Dan and Phil Part 104: DAPG IS BACK FROM THE DEAD

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Levitating
#relatable

It just doesn't reflect the narrative of "they're millionaires". Just middle class life.

As for videos I'd like to see: Mario Kart races, another gameplay like Undertale (which was fun because of Undertail itself, so it'd need to be something interesting), more cooking, and - even if it's not strictly a game - a mukbang!
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Catallena wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:14 am I remember the Monster Cakepop video creating such a buzz because we were all thinking about how it couldn't get any wilder than that with them, and look at us now. They're putting R rated shit up on YouTube and having a blast doing it. I'm a different person than I was before I watched it, and now I kinda want to start a religion around this video. :stan:

Highlights/commentary (haven't done this in ages) let's go:
- Kitchen reveal! It's... a kitchen. The fake flat kitchen kinda ate her up ngl.
- Dan's eye makeup is taking me out, that's what I look like when I roll out of bed extra early to go swimming after only at most 5 hours of sleep.
- Dildo advice from Dan.
- Phil could've been sluttier, but yes after the maid outfit we know that's not quite his thing. It's fine, Dan is slutty enough for the both of them.
- Phil wanking his tail :boredwank:
- The way Phil legit gets flustered to the point where he hides behind the counter for a bit is mad cute.
- Dan tying the bow on Phil's cape bringing us right back The Hoodie Story from that one liveshow. You know the one.
- Dan shakes his ass. That's it, that's the highlight. :ASs:
- Stupid rich people and their stupid smart kitchens.
- He microwaved foil AGAIN? They're gonna start The Great Fire Of London 2: Electric Boogaloo one day.
- The sparkle edit every time Dan flips his veil is just so good.
- Dan yelling about how they're in their thirties while wearing a slutty nun costume is an underrated part of this video tbh.
- Bubby :love2:
- Gays do math and I go feral over that little touch.
- The "hey girl" at Samara is another underrated part, I was in stitches I tell you.
- I swear they used to have an electric hand mixer at some point. Where is it? If it's gone, please just buy a new one they're so cheap.
- At this point in the video I was really wondering how either of those were gonna be edible.
- "Hey we saw you across the club do you wanna come to the afterlife with us?" is a top tier joke.
- Phil's English Linguistics degree is really fighting for its life here.
- "You are too chaotic today" No kidding.
- Bowl Boobs. Which slide across Dan's whole naked ass body but are seemingly never cleaned again before use.
- Dan can't stop using the Lord's name in vain.
- The horny oven is so obviously Dan I didn't even have to look up who edited the video.
- I hope that dental floss wasn't the minty kind.
- Babuse happening right on camera.
- Still floored any of this turned out as edible cinnamon rolls. :cinnamon:
- "Is there a reason why you always stand like that when you're in nun form" suggests one of two things. The first possibility is that Phil is lying about only having seen Sister Daniela on photos and that he has seen 'nun form' before. Or Dan dragged that costume back all the way from the US, but never wore it again, and Phil has just looked at the photos and video footage so damn much it is just engraved in his brain (maybe the part where the linguistics should be). Which tracks because he immediately recognized it in his last video. :hmmm:
- Why does Phil look like he's trying out a bad opening line on Dan during the coffee making.
- They're cowards for having Dan undress in the tiny end screen thing, but on full screen that might actually get them yeeted from YouTube so ok.

This video man. If you had told me about this 3 weeks ago I would not have believed you, and not just because it's on DAPG.
Great recap, so many good moments in this video. You're right, the samara part was underrated, I rewatched that multiple times. Also I love how we all immediately thought of the hoodie story during the bow tying, time really has not passed at all.
Scout
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

Love the baking video so much! I was wondering what you guys think the gaming to non-gaming ratio will be for the channel? I would love it if non-gaming videos were a more regular thing instead of just for special occasions.
:lesbianflag:
Phantasy
woodland creature

Just wanna add that custom fit curved cabinetry and countertops with concealed appliances ain’t cheap… no wonder it took forever to build.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Catallena wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:14 am

Highlights/commentary (haven't done this in ages) let's go:
- Kitchen reveal! It's... a kitchen. The fake flat kitchen kinda ate her up ngl.
- Phil could've been sluttier, but yes after the maid outfit we know that's not quite his thing. It's fine, Dan is slutty enough for the both of them.
- I swear they used to have an electric hand mixer at some point. Where is it? If it's gone, please just buy a new one they're so cheap.
- "Hey we saw you across the club do you wanna come to the afterlife with us?" is a top tier joke.
- Bowl Boobs. Which slide across Dan's whole naked ass body but are seemingly never cleaned again before use.
- "Is there a reason why you always stand like that when you're in nun form" suggests one of two things. The first possibility is that Phil is lying about only having seen Sister Daniela on photos and that he has seen 'nun form' before. Or Dan dragged that costume back all the way from the US, but never wore it again, and Phil has just looked at the photos and video footage so damn much it is just engraved in his brain (maybe the part where the linguistics should be). Which tracks because he immediately recognized it in his last video. :hmmm:

This video man. If you had told me about this 3 weeks ago I would not have believed you, and not just because it's on DAPG.
I remembered Phil using an electric whisk in his birthday cake video, so I rewatched. He says they found it in a cupboard that they didn’t even know was a cupboard, so I’m guessing it belonged to the landlord so they left it at the old flat.

I hope they aren’t seeing all the criticism of their kitchen, because I haven’t given up hope for a house tour.

I love the comment that “Dan is slutty enough for the both of them”!

I love how Phil always cracks himself up. Dan never laughs at his own jokes. Probably the theatre kid in him.

Yeah, 3 years ago Phil was baking alone and I was afraid they’d never bake together again. So glad I was wrong!
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
nicky1388
spork

the DAPG revival is the best thing i have ever expierienced.

i really want to see more multipart playthoughs so badly.

i am not a gamer by any stretch of the imagination, except for sims. i had mo idea what undertale is tbh. i have never played most of the more trendy games they've attempted on the channel. so, for me, full playthroughs are the absolute best. it gives me a chance to actually understand the game and it feels more immersive.

i also feel like for full playthroughs that aren't Sims, we get to see ALOT more of the actual game mechanics that sometimes seems to be cut out when they're one off videos.

would love to see a full fnaf/silly-simple scary game playthrough series.

i would also really love a longer minecraft series where they actually learn the mechanics of the game. i love watching people play minecraft.
literally_formless
butt chair
Pronouns: she/her

This was my first Spooky Week as a fan, so I'm very sympathetic to you all who went through the post-Spooky-Week drop many times! I already miss the rush of getting the notification every day.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

So while DnP give us time to recover from that video...

Here's an opinion piece about the return of DanAndPhilGames and 2010's internet culture. It's.... interesting?

And Dan has signed a letter calling for the PM to ban conversion therapy.

And some older news but Dan has also been added to the website of Intertalent. Interestingly he is listed under comedy, while Phil was listed under Digital & Gaming.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
EmilyRambles
smol bean

I have to say, I don't love how people on here are saying they wished Phil was dressed "sluttier".. like I understand it's probably a joke but I feel like generally it's such an odd comment to make about somebody like you're gonna be disappointed that Phil wasn't showing as much skin as you wanted in this video? I feel like you should just let him do his thing and not possibly shame him for not wearing something you wanted to see to satisfy yourself. I'm really sorry for a sort of negative post but it does rub me the wrong way. Maybe I just don't understand where your coming from when you say this?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Just a joke mostly because earlier in the week people went wild at the sight of Phil's naked shoulder.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
liola
rankussy

Catallena wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:15 pm Just a joke mostly because earlier in the week people went wild at the sight of Phil's naked shoulder.
When it comes to Phil we react like victorian lads getting a sneaky ankle look. We wish we could see more but I'm not sure we would survive it.

