Dan and Phil Part 104: DAPG IS BACK FROM THE DEAD

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
momentojabali
dank meme

Yeah that wasn't the kind of lore I expected :cry:
I'm gonna go off topic too and ask something I've been thinking about. What do we think the filming process for gamingmas was/is like? At the beginning I thought ok they must have prerecorded like 50% (?) before gamingmas and then recorded more as it went on but then why do they always upload at different times? Was it even always at the same time the first week? And what's that about filming at 4 am what are they doing during the day or is it procrastination? I'm always so curious about everything that goes on behind the scenes so yeah. Like that mysterious elf that made those charade prompts who was that
Scout
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

smoosh wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:49 am i’m so sorry for always being off topic but does anyone know where phil said he went back into the closet/waited to come out so that dan could have enough time to figure himself out?
Are you thinking of his coming out video?
:lesbianflag:
jmorton
butt chair

momentojabali wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:54 pm Yeah that wasn't the kind of lore I expected :cry:
I'm gonna go off topic too and ask something I've been thinking about. What do we think the filming process for gamingmas was/is like? At the beginning I thought ok they must have prerecorded like 50% (?) before gamingmas and then recorded more as it went on but then why do they always upload at different times? Was it even always at the same time the first week? And what's that about filming at 4 am what are they doing during the day or is it procrastination? I'm always so curious about everything that goes on behind the scenes so yeah. Like that mysterious elf that made those charade prompts who was that
I think they filmed a least few videos the same day based on Phils quiff in a couple videos. Pretty easy to do with these shorter one-off games they do. Since they are using an editor now I think the timing is just based on when the editor finishes the video so they can upload.

I keep coming back to Phil sort of reassuringly saying to Dan that they will vibe out the gaming channel midway through the last one. That was an interesting comment to make.
amazing
crusty sponge

quiff quonnoisseur
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I'm only 5 minutes into the video but I just add to pause it to come here and say lmao at dan saying he was 26 in 2015. That's some great mathing right there :lol:
kittenwhiskers
first-time poster

Long time listener, first time poster! <3

What does everyone think about Dan mentioning not coming out because of Interactive Introverts? Has that been mentioned before?
fondsmiles
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

Hello after ages from me too.

I just watched the new pinof react and loved it so much! I so often rewinded a bit. The gamingmas revival is SO great to me.

I found myself wondering at the many Dan comments there have been now about fan analyses. This time the floor discussion... was that big on twitter too? Dan seems SO informed, i keep wondering if he really did read on here. Still seems like something he might do to me.
[x]
[x]
Levitating
#relatable

... guys, Phil literally says that they can see where their videos are linked from (hence how he discovered the sneezing thing)

Meaning that they've seen IDB :? :stan:

HI DAN AND PHIL :tu:
hoiallemaal
smol bean

In the video they asked what other things they need to react to, so what do you guys think?

I would personally love it if Dan would react to some old school Phil videos and talks about him being a fan.
jmorton
butt chair

New Phil Video

Some of the choices Dan made to feed Phil soup were questionable at best
Levitating
#relatable

hoiallemaal wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:20 pm In the video they asked what other things they need to react to, so what do you guys think?

I would personally love it if Dan would react to some old school Phil videos and talks about him being a fan.
Yes, that'd be fun!

In the last video, there is a shot of Dan eating the soup that looks so soft and endearing - them sharing food. It also reminds me of Hannibal feeding Will the soup, for those who've seen the NBC show :loveeyes:

I also love Phil's own nativity :rofl: with the lion pack and the pig
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

kittenwhiskers wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:40 am Long time listener, first time poster! <3

What does everyone think about Dan mentioning not coming out because of Interactive Introverts? Has that been mentioned before?
:welcome:

My brain is failing me about specific mentions, but we did know yeah. In 2018 during II Dan talked about a 'June video' which was heavily speculated to be a coming out video. But a June video never released, in fact the whole channel went dead, until a whole year later when he posted Basically I'm Gay. While I don't think Interactive Introverts was the only reason he didn't come out in June 2018 (he also had trouble telling his family) it has at least been implied that coming out in the middle of a world tour was not gonna happen.
Levitating wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:23 pm ... guys, Phil literally says that they can see where their videos are linked from (hence how he discovered the sneezing thing)

Meaning that they've seen IDB :? :stan:

HI DAN AND PHIL :tu:
We show up in a lot of DnP related searches, so while I was under no delusion that DnP didn't at least vaguely know about this place, being reminded of it always sends shivers down my spine. :scram:
jmorton wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:08 pm New Phil Video

They get food delivered like every day but Dan couldn't Ubereats a bunch of nice soups from surrounding restaurants?? I wouldn't like those canned monstrosities either.

hoiallemaal wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:20 pm In the video they asked what other things they need to react to, so what do you guys think?

I'd love to see:

- PINOF bloopers and AmazingDan because sometimes the bloopers were better than the videos and AD just has an unmatched energy.
- BONCAS. Because I'm obsessed with an award show that was held only once and had half of Brittube show up, just to turn out to be The Dan And Phil Show including a whole performance of The Internet Is Here.
- Baking videos!! They can watch time pass by in kinda the same way they did with PINOF and maybe they'll tell us whether they intended for the Monster Pop video to be such a pivotal moment in phandom history.
- Radio stuff like there's so much content from that era and they were so overworked I bet they've forgotten half the shit they did in those years.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
gnostic
stress mushroom

I suppose soup lovers (nay, cultists) cannot comprehend soup haters and vice versa.

As a hater of most soups on earth I'd have simply ordered Phil some highly reviewed pho. And then there'd be no video because I'd eat the pho.
Just here for the marketing skills
jmorton
butt chair

kittenwhiskers wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:40 am Long time listener, first time poster! <3

Yeah ... that was an interesting quote and puzzling too.

I would additionally like to figure out why Dan is so obsessed with Phils ass. How many mentions of Phils butt have there been since the gaming channel was revived? By Dan specifically. It has to be 6 or 7 at least by now.
Possum
squish

smoosh wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:49 am i’m so sorry for always being off topic but does anyone know where phil said he went back into the closet/waited to come out so that dan could have enough time to figure himself out?
I don't have a timestamp for this, but I believe they talk about this in one of the Dystopia Daily videos ("Dan and Phil Finally Tell the Truth")!

Soup video: Most entertaining part for me was the story of Phil in uni pouring out a bowl of soup into the garden. But noooo, canned soups aren't nearly as good as homemade or restaurant soups :( (especially the... unusual choices Dan made... "cock soup"...) Although as a fellow mushroom hater, Phil was 100% me when there's a mushroom in my presence lol.
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

even if dan stuck with the canned soup approach, i feel like there are so many better soups than what was chosen. where was the italian wedding soup? a real chicken noodle? chunky clam chowder? beef and barley? white bean? a chilli, even?

although i did live in london for 5 months, i can't really remember the soup options and if it really is all that abysmal. is heinz the only option or did dan have the choice of campbell's tomato soup? and anyone who has had both, would you say one is better than the other? campbell's is so classic so i have a hard time imagining that the heinz one compares but what do i know. get this man some progresso
amazing
crusty sponge

dan comment on phil's video:
and the new dapg video!

quiff quonnoisseur
gnostic
stress mushroom

Guys seemingly Phil and I nowadays both have closets that are 50% All Saints shirts, is this the twinning zoomers talk about
Just here for the marketing skills
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I enjoyed today's content so much on both levels. Apparently soup is a topic many of us are passionate about and I've enjoyed debating people on whether Phil was in the right or not, but he did himself dirty only giving Dan enough time to get the cheapest soups known to man.

And the fashion video... I really didn't expect to like it as much as I did?? It was enlightening seeing what outfits of his own Dan liked and which he didn't, and also just a pleasant surprise to hear him call Phil "lovely" and 92384 times in one video. I think he might have a crush or something.
princesstalsy
dank meme

Something so lovely about this latest era is Dan and Phil talking about their collective pasts in such a sincere and nice way. For so long they were much more guarded about talking about certain things, you know what I mean? So to hear them reflect and chat about PINOF and what was going on and giving the inside scoop, little comments here and there that they wouldn't ever say back in the day, how they earnestly felt throughout these red carpets idk it's just nice and healing.
jmorton
butt chair

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:06 am I enjoyed today's content so much on both levels. Apparently soup is a topic many of us are passionate about and I've enjoyed debating people on whether Phil was in the right or not, but he did himself dirty only giving Dan enough time to get the cheapest soups known to man.

And the fashion video... I really didn't expect to like it as much as I did?? It was enlightening seeing what outfits of his own Dan liked and which he didn't, and also just a pleasant surprise to hear him call Phil "lovely" and 92384 times in one video. I think he might have a crush or something.
The last 'lovely' instance was interesting because it look like Phil sorta was heading toward sorta putting himself down. I do notice that Dan really gets upset when Phil heads that direction. I love that about Dan but it also makes me a bit sad Phil does that on occasion.
Note
dank meme
Pronouns: he/him

Well, they've officially stopped pretending they don't find each other attractive. Admittedly, it was a very unconvincing pretense, but still. They've also been more flirty with each other lately, especially Dan. With all their recent mentions of their "soft launch" for coming out, I wonder if they're trying to strategize a soft launch for being able to acknowledge their relationship a bit more.
somelikeitpink
living flop

Note wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:16 am Well, they've officially stopped pretending they don't find each other attractive. Admittedly, it was a very unconvincing pretense, but still. They've also been more flirty with each other lately, especially Dan. With all their recent mentions of their "soft launch" for coming out, I wonder if they're trying to strategize a soft launch for being able to acknowledge their relationship a bit more.
This is actually something I noticed too - I feel like there was at least one mention of soft launching something in every video. Interesting idea though.

Also hi everyone. They’ve done it, I’ve found myself back here every day during gamingmas… and now I’ve found my login data again. I feel like I’m back in 2016, except with my own flat now and even more queer than I used to be.
parallel
phabergé

Dan only having an hour to prepare for this video makes a lot of sense. I don't think this video was fair at all; he should be trying an actual nice cooked soup not just stuff from the stores! Even the Sainsburys one still wouldn't have been as nice as soup from a restaurant. Although given that Phil's said he tried his friend's cooked soup at uni and didn't like it, maybe getting a properly cooked soup wouldn't have changed things.
amazing wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:44 pm and the new dapg video!

This was really nice. I like them complimenting each other's appearance lol, it's a small thing but it's sweet.
jiggly
phillion/danosaur <//3

I can’t believe they had me log in here after literal years of lurking but here we go I guess.

I also did not expect to get so hooked on their content again. When I got the notif for the gaming channel coming back a couple months ago I was like “oh, okay, that’s a thing” and didn’t even bother to keep watching new videos (fake phannie!!1). But in the middle of December I started catching up on gamingmas and oh my god it is SO good they are SO back. The mix of their chemistry and their humor, and them just in general being way more playful in such amounts is something I hadn’t even realised I missed so much.

Regarding the soft launch I’m actually not sure what’s left there, I thought they soft launched a long time ago after their respective coming outs with various little comments, and then buying their house thing sealed the deal. If anything, it seems like the only thing that’s left is explicitly stating it.

The only question I have is what is the motivation behind the comeback? Because I have a hard time believing they’re just going with the flow, but time will tell I guess.