Dan & Phil Part 9: The most fun we've ever had

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kuensukki
janice from the shop

glertiespy wrote:
Kathrynxjane wrote:EDIT: are they wearing matching sunglasses?? Wow guys. :platonic:
SquishPhan wrote:They are wearing matching sunglasses. I am no longer surprised by any of this.
i think those are tatinof sunglasses. the crew has them in diffrent colours. Just wanted to say that.
Bring on the hobbit hair Dan, please.

Also hi, long time lurker, i don't think i'm gonna join the conversations very often because of my bad english... love reading though.

They have matching glasses in the vlog with Anthony and Kalel. They always get things that contrast so I'm sure they have a lot of matching stuff. I seriously flipped when I saw the emojis! They seriously don't care anymore and I am living for it watch them no homo in the next liveshow :lol: I think as muh as we have phangoggles we have antiphan goggles. How much things are we going to say is due to chance or is platonic behavior. DP are powerful in the sense that their fans only believe what they say. So Dan can write vampire fanfic and accidently fave wedding venues in japan, Phil can accidentally have expressed his love for Dan in a video that cannot be named, they could have gone travelling to their ideal honeymoon location and just be seen as platonic besties :roll: Sure some things DP do are platonic biffles things but alot give out couple vibes
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

kuensukki wrote:They have matching glasses in the vlog with Anthony and Kalel. They always get things that contrast so I'm sure they have a lot of matching stuff. I seriously flipped when I saw the emojis! They seriously don't care anymore and I am living for it watch them no homo in the next liveshow :lol: I think as muh as we have phangoggles we have antiphan goggles. How much things are we going to say is due to chance or is platonic behavior. DP are powerful in the sense that their fans only believe what they say. So Dan can write vampire fanfic and accidently fave wedding venues in japan, Phil can accidentally have expressed his love for Dan in a video that cannot be named, they could have gone travelling to their ideal honeymoon location and just be seen as platonic besties :roll: Sure some things DP do are platonic biffles things but alot give out couple vibes
Yeah, you nailed it with the bolded part.

The best thing anyone can do is look at the big picture situation and make their mind up, imo, instead of going overboard trying to prove or disprove every individual thing as it happens.

But fandom is a very in-the-moment vibe and people often aren't thinking more than a week in the past or a week in the future, everything is evaluated for strictly what it means at the time it happens.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Just found this on tumblr and I can't help but agree :D 2012!Dan would suffer if meeting 2016!Dan...

hamisnotonfire
phillion/danosaur <//3

Having been at university near Niagara falls I can say that those pink ponchos are not for the maid of the mist. They are usually blue or yellow. They went on a private boat that was just for the two of them. Whether that was to get away from fans or to have a private moist moment with your bff we will never know.

edit: after looking up the company there might have been other passengers, however, it is definitely smaller and not as well known as the traditional "Maid of the Mist" tours so maybe they were trying to avoid crowds
Last edited by hamisnotonfire on Fri May 06, 2016 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueapple_x
flower crown

Ablissa wrote:Just found this on tumblr and I can't help but agree :D 2012!Dan would suffer if meeting 2016!Dan...

LOL
shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Ablissa wrote:Just found this on tumblr and I can't help but agree :D 2012!Dan would suffer if meeting 2016!Dan...

Wonderful!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SquishPhan
capita£ester

So true. :lol:
hamisnotonfire wrote:Having been at university near Niagara falls I can say that those pink ponchos are not for the maid of the mist. They are usually blue or yellow. They went on a private boat that was just for the two of them. Whether that was to get away from fans or to have a private moist moment with your bff we will never know.
Thanks for the info.
mez29
procrastinator

hamisnotonfire wrote:edit: after looking up the company there might have been other passengers, however, it is definitely smaller and not as well known as the traditional "Maid of the Mist" tours so maybe they were trying to avoid crowds
Looks like Hornblower operates from the Canadian side and Maid of the Mist from the US side?
daphenaxa
blobfish

other way around Mez. Maid of the mist is on the Canadian side for sure. I remember I took it
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
rvgue
tol bean

mez29 wrote:
hamisnotonfire wrote:edit: after looking up the company there might have been other passengers, however, it is definitely smaller and not as well known as the traditional "Maid of the Mist" tours so maybe they were trying to avoid crowds
Looks like Hornblower operates from the Canadian side and Maid of the Mist from the US side?
Maid of the mist is definitely Canadian and blue ponchos, though it may have changed since it was bought out a few years ago
the yellow ponchos are for a walk behind the falls tour that I believe only operates on the american side
lightly jogging through the 6
hamisnotonfire
phillion/danosaur <//3

mez29 wrote:
Yeah but they definitely have less boats and most people leave from the American side....although if you are walking around the only good views are from the Canadian side
spider
ar·tic·u·late

smugpug wrote:
grannypants wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:maybe they got married under the waterfall like a certain adorable couple in the us office...
a girl can dream. #platonicbros4eva :platonic:

don't play with our hearts like this deppy
Reminds me of another Jim & Pam parallel I noticed.
majitzu wrote:They only wanted to 'get wet together'
hamisnotonfire wrote:Having been at university near Niagara falls I can say that those pink ponchos are not for the maid of the mist. They are usually blue or yellow. They went on a private boat that was just for the two of them. Whether that was to get away from fans or to have a private moist moment with your bff we will never know.
kuensukki wrote:I think as much as we have phangoggles we have antiphan goggles.
Let's call it like it is.
He knows it's the gay couple emoji. We know it's the gay couple emoji. He knows we know it's the gay couple emoji. We know he knows we know it's the gay couple emoji. He knows we know he knows we know it's the gay couple emoji.

Simple.
daphenaxa
blobfish

I think they did the 1st option "voyage to the falls boat tour" https://www.niagaracruises.com/tour-options
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
fancy_nancy
phabergé

i saw this on tumblr
so then i went to niagaracruises.com and i cant find it, but their plastic things do say hornblower canada cruises
felucca
truth bomb

Cornelia's in Canada.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

Last week they were no homoing with the bus bedroom but this week they are happily showing off sightseeing in a tweet with a gay couple emoji.

This is an elaborate ruse.
spider
ar·tic·u·late

fancy_nancy wrote:i saw this on tumblr
so then i went to niagaracruises.com and i cant find it, but their plastic things do say hornblower canada cruises
It's a review on another website. It's not the official description.
phamnotof
morning quiff

fancy_nancy wrote:i saw this on tumblr
the screen is just of a list of the most romantic things to do there, the one they did being the first on the list, I don't think it's an actual thing you can order at all, it's just what you do once you get on your regular private boat with your biffle :D http://www.contentedtraveller.com/10-of ... ara-falls/
kay
phabergé

This killed me.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

alittledizzy wrote:
kuensukki wrote:They have matching glasses in the vlog with Anthony and Kalel. They always get things that contrast so I'm sure they have a lot of matching stuff. I seriously flipped when I saw the emojis! They seriously don't care anymore and I am living for it watch them no homo in the next liveshow :lol: I think as muh as we have phangoggles we have antiphan goggles. How much things are we going to say is due to chance or is platonic behavior. DP are powerful in the sense that their fans only believe what they say. So Dan can write vampire fanfic and accidently fave wedding venues in japan, Phil can accidentally have expressed his love for Dan in a video that cannot be named, they could have gone travelling to their ideal honeymoon location and just be seen as platonic besties :roll: Sure some things DP do are platonic biffles things but alot give out couple vibes

The best thing anyone can do is look at the big picture situation and make their mind up, imo, instead of going overboard trying to prove or disprove every individual thing as it happens.

But fandom is a very in-the-moment vibe and people often aren't thinking more than a week in the past or a week in the future, everything is evaluated for strictly what it means at the time it happens.
but people try to use the big picture to prove little things, rather than adding these smaller details to overall reasoning. the wedding venue event in particular was not a phan thing and does not play into any big picture - it did not make sense either way because gay marriage is not legal in japan.
once some people already have in their mind what the truth is, they don't take into account any new evidence that doesn't fit that, and bend anything else to make it support them. people could make house plants phan proof if they tried hard enough, and it would be accepted as part of The Big Picture, when instead these instances should be analysed and that then either adds or takes away from the winning view you have.

when will the 'hahaha 2012 dan wasn't comfortable expressing himself!!' jokes die a horrible death
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

spider wrote:Let's call it like it is.
He knows it's the gay couple emoji. We know it's the gay couple emoji. He knows we know it's the gay couple emoji. We know he knows we know it's the gay couple emoji. He knows we know he knows we know it's the gay couple emoji.

Simple.
Remember back in 2014 when he acted like if he'd realized it was the gay couple emoji he wouldn't have used it but it was "too late now"?
How far we've come.

(Also, I'm 100% sure he used it on purpose even then.)
busy being happy~
kuensukki
janice from the shop

Ending the day with a some dinner.
How did Dan get keep hair straight?? Also jaej I also don't think the japan tweet meant something it was just an example of how many "accidents" these boys seem to have. Romantic boat tour or not they always choose to do everything with each other, never leave each other side, talk and act like each other-they are in all senses an old married couple and I hope they remain this way
SquishPhan
capita£ester

kuensukki wrote: Ending the day with a some dinner.
How did Dan get keep hair straight?? Also jaej I also don't think the japan tweet meant something it was just an example of how many "accidents" these boys seem to have. Romantic boat tour or not they always choose to do everything with each other, never leave each other side, talk and act like each other-they are in all senses an old married couple and I hope they remain this way
They sure do fit the whole old married couple trope. I like it.
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

kuensukki wrote:Romantic boat tour or not they always choose to do everything with each other, never leave each other side, talk and act like each other-they are in all senses an old married couple and I hope they remain this way
Idk they are cute being with each other all the time to a extend. But the fact even when they are in a social scenario with lots of acquaintances they still keeping each other within halp meters actually made really annoyed for them? Like aren't you get tired of each other I'm tired for you!

Or maybe they are just friends they don't talk to each other in the tour bus and one of them sleeping in a magic unexisting second bedroom.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

jaej wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:

but people try to use the big picture to prove little things, rather than adding these smaller details to overall reasoning. the wedding venue event in particular was not a phan thing and does not play into any big picture - it did not make sense either way because gay marriage is not legal in japan.
once some people already have in their mind what the truth is, they don't take into account any new evidence that doesn't fit that, and bend anything else to make it support them. people could make house plants phan proof if they tried hard enough, and it would be accepted as part of The Big Picture, when instead these instances should be analysed and that then either adds or takes away from the winning view you have.

when will the 'hahaha 2012 dan wasn't comfortable expressing himself!!' jokes die a horrible death
The problem with this argument is,who is going to decide which of the little detail counts as definitive ''proof'' or ''antiproof'' to add to The Big Picture? The truth is that everyone has their own biases clouding their judgment. Everything they did or said in the past can be interpreted as a joke or taken out of context, or similarly as a declaration of their hidden love if you try hard enough. No one is really impartial enough to decided what can go into the canonical textbook of Definitive Phan/Anti-Phan Things. I think we can all agree that until one of them has a significant other in the public eye or they confirm their relationship, there really is no such thing as ''proof''. Like the ''gay emoji'' thing...that can easily be interpreted as Dan not giving a shit anymore, or can be seen as a jab at the shippers who are determined to see everything they do in a romantic light. I don't even care anymore, tbh, I just love seeing people's reactions.

i still find 2012 Dan jokes funny, sue me. Dan has joked about it himself, I don't really see the issue here.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }