Dan & Phil Part 9: The most fun we've ever had

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

lavenderpetals wrote:Ok so I was just watching some of Casper's Vlogs (Thank you PewPhan )
At exactly :54 Dan says his super expensive yeezy sweater looks like a potato sack.
Dan looks so cute when he laughs at 0:22

The way he looks up, giggles and puts his sweater paw hand in front of his mouth, like ouch boy my heart. He looks adorable and tiny in oversized sweaters, it's just that Yeezy oatmeal colored potato sack that I dislike. For once he doesn't wear black, but then he opts for that.
Ticia wrote:Except from the Sims 4, because God forbid Dan allows Phil to play instead of looking at the screen over his shoulder.
To me, this is truly the most annoying thing about the Sims videos, like there's no reason for Dan to be in control at all times? It was kinda cute in the first episodes, seeing Phil teach Dan how to play but now it's just unnecessary and weird.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

This is random, but I was just imaging the Larry-style breakdown the Phandom would have if one of the boys ever did publicly start dating someone else (other than each other.) Not that I think they would ever confirm it, being the private people they are, but I think we would get the hint if they started showing up to premieres and important events/ started getting spotted in public with someone else in tow. The denial. The hysteria. People accusing the potential girlfriend of being a beard. People accusing the potential boyfriend of ''just being a friend.'' The elaborate theories people would spin, probably blaming management for the need for such an elaborate ruse. I'd find it endlessly amusing like the terrible person I am. I love the idea of Phan, don't get me wrong, but I'm also a semi-rational adult who knows that this above scenario is a very real possibility.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
Lurktacularr
procrastinator
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote:
Ticia wrote:Except from the Sims 4, because God forbid Dan allows Phil to play instead of looking at the screen over his shoulder.
To me, this is truly the most annoying thing about the Sims videos, like there's no reason for Dan to be in control at all times? It was kinda cute in the first episodes, seeing Phil teach Dan how to play but now it's just unnecessary and weird.
I noticed this and kept it in mind when watching a few older ones back and I think its because Phil's not so good at positioning the view. A few times when Phil was in control he didn't move the camera around to focus on what he was talking about, or left the view completely central on his own screen so that the rectangle showing Deppy playing covered part of what they were talking about by the time they'd edited the shots together. Dan's actually really good at this compared to most of the major youtubers playing Sims LP. I don't think that's the only reason but possibly part of it.

Not sure why its always Dan on Undertale though.

I think it probably does come down to them both being control freaks, but in very different ways. Dan seems concerned very surface-level, superficial control like controlling the game and being generally loud etc. Phil is more concerned with the higher-level control like the tone of the video in general (and channel, tbh) and what stays in/gets cut to that end.

Once again I'm reverting to the trope that Dan's Steve Jobs and Phil's Steve Wozniak. The former is front and centre playing the audience, the latter is the driving force behind the tone, direction and innovation of the organisation. Equally important to their success, but very different skill sets.
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
karma_yeah
philussy

Re: Dan yelling at Phil in the video (from the "phan" tag on tumblr):

I'm total phan , but 5 years? Math much Dan? (maybe he's not counting the period of time they didn't officially live together, but I'm pretty sure the dynamic was the same)
What goes around, comes around Image
SquishPhan
capita£ester

karma_yeah wrote:Re: Dan yelling at Phil in the video (from the "phan" tag on tumblr):

I'm total phan , but 5 years? Math much Dan? (maybe he's not counting the period of time they didn't officially live together, but I'm pretty sure the dynamic was the same)
Yeah I think he just said 5 years because that's how long they have been living together, and so it might be a more everyday occurrence now, more so than it was before they moved in. Because while I’m sure they spend a lot of time together back then, and the dynamic was probably the same, they didn’t see each other as often as they do now.
DryCereal
koi pond

karma_yeah wrote:Re: Dan yelling at Phil in the video (from the "phan" tag on tumblr):

There must have been a honeymoon period where he didn't give Phil anywhere near as much shit as these days. Call it the "OMG, senpai noticed me and wants to be friends!!" period!
bedhead91 wrote:This is random, but I was just imaging the Larry-style breakdown the Phandom would have if one of the boys ever did publicly start dating someone else (other than each other.) Not that I think they would ever confirm it, being the private people they are, but I think we would get the hint if they started showing up to premieres and important events/ started getting spotted in public with someone else in tow. The denial. The hysteria. People accusing the potential girlfriend of being a beard. People accusing the potential boyfriend of ''just being a friend.'' The elaborate theories people would spin, probably blaming management for the need for such an elaborate ruse. I'd find it endlessly amusing like the terrible person I am. I love the idea of Phan, don't get me wrong, but I'm also a semi-rational adult who knows that this above scenario is a very real possibility.
Just picture me crouched in a corner, utterly confused, muttering "as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy, as long as they're happy...."

This (well, technically ze ozzer platz) was the first time I'd at any level been involved with the crazy scary beast that is the Phandom, I still don't think I'm that involved outside of here... I don't read RP fanfic, I don't search for things on tumblr/google/whatever, felt too self-conscious to go to TATINOF (work was a welcome excuse, although I think the dates in the UK nearest me were sold out by the time I realised it was on sale (fake fan!) I could have gone to London easily enough, I do regret not going to see it now)
I suppose that speaks highly of this place, that we're all seemingly relaxed enough that IDB would probably be the safe port in that particular storm, when everywhere else online would be in complete chaos and carnage.

Probably. ;)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
taetaewl
glabella

So there is this channel called "Couplereacts" and "Couples gaming", basically when I saw their one video reacting to Dan and Phil I was like "wow this is funny, and much accurate" but then when I noticed they practically have reacted to all the top viewed videos of deppy my thought went "wow these people are literally leeching off Deppy for views". I really get disturbed by youtubers who just sits down and react to others video, while the original video is playing in the corner of their own. I get that one is okay but 10 of them? They even play the whole video... :sideeye:
I'm also side-eyeing "Social Repose".

What do you guys think of these kind of youtubers?
lavenderpetals
butt chair
Pronouns: They/Them

I remember when we were talking about doing more touristy things in Toronto. I follow the two merch girls on instagram and @lauren.koontz uploaded a video of the view from the CN tower. I listened to the audio and it felt like there was a tour guide explaining the vantage point. (It could've just been another person or tourist). I could hear male voices in the background but not well enough to make it out to be either of the boy's voices.

Edit:

Seems she deleted the video, only after a few minutes it was posted. Good thing I had a screenshot even if it was a video. (I got in the habit of screenshoting everything.)

Photo Below:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

taetaewl wrote:So there is this channel called "Couplereacts" and "Couples gaming", basically when I saw their one video reacting to Dan and Phil I was like "wow this is funny, and much accurate" but then when I noticed they practically have reacted to all the top viewed videos of deppy my thought went "wow these people are literally leeching off Deppy for views". I really get disturbed by youtubers who just sits down and react to others video, while the original video is playing in the corner of their own. I get that one is okay but 10 of them? They even play the whole video... :sideeye:

I'm fine with it and in case of 'Couplereacts', I even enjoy them. I really like their reactions to Dan and Phil. And honestly if they are reacting to videos then I prefer it to be the whole video, but that's just me.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

taetaewl wrote:So there is this channel called "Couplereacts" and "Couples gaming", basically when I saw their one video reacting to Dan and Phil I was like "wow this is funny, and much accurate" but then when I noticed they practically have reacted to all the top viewed videos of deppy my thought went "wow these people are literally leeching off Deppy for views". I really get disturbed by youtubers who just sits down and react to others video, while the original video is playing in the corner of their own. I get that one is okay but 10 of them? They even play the whole video... :sideeye:

I thin people request for them to react to videos by commenting an they do it. I remember commenting to do the punk video and thy eeplied saying that's one of the most requested and they will get to it. They seem like lovely people and their reactions and one of my favorites so I don't mind

Re Larry breakdown: lots of people in the 1D fandom are part of the phandom so there are going to be those who won't accept the truth. If they do move on and everything (though I can't imagine it) I believe is a lie I will probs cry a little and feel kinda stupid but I would try and be happy for them (I guess)..... :cry:
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Recouping some earlier posts:

Re: gaming vid: I love Dan screaming - never get tired of it. I do the same thing when I'm playing intense games, and I've been known to swear and yell at team mates from time to time.... :? Anyway, I enjoy the three phases of Dan vis a vis Phil: Incredulity, exasperation, then resignation. Phil wins!

Re: ChestGate: Someone said Dan has admitted to liking breasts, so to notice them is nothing unusual (I doubt he "stared" at a public event) Plus, she's probably one of the more mature (developed/older) fans, thus a little unusual compared to most M&G fans thusfar... Anyway, my take on the situation is probably going to be unpopular, but I am convinced that the fan wanted to create some drama / attention by both her wardrobe selection (she could have just as easily chosen a matching Yeezy-esque potato sack) combined with the tweet (and the later tweet deletion.) She wanted her breasts to be noticed by the "boys" - not that there's a problem with that - and apparently they were by Dan - and by some angry fans. Giving her history for attending previous M&Gs, she might be a fan who might be a little too obsessed with the fantasy of getting together with one of them... Or blowing up the notion of Phan. I've seen a lot of girls like her at concerts - the type is out there...
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

uglyamerican wrote: Giving her history for attending previous M&Gs, she might be a fan who might be a little too obsessed with the fantasy of getting together with one of them... Or blowing up the notion of Phan. I've seen a lot of girls like her at concerts - the type is out there...
I thought we were finished with the misogynistic notion that women who like showing off their body are all sluts who are only out to tempt others into sin...apparently not. :roll: Just because she likes meeting celebrities does not make her a groupie?? I can't even with some of these outdated opinions, bye.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
lilMango
morning quiff

:( I thought we were gonna talk about houseplants.
Honestly though, this conversation about whether girls can wear whatever shirts they want or not isn't really about D+P anymore, and although it was an interesting topic at first I think we're just talking in circles about it now. Can we just talk about cacti?
I'm sorry I just don't like seeing people upset at each other ahhhhhhh ignore me

Why do you think that Lauren girl deleted the video?
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

The adequate phan. Those red lips are on her crotch though, so maybe can be interpreted as trying to make them look in that direction.
And indeed, it's a bit strange that she deleted the video. Is it the same person that was asking how to private her snapchat? Maybe she is a new member of the crew and didn't know about the stalkerish part of the phandom
lilMango
morning quiff

Ticia wrote: And indeed, it's a bit strange that she deleted the video. Is it the same person that was asking how to private her snapchat? Maybe she is a new member of the crew and didn't know about the stalkerish part of the phandom
I suppose, but the video didn't seem to be revealing much at all if it was just a video of the view from the tower. Unless someone said something in the background, I don't see why she would delete it right away .... hmm....
lavenderpetals
butt chair
Pronouns: They/Them

lilMango wrote:
Ticia wrote: And indeed, it's a bit strange that she deleted the video. Is it the same person that was asking how to private her snapchat? Maybe she is a new member of the crew and didn't know about the stalkerish part of the phandom
I suppose, but the video didn't seem to be revealing much at all if it was just a video of the view from the tower. Unless someone said something in the background, I don't see why she would delete it right away .... hmm....
I don't understand either, I was the first person to like the video. When I listened to it it was just a bunch of people talking. Someone in the back was explaining different things about the viewpoints and I heard a lot of OOO's and Ahhhs. Nothing pointed directly linking to in the video either it was only a few seconds. Maybe she didn't get enough likes so she deleted it? It was only up for a few minutes though.
I mean we don't even know if were there, I don't expect the crew and the boys to be together 24/7. But then again it would seem like a group activity, crew and the boys to want to see a tourist land mark in their limited time in Toronto.
lilMango
morning quiff

lavenderpetals wrote:
lilMango wrote:
I don't understand either, I was the first person to like the video. When I listened to it it was just a bunch of people talking. Someone in the back was explaining different things about the viewpoints and I heard a lot of OOO's and Ahhhs. Nothing pointed directly linking to in the video either it was only a few seconds. Maybe she didn't get enough likes so she deleted it? It was only up for a few minutes though.
I mean we don't even know if were there, I don't expect the crew and the boys to be together 24/7. But then again it would seem like a group activity, crew and the boys to want to see a tourist land mark in their limited time in Toronto.
Maybe she posted it and then got paranoid about what people were saying in the background when she realized that the phandom was watching... She might know how much we people analyze things and thought what if they said something and I missed it? I might as well delete it to be safe...
idk that's my guess
DryCereal
koi pond

Maybe she got an in-person "Oi. NO." from Phil?
manged
lady door

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Maybe she got an in-person "Oi. NO." from Phil?
Phil was probably 5 feet away from her and still typed up an angry DM, just to make it sting.
DryCereal
koi pond

manged wrote:
Phil was probably 5 feet away from her and still typed up an angry DM, just to make it sting.
Creature of habit. Dan probably gets the same treatment...!
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
manged wrote:
Hahaha remember we were saying Dan getting Phil's message during liveshows? Those are probably his angry DM as well.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

akui wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
manged wrote:
Hahaha remember we were saying Dan getting Phil's message during liveshows? Those are probably his angry DM as well.
I can see it happening.
DryCereal
koi pond

SquishPhan wrote:
akui wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
manged wrote:
I can see it happening.
Multiple times a day.
gnostic
stress mushroom

DMs are twitter private messages, right? Whats back story about Phil and them? I am missing out on the joke

Also, i wish there was outoftheloop thread for phake phans like me who don't have time to follow all the drama. I am still wondering what went on with Phil and Tyler like a week ago that people said Phil was mad about
Just here for the marketing skills
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
SquishPhan wrote:
akui wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
manged wrote:
I can see it happening.
Multiple times a day.
Okay now you are making it a euphemism for sex.