Dan and Phil Part 104: DAPG IS BACK FROM THE DEAD

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Aquillamythos
placenta

princesstalsy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:24 am
blacknailpolish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:21 pm Despite Dan being a huge jokester it made me feel like, wow maybe he and Phil really aren’t together?? Although that seems impractical based on all the other “evidence” lol

Anyway was curious what others thought even though this was almost a year ago lol
I'd love to start a conversation because I've wondered for years if they maybe aren't together (anymore), and I feel like there's 'evidence' of it but I'm scared to get jumped LOLLL.
jmorton
butt chair

blacknailpolish wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:21 pm Despite Dan being a huge jokester it made me feel like, wow maybe he and Phil really aren’t together?? Although that seems impractical based on all the other “evidence” lol

Anyway was curious what others thought even though this was almost a year ago lol
I'd love to start a conversation because I've wondered for years if they maybe aren't together (anymore), and I feel like there's 'evidence' of it but I'm scared to get jumped LOLLL.
My position has always been that whether they are together intimately or not, they are certainly together emotionally and financially. Buying and building a house with someone is a huge commitment. My current theory is they are in an open relationship physically but emotionally they are 100% committed to each other. This is actually not that unusual in gay male relationships.

Separate bedrooms/bathrooms etc but they vacation/holiday together and Dan's tour was the longest they had been apart since 2009.
whoahmannn
placenta

jmorton wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:21 am

My position has always been that whether they are together intimately or not, they are certainly together emotionally and financially. Buying and building a house with someone is a huge commitment. My current theory is they are in an open relationship physically but emotionally they are 100% committed to each other. This is actually not that unusual in gay male relationships.

Separate bedrooms/bathrooms etc but they vacation/holiday together and Dan's tour was the longest they had been apart since 2009.
Yeah I don't get why it's always "either Dan is lying about sleeping with other people or they're not together". Those things don't have to be mutually exclusive. Like you said, non-monogamous/monagam-ish relationships aren't unusual amongst gay men in long-term relationships. Imo, Dan has made way too many jokes about wanting to be a slut for it to not have some truth to it. However, I will point out that whenever he talks about it, it's always about what he WANTS to do, not what he has done. He doesn't even allude to having had an actual hookup that isn't just hypothetical. And lately the only sex jokes he's been making are about him and Phil alone or him and Phil with a 3rd person, which...honestly I think that says a lot.

You can choose to be cynical and claim that they're pretending to be a couple to bait phannies, but personally i don't think they're that conniving or greedy and I don't think Dan-who has been on a quest since he came out to be as authentic as possible online- would want to do that. But maybe I'm wrong and I'll feel foolish later for trusting them lol.

How I see it is that since they came out, there has been
this constant push and pull while they test their boundaries. Now it seems like they've finally managed to find a comfortable middle ground, where they can maintain their privacy, but not have to hide their relationship. If Dan wants to joke about blowing Phil with the golf hat on or grab his hand when he gets scared, or compare them to a married couple in a video game, or talk about the debate they had about the flooring in the bedroom, he can. Without worrying that it's going to open them up to judgement from people who know nothing about them or their relationship.. They know they can't do anything to control phannies or change our minds so they've just taken the "we know you know" approach, which is a win-win imo. They get to make a profit and have fun making videos together and we get content that we can be little demons about in our own little corner far away from them.

(Also hi btw. Long term lurker...yadayada...you get it)
tinaoe
crusty sponge

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:59 am I loved that! That was such a fun game, and a good mix of banter and entertaining gameplay, and I also like longer videos like that. I really hope they end up playing the rest of the game, both because it was a good video and because I need to see it through to the end.
agreed on the longer video!! it reminded me a little bit of their undertale playthrough which i loved
tinaoe
crusty sponge

i'm genrally in the same camp as jmorton, i think it's possible that they have some sort of open relationship. but honestly i feel like trying to figure out the details is just a fool's errand lol. they built a house together, so they're obviously committed to whatever it is they have. and like, i'm planning on potentially buying a house with my bestie since we're both single and not planning on having a relationship, but it was obvious from the start that that would mean two seperate flats within one house, not a shared living space lol.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I am of the opinion that they're in a monogamous relationship but that Dan just enjoys feeling like he can own the queer humor now. I have a married gay best friend that makes jokes all the time. But... I also don't fully reject the idea that it could be an emotionally monagomous but sexually open relationship. I think they're both clearly comfortable enough now that they're not insecure about the jokes - which was probably a process since to begin with jokes about other people/sex/etc were a bit forbidden territory for them outside of things specifically designed to distance themselves from queerness and exposing their relationship. So to me, as long as they're happy I'm happy. One thing I don't doubt even for a fraction of a second is how much they love each other and how dedicated they are to each other and happy with the life they've built.
princesstalsy
dank meme

Def agree with the comment that us on the outside trying to figure them out is a fool's errand - especially if trying to compare what (little) we know of the history of their relationship to like a heterosexual relationship binary.

You can consider the fact that they have their own bedrooms and washrooms, and while yes couples can have different rooms, it's interesting that they designed a house together but don't have and share a master bedroom and bathroom (to our knowledge). But then consider that they vacation together and arguably go everywhere together (family trips, friend trips) and they haven't been apart since meeting until Dan's tour like... that is not simply bestie vibes hahaha.

It's all of Dan's single-coded comments that had made me raise an eyebrow because they seem so undeniably earnest imo hahaha and I think there's no reason for Dan to make those comments, tweets, wtv for appearances or something. But I agree with the comments some of you folks made here re: Dan's single and ready to mingle-isms, it does sound like says these kinds of things now that he finally can and at the end of the day we don't know their relationship and what it allows for so.

TY for not jumping me, I just think it's interesting to think about ofc not trying to investigate and invade but just sharing!
Levitating
#relatable

I am still gathering my thoughts, but as a Londoner I just need to add that buying a house with a friend is actually a pretty regular, aromatic affair. There is a financial scheme that lets you purchase a property with someone else without being civil or marriage partners, and even whole families do it.

Also, I know - I feel - that Bryony must have a role in their whole relationship, mustn't she?
jmorton
butt chair

As long as we are on the subject:

My one discomfort with this conversation has always been it really doesn't give Phil much agency with choices about the two of them. Probably because Phil doesn't go out of his way to imply he is single like Dan does. However, it takes two to tango. A thing I always think about is how Phil isn't outwardly possessive of Dan. It's fascinating to me how we tend to put so much on what Dan says or does and kind of stop thinking about Phil ... I'm totally guilty of this as well.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Levitating wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:44 pm Also, I know - I feel - that Bryony must have a role in their whole relationship, mustn't she?
This made me laugh - I think her role might be 'long suffering friend' or possibly 'parent figure' if anything. :wine:
howadorableright
sad dimple

Levitating wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:44 pm I am still gathering my thoughts, but as a Londoner I just need to add that buying a house with a friend is actually a pretty regular, aromatic affair. There is a financial scheme that lets you purchase a property with someone else without being civil or marriage partners, and even whole families do it.
i think what makes me feel like their situation is different is that since it's a new build they probably invested millions of dollars into this place, which at least to me doesn't seem like something i'd do with someone who wasn't a partner. obviously it's case by case so who knows, but if either of them pursue anyone else romantically it seems that they would be throwing money down the drain. not saying it's not possible but that's my take ☝️
back back back back again
amazing
crusty sponge

hello, long time lurker here who finally decided to join :)

i noticed no one posted the calendar pics phil shared a couple weeks here, so i thought i would for posterity:

phil also made the class of '24 photo his profile pic on twitter

(i tried to post this before but my internet noped out on me, so sorry if there are two submissions)
amazing
crusty sponge

short and low-effort but fun! i love dan hyper-focusing on the game while phil leaves to go do other things. i relate to both, somehow.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

benny_benassi_-_satisfaction.mp3

H-hey guys nice AmazingDan reference (3:07) you got there, did y'all mayhaps watch that back for some reason recently?

:rainbowsparkle: Welcome to our new members! :rainbowsparkle:

I'm looking forward to all your posts. Your first 4 will have to be manually approved by us but you will be able to post freely after that :lilheart:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
whoahmannn
placenta

princesstalsy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:26 pm

Def agree with the comment that us on the outside trying to figure them out is a fool's errand - especially if trying to compare what (little) we know of the history of their relationship to like a heterosexual relationship binary.

You can consider the fact that they have their own bedrooms and washrooms, and while yes couples can have different rooms, it's interesting that they designed a house together but don't have and share a master bedroom and bathroom (to our knowledge). But then consider that they vacation together and arguably go everywhere together (family trips, friend trips) and they haven't been apart since meeting until Dan's tour like... that is not simply bestie vibes hahaha.

It's all of Dan's single-coded comments that had made me raise an eyebrow because they seem so undeniably earnest imo hahaha and I think there's no reason for Dan to make those comments, tweets, wtv for appearances or something. But I agree with the comments some of you folks made here re: Dan's single and ready to mingle-isms, it does sound like says these kinds of things now that he finally can and at the end of the day we don't know their relationship and what it allows for so.

TY for not jumping me, I just think it's interesting to think about ofc not trying to investigate and invade but just sharing!

Has Dan ever actually implied he's single though or just that he wants to have hookups? Also as far as the bedrooms/bathrooms go, I'll just point out that one of the first ever photos they posted of the house was of the bedroom, with a picture of Phil's family and some of his other possessions on the shelf. They also said they had an argument about carpet in the bedroom in the latest Sims video, which...if they have separate rooms anyway then why would it matter? Dan could just have wood flooring in his bedroom and Phil could have carpet in his. So it seems to me like they do have a shared master bedroom, but who knows. As for the bathrooms...I mean Phil did say that Tabitha and Dil should have separate bathrooms to "keep the magic alive". There's just so much that seems to point to them being a couple, especially recently, that I would be extremely shocked if it turned out they were just friends. But ultimately, we don't know and probably will never know and it doesn't really matter anyway. whether they're romantic or platonic or something in-between, they're obviously committed to each other and that doesn't seem like it's gonna change anytime in the near (or distant) future.
ushankaSEmo
smol bean

This video went by so fast! I wish there were more Philly input. Very dan-centric today, but I'm happy to see him enjoying making videos again :) Honestly, Dan and Philly’s wet moments is one of my top Phil quotes now. XD
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

I am so far behind on videos, but today's was funny and probably not one I should have watched at work without headphones lmao

I am curious about people saying they have different bedrooms - is that something that I missed somewhere?
hoiallemaal
smol bean

I think it is absolutely wild that some people don't think Dan and Phil are together. It would be so weird to date someone, break up, and then buy a house together and spend every second with each other.

Phil was most likely Dan's first boyfriend. It would make sense that Dan would like to experiment/hook up with other people.

I don't even have the feeling that they are hiding their relationship. It almost feels like the soft launching phase.
whoahmannn
placenta

jmorton wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:08 pm As long as we are on the subject:

My one discomfort with this conversation has always been it really doesn't give Phil much agency with choices about the two of them. Probably because Phil doesn't go out of his way to imply he is single like Dan does. However, it takes two to tango. A thing I always think about is how Phil isn't outwardly possessive of Dan. It's fascinating to me how we tend to put so much on what Dan says or does and kind of stop thinking about Phil ... I'm totally guilty of this as well.
Yeah I feel bad about that too, but it's not really intentional. There just isn't a lot to go off of bc Phil is so private. All we know is that he had a few BFs prior to 2009 (but the record stops there. I wonder why), he doesn't really enjoy having casual sex and prefers to do it with someone he has a connection with, and he doesn't wanna talk about his personal life online. Dan is a chronic oversharer and also makes so many contradictory statements that are impossible to parse that he (accidentally) provides a lot more to discuss than Phil.
momentojabali
dank meme

ok I will admit that the idea of them being non-monogamous has sometimes crossed my mind glad to see some people feel the same way
parallel
phabergé

I mean I do think they are completely monogamous. Every single time Dan has talked about wanting to hook up with other people (that I know of, at least, I haven't been watching every single DnP content tbf) it's been as something he wants to do, not as something he has done. I agree with dizzy that Dan just wants to be able to make gay jokes now.

Maybe theoretically they'd be fine with an open relationship (as in, romantically monogamous but fine with hookups outside the relationship), but I think logistically they'd find that quite hard to do. Neither of them seems like the type of person to find it easy to get out there and sleep with a stranger, even if the desire is there, because it's just awkward to make a move on a stranger. And of course I think they'd be quite wary of getting an app like Grindr because you know the news would very quickly get out about that and they'd probably find it impossible to find a decent hookup there. The same thing applies to irl cruising though probably a lot less than with an app.

I guess maybe if they were sleeping with other people then maybe the reason Dan only makes jokes about wanting to have sex with other people, instead of mentioning having sex with other people, is so the phannies don't freak out? Idk, they don't seem to be that bothered about phannies freaking out these days though, and if they are worried about that then I feel like dan joking about wanting to have sex with other people also does that lol.

They're def romantically together in some form lol. The only thing that could convince me they're not is if they publicly said they'd broken up and moved into separate homes.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

I can't remember if it was here or on Twitter, but last time people were questioning their romantic relationship I saw a hypothetical that made me laugh.

It was something like "Imagine they aren't together but then Dan brings home a date and Phil is chilling on the couch, so Dan is like 'oh don't worry about him, that's just my ex, who is also my best friend, my actual soulmate, my 4000 year old tortoise. We designed and bought this house together, did you know? And we have a joint YouTube channel where millions of people ship us together and the titles are all clickbait about our relationship. We always take joint vacations as well, hope you're okay with that. I'm also the Uncle to his niece, we text entirely in inside jokes and look at each other like we are the best damn thing on the whole planet. Wait, where are you going?"

If they weren't together, they would have one heck of a time finding someone who wouldn't be jealous (or more likely, suspicious) of that situation haha
howadorableright
sad dimple

agree, even before they came out i always thought that if they were on a dating app/had a partner it would be too hard to hide. especially with how everyone seemed to know their location 24/7 and how much people went in on knowing EVERYTHING about them
back back back back again
whoahmannn
placenta

LAshleigh wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:44 am I can't remember if it was here or on Twitter, but last time people were questioning their romantic relationship I saw a hypothetical that made me laugh.

It was something like "Imagine they aren't together but then Dan brings home a date and Phil is chilling on the couch, so Dan is like 'oh don't worry about him, that's just my ex, who is also my best friend, my actual soulmate, my 4000 year old tortoise. We designed and bought this house together, did you know? And we have a joint YouTube channel where millions of people ship us together and the titles are all clickbait about our relationship. We always take joint vacations as well, hope you're okay with that. I'm also the Uncle to his niece, we text entirely in inside jokes and look at each other like we are the best damn thing on the whole planet. Wait, where are you going?"

If they weren't together, they would have one heck of a time finding someone who wouldn't be jealous (or more likely, suspicious) of that situation haha
Yes! This exactly! Who is going to be ok with always coming second to their partner's best friend? How are you supposed to build a life with someone who has already built one with someone else? The only way I can see that working is if they plan on never having romantic partners. Which is a possibility, but they've both said things that seem to indicate that they do want that.

Also I think that we forget about Dan answering "Basically, yes" to an interviewer saying he and Phil are a "normal gay couple". He'd had so many opportunities to deny it and hadn't, and then when asked bluntly to his face, he confirmed it. I mean idk what else people want from them. They are obviously not trying to hide it anymore, but they've made it clear that it's not something they're going to talk openly about because they want privacy. They're together. That's a fact, no matter what labels they use for their relationship or what the exact nature of it is.
amazing
crusty sponge

LAshleigh wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:41 pm I am curious about people saying they have different bedrooms - is that something that I missed somewhere?
i haven't been paying super close attention, but off the top of my head, they have shown us two bedrooms so far, not counting the amazingphil room (which has a pull-down guest bed).

as the moon room was dubbed as such based on its decor, i propose nicknaming them the eclipse room and the bamboo room. one has an eclipse poster and the other has bamboo paintings and the green feature wall.

dan more or less confirmed the eclipse room is his. phil has said nothing - it's unclear if the bamboo room is technically 'his' or a guest room, though he does seem to chill in there (see his tiktoks) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i don't think it matters much - they've always had their 'own' rooms/spaces regardless of where they actually sleep, which is fair enough if you have the money.