I haven't recovered from the video yet, especially since I don't ever watch spooky week basically so I still wasn't used to the joint content. Dan's Nan outfit does nothing to me, but seeing Phil flustered by the flick? *Chef kiss*

I hate their kitchen. It's fancy af and it definitely cost way more than any middle class person would ever comfortably afford, but at the end of the day is a modern glossy white kitchen and it just shows money can't buy taste, truly.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
kavat
pastel persona

Hello I am here it took me 3 business days to recover from that video

Point 1: I would love for Dan to get a proper drag makeover from a queen, not because I necessarily want him to go into the performance of it, but because I think it would be great for him to explore femineity more in a safe space and with someone more experienced. There is clearly something within him that lights up when he puts on that outfit and I just think it would be so good for him to look into that more.

Point 2: Flustered Phil is fantastic, he could barely handle himself for a moment there and that was so fun to see.

Point 3: I really don't understand the hate for the kitchen! It looks like a standard nice and modern kitchen, what are people expecting? It matches the vibe of their home and still feels inviting to me with the plants and the nick-nacks on the shelves. And that curved wall is quite unusual and fun as well. We clearly don't see the entire kitchen in frame, I don't think even they are minimal enough to not have a sink, but I do judge them for not knowing how to turn on the stove.

Point 5: The original recipe calls the cinnamon buns swedish but as a swede, putting eggs in a cinnamon bun dough just feels wrong and weird. Get it together, BBC (and putting icing on them will cause an uproar, it got all swedes banned from the r/food subreddit because they kept calling them cum buns. We take our buns VERY seriously and yes, there is a dedicated holiday for the cinnamon bun).
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

I haven’t even seen the video yet (just screenshots) and I am salivating over that kitchen with its pretty curves. . I don’t love the white but it is so functional! All the storage space, the shelves, the separate island. I’m dying — I would love to cook in space like that. These boys are just wasting it and I do wonder what it would take for one of them to take a genuine interest in cooking.
Levitating
#relatable

Catallena wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:55 pm And some older news but Dan has also been added to the website of Intertalent. Interestingly he is listed under comedy, while Phil was listed under Digital & Gaming.

My imagination tells me that either he was negotiating his contract with them form much longer or, having settled that, there was an annoying back-and-forth on the copy :lol: (poor editors; I have been in that position). It doesn't scream YouTuber, which he doesn't like, but still can't be denied.
Daniel Howell is one of the world’s most popular entertainers to have emerged in the last decade. With millions of followers that know him from comedy videos, stage shows, radio, #1 bestselling books and more. Known for his existential and self-deprecating humour – in addition to making jokes at his own expense, he has also spoken about his real struggles with depression and his sexuality. It is this mix of entertainment with the profound and deeply personal that has given Dan a devoted following that respect Dan for his sincerity and integrity, as well as a platform to become an activist for mental health and LGBT+ issues.

Since starting his ‘accidental career’ writing and performing comedy in 2009, Dan’s audience has grown with him and the story of his life is a cult legend that shaped an entire generation, creating an empire that only a handful of the globe’s biggest fandoms could contend with.
blu
squish

emoji_pajamas
tol bean

Are we 😳 getting regular updates now 😳😳😳

Loved the video, but the apartment tour went from fun and nostalgic to a little creepy, how did they get the views from outside the windows 😭

"I was asked to be in Homo Emo one time" Phil Lester 2k23
Levitating
#relatable

I loved this video! And whoever made that space, wow, kudos to them!

I've seen around that apparently, shocked as they might feel, they are the ones responsible for the public knowledge of their apartment's floor plan - it was shared on TATINOF LOL

What's creepy, yes, is the (apparent) preciseness of what's behind the windows.

