Dan & Phil Part 9: The most fun we've ever had

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

akui wrote: Okay now you are making it a euphemism for sex.
No I'm not, you filthy-minded so and so. Get yo' mind out of the gutter, or get back in your trashcan!!

Now you've brought it up, it's definitely true though.

gnostic - Legend has it that Phil sends angry DMs to people/fans that displease him with what they post/reblog/tweet etc. Not sure if it's true, but it's certainly fun/an in-joke to imagine Phil with steam coming out of his ears furiously typing angry messages to people...

Mr T. "Yes, I do ship Phan" Oakley reblogged a couple of questionable phan-related things and then dramatically deleted them shortly thereafter. Shitstorm quickly ensued.
Last edited by DryCereal on Sun May 08, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Ablissa
pastel persona

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
Mr T. "Yes, I do ship Phan" Oakley reblogged a couple of questionable phan-related things and then dramatically deleted them shortly thereafter. Shitstorm quickly ensued.
I haven't heard anything about this. I need to spend more time looking for Phan related drama
Do we know for sure that there was any reaction from , or it's all just speculation? Guessing the latter, but still...
DryCereal
koi pond

Ablissa wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
I haven't heard anything about this. I need to spend more time looking for Phan related drama
Do we know for sure that there was any reaction from , or it's all just speculation? Guessing the latter, but still...
Guessing. Unless we all missed it...?
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Ablissa wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
It was really recent, maybe this week? And they're out of the Internet with their tour, so there has been no reaction from them -that we know of.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I've just watched agar.io video wow i am loving Dan in that Star Wars tshirt ahem and it was an alright video. I've played agar.io before and they were saying that this game had been requested a lot, fair enough guys, but I also know Guitar Hero and another game of Mario Kart has been requested even more so why are you playing these crappy flash games when we want to see proper stuff. They said that they might replay agar.io as a DvP, please don't, give us something more exciting for that, please.

I binge watched so many D&PG videos yesterday and the content back when they did the Donkey Kong series was so much better than what it's been recently. The DK series, and the Bishy-Bashy series were funny, they were interesting and it was exciting to watch them play then, but the last few videos are just blah imo.
I didn't really rate the MK8 video when it came out because they picked some lame tracks to play, Dan has said recently that his favourite track is Grumble Volcano, which requires some actual skill compared to Excitbike Arena, so why can't we have another MK8 video with better tracks, rather than the recent games. I like Undertale and Sims4 don't get me wrong, but they're just not suspenseful enough like a platform game is.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
DryCereal
koi pond

Firstly - where did some of those thread titles even COME from?! :lol:

D&PG. Hmm. I like TS4, loving Undertale, can we PLEASE have them more often?! Please?!
Liked the Impossible Quiz, but Agar.io is definitly a one-watch-through, and as for the bloody IOS games? NO. More MK8 - yes please! I'd also like them to do a few more solo videos on the channel. More DvP, but I can't think of a game I would want them to do off the top of my head.
I'd also like to see them play games (even if it's just a one-shot) that they play in their own time and/or are actually good at.

And Rockband/Singstar. YES.
Ticia
suspended

Mmm I don't know if I'd want them to play Singstar, it's not that exciting and they've already sung in some ls. I'd love a Just Dance #2 instead

A bit of off topic: just casually found this on a danisnotonfirevyou1 ( :cry: ) video comment:

This happened in a Phil's LS (August 2015 approx.), when his SIM card was corrupted or something like that. He received a message, said it was his mum but a dedicated phan zoomed the image and well, it looks like a DM from danisnotonfire I still can't see the point of messaging your damn flatmate, so if anyone misses the topic of the DP house rules on the piano...
DryCereal
koi pond

Definitely from danisnotonfire... as for the message itself - IDK. Might be what they say it is. But I read the comment before I looked at the pic, so now I can't see anything else. Same problem I was having with those bloody rules!!!
daphenaxa
blobfish

missemma wrote:I've just watched agar.io video wow i am loving Dan in that Star Wars tshirt ahem and it was an alright video. I've played agar.io before and they were saying that this game had been requested a lot, fair enough guys, but I also know Guitar Hero and another game of Mario Kart has been requested even more so why are you playing these crappy flash games when we want to see proper stuff. They said that they might replay agar.io as a DvP, please don't, give us something more exciting for that, please.

I binge watched so many D&PG videos yesterday and the content back when they did the Donkey Kong series was so much better than what it's been recently. The DK series, and the Bishy-Bashy series were funny, they were interesting and it was exciting to watch them play then, but the last few videos are just blah imo.
I didn't really rate the MK8 video when it came out because they picked some lame tracks to play, Dan has said recently that his favourite track is Grumble Volcano, which requires some actual skill compared to Excitbike Arena, so why can't we have another MK8 video with better tracks, rather than the recent games. I like Undertale and Sims4 don't get me wrong, but they're just not suspenseful enough like a platform game is.
MTE I mean that video was ok because they can make anything entertaining to me and they were both quite relaxed and "real" like I didn't think they were forcing a script. But my god that game

What's the point? I don't get it. What's next? Are they gonna play candy crush? or that thing were you cut the fruits in half? I don't get it.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
gnostic
stress mushroom

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
akui wrote: Okay now you are making it a euphemism for sex.
No I'm not, you filthy-minded so and so. Get yo' mind out of the gutter, or get back in your trashcan!!

Now you've brought it up, it's definitely true though.

gnostic - Legend has it that Phil sends angry DMs to people/fans that displease him with what they post/reblog/tweet etc. Not sure if it's true, but it's certainly fun/an in-joke to imagine Phil with steam coming out of his ears furiously typing angry messages to people...

Thnk you for coming through! Can i ask what Tyler reblogged? Just a general description?

And have there been any receipts to back up amgry dmer phil? Not that this mental image isn't hilarious
Just here for the marketing skills
lilMango
morning quiff

Ticia wrote:Mmm I don't know if I'd want them to play Singstar, it's not that exciting and they've already sung in some ls. I'd love a Just Dance #2 instead

A bit of off topic: just casually found this on a danisnotonfirevyou1 ( :cry: ) video comment:

This happened in a Phil's LS (August 2015 approx.), when his SIM card was corrupted or something like that. He received a message, said it was his mum but a dedicated phan zoomed the image and well, it looks like a DM from danisnotonfire I still can't see the point of messaging your damn flatmate, so if anyone misses the topic of the DP house rules on the piano...
OOOH this is fun. it looks like "_________ image? Something is..." or "_______image? Setting up..."
I'm not too familiar with twitter DMs, but is there an option to have a group chat? If so, the "setting up" could be a collab with someone else. Or maybe something to do with the radio show? That's all I can think of.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
DryCereal
koi pond

Was he editing a gaming vid? Lord knows there's been a few maddening content tsunamis when they've uploaded videos directly after LSs...!!
apathy
sad dimple

IckleMissMayhem wrote:D&PG. Hmm. I like TS4, loving Undertale, can we PLEASE have them more often?! Please?!
Liked the Impossible Quiz, but Agar.io is definitly a one-watch-through, and as for the bloody IOS games? NO. More MK8 - yes please! I'd also like them to do a few more solo videos on the channel. More DvP, but I can't think of a game I would want them to do off the top of my head.
I'd also like to see them play games (even if it's just a one-shot) that they play in their own time and/or are actually good at.

I may be alone on this, but I've always wished for a Katamari DvP (or Coop either one). It's not new or trendy, but Phil has talked about liking it, and they have the pillow and it's such a tease because I love those games.

I already mentioned that I definitely want a Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes episode.

I'm getting a little tired of Sims 4, unless they start doing something more interesting with it. They've reached the point of financial & social stability where I get bored with it when I play myself. Once they start talking marriage and children and offer some thoughts on that, I might be invested again.

As for not being good - I think the talking/pressure to be entertaining probably does hinder their gameplay abilities some. Or maybe that's just me, but knowing someone is watching me play pretty well guarantees that I'm going to start sucking at it.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

lilMango wrote:
Ticia wrote:Mmm I don't know if I'd want them to play Singstar, it's not that exciting and they've already sung in some ls. I'd love a Just Dance #2 instead

OOOH this is fun. it looks like "_________ image? Something is..." or "_______image? Setting up..."
I'm not too familiar with twitter DMs, but is there an option to have a group chat? If so, the "setting up" could be a collab with someone else. Or maybe something to do with the radio show? That's all I can think of.
"Setting up"! It does look like that! I've never been a fan of the "willing to" interpretation! I do think that the first part says "Should I be in this live show?" though.

There is an option to do group chat with Twitter dm's, but I don't see how that's relevant to his message to Phil. Can you explain more?
busy being happy~
Lain
eclipse shirt

Ticia wrote:

Do you (or anyone else) know exactly which ls the picture is from?
gnostic
stress mushroom

apathy wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:D&PG. Hmm. I like TS4, loving Undertale, can we PLEASE have them more often?! Please?!

I may be alone on this, but I've always wished for a Katamari DvP (or Coop either one). It's not new or trendy, but Phil has talked about liking it, and they have the pillow and it's such a tease because I love those games.

I already mentioned that I definitely want a Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes episode.

I'm getting a little tired of Sims 4, unless they start doing something more interesting with it. They've reached the point of financial & social stability where I get bored with it when I play myself. Once they start talking marriage and children and offer some thoughts on that, I might be invested again.

As for not being good - I think the talking/pressure to be entertaining probably does hinder their gameplay abilities some. Or maybe that's just me, but knowing someone is watching me play pretty well guarantees that I'm going to start sucking at it.
Its interesting because when Phil focuses he is actually pretty good (see: Undertale, Donkey Kong). I am convinced he plays up his incompetence for their old married couple double act schtick
Just here for the marketing skills
Ticia
suspended

oqua wrote:
lilMango wrote:

"Setting up"! It does look like that! I've never been a fan of the "willing to" interpretation! I do think that the first part says "Should I be in this live show?" though.
I can only read "in this live show", and then something like "trolling" and some emoji?
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Lain wrote:
Ticia wrote:

Do you (or anyone else) know exactly which ls the picture is from?
It's the August 9, 2015 liveshow

At 6:47 -

busy being happy~
Lain
eclipse shirt

Ticia wrote:
I can only read "in this live show", and then something like "trolling" and some emoji?
I see "fucking up".
oqua wrote: It's the August 9, 2015 liveshow

At 6:47 -

Thanks!
Last edited by Lain on Sun May 08, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilMango
morning quiff

oqua wrote: There is an option to do group chat with Twitter dm's, but I don't see how that's relevant to his message to Phil. Can you explain more?
I meant that maybe Dan created a group DM with another youtuber to "set up" a collab, and maybe that's why he said "setting up." Sorry if my wording was a bit confusing
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
DryCereal
koi pond

+1 on the "breakfast" tweets... :roll:
Poe
rainbow nerd

At least it's not about cereals :roll: but I definitely would appreciate it more if Phil's tweets didn't feel so robot like..
Ablissa
pastel persona

I don't mind the fact that Phil's tweets often lack substance. What I do mind, though, is the fact that he always makes me hungry :sideeye:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Ablissa wrote:I don't mind the fact that Phil's tweets often lack substance. What I do mind, though, is the fact that he always makes me hungry :sideeye:
Same! I really want waffles now. :lol: