Dan and Phil Part 104: DAPG IS BACK FROM THE DEAD

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
tinaoe
crusty sponge

phancon wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:16 am I'm guessing they won't, judging by their feelings at the end of that video, but omg, please let them finish that game. That was the most I've laughed during gamingmas so far probably.
same!!! that looked like the most annoying game to play but insanely fun game to watch lmao
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

I spy a Fuji in Phil's Instagram story!

Looks like the boys went to game night at PJ and Sophie's?
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

LAshleigh wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:40 pm I spy a Fuji in Phil's Instagram story!

Looks like the boys went to game night at PJ and Sophie's?
Yes, they were there last week for PJs birthday. PJ talked about it during his stream on Thursday.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Clip from PJ's stream:
Stories:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
gnostic
stress mushroom

thanks for the clips!!

Going back to the merch convo, I now received my legalise catboys sweatshirt and while still not on par with miscellaneous Phil merch I have, it's miles beyond DAPG back from the dead t shirt and actually is soft and cozy. anyone here get any merch recently and can share their own takes?
Just here for the marketing skills
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Thank you both for the PJ context, love it! I wonder if them singing that song is because of Dan doing it while on tour or if they always sing that one together and Dan just had to do it alone that one time :tinfoil:

Gamingmas video today was a wild, slightly disturbing time! It felt really short but I will not be complaining about lack of content during the beautiful unexpected season of Gamingmas 2023.
amazing
crusty sponge

always love to hear phil talk about linguistics. new lore: he intended to use his degree to become a forensic phonetician, at some point.

EDITED FOR CORRECTION: it is not new lore, he mentioned forensic phonetics in a liveshow here:
quiff quonnoisseur
misakichan274
delia smith
Pronouns: she/they

back from the dead to just say how refreshing it is to see dnp like this. Although the barrage of content over the last couple of months feels very sudden, it somehow feels like a very gradual and conscious transition to their joint content. I especially love how slightly unhinged phil seems to be in on his own channel too with his sense of humour.. I only hope this month long commitment to gamingmas doesn't become too much for them and this continues into next year as well
amazing
crusty sponge

early today!

quiff quonnoisseur
smoosh
tol bean

peej is wearing pewdiepie merch in the new vid…how we feeling?

also, that card game actually looks fun
gnostic
stress mushroom

smoosh wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:14 pm peej is wearing pewdiepie merch in the new vid…how we feeling?

also, that card game actually looks fun
They're very good friends, I suppose publicly wearing merch would be a step beyond that? Although maybe in his mind clothing brand is different from merch.

In unrelated news, I wanted to tell someone for many years. I think PJ is one of the most beautiful men on earth. I am not saying I'm particularly attracted to him, just that whenever I look at him I'm like "this is Michelangelo's wet dream in well selected glasses". I am pretty sure no one else thinks that lol
parallel
phabergé

Dan and Phil aren't supposed to know the word phivorce........

Also: I still can't believe Dan confirmed that Phil is a powerbottom before they even explicitly label their relationship to the public. Like good for you I guess if that's the information about your relationship you're wanting to confirm lmao
vincentian
hobbit hair

parallel wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:13 am Dan and Phil aren't supposed to know the word phivorce........
Pretty sure they coined/claimed it long ago ;)
The video with PJ... Idk why they stressed and blushed so much over a silly game like this one, isn't rambling on random subjects literally their job :lol:
I can tell they are still very good friends with PJ and Sophie, but videos with him often turn out a bit underwhelming, like there seemed to be more potential? But maybe they choose to spend quality time over investing too much of it in planning and filming videos.
Phil is the superior liar confirmed.
EmilyRambles
smol bean

parallel wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:13 am
Also: I still can't believe Dan confirmed that Phil is a powerbottom before they even explicitly label their relationship to the public. Like good for you I guess if that's the information about your relationship you're wanting to confirm lmao
I'm so sorry if I didn't quote this correctly I'm very new to this but I have opinions on this because I've seen a lot of people on here and on twitter and in the comments talking about this. I hate to be that one person but I really did see that part to be a joke and not dan explicitly saying "phil is a bottom" which I don't believe they ever would actually announce (I hope not atleast bc I don't want to know what they get up to..) I'm not attacking people for "overreacting" because I am some what of the queen of overreacting I just don't really see why this was such a talked about thing when I think it was just meant to be silly. Idk if this made any sense but it's been on my mind recently.
jmorton
butt chair

parallel wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:13 am Dan and Phil aren't supposed to know the word phivorce........

I sort of feel like it's a joke from Dan but ... coming back to something I said earlier, at least giving Phil agency here, if Phil didn't want that joke out there he would have made sure it wasn't included when they talk to the editor.

