Dan and Phil Part 104: DAPG IS BACK FROM THE DEAD

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
jmorton
butt chair

Five years was too long of a gap and they are going to have to do some serious rebuilding of their channel viewership and infrastructure in DAPS and DAPG. Dormant for so long... It might take a good year for the kinks to get worked out. Honestly, the time to restart DAPG was probably 2020 in the pandemic but that is just hindsight. It's going to be messy at first but hopefully as time goes on they will get better.

It sounds weird to say but after you take that much time out people sorta forget about you. Even the most ardent fans mentally move on. They're going to need to commit for another long haul to build that back up and to get that DAPS infrastructure back up to snuff.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
phancon
delia smith

Dan and Phil on PJ's channel!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I respect PJ for making them play a game where they have to shut the hell up.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
amazing
crusty sponge

pj putting up a 'please stand by' card every time D&P start bickering/dan starts screaming made me giggle. also phil's 'i just wanted to say hi :)' i love their friendship
quiff quonnoisseur
parallel
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

vincentian wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:28 am
parallel wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:13 am Dan and Phil aren't supposed to know the word phivorce........
Pretty sure they coined/claimed it long ago ;)
Phivorce is wayyyy older than 2023, and existed pre-coming out. But good to know this isn't the first time they've said phivorce lol
amazing
crusty sponge

quiff quonnoisseur
greenergrass
stress mushroom

phancon wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:15 pm

Dan and Phil on PJ's channel!
I LOVED that video. It's always nice to see them interact with people that aren't each other every now and then and it was such a fun video. PJ's editing (or whoever edits his vids? I don't keep up to know how his channel is run) was spot on, and watching them play that game made me want to buy it to play with friends/family
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

i was backreading a bit and the conversation about monogamy vs nonmonogamy/sexually open relationship came up. and while yes, it is somewhat common? or more prevalent than people my parents age would realize. for this relationship dynamic to exist. do you guys really think it could apply to dan and phil? and when i say that i don't mean that they couldn't have feelings of wanting to be in an open relationship or have experiences with other people. i mean do you really think dan is out there hooking up with strange (ie unfamiliar) men? like of course dan jokes about grindr and has said he's been on grindr but do you genuinely believe that dan howell has a grindr account which he uses? and do you really think that if he did, that there wouldn't be SOMEONE on there who had recognized him by now? thats why i find it unrealistic. specifically due to their status as public figures and the unhinged nature of the fanbase in conjunction with their branding as people who never leave the house. do i think they actually never leave the house? of course not. but i do beleive that they prefer the familiar company of each other in the comfort of their own home and i find it hard to beleive that dan would be comfortable meeting up with strangers considering he is fairly well known. im truly curious to know what you all think about this, especially those who think that dan isn't just joking and embracing the fact that he can be outwardly gay now, and is actually hooking up with and seeing other people....

imo, in order for either of them to have hookups with other people, they would need to be able to establish first that these other guys have No Idea who they are before the idea of going back to someones place and hooking up ever came about. so yea, im curious. for those of you that think this is the reality, how do you think that works? how do they go about it? because this is purely the reason that i personally find it really un realistic.

and i'm firmly in the camp of them being in a committed relationship. because choosing to build a literal house with your ex seems truly absurd to me. and i don't think it's a sham to keep the fans from freaking out either. so im curious as to the perspective of someone who thinks theyre nonmonogamous. what are the logistics of that, in your opinion?
DeadlyNova
living flop

sarmstr2 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:47 pm
I ordered mine from the US shop on 11/16. Got an acknowledgement of my order, which is great, I normally haven't received anything like that from them. But then NOTHING. No shipping notice or anything. Were they shipping them out right when they started promoting it? Over 30 days seems like a long time especially since the US warehouse is in my home state.
I got order acknowledgements for mine and still have no shipping notice, but I assume it's shipped because I also never got a shipping notice for my "back from the dead" shirt and it just randomly showed up at my house one day despite still being listed as 'unfulfilled' on the website. I'm hoping my catboy shirt and cat calendar will be here soon, I'm both impatient and also want the calendar to be able to be up by the first.

Also, hi. Didn't expect my first post here in years to be this. I've been back lurking here mostly for months and never actually went away but the gaming channel revival has brought D&P back to the forefront of my thoughts instead of them being more in the background other than when they post something like they have been the last couple of years.

Glad to see this place is still kicking. ❤️
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

On Sunday, Lilsimsie was commenting about her merch situation on Twitch. Someone in the chat asked her about her merch and you could tell she got irritated. She said her shop is not supposed to be still active and that she was looking for a new merch provider which is harder than it seems. She read a few comments from the chat about how the quality was poor with IRL merch.

Is Martin still running IRL?
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

Apparently the full version of the PJ video is available through his Patreon - has anyone seen it, and if so, would I be ridiculous for paying just to see it?
gnostic
stress mushroom

sugar wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:28 am i was backreading a bit and the conversation about monogamy vs nonmonogamy/sexually open relationship came up. and while yes, it is somewhat common? or more prevalent than people my parents age would realize. for this relationship dynamic to exist. do you guys really think it could apply to dan and phil? and when i say that i don't mean that they couldn't have feelings of wanting to be in an open relationship or have experiences with other people. i mean do you really think dan is out there hooking up with strange (ie unfamiliar) men? like of course dan jokes about grindr and has said he's been on grindr but do you genuinely believe that dan howell has a grindr account which he uses? and do you really think that if he did, that there wouldn't be SOMEONE on there who had recognized him by now? thats why i find it unrealistic. specifically due to their status as public figures and the unhinged nature of the fanbase in conjunction with their branding as people who never leave the house. do i think they actually never leave the house? of course not. but i do beleive that they prefer the familiar company of each other in the comfort of their own home and i find it hard to beleive that dan would be comfortable meeting up with strangers considering he is fairly well known. im truly curious to know what you all think about this, especially those who think that dan isn't just joking and embracing the fact that he can be outwardly gay now, and is actually hooking up with and seeing other people....

imo, in order for either of them to have hookups with other people, they would need to be able to establish first that these other guys have No Idea who they are before the idea of going back to someones place and hooking up ever came about. so yea, im curious. for those of you that think this is the reality, how do you think that works? how do they go about it? because this is purely the reason that i personally find it really un realistic.

and i'm firmly in the camp of them being in a committed relationship. because choosing to build a literal house with your ex seems truly absurd to me. and i don't think it's a sham to keep the fans from freaking out either. so im curious as to the perspective of someone who thinks theyre nonmonogamous. what are the logistics of that, in your opinion?
Gay hollywood A-listers have been closeted successfully for decades while having sex and full blown relationships.

I have routinely railed a relatively famous English politician whose profile on certain online apps was very clear about their preferences (no face on profile). One of my best friends often has grindr or leather line hook ups that happen with very, very little attention to the face (or sometimes even possibility to see the face). But i don't even think anecdotes need to matter when people have been doing this thing for generations, including people way more famous than Dan and Phil. There's a certain level of mutual trust that exists in queer and kinky spaces... or people get face down other body parts up door unlocked and no one does much looking (I am not being too obscene I hope; this is an existing form of gay hook ups).

I am not saying D&P are or are not non-monogamous (although my perspective changed recently but i let my biases colour my D&P takes before so who knows), but let's not pretend this is impossible or out of the ordinary. D&P are not THAT famous, especially in recent years. And demographics of D&P's most loyal fanbase (many much younger than them, many afab) does not intersect that much with the scene they'd be welcomed to.
Just here for the marketing skills
jmorton
butt chair

This whole game, while fun, made me really uncomfortable with the innuendos and I hate that they played it. "Reverse Cowgirl" is now burned into my brain. Enjoy?

greenergrass
stress mushroom

LAshleigh wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:36 pm Apparently the full version of the PJ video is available through his Patreon - has anyone seen it, and if so, would I be ridiculous for paying just to see it?
I came here to ask the same thing. I saw some gifs on tumblr that I didn't recognize from the video, checked PJ's channel to see if an extended edition was released, then realized it was probably a patreon thing.

Has anyone see it? or does anyone have a sneaky link they can drop in a private message?
Birdie
blobfish

Listen, I understand that everyone has a different tolerance level for innuendo and sexual humour and that's fine and valid but why are so many people suddenly uncomfortable with their tame sexual jokes? I've been noticing this since the gaming channel came back. It was all "yes boys, live your truths" after they came out and now so many people seem to be uncomfortable with them expressing their queerness and sexuality in their jokes. I've honestly read "worse" in young adult novels. They have said worse in the past when they were pretending to be straight. Well, Dan has at least.

I'm not even that into this kind of humour myself, being ace and all, but it's just really not that sexual/kinky/whatever, it's just not. Not saying it's not okay to not like this kind of humour anyways, of course it's okay, I don't want to shame anyone here. It just feels so weird to me how now that regular joint content is back and they're out, suddenly so many people across fandom spaces seem to not be as cool with them expressing their sexuality as they were when the "gay content" only existed in theory. Just something I noticed, I guess.
amazing
crusty sponge

i'm watching pj's stream - they're still planning to do the iceland trip!
quiff quonnoisseur
jmorton
butt chair

Birdie wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:25 pm Listen, I understand that everyone has a different tolerance level for innuendo and sexual humour and that's fine and valid but why are so many people suddenly uncomfortable with their tame sexual jokes? I've been noticing this since the gaming channel came back. It was all "yes boys, live your truths" after they came out and now so many people seem to be uncomfortable with them expressing their queerness and sexuality in their jokes. I've honestly read "worse" in young adult novels. They have said worse in the past when they were pretending to be straight. Well, Dan has at least.

I'm not even that into this kind of humour myself, being ace and all, but it's just really not that sexual/kinky/whatever, it's just not. Not saying it's not okay to not like this kind of humour anyways, of course it's okay, I don't want to shame anyone here. It just feels so weird to me how now that regular joint content is back and they're out, suddenly so many people across fandom spaces seem to not be as cool with them expressing their sexuality as they were when the "gay content" only existed in theory. Just something I noticed, I guess.
I was actually joking in my post. Probably should have made that clear. My bad. I was just surprised at how increasingly explicit about it they are being. I'm a gay male myself so none of this bothers me ... it's just surprising.
Birdie
blobfish

jmorton wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:11 pm I was actually joking in my post. Probably should have made that clear. My bad. I was just surprised at how increasingly explicit about it they are being. I'm a gay male myself so none of this bothers me ... it's just surprising.
Okay! I guess with people saying and meaning this stuff kind of a lot lately, that wasn't clear. But I did mean it in more of a general way which is why I chose not to reply to your post directly. Because, like I said, I do think not liking the humour has to be okay but like ... why are so many people so weird about it?
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

amazing wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:58 pm i'm watching pj's stream - they're still planning to do the iceland trip!
Aww, I am so glad to hear that!!
gnostic
stress mushroom

1. This is a LOT of talking around the future content plans, did they ALREADY fund whatever it is they needed to fund? we gotta watch less dudes

2. disappointed the lore was only for the last 3 months, think they were too
Just here for the marketing skills
jmorton
butt chair

gnostic wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:01 pm

1. This is a LOT of talking around the future content plans, did they ALREADY fund whatever it is they needed to fund? we gotta watch less dudes

2. disappointed the lore was only for the last 3 months, think they were too
It was interesting. Mid-way through I noticed Phil doing the reassuring "we will just go with the flow" thing and I wonder if that was directed more at Dan than the audience. Trying to keep Dan from burning out again maybe?
sugar
eclipse shirt

based on the title of the video i was actually so disappointed. none of that is even what i would consider lore! dnp have stockpiles of actual lore that would have made that video so much more interesting and fun. i actually would have preferred regular charades over this. of course theyre enjoyable to watch but idk this video seems like such a missed opportunity.
princesstalsy
dank meme

I'm glad I'm not alone in being a lillll disappointed in the latest video!! No lore in sight, just recent references? Def had potential to be more entertaining. The little elf they mentioned missed the mark with those prompts.
smoosh
tol bean

i’m so sorry for always being off topic but does anyone know where phil said he went back into the closet/waited to come out so that dan could have enough time to figure himself out?