Dan and Phil Part 104: DAPG IS BACK FROM THE DEAD

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
phancon
delia smith

so many technical difficulties, this is so chaotic. and yet they've raised over 50k! amazing!
ushankaSEmo
smol bean

currently imaging dan and phil in my mind
jmorton
butt chair

That was lovely. Shout out to everyone who donated! over 80k!
Possum
squish
Pronouns: she/her

That was so chaotic and I loved every second of it <3 Happy birthday, Phil! $80k+ donated, wow!!!
momentojabali
dank meme

Wow that just made me feel so unbelievably happy I feel like I entered a different dimension. I forgot about everything else going on in my life for 2 hours. Dan really made me have faith that they will start livestreaming more often I hope he's not giving us false hope.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm a bit overwhelmed by everything but that certainly did not disappoint :happytears:

The amount of money raised is unreal and I'm so proud. The phandom is so unhinged and powerful, so even if I wanna stab certain people in the eyes sometimes, I love being part of it. And what I love even more is that DnP are really just as unhinged as we are.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Maybeyes
smol bean

loved the stream!
Chaotic dnp is one of the best types of dnp for me, so it was just right for me🙌
Unfortunately the donate button is never there for me during fundraisers, guess it isn’t made for my country yet😔so I just had to find pcrf’s page to donate directly this morning. Cause what a great charity to choose!

Looking forward to the stream after Dan’s show streaming, and I hope they’ll stream more in the future 🤞
kavat
pastel persona

I feel like I have a hangover from that stream. That was pure unhinged dan and phil. Hingeless. No hinges found in the vicinity.

I'm also super excited for the last WAD shows, and I really didn't think we'd get a premier so fast! That will be a quick editing turn around. Throwback to the editing cave for II that made them go all loopy.
princesstalsy
dank meme

Almost 99K now, that's an insane number to think about. Really great on them for doing their research on charities and organizing this stream, very cool.

Who else is Team Slit?! I think it really suits Phil, shoutout to these two for successfully barber-ing each other time and again. I don't think I'd trust my friends or partner to come anywhere near my hair or brows with scissors/clippers LOL
LAshleigh
rainbow nerd

I keep re-visiting the stream page, waiting for 100k in donations...we are so close! Add in the phandom gives campaign and it's been a wildly charitable birthday for Phil.

I saw someone speculating on Twitter that there may have been conversations and negotiations with their agents/management/whatever about how far they were allowed to go, what they were allowed to say, etc in terms of being publicly pro-palestine. I did think that Dan was a bit more reserved in making political statements than usual, so I could see that being the case? Not really sure how it all works though.
Panda728
dank meme

They hit 100k! 🥳
DDiddy+
not a first-time poster

Can't believe we got to 100k!!

I really enjoyed that stream, it was beautifully chaotic, truly the essence of Dan and Phil. I really hope they try out the podcast Idea, I didn't even notice that it took them like 45 mins to set up the new camera hahaha

Also!! I can't wait for the WAD premiere, I really hope Dan will pull through with also getting the eyebrow slit. I'm really excited for that live stream, and for Phil as a moderator! We are so back!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Excited for this! Exactly one year + 3 days since I saw WAD in Amsterdam :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
momentojabali
dank meme

God I wish they did another world tour or something and somehow I could go this comeback has awakened my obsession too much. I'm in Spain so I doubt it but still soft launch that I don't care about swinging! I'd also love to meet some phannies in real life.

:please:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

It's no longer a joke, DnP have made their official Pop Crave debut.
(Dan retweeted)

They've actually received quite a bit of attention for this on Twitter, though mostly to drag other celebs for not doing anything. Don't love that, I find stan Twitter weaponizing a genocide for clout quite distasteful actually, but I'll assume they truly mean well. And if it shuts up the people who said that them doing a charity stream was 'the bare minimum' I'll be happy.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
tinnie
delia smith

Catallena wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:02 pm It's no longer a joke, DnP have made their official Pop Crave debut.
(Dan retweeted)

They've actually received quite a bit of attention for this on Twitter, though mostly to drag other celebs for not doing anything. Don't love that, I find stan Twitter weaponizing a genocide for clout quite distasteful actually, but I'll assume they truly mean well. And if it shuts up the people who said that them doing a charity stream was 'the bare minimum' I'll be happy.
I took a peek at stan twitter yesterday and regretted it. A lot of people made caring about Palestine their whole personality. Which wouldn't be a bad thing in itself, if they didn't show it by just attacking everyone for not doing enough. I saw tweets saying how D&P barely mention the charity in their stream (which is not true, because they mentioned it more times than that person claimed) and how the picture they used didn't say what the stream was for clearly enough. Basically nitpicking by someone who has no proof of doing anything but tweeting while Dan and Phil raised 100k by streaming for 2 hours.

I just don't understand who these people are. Actual D&P fans who have unrealistic expectations of them saving the world from every terrible thing? People who secretly don't like them and are just looking for things to criticize them for? Surely there are plenty celebs, who publicly did nothing, but let's attack someone who did something for seemingly not doing enough, right?
sapphicaudience
smol bean

I saw a bit of the stream, so proud we raised over $100k!! <3

Also I really loved seeing how everyone got into deppy and I wanted to add my story to the pile for science. My friend introduced me to them in 2018 (my first video was Dan's Bahamas travel disaster!) and it was all downhill from there lol. I was already vaguely aware that they existed (ie. i saw TABINOF at the book fair sometime in middle school) but i got sucked down the rabbit hole very quickly. It was a rough time for my family so I latched onto them in a way that was definitely unhealthy, but their uploads gave me something to look forward to when I didn't think there was much hope for me. I started a phanart Instagram and Tumblr and had a lot of fun on the art side of the phandom for a while. I went to Interactive Introverts with the same friend that introduced me to them, then kinda lost interest from the end of 2019 through the pandemic. In 2022 i sporadically watched Phil's uploads, then i was immediately hooked again when the gaming channel came back lol. :D I've been lurking on IDB for a few months and loooove this in depth discussion, way more nuanced than what you get on Instagram and Twitter!
phancon
delia smith

damn, a two hour poppy video!
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

I’m no into scary games, but I’m here for the long videos! I hope this one does well so they’ll do more.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
kavat
pastel persona

I'm watching the poppy playtime video (in increments because that is a loooong boi and i have the attention span of a goldfish these days), and I'm just confused about what is happening. They play games like this so easily, it's like they instinctively know what to do and where to go, meanwhile I would just wander around confused and then just die without knowing why. I'm not a gamer, basically none of my friends are gamers, so I'm just always impressed with how easy they pick up on what to do whenever they play a new game. They'll just see something blinking and go "obviously we need to find something that goes in there" and I'm like, how is that obvious?? They could cut out some of the figuring out, but this one felt like they kept most things in.

Anyway that thought reminded me of this video and how most games are not made for beginners at all, and why it can be so hard to learn to play games as an adult because you just don't know the language of gaming. That was my irrelevant thought of the day.
jmorton
butt chair

I think these long videos say far more about their dynamic and relationship than any of the shorter ones. How Phil was using nonsense words and Dan made fun of him and then said, "I knew what you meant". The fact that they actually work extremely well as a team at solving puzzles. None of the weirdly disingenuous exaggerations from Dan and very few off color puns from Phil.

I sorta feel like that video said a lot about them and why they work so well together.
Panda728
dank meme

kavat wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:02 pm I'm watching the poppy playtime video (in increments because that is a loooong boi and i have the attention span of a goldfish these days), and I'm just confused about what is happening. They play games like this so easily, it's like they instinctively know what to do and where to go, meanwhile I would just wander around confused and then just die without knowing why. I'm not a gamer, basically none of my friends are gamers, so I'm just always impressed with how easy they pick up on what to do whenever they play a new game. They'll just see something blinking and go "obviously we need to find something that goes in there" and I'm like, how is that obvious?? They could cut out some of the figuring out, but this one felt like they kept most things in.

Anyway that thought reminded me of this video and how most games are not made for beginners at all, and why it can be so hard to learn to play games as an adult because you just don't know the language of gaming. That was my irrelevant thought of the day.
I am a gamer and have been all my life, yet there were still moments where I was impressed by how quickly they picked up on certain things in this video. Like they'd walk into a room and go "oh we need to do this" so quickly when it would've taken me a good bit of wandering around first. I just figured maybe when actually playing the game it's easier to figure out what the puzzles are asking you to do than it is by just watching
Possum
squish

jmorton wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:17 pm I think these long videos say far more about their dynamic and relationship than any of the shorter ones. How Phil was using nonsense words and Dan made fun of him and then said, "I knew what you meant". The fact that they actually work extremely well as a team at solving puzzles. None of the weirdly disingenuous exaggerations from Dan and very few off color puns from Phil.

I sorta feel like that video said a lot about them and why they work so well together.
Yes, definitely agree. They have calmer energy in their longer playthroughs, like they're not actively trying to be funny YouTube personalities. Not that it's a bad thing; I really enjoy their shorter, high-energy videos. But you're right, this felt like it was a really good insight into their more natural dynamic. I feel like we wouldn't have gotten a video with an "unedited" feel during gaming channel 1.0 (like, I don't think they would have left in a bathroom break before lol). I love watching them get into the lore of a story and solve puzzles together (I especially think it's lovely how often they compliment each other for figuring things out).

re: them figuring things out so quickly, I agree, I was sometimes like how are they not getting lost because I have no idea where they are in relation to anything. As a gamer, I do think it's easier to figure out puzzles and not get lost when you're actively playing the game, but still, I would have died like 10x more than they did lol.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

kavat wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:02 pm I'm watching the poppy playtime video (in increments because that is a loooong boi and i have the attention span of a goldfish these days), and I'm just confused about what is happening. They play games like this so easily, it's like they instinctively know what to do and where to go, meanwhile I would just wander around confused and then just die without knowing why. I'm not a gamer, basically none of my friends are gamers, so I'm just always impressed with how easy they pick up on what to do whenever they play a new game. They'll just see something blinking and go "obviously we need to find something that goes in there" and I'm like, how is that obvious?? They could cut out some of the figuring out, but this one felt like they kept most things in.

Same here, seeing them just do things so easily like it's a natural instinct feels like watching an extremely elaborate and confusing magic trick. My parents didn't like video games (no pedagogical reasoning they just disliked the idea of spending money on such things) so I never grew up with them aside from a couple of CD-Roms like Rollercoaster Tycoon and Barbie Horse Riding Club. I had some friends that were gamers, but I would usually just enjoy watching them. Who knew that as an adult I would still do that, but now with my favorite parasocial internet boys rather than friends :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Levitating
#relatable

These opinions make me want to watch the video a bit, but generally my general taste sit at such an opposite position to videogames that I cannot bring myself to do it, specially because it's an 'horror' one. I definitely prefer Undertale/cute games so I'm sad I'm missing all these things you guys have noticed :rainbowtears: Hope someone edits out the cute/fun parts so I can watch that!