One thing I do think is noteworthy is how much Dan talks about Phils ass. Like ... in every video it seems like. I don't think that means ANYTHING tbh but it is funny how much Dan mentions it. Lol
tinnie
delia smith

Has anyone in mainland Europe had trouble with getting stuff delivered from the D&P shop? I bought stuff from them in the past, a shirt and the previous calendars and it was no issue. Now I ordered the new calendar when they released it and it was taking forever to get here, just for me to check with the tracking number and find out my package is being returned "due to missing information". I didn't even get an email about it or anything. I already messaged the customer support and I hope they can solve it soon but I'm livid because I was contemplating whether to even get the calendar due to the outrageous shipping cost.
I'm extra mad because this is already the second case of something like this happening to me in the past month (a different eshop from my own country didn't inform me that they couldn't get the package to me and were returning it)
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

You guys, I get why these jokes are fodder for speculation, they always have been with D&P, but I think we need to give them the freedom to make jokes like this without making it a big deal every single time and taking it at face value. This isn't directed at anyone here because we're usually pretty chill but I don't even want to think about how many people messaged them about this joke directly on social media, it exhausts me. I just feel like...they've come back finally and we know how hard coming out and all that stuff was for Dan especially, just let's let him joke and breathe a bit, haha. I obviously don't mean don't talk about it, just let's not take everything at face value or as something deeply personal he decided to share because that's kind of what lead this fandom into chaos a few times before already.
hoiallemaal
smol bean

tinnie wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:23 pm Has anyone in mainland Europe had trouble with getting stuff delivered from the D&P shop? I bought stuff from them in the past, a shirt and the previous calendars and it was no issue. Now I ordered the new calendar when they released it and it was taking forever to get here, just for me to check with the tracking number and find out my package is being returned "due to missing information". I didn't even get an email about it or anything. I already messaged the customer support and I hope they can solve it soon but I'm livid because I was contemplating whether to even get the calendar due to the outrageous shipping cost.
I'm extra mad because this is already the second case of something like this happening to me in the past month (a different eshop from my own country didn't inform me that they couldn't get the package to me and were returning it)
Since Brexit shipping from the UK has been a nightmare. Merch from other youtubers has also been super slow. It is actually the reason I have not ordered any new merch from D&P.
gnostic
stress mushroom

this is a completely legendary video. I just about cried laughing at most of the party. also, Dan with the topical sauna joke
jmorton
butt chair

gnostic wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:44 pm

this is a completely legendary video. I just about cried laughing at most of the party. also, Dan with the topical sauna joke
Agreed. Also, Phil looking dead serious at Dan and saying "Do you want to fight?" is an iconic moment. What a video.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I have to say, I'm really disappointed in Dan and Phil. I don't want to accuse them of ever promising something they didn't delivery on, but I think it's really unavoidable in this case. I still support them, because I've hung around too long through this hiatus not to, but I really feel like showing Fuji in an instagram story and the entire video not being them playing with the cat was just blatant misrepresentation and they owe us an explanation or an apology. Or just a 20 minute video of Fuji. (That last one, please.)
amazing
crusty sponge

i wonder if they'll host christmas again this year, or if they're too busy.
quiff quonnoisseur
tinnie
delia smith

hoiallemaal wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:46 pm Since Brexit shipping from the UK has been a nightmare. Merch from other youtubers has also been super slow. It is actually the reason I have not ordered any new merch from D&P.
I'd be okay with it taking a while, after all I don't necessarily need it by Christmas even though it's a gift to myself, but the fact that the website says my package is being returned due to missing information (what more info do they want?) and I wasn't informed of it or anything is super annoying. Idk what the store people can do about it if it's the delivery company fucking up but I hope they can fix it. I was debating whether to get the calendar or not (including shipping it's way more expensive than their previous calendars) and now I lowkey regret trying to get it.
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

tinnie wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:42 am
hoiallemaal wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:46 pm Since Brexit shipping from the UK has been a nightmare. Merch from other youtubers has also been super slow. It is actually the reason I have not ordered any new merch from D&P.
I'd be okay with it taking a while, after all I don't necessarily need it by Christmas even though it's a gift to myself, but the fact that the website says my package is being returned due to missing information (what more info do they want?) and I wasn't informed of it or anything is super annoying. Idk what the store people can do about it if it's the delivery company fucking up but I hope they can fix it. I was debating whether to get the calendar or not (including shipping it's way more expensive than their previous calendars) and now I lowkey regret trying to get it.
I ordered mine from the US shop on 11/16. Got an acknowledgement of my order, which is great, I normally haven't received anything like that from them. But then NOTHING. No shipping notice or anything. Were they shipping them out right when they started promoting it? Over 30 days seems like a long time especially since the US warehouse is in my home state.
tinnie
delia smith

sarmstr2 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:47 pm
I ordered mine from the US shop on 11/16. Got an acknowledgement of my order, which is great, I normally haven't received anything like that from them. But then NOTHING. No shipping notice or anything. Were they shipping them out right when they started promoting it? Over 30 days seems like a long time especially since the US warehouse is in my home state.
I believe it said it would take 2-3 weeks to start shipping. I ordered it on November 17th and got an email saying it was shipped on December 6th, including a tracking number. I periodically checked on the tracking number to see how it was progressing. It said it was delayed and now it says it's being returned.
I've checked twitter to see multiple people confused about where their orders are but idk at what step of the shipping process they're stuck.