I wonder how does Zoe manages it? She's been showing her surrounding for a while now. Perhaps her fans are less creepy stalkers?
Possum
squish

I was initially not expecting much at seeing "Roblox" in the title, but I actually really loved this video a lot??? I adored all the flashbacks and anecdotes about their old apartment. So nostalgic! I really hope that they're going to continue to sometimes do stuff like this and the baking that are just joint content that's not necessarily "gaming" (although I do love the true gaming too).
Kurapika
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I loved what they did with the editing! Felt like a trip down memory lane 😭😭
the candlelight by the crescent moon
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

For every YouTuber with a fanbase there will be a few people who more or less know where they live, they usually just don't share it very publicly. It's not that different from 'normal' celebrities tbh and it's probably inevitable in a city like London. The thing with the first London flat was that at some point almost everyone knew where it was, and the only thing passed around more in DMs than their address was that video. It came to the point where people would walk around their street all day (as said by Dan recently said they lived on a busy high street) to have the chance to 'accidentally' bump into them. I remember a selfie shamelessly taken by their actual front door. They were more careful about not showing where they lived than they had been in Manchester but they still messed up a few times. I think Dan at some point accidentally shared the location of their nearest Starbucks in a tweet and I remember them telling a story about a sweet shop(?) in their neighborhood that had recently closed on the radio. Combined with things like showing their nearest Tube station in the DITL, people with basic knowledge of London figured stuff out pretty quickly. At the time anons would pop up on Phantaray (gossip/discussion blog on Tumblr back in the day) claiming they worked in shops near their house and regularly saw them as costumers (not verified of course but still plausible). There was also a rumor that some people had followed them home after one of the first radio shows before they always started taking cabs home, idk how true that was though. But basically, bitches be stalking.

In the second flat(s) they were a lot more careful, but I'm assuming that at first they were planning on not filming at all in the living flat and they let go of that idea almost immediately. That picture of the creepy crawler in the bedroom revealed a different floor, and in the months/years after that we saw different types of doors, Phil's broom closet bedroom set, and the completely empty fridge with a plant in front of it. Still, a lot of people were surprised when they revealed it so it apparently wasn't that obvious, but they probably could've gone longer without the hyper observant people catching on.

But I really enjoyed that video, it felt like a lovely nostalgic stroll down memory lane. Highlight was Phil casually revealing he got asked to be in Homo Emo. And him doing the Reasons Why Dan's A Failr (Yay!) jingle was cute.

Meanwhile they desperately needed a holiday after that baking video :pancakes:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
literally_formless
butt chair

The result of being repeatedly accused of parasocial attachment by Dan in the Roblox video is that Phil came to me in a dream and told me he couldn't believe nobody caught one time that the Wii had been moved to his bedroom because he had a guy over (and I guess that was his version of Netflix & Chill) and they forgot to move it back in the next video.
vincentian
hobbit hair

blu wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:08 pm
I remember there was a video that showed the whole address of their 1st London flat on a parcel (that they edited out later) and that was like 8 years ago, lots of people knew it, it was easy to google. They should've been more careful about privacy. Ofc, stalking incidents are not cool at all.

Overall a fun video, silly spon excerpt that looked more like mocking the game and actually was the funniest part of the video. Outro with Dan's voice wishing us a good day is something else too. :rofl:

What's with them and this trend to tell the untold stories from the past on the gaming channel, it's like part of decloseting or smth.
kavat
pastel persona

A highlight for me was Phil saying he was halfway out of the closet. They don't really talk about how he was actually out to some people for a long time before 2019. I find that interesting.
FortuneCookie
smol bean

Hello everybody!
I feel so weird actually posting here since i have been such a long time lurker! Thinking of the evolution of this group since gurugossip and then on idb makes me feel nostalgic af, i used to read this forum like newspaper every sigle day since 2016 haha. Sometimes i regret not participating in the discourse back in the day but oh well, it's never too late to follow your dreams as Phil says. I'm looking forward to this new era from the bois and i'm kinda hoping for liveshows but i'm not sure if it's the nostalgia talking. <3
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

FortuneCookie wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:42 pm Hello everybody!
I feel so weird actually posting here since i have been such a long time lurker! Thinking of the evolution of this group since gurugossip and then on idb makes me feel nostalgic af, i used to read this forum like newspaper every sigle day since 2016 haha. Sometimes i regret not participating in the discourse back in the day but oh well, it's never too late to follow your dreams as Phil says. I'm looking forward to this new era from the bois and i'm kinda hoping for liveshows but i'm not sure if it's the nostalgia talking. <3
Hello! Always nice to see a lurker join in on the fun. :welcome:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr