Dan & Phil Part 9: The most fun we've ever had

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
phamnotof
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

flarequake wrote:
phamnotof wrote:

Also, just watch Phil's reaction & how well he covers it up. He's such an excellent liar. It's kinda chilling & very impressive.
I find it really sad that he does that. We can all see it's something from Twitter and there's nothing wrong with getting a Twitter message from someone. I actually thought he did get a text from his mum right after the DM until you guys pointed out he was lying to cover that up. I'm surprised I haven't completely turned off Phil for this lying malarkey, I think it's only cos I try to understand what it's been like having so many people interested in your every move
I guess it's a reflex. I get that a lot, as somewhat a patological liar who learned her ways trying to be interesting in HS & trying to appear straight... for, well, a very very long time. It's becomes second nature. Often out of necessity, and I do believe that Phil was hurt by the circumstances the phandom's investement enough so that this doesn't really make me sad, it makes me go "...of course." Like these days, because I feel like we've come so far, I judge the planned out lies such as the bedroom tweets a little bit, but this is just a reflex, probably to discract people from trying to figure out what the Tweet said/focusing on it. I always say silence is better at that, but it's harder to internalize when you're on the other side of the fame monster.

missemma Oh, I love that!

eta: people always seem to complain about being on the top of the page, should I, too? not that I think it makes a difference, but then I'm really new to the forum life :D
Last edited by phamnotof on Sun May 08, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annetamiau
lady door

flarequake wrote:
phamnotof wrote:

Also, just watch Phil's reaction & how well he covers it up. He's such an excellent liar. It's kinda chilling & very impressive.
I find it really sad that he does that. We can all see it's something from Twitter and there's nothing wrong with getting a Twitter message from someone. I actually thought he did get a text from his mum right after the DM until you guys pointed out he was lying to cover that up. I'm surprised I haven't completely turned off Phil for this lying malarkey, I think it's only cos I try to understand what it's been like having so many people interested in your every move
Now that we have established that Phil (and Dan too but in a less successful way) are perfectly capable of lying with a straight face, can we all agree that the 'they wouldn't lie to us therefore they can't be together' argument is not a strong one? I don't want to start a 'are they/aren't they' discussion cause everything there was to say has been said (multiple times), but it's something I see the agnostic or antiphan side bring up too often.

To sum up: they can lie (not that there is anything wrong with that, I would lie to thousands of potential stalkers on the internet too, it's not like they are covering up a murder or anything).
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
corn flakes
moon room

EDIT: on the subject of Phil, and Dan, lyeing I don't see the problem, nor something that me phanagnostic consider of major relevance in the topic. It's quite natural that they would lie if only so people don't speculate even more on their life, especially their love one. It's the same reason why Phil ,even if he is a touchy person, tries to avoid touching Dan.
Last edited by corn flakes on Sun May 08, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
SquishPhan
capita£ester

annetamiau wrote:To sum up: they can lie (not that there is anything wrong with that, I would lie to thousands of potential stalkers on the internet too, it's not like they are covering up a murder or anything).
That we know off. They could be serial killers for all we know. ;)
corn flakes wrote:
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

corn flakes wrote:
Aw. Looks like they had him in their dressing room. Is that TV behind them showing the stage? I wonder why that is? Anyone more stage-y got any ideas? IckleMissMayhem?

Also on the lying thing - I must be one of the few (probably more naive) people who think he did get a text from his mum separately. Not right then, but when he closed the app I thought he'd just seen his iMessage icon badged or something and then opened it. I mean he could well have been referring to the notification he got just then (which was, lbr, undeniably a DM from Dan) and lying to deflect, but he didn't mention it until a while after the DM notification. Seemed to coincide with closing the 7sc app to me.

