Dan and Phil Part 104: DAPG IS BACK FROM THE DEAD

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
EmilyRambles
smol bean

Dan and Phil being in the Anthony smosh funeral but you have to pay to watch it 😭 Also I don't know if I've got this wrong but isn't the VOD only accessible until the end of this month aswell? It's such a shame they've done it like this because even if the boys weren't in it I still would've really liked to have watched it. Idk if anyone has a link to it or anything?
smoosh
tol bean

Levitating wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:44 pm Also, I know - I feel - that Bryony must have a role in their whole relationship, mustn't she?
whaaat? like in a romantic/sexual way? it’s never crossed my mind even in the early days (she WAS with wirrow back then tho…whatever happened to him? i loved his work). she always gave me mom friend vibes and seemed very cool in her content before becoming more private.

also i don’t mean to switch it up but i wanna throw out a not-so-fun fact: there’s a video of some guy “jokingly” stalking her back in the day and shoving his camera in her face and being super creepy. no wonder she became private tbh.
smoosh
tol bean

also- i’m not sure if your guys’ policy on super off-topic posts but i’d like to call attention to the ii director’s commentary where dan was talking about how he dreams about phil. his voice was so soft and genuine omg

(i hope i embed it correctly)

Last edited by Catallena on Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed embed. tips: use the YouTube button rather than the YT one and make sure it's not a shortened (youtu.be) link
Grey
lady door

Totally changing the subject (sorry) just to say: Dan and Phil being sponsored by two different shitty dragon island apps that are basically exactly the same but made by different app developers within a week span is the funniest thing ever to me.

Also: Phil is right about the ringtone.
I'm having a stress.
000dia000
emo goose

Lengthy multiple page discussions about Dan and Phil's relationship? IDB is back with a bang! :rofl:

I'm just on the fence about the whole thing as usual. I just think that if they didn't want to appear to be together, one of them could have very easily have dropped a story, whether true or not, about a hypothetical date they went on. But they don't. After all, they benefit from ambiguity and want to keep it that way. Very easily all this will-they-won't-they discussions would be finished with once the "magic" is stripped out. I think what keeps a lot of the questioning around them alive is that we truly don't know, but also we, the audience, are sort of enthralled by the spectacle of their relationship and how it presents itself as a against-all-odds love story that we want a happy ending for. What also has kept a lot of people interested for so long is how their relationship has remained quite healthy, from our perspective, and that begs even more questions about the nature of their relationship whether platonic, romantic and/or non monogamous.
:cactus:
howadorableright
sad dimple
Pronouns: she/her

EmilyRambles wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:15 am Dan and Phil being in the Anthony smosh funeral but you have to pay to watch it 😭 Also I don't know if I've got this wrong but isn't the VOD only accessible until the end of this month aswell? It's such a shame they've done it like this because even if the boys weren't in it I still would've really liked to have watched it. Idk if anyone has a link to it or anything?
i ended up paying for it which maybe was a poor financial decision, but let me know if this link works https://live.smosh.com/events/funeral/show/rip-vod
back back back back again
howadorableright
sad dimple

EmilyRambles wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:15 am Dan and Phil being in the Anthony smosh funeral but you have to pay to watch it 😭 Also I don't know if I've got this wrong but isn't the VOD only accessible until the end of this month aswell? It's such a shame they've done it like this because even if the boys weren't in it I still would've really liked to have watched it. Idk if anyone has a link to it or anything?
i ended up paying for it which maybe was a poor financial decision, but let me know if this link works https://live.smosh.com/events/funeral/show/rip-vod
back back back back again
vincentian
hobbit hair

000dia000 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:21 pm Lengthy multiple page discussions about Dan and Phil's relationship? IDB is back with a bang! :rofl:

I'm just on the fence about the whole thing as usual. I just think that if they didn't want to appear to be together, one of them could have very easily have dropped a story, whether true or not, about a hypothetical date they went on. But they don't. After all, they benefit from ambiguity and want to keep it that way. Very easily all this will-they-won't-they discussions would be finished with once the "magic" is stripped out. I think what keeps a lot of the questioning around them alive is that we truly don't know, but also we, the audience, are sort of enthralled by the spectacle of their relationship and how it presents itself as a against-all-odds love story that we want a happy ending for. What also has kept a lot of people interested for so long is how their relationship has remained quite healthy, from our perspective, and that begs even more questions about the nature of their relationship whether platonic, romantic and/or non monogamous.
I have to agree with this, but I feel like it was more true before the revival of the gaming channel. The magic and ambiguity. Recent videos show they really dgaf anymore, both individually and together, they're just being themselves.
Over the years I had my doubts that they may have had periods of distancing, but looking back on it, it's more like your mind is supplying you with imaginary obstacles in a too fairytale-like story. :straggy:
I think they are and always have been completely monogamous and unpractically committed in every way.
Grey wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:49 am Totally changing the subject (sorry) just to say: Dan and Phil being sponsored by two different shitty dragon island apps that are basically exactly the same but made by different app developers within a week span is the funniest thing ever to me.
Yes, it's hilarious, and the mocking way they do spons in general lately. I'm guessing many brands won't sponsor them because of the 18+ content, but with each new video they do the opposite of toning it down? :lol: :prideheart2: They're really walking the line here.
jmorton
butt chair

Coming back to yesterday's video. It was one of those really low effort vids that I hate but doing gamingmas has to be exhausting considering they have gone from a snail's pace with their own videos (until recently with Phil) to every day. So I'll let it slide. They did get off the innuendos and double-entendres that they are fond of in Gaming Channel 2.0

The Divorce game video is the kind I wish they would do in the future. More 'actual' game that the weird one-off's they do. I think if they did a complete series on a game ala Undertale and the Sims people would go nuts for it. I sort of feel like one or both of them is really reluctant to commit like that. Also I can completely see why they wouldn't want to start a twitch channel. Can you imagine them both dealing with the daily deluge of comments?
jmorton
butt chair

Oh ... my god. This video reveals more about them than I thought it would. It's simultaneously great and horrible. Lol

nøx
spork
Pronouns: they/them

That video was incredible.

Mad that their shirts are not new merch, I want Dan's so bad.
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

I'll have to put that one on the replay list, I don't think it's possible to watch them cackling that gleefully and stay in a bad mood
princesstalsy
dank meme

Going back in time to show this latest video to myself in 2011 to cause irreversible psychological damage...

Also is anyone else a Quiff Phil Supporter? He looks soo good in this one with that hairstyle and colour.
smoosh
tol bean

dan handing phil the power bottom card and saying “this one goes out to you” is…interesting

i feel like im not supposed to be watching this
hoiallemaal
smol bean

smoosh wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:26 pm dan handing phil the power bottom card and saying “this one goes out to you” is…interesting

First with the top bunk joke and now this...
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

smoosh wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:26 pm dan handing phil the power bottom card and saying “this one goes out to you” is…interesting

And how embarrassed Phil got made it even worse. He couldn't even finish saying it and had to go hide out of frame. It definitely feels like tmi. Especially since it feels true to his personality. I'm experiencing a lot of second hand embarrassment.
The mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. - J. M. Barrie
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

princesstalsy wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:25 pm
Also is anyone else a Quiff Phil Supporter? He looks soo good in this one with that hairstyle and colour.
Phil's hair looks so good in this video. Not just the quiff (though the shape works really well for him) but the reddish color with hints of grey is beautiful and suits his face and skin tone really well.
The mauve ones are boys and the white ones are girls, and the blue ones are just little sillies who are not sure what they are. - J. M. Barrie
parallel
phabergé

>"This one goes out to you Phil"
>Power bottom

Dan??? 😭
amazing
crusty sponge

i am a quiff supporter 100% and seeing the screencaps from the new video, i think his current hair colour suits the quiff a LOT. i wasn't sure at first, but now i'm like OH he just needs to push it back off his forehead and it's perfect. the reddish-brown with wisps of grey *blows kiss* it's giving cinnamon and icing
jmorton
butt chair

Things we learned in this video:

Phil = Power bottom

Dan = doesn't like to 'receive' doggy style

I don't know how to deal with this new information. Also ... Phil said "am I going to have to bleep half this video" so I guess Phil had a hand in editing this one ... everything that was left in was Phils choice 😳
klork99
first-time poster

