Dan and Phil Part 104: DAPG IS BACK FROM THE DEAD

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
tinnie
delia smith

I've always liked games since being a small child and my parents getting us a knock off Nintendo console that used those yellow cartridges and then later a PS1. Though I was too young and too bad at it to do much gaming myself, I loved watching my parents play. Later on I was able to get a PSP and relive those childhood games of Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the dragon myself. I also fondly remember the times of when all the PC gaming I did came from those demo CDs you could get with many games on them. Not sure I ever got to play any of those games in full but oh well. And then for many years my gaming was mostly playing the different versions of The Sims and then some mobile games.
Only since about 2021 I got back into gaming some more thanks to getting the Switch and then last year I got a more budget gaming computer that opened me up to even more gaming opportunities.
That being said I still feel like a noob in the gaming world because there is so much I haven't played and so much I'm not even interested in. I've been introduced to many games by the channel Stumpt because they're 4 people playing together and having fun. Definitely recommend to anyone who may be interested in finding someone else who plays mostly multiplayer games.

Horror is definitely not my style and I don't freak out over spooky week like many people do. Thankfully the Poppy game isn't that scary (for a viewer at least) but I'm also not super into it. I think these longer videos with this sort of gameplay work better when you are invested in the game. The shorter one offs are better for hilarious banter.

Anyway, a short list of games I'd like them to play:
  • Drink more glurp - would be a hilarious rage fest
  • Plate Up - I love watching Stumpt play this but I guess it's better the longer you play it and the more you understand certain mechanics because it's too easy to kill the run
  • Stardew Valley - if they ever wanted to get into a longer series, would love to watch how they approach this cozy game
  • Escape the backrooms - this has very creepy vibes and I think it could be hilarious
  • Pico park - now I'm just choosing games that would make Dan scream, sorry
  • The Stretchers - a very underrated game for two, I had a lot of fun with it
  • Tools Up - kinda chill home renovating game, would probably give them the opportunity for banter
I'd also love more of Fall Guys, there is something I love about watching this game. They could even do it on stream and both play at the same time against viewers. Someone please send them my suggestions, we'd all benefit from it, I promise :D
ArtyJim
glabella

Louise uploaded a video today (a chatty update video about lots of different things) and in it she shared she has a video idea she's going to do with Phil that he's game for. I'm excited for that.

She also said she'd love to do a video with Dan but he's terrible at responding (and also acknowledged he's very busy) but the best bit was her saying that if you want to get information to Dan you have to go through Phil lol.
phancon
delia smith

Dan strikes me as very picky about the collabs he chooses tbh. And whatever video they did would have to be on louise's channel, right, since dystopia daily seems done and Dan isn't one to upload to his own channel without some obligation or purpose.

Louise and Phil vid sounds interesting!
Note
dank meme
Pronouns: he/him

I think they seem to solve puzzles so quickly because they edit out all the time in between. When Dan fell off a cliff immediately after solving a puzzle, he commented how much of a relief it was to see their progress had been saved because otherwise it would have taken "17 years" to redo.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

🌶️🔥
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
amazing
crusty sponge

i remember tomska saying he was having difficulty getting ahold of dan, i think was for a collab as well? i tend to assume it's nothing serious if phil doesn't also seem to be avoiding the person.

re: dan mentioning considering getting a car the other day. everyone i know who drives in london says it's a nightmare and expensive to boot (between parking, congestion charge (though that's arguably a positive for pollution/traffic reasons), tickets, etc). not to mention, london is a an accessible by walking and transport, so there's not really any need.

but then again, i'm an urban planning nerd so i admittedly have an anti-car bias lol. i wonder if dnp watch any urbanist channels...

anyway, looking forward to the WAD premiere orange carpet, expecting presenter phil to go all out and top tier orange/black outfits!
quiff quonnoisseur
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

amazing wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:45 am re: dan mentioning considering getting a car the other day. everyone i know who drives in london says it's a nightmare and expensive to boot (between parking, congestion charge (though that's arguably a positive for pollution/traffic reasons), tickets, etc). not to mention, london is a an accessible by walking and transport, so there's not really any need.

but then again, i'm an urban planning nerd so i admittedly have an anti-car bias lol. i wonder if dnp watch any urbanist channels...
I agree (also have an anti-car bias since I was raised by parents who can't drive lol) like I genuinely don't get why he would want to own a car in a city that's walkable, has good public transport, and is already struggling with the amount of cars everywhere. Some people really need a car for work and stuff, but they both work mostly from home and get their food and other groceries delivered. He can just just rent/sign up for a car sharing service (I assume those exist in London) for the times where driving somewhere would actually be more convenient.

But if he does, would he now have to buy a Ferrari rather than a Mercedes?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
fioebae
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

The new photos they shared in this video are honestly so lovely they just look so content and happy
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

fioebae wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:41 pm The new photos they shared in this video are honestly so lovely they just look so content and happy
I especially love how Dan looks in the pic with the Shrek drink. Not sure if he’s a bit drunk or just relaxed. I wish Phil would have been in the pic of his drink.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
pararlama
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

I miss the days when I would come on here after a video and unlock new readings through peoples' analyses. So I will jump in and try to help liven up the thread with my ramblings lol. Hopefully, we can all encourage each other to come out of lurking ❤️

I rolled my eyes seeing the title of the video and remembering all the discourse and fanfics about their supposed honeymoon in Japan. Yet I watched them be genuinely connected to the scenery and compare their own experiences there to the Sims. And the photos! Basically screaming "we have done this, we've been there." I think they have perfected the fine art of baiting without baiting.

so i think it's only fair that he comes up here and shares this with me

howadorableright
sad dimple

you have encouraged me to come out of lurking lolll

i thought it was so sweet that they were talking about their japan memories, i loved that little peek into their vacation bc i do miss their travel vlogs and their japan haul will always be a comfort video of mine.

i wonder if they'll continue to just show little pieces of their lives through gaming videos or if they'll start posting more vlog style content as well. prob both tbh. but loved it sooo much i was living through them as they lived through dab and evan lol
back back back back again
amazing
crusty sponge

for posterity:
https://www.tumblr.com/ahappydnp/741694489530449920/babe-wake-up-new-japhan-20-photos-dropped
(the second one might be from 2023 actually)

i honestly didn't think we would get any joint photos from the 2019 japan trip aside from the final fantasy cafe one. what a lovely photo! they look so nice and bright eyed and content (even if the hike wasn't as fun as they anticipated, though to be fair it seems like they were one of the only people there who went up the whole way).

(i'll just take a moment to appreciate brunette quiff then and now <3)
literally_formless
butt chair

howadorableright wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:11 am you have encouraged me to come out of lurking lolll

i thought it was so sweet that they were talking about their japan memories, i loved that little peek into their vacation bc i do miss their travel vlogs and their japan haul will always be a comfort video of mine.

i wonder if they'll continue to just show little pieces of their lives through gaming videos or if they'll start posting more vlog style content as well. prob both tbh. but loved it sooo much i was living through them as they lived through dab and evan lol
When I first started watching them in 2021, the Sims series was the last content I watched because I'm not a gamer in the first place and that series seemed extra boring, but now I love it because that game makes them the most nostalgic about their lives, both together and before. I really hope they'll take us back to Dalien's high school world after the Devan honeymoon is over. Maybe we'll get more high school memories - from Phil more likely than from Dan, ofc.
Possum
squish

The honeymoon video was a lot of fun! I loved them talking about their own Japan trips. I'm excited for part two.

I'm glad that they're focusing more on Dab+Evan and Dalien in "season 2" because I feel like they have a lot more fun with the characters and enjoy drawing parallels to their own lives. Like... just watch the Dab+Evan wedding/honeymoon videos and how invested D&P were in comparison to Dil+Tabitha's... I do wonder if they're going to spend much time focusing on Dil anymore. I wouldn't be sad if he became a side character lol. I liked following Dil's adventures as they were happening but I just find the Dab and Dalien videos more compelling and rewatchable.

Random, but did anyone notice some weird audio going on in this video? Sometimes their sound quality would be completely different for a short interval before going back to normal. I wonder if there were issues with editing.
Panda728
dank meme

Possum wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:45 pm Random, but did anyone notice some weird audio going on in this video? Sometimes their sound quality would be completely different for a short interval before going back to normal. I wonder if there were issues with editing.
Their editor said that the mic cut out a couple of times so for those sections they switched to the audio from the camera microphone
amazing
crusty sponge

PHIL VIDEO!!!

he looks so good, we are eating well. i find the confessions videos so funny lmao, he loves a bit of gossip! i also like how he takes (most of) them seriously and tries to give advice.
princesstalsy
dank meme

Cannot get over how good Phil looks with this look!! The hair cut, the colour, the way his quiff is styled, the brow slit?! This is my favourite Phil Look yet.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

So Phil's ass killed the golden pig? No wonder Dan loves it so much.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Panda728
dank meme

I wonder if the golden pig incident is the reason we've gotten so many jokes about Phil's ass lately. Maybe that was the beginning of it all lol
PolarFox
truth bomb

Phil confessions? Oh my. Some of those were genuinely quite spicy. And Phil dropping crumbs about his Baldur's gate playthrough? Please Phil I need more details :pls:

Though of course he is a Gale romancer, a yappy wizard full of hubris and eternal soul crushing devotion sounds right up his alley. For the tinfoil hatters, that is also the character who is probably the *least* open to polyamory sooo. Interesting, though it may not matter at all.

Hope everyone seeing Dan's show this weekend has fun! Ironically my vacation to the UK for once begins with a Tuesday and not a Saturday so I couldn't go :cry: would have been nice to see the show, I missed the actual tour with my trip planning as well.
Or, you know, they could tour and go to Prague but I imagine if they would, they would do it while I would be in another country. :rainbowtears:
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
pararlama
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

Does anyone know any of their new editors? Are they fellow youtubers? Hardcore professionals? Ex/current fans? I would assume they would look for people invested in their content over the years to somewhat maintain the dnp style.
[ETA why can't I hide my signature? :(]

so i think it's only fair that he comes up here and shares this with me

tinnie
delia smith

PolarFox wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:00 pm Or, you know, they could tour and go to Prague but I imagine if they would, they would do it while I would be in another country. :rainbowtears:
I second this request! Went to Prague for the first time last year to see Fall Out Boy and I'd definitely like to have a reason to come back, such as this.
fioebae
drama llama

So cute seeing everyone’s photos from the show and with Dan last night! And auctioning off the cubes for charity after tonight is a very nice plan.
No Phil spotted yesterday so I presume he will be there today- I wonder if any other YT pals will come or if they won’t bother due to short notice & potentially already seeing the show last summer
princesstalsy
dank meme

pararlama wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:11 pm Does anyone know any of their new editors? Are they fellow youtubers? Hardcore professionals? Ex/current fans? I would assume they would look for people invested in their content over the years to somewhat maintain the dnp style.
[ETA why can't I hide my signature? :(]
These are the editors (not sure if there's anyone else missing from that tweet), they're professional editors ofc, I believe Seizer is a fan and a youtuber, the other two seem to be editors for other youtubers as well.

I was literally just thinking about how dnp found editors and what that process would have been like!