuuld enjoy if there was more game variety instead of jumpscares always, but that’s me being nitty picky and the golf one did that!

It’s so nice to have their videos to watch everyday. And it’s even nice to see twitter fights in the fandom! Giving my life a bit of variety lol
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

This discourse is my whole Twitter page today (when it should be speculation about their "HIGHLY UNORTHODOX" final spooky week video, are there any guesses besides baking?)

I don't have much to add to the discourse, but I do feel like the people "defending" dnp from supposed speculation don't give the boys enough credit. This isn't the vday video or someone filming them from across the street - this is a public video intended for us to enjoy. They have been doing this for over a decade, they know what their audience is like and how their interactions will be perceived. There is a line that can be crossed and I'm sure there are some people that make it weird, but fangirling over domesticity seems pretty harmless compared to other things they've been through.
parallel
phabergé

iero wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:15 pm
parallel wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:02 pm Anyone else notice that Dan's accent has changed to become southern again? At first in 2009 he'd pronounce everything in a southern way, and then after Phil exposure he started saying things in a more northern way. But in the spooky week videos lately I've noticed he says "after" the southern way again (99% sure he used to say "after" the northern way like pre-hiatus). Unless I'm misremembering Dan's old accent?

i haven't noticed dan sound particularly northern ever tbh (unless when he's joking or imitating phil) heck even phil hardly sounds northern but i always thought that he tried to hide his accent a bit in videos and will speak differently irl when relaxed. he sounds like how i talk when i visit my southern partner's parents (i'm from yorkshire lol)
Dan sounds mostly southern but he at least used to say words like "bath" and "after" and "staff" etc the northern way in like 2018. I noticed he's saying "after" the southern way again, I'd have to pay more attention to his accent to see if it's really changed though. I agree Phil doesn't sound northern anymore though, but he did definitely have a northern accent in his older videos (pre Dan exposure lol).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The phannie morality police have lost their damn minds, freaking out about people commenting on their interactions in public videos. That's normal! Literally why YouTubers even have a job. Hell, in the big bad outside world us mere mortals will also have opinions on others and vice versa. The fuck are we supposed to do, watch their videos and then just not have a thought? At all? Ever?

The 'don't speculate or assume things about their private life!' thing has gone from well meaning to deranged. They're the only ones creating drama and discourse about it. It's 2023. We don't hand out cookies anymore for desperately ignoring the obvious. They carefully share things with us, whether that's grabbing each other's hands in a gaming video, or interviews about husbands and geriatric tortoises, or even the Instastory of their private celebration of Phil's birthday with the two pieces of cake and two cups of coffee. And then they leave us to draw our own conclusions based on all of that that, because they know we're not stupid and putting together context clues is actually a very useful skill to have as a grown adult.

One thing that I have to say about the FNAF video is that I loooove the little comments and mini stories about stuff they've done. Their Vidcon experiences being mainly going through backrooms, not liking all the sucking up to random celebs for Radio 1 and The Brits, and The Piss Incident. Please never stop talking, I wanna hear everything.

Anyway, so no video today but I'm dying to see what this highly unorthodox finale video (see DAPG community post) is. Baking is the first obvious guess, but I was thinking... the return of the nun costume?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

Catallena wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:31 pm Anyway, so no video today but I'm dying to see what this highly unorthodox finale video (see DAPG community post) is. Baking is the first obvious guess, but I was thinking... the return of the nun costume?
Why not both :skeleton: :skeleton:
howadorableright
sad dimple

first time in my adult life that i am refreshing the dnpgames channel. is this healing or regressing...only time will tell lmaooo
back back back back again
howadorableright
sad dimple

also as a fnaf fan i am half excited half sad that they only played one episode of ruin esp without playing security breach. it is spooky week so i'll give them a pass this time

it makes me think tho i know they have rarely done full playthroughs but i really think a key to growing their channel would be doing entire runs of popular series (fnaf!! hello ride the movie hype while you can) so they can gain new fans instead of just relying on nostalgia :shrug: it's working for me rn but also i have invested like ten years into them, i just worry without a bit of a refresh they won't be able to recreate the hype. which maybe isn't what they want anyway, who knows!!

(pls play deltarune also thankiesss)
back back back back again
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

howadorableright wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:12 pm first time in my adult life that i am refreshing the dnpgames channel. is this healing or regressing...only time will tell lmaooo
I am too! I don't even have time to watch a full video right now, I just NEED to know what their unorthodox idea is??

Also happy 40th bday to Martyn! :ribena:
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

I hope they revisit Minecraft and just wander around for half an hour trying to figure out how to make a jack-o-lantern
Possum
squish

howadorableright wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:12 pm first time in my adult life that i am refreshing the dnpgames channel. is this healing or regressing...only time will tell lmaooo
Same here! I've been checking for a new video all day. I've really enjoyed Spooky Week so far!

I would love to see them do full playthroughs of games. I liked the new FNAF video but I wanted them to keep exploring the world, plus maybe play Security Breach too, since I think they'd have fun with it. Also, +1 to the Deltarune suggestion. I think multi-video series would be a great way to do something new with their channel that's not just their usual one-off videos.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Proper planning and keeping to schedules is never gonna be their strong suit huh?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
nicky1388
spork

BAKING
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I keep having to pause to catch my breath bUT PHIL SHOULD BE SLUTTIER!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sarmstr2

Man I hate that kitchen.