They have gone insane and we have no idea what more we're gonna learn and go through 'till end of gamingmas lmao there's so much videos ahead we'll be totally different people by the end of it. Jk may be the shortest one but i loved it sm
Last edited by klork99 on Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gnostic
stress mushroom

it's one card ladettios, if Phil was actually embarrassed he could have edited it out. idk maybe i'm wildly misreading all of this but again this is not that far off gay sex jokes i regularly hear

ETA: might be another TMI but as an example I am saved in contacts as, and called, various versions of "Daddy" (do i need to censor this for this forum?) by like 8 different people, and only for 3 of them I would actually qualify. Also, I am an afab person with a very corporate white collar job, and many of the people joking are of the same general circle. Like do i just live in some sort of a different bubble?

Not this forum, but reactions on twitter remind me of when baby gays on twitter discovered leather gay culture and were writing wild takes about oppressive heterosexuality inherent to it
Just here for the marketing skills
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Damn, like 90% of phanfic now has another hole in it. A plot hole.

I'm happy he's happy with his messy fringe or whatever, but god the quiff is just so superior.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
gnostic
stress mushroom

Catallena wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:26 pm Damn, like 90% of phanfic now has another hole in it. A plot hole.

I'm happy he's happy with his messy fringe or whatever, but god the quiff is just so superior.
I hope phanfictioners do not despair. After a few tequila shots power bottom and service tops become surprisingly flexible
Just here for the marketing skills
BlueSnoko
sofa crease

gnostic wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:23 pm it's one card ladettios, if Phil was actually embarrassed he could have edited it out. idk maybe i'm wildly misreading all of this but again this is not that far off gay sex jokes i regularly hear

ETA: might be another TMI but as an example I am saved in contacts as, and called, various versions of "Daddy" (do i need to censor this for this forum?) by like 8 different people, and only for 3 of them I would actually qualify. Also, I am an afab person with a very corporate white collar job, and many of the people joking are of the same general circle. Like do i just live in some sort of a different bubble?

Not this forum, but reactions on twitter remind me of when baby gays on twitter discovered leather gay culture and were writing wild takes about oppressive heterosexuality inherent to it
Dang you got me thinking.

Not familiar with the corporate world but I could say I live in a bubble too. I'm a non-binary bi/pan person with friends from every letter (except i) who literally grew up in the gay neighborhood of a big city (and part of an openly gay community) I have heard every joke under the sun and am pretty comfortable with sexuality - a normal day with my best friend is going to a leather store to shop for a new whip and testing it out on each other. Polyamory, casual sex & bdsm are normal in my world. I've dated ever gender and sexuality under the sun (ignoring for a moment these things have infinite variation, just counting the well known ones). I'm no baby gay

Yet I was still embarrassed for a moment. Now I'm questioning why. Maybe because when I entered the fandom there seemed to be such a taboo around talking about their relationship? Maybe because they outright said they weren't going to discuss their private lives and this felt like that?

Different people have different levels of comfort talking about sex. With one friend we may discuss our sex lives in explicit detail. Another I might hold back a lot more because they get uncomfortable. I'm able to gage person to person based on interactions. But D&P aren't my friends. They're just strangers who create media I really enjoy and who I have a bit of a parasocial connection with. I feel like I have to be careful of how I mentally engage with them because it's way too easy to overstep in a parasocial relationship. I feel like in their personal lives, D&P are totally comfortable with being absolutely dirty. Yet because of the abuse they faced at the hands of overzealous fans they have historically had a different level of comfort in their public personas. I think they are currently feeling out a new dynamic, and exploring how open they can be while still feeling safe. And I don't know them but (parasocial relationship) I still want them to feel safe and comfortable. So I guess I'm feeling out what is safe also. And maybe feeling a little hesitant. I'm new to the phandom, and entered it right after BIG dropped, so my introduction to the phandom was a lot of guilty discussion of toxic things that had happened in the past.

Also, on a less serious note. Embarrassment can be half the fun. My friend gets super embarrassed when people flirt with her while she's being a cat girl on livestreams, but she likes it. A part of me also enjoyed being embarrassed.

Right. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
M :prideheart2: