Dan & Phil Part 8: Clickedy-dick

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

Welcome to America, boys.

(source: altphan)

Please continue discussing here!
busy being happy~
ryanross
not a first-time poster

Has anyone confirmed that the pictures posted in the previous thread are from their bus model in particular? Or is it just a #guessing #game
majitzu
angel bean

ryanross wrote:Has anyone confirmed that the pictures posted in the previous thread are from their bus model in particular? Or is it just a #guessing #game
There is a video of going out of the bus an into the venue
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

majitzu wrote:
ryanross wrote:Has anyone confirmed that the pictures posted in the previous thread are from their bus model in particular? Or is it just a #guessing #game
yeah that and they saying they have a bedroom means that's probably the bus + the layout, although i'm still not 100% sold on them not having two buses, but it's just a waiting game now, give it a few more dates and if we don't have pictures of a second bus then that's it
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
kuensukki
janice from the shop

A little late to the party but I LOVED the radio show!! It was so nice to see their old videos and see their old bodies/faces/hair and how they have grown. Phil was looking gorgeous tonight as well, like how is that man 29, he looks so young. The muse video/starships really reminded me of the old Phil style videos with the overall weirdness. They keep implying a hiatus (as a 1D stan I'm sensitive to that word :sideeye: ) but I believe they will be back. I really want them to bring the SAP style back but now that they've grown lazier I can't see that happening. SAP was the best combination of Dan and Phils creativity and they worked so hard on it. Ahh nostalgia is hitting me like a ton of bricks :cry:

I'm sad they didn't play the Phil's FOB Christmas video, its one of my favorite videos of his. He really suited the look and his lip-synching was so on point. The whole execution was pretty ace! (I also love how low-key not so low-key bitter Dan was about losing )

In case you never seen it....
DryCereal
koi pond

Still having warm and fuzzies over the radioshow last night. An hour goes by too fast, I hope if when they're back it's with a longer show...
I thought they'd play Phil's FOB vid after Dan's, was a bit disappointed they didn't, (although faux-salty Dan was funny!) also no mentions of the Golden Headphones...

The snaps were sweet too. "and that's where we'll cut" ...sob.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Too lazy to quote, copy & paste from previous thread

On the room at Playlist, previous years the headliners and those sitting on the panel such as are given room, if you follow other youtubers vlogs they'll mention this. In last year's Cat's vlog Anthony was commenting on how "envious" he was that was given the suite.

I would not be surprised that this year even if they were not in any panel but the fact that they did TATINOF alongside the event and IRL is one of the main sponsors, Playlist will continue providing them the suite.

On the number of buses, I doubt 1 bus will be enough to accommodate , the merchandise team (5 members), security (at least 2), manager, crew members (light, sound, stage hands etc), stage props, merchandise, everyone's luggages etc. Lets wait and see further phanrazzi photos, we'll get to see all their transportations in a few more days for sure ;)
DryCereal
koi pond

Oh dear! Is the Yeezys/minion socks combo that bad..?!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

akui
blobfish

trashqueen wrote:
majitzu wrote:
yeah that and they saying they have a bedroom means that's probably the bus + the layout, although i'm still not 100% sold on them not having two buses, but it's just a waiting game now, give it a few more dates and if we don't have pictures of a second bus then that's it
It's definitely two buses otherwise they can't fit in the whole crew unless Dan sleeps on the roof.
DryCereal
koi pond

akui wrote:
trashqueen wrote:
majitzu wrote:
It's definitely two buses otherwise they can't fit in the whole crew unless Dan sleeps on the roof.
"Guys... come back... you can't go without us..!!"
DryCereal
koi pond

SquishPhan
capita£ester

So far I’m on team two busses.

Will probably rewatch the last radio show later on today. Maybe this time I will get emotional
about it.
sweetmm
angel bean

akui wrote:
I'm also thinking & Martyn ride in different buses; so that Martyn & Cornelia can have their own bedroom in the other bus. Martyn is after all an IRL boss too ;)
DryCereal
koi pond

sweetmm wrote:
akui wrote:
I'm also thinking & Martyn ride in different buses; so that Martyn & Cornelia can have thei own bedroom too in the other bus.
Same theory here. :thumb:
I know it's massively unlikely that there'll be one today, with the Ft. L show tonight, but I reeeeeeeeally am missing the LSs. :cry:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I too really miss the live shows, way more than I thought I would. I hope they are doing one soon, but I’m not holding my breath.
vincentian
hobbit hair

I'm late but I echo everyone who's sad for the radio shows being over for now, it was my favourite content from them. When Dan mentioned September, he was joking that Phil could continue his career as a voice who makes announcements for Radio1. It seemed that things with bbc are up in the air, no certain plans. :sobs:
Loved the actual show. It was messy, were both a bit unprepared, but seemed more genuine and unguarded than usual (last show whatever). It all went down completely at the 7SC which I enjoyed quite a lot. I feel like it was a decent tribute to the show all in all, not just 'they made us record it', the emotion was there. Loved Ben's meltdown on twitter (did he watch them record the show? the picture of with the fan art board was posted by him).

Re: bus. I think it's possible that there's one bus + that blue van for set, and they ask venue's staff if they need more arms to help with techical part/logistics. There's Dan, Phil, Martyn, Cornelia, the flipside manager, the merch girl, ~2 guards (but so far we’ve seen one), show crew (let’s say 4 people max) = 12 people. Other people who helped them with merch might have been employed only for Playlist. Imo having 2 buses is too costly even with their finances, they are making money on this tour.
sweetmm
angel bean

vincentian wrote: Imo having 2 buses is too costly even with their finances, they are making money on this tour.
Pretty sure more than 1 bus, but the other might not be as large, or it might just be a van as you guess. Come one phanrazzi do your work :clapping:

Their booth must had been so busy, they need extra help with the merchandise (or maybe crew)
Last edited by sweetmm on Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
phamnotof
morning quiff

sweetmm wrote:
vincentian wrote: Imo having 2 buses is too costly even with their finances, they are making money on this tour.
Pretty sure more than 1 bus, but the other might not be as large, or it might just be a van as you guess. Come one phanrazzi do your work :clapping:
I think there was that ugly-ass blue van thing parked right next to the Deppy bus that'd be fitting their needs. And could also be easily mistaken for a bus from behind. But who knows.

As far as money goes, saw this just now & it's making me think they could have 3 buses and still make a profit.
sweetmm
angel bean

I love supportive daddies ;
I want a daddy too
phamnotof
morning quiff

sweetmm wrote:I love supportive daddies ;
I want a daddy too
ahaha there's supportive and then there's putting the whiskers on when even your child hasn't
blueapple_x
flower crown

sweetmm wrote:

Their booth must had been so busy, they need extra help with the merchandise (or maybe crew)
I looked at that girl's twitter and she said she'll be doing the tatinof tour "for the next couple days". Wonder if that's only for Florida or more states. What if all the rest of the shows further down the line are even more busy for the merch? Lol are they just going to continue to pick up helpers randomly as they go? That one other girl is going to be with them for the whole tour but this girl is only for "the next couple of days".

I wonder if those two girls were fans/knew of Dan and Phil before tatinof...and if they're going on the tour bus with them/following in another vehicle.
akui
blobfish

sweetmm wrote:
akui wrote:
I'm also thinking & Martyn ride in different buses; so that Martyn & Cornelia can have their own bedroom in the other bus. Martyn is after all an IRL boss too ;)
They need the show crew at least 6 ppl, merch crew idk how many, maybe 4 judge by the photo + the girl they've picked up, flipside lady, martynelia and deppy, I think so yes, if Deppy taking 5 ppl and martynelia take 6, two buses it's more realistic imo. Also yes martynelia can have their own double room.
sweetmm
angel bean

Video of them boarding the bus; Phil always run off leaving Dan :sideeye:

http://riandawsoff.tumblr.com/
lilMango
morning quiff

Really hoping for a live show sometime soon, but I know I probably won't get one for a while. :sigh:
Love the new thread name though! :lol:
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
aralik
sad dimple

sweetmm wrote:I love supportive daddies ;
I want a daddy too
hahah i love how happy the dad looks with his whiskers and how contrastively unhappy the girl looks (also doesn't he have a bit of a dan haircut?! :lol: )
phamnotof wrote:
sweetmm wrote:
I think there was that ugly-ass blue van thing parked right next to the Deppy bus that'd be fitting their needs. And could also be easily mistaken for a bus from behind. But who knows.

As far as money goes, saw this just now & it's making me think they could have 3 buses and still make a profit.
wow that crowd at the merch stand, if they were not able to afford before they sure are going to be able to have 2 or 3 buses now!! :o
i think they probably have one bus with the bedroom (which they might take turns sleeping in with martyn and cornelia?) where the flipside lady and possibly the security guy(s) travel in. and another bus possibly for the stage and merch crew only. maybe the third van for carrying all the props and merch?
i don't really like the idea of people staking out the venue parking lot to meet them (but maybe it's better than staking out and watch them from a far, would that be too creepy? i feel like i'd rather do that so as not to bother/pester them but actually i'd do neither :? ) BUT i'm nosey af so i wanna know details! give me juicy info! :thirsty: that is why i wish they would do a live show or a DITL so we can get some consensual information :lol:
ugh.