Not that he couldn't lie as well as that; I'm way too long in the tooth to doubt Phil's poker face or lying abilities. I just didn't think that's what he was doing on this occasion

Edit: I'm now the butt chair. Come take a seat Daniel, the water's fine.
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
esso
spork

YES to Dan liking James Blake (his new album is incredible)

Edit: I really love how John is still a fan of Dan and Phil. It's so sweet
Last edited by esso on Sun May 08, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

esso wrote: YES to Dan liking James Blake (his new album is incredible)
I wonder how long it took Dan to create that tweet. ;)

With all the time he has to spend on a bus, I'm sure there is more than enough time to listen to them all.
phamnotof
morning quiff

courtesy of Dan's twitter likes...
SquishPhan
capita£ester

phamnotof wrote: courtesy of Dan's twitter likes...
Very interesting.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Lurktacularr wrote:
corn flakes wrote:
Aw. Looks like they had him in their dressing room. Is that TV behind them showing the stage? I wonder why that is? Anyone more stage-y got any ideas? IckleMissMayhem?
Oh man, I didn't know there was a TV screen of the venue in their dressing room! Me, Human & Maz were sitting infront of John (and we totally didn't go up to him and say hello at the end of the show, oh no, oh god) and we were dancing like complete drunkenidiots to their playlist, I hope they didn't watch! The shame.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Slightly OT:

So is Dan's hair getting lighter, or is this just from some intense overhead lighting?
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

missemma wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:
corn flakes wrote:
Oh man, I didn't know there was a TV screen of the venue in their dressing room! Me, Human & Maz were sitting infront of John (and we totally didn't go up to him and say hello at the end of the show, oh no, oh god) and we were dancing like complete drunkenidiots to their playlist, I hope they didn't watch! The shame.
Mate I hope they did cos I bet it cracked them right up. They're used to seeing teenagers with cat whiskers drawn on their faces screeching and then one night they spot some middle aged nose perverts up front giving it some to HSM after a skinful you'd have made their night
I wonder how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is talk shit on IDB
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

This was also liked by Dan on Twitter
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

I love gerard way.

OK, on topic? Um, is it just me or is Phil becoming more incandescently beautiful every day?
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
PhilTrashNumber1
placenta

Lurktacularr wrote:
missemma wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:
corn flakes wrote:
Mate I hope they did cos I bet it cracked them right up. They're used to seeing teenagers with cat whiskers drawn on their faces screeching and then one night they spot some middle aged nose perverts up front giving it some to HSM after a skinful you'd have made their night
let's be realistic here.
they were probably too busy having their pre show celebration (inside the microwave) to notice.
daphenaxa
blobfish

so do we think he liked this because he doesn't wanna label himself, or to be supportive/because he thought it was cool?
For me both are possible tbh.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

daphenaxa wrote:
so do we think he liked this because he doesn't wanna label himself, or to be supportive/because he thought it was cool?
there's no way to know, is there? a lot of dan's likes on twitter and tumblr straddle the line of "thinks its funny or cool/doing it for support" and "could find relatable to his own experiences." That's the power ambiguity and not-labeling yourself has.

personally i'm going to say dan probably relates to it, as not-labeling himself gives him this ability to do stuff and for us to never know his true intention. we can only guess at his motive and that's exactly one of the benefits gerard way is getting at of remaining undefinable, I think.
Lurktacularr
procrastinator

daphenaxa wrote:
Given his ambiguity over several aspects of his life, I'd go with the former.
PhilTrashNumber1 wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:
missemma wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:
corn flakes wrote:
let's be realistic here.
they were probably too busy having their pre show celebration (inside the microwave) to notice.
What, with John? I could totally see that

Edit - soz, fucked up my spoilering and FUBAR'd the thread. Just gonna have to be long cos too tired to work out how to fix it lol
Last edited by Lurktacularr on Sun May 08, 2016 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
majitzu
angel bean

missemma wrote:
Lurktacularr wrote:
corn flakes wrote:
They probably were like "are this the people we met early?"

But seriously is that a live record of whats up with the set/audience?
corn flakes
moon room

Sort of linked to spoiler tatinof:
:facepalm: :lol:
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Lurktacularr wrote: Mate I hope they did cos I bet it cracked them right up. They're used to seeing teenagers with cat whiskers drawn on their faces screeching and then one night they spot some middle aged nose perverts up front giving it some to HSM after a skinful you'd have made their night
I remember air guitaring along to Black Parade and whatever Fall Out Boy song they played - we were going for it. Me & Maz even pretended to be Gabriella and Troy from HSM, dance moves and all in the aisle. We were seriously rocking it (not).
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lilMango
morning quiff

^^ that's amazing. I have nothing else to contribute. :lol:
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

This new Toronto security is so uncomfortable that he gave himself a whiplash
oqua