Dan & Phil Part 11: Kinda queer and terrible #ComeTogether

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

Okay this is the transcript about the yeezy shirt of the liveshow of 14th May, starting at 29:49, the "..." bit is where lag happened and I don't know what he was saying.
Dan: It's not... item of clothing I actually wear, it's a free camouflage t shirt that i got with...Yee..s
Phil:...
Dan: Cuz the guy that gave me the yeezy shoes went to the actual season two show, and everybody who went got a free t shirt, so he gave me the free t shirt, with shoes. Which at the moment I wearing as my pajama top, and it wasn't... e... 100%...
Phil: You said...
Dan: in my pajama the... OMG what's happening. And, yeah.
I can't find the show where he was talking about other yeezy stuff, because it has been months, the time was before the brits and around him reacting to his baby video. I can't remember it was in one show or two shows but he talked about buying a pair of yeezy from ebay and getting a free yeezy from working at the bbc r1. But i could be wrong.

On a second look at the transcript I think it's possible that he got the shoes from ebay, and they guy who sold him the shoes also gave him the camo top for free. But it could also be that the guy gave him both the camo top and the yeezy shoes for free, which indicate that he has two pairs of yeezy shoes.

But whatever the truth is, there's an old saying in my country, a broken mirror can't be glued back together and looks as new, Dan have lost all of our trust and committed unspeakable crime of fashion. I'm joking obliviously :thumb:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Speaking of Dads and Dan and Phil, this is sort of off-topic but also adorable. Presley (a ten year old youtuber) is going to London next week and she and her dad made a video about what all they're doing in London. Her dad is hilarious talking about Dan and Phil. Relevant part starts around 7:50 in.

Her vlogs finding Dan and Phil's favorite stuff is gonna be adorable. (And I just love that her dad is so involved in her interests that he can reference their vlogs, too.)
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit weird to see how young some of the subscribers are?? Especially considering some of the jokes that Dan makes on his channel. I didn't really use the internet when I was ten. :o I guess times have changed.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
karma_yeah
philussy

[offtopic]When I was watching their radio show last August, I caught this brief shoulder rub from Dan to Phil and to me, it seemed like a more "intimate" act than you would see between #platonicbrofriends. I saw a couple of posts of it on tumblr but never really saw any discussion of it.

Does anyone else remember it?

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/Kl3hNkZu7ME[/YouTube][/offtopic]
What goes around, comes around Image
majitzu
angel bean

karma_yeah wrote:[offtopic]When I was watching their radio show last August, I caught this brief shoulder rub from Dan to Phil and to me, it seemed like a more "intimate" act than you would see between #platonicbrofriends. I saw a couple of posts of it on tumblr but never really saw any discussion of it.

Does anyone else remember it?

[/offtopic]
Don't use the youtu.be link, you need to put the normal website link for it to work.

That's cute, I can say anything more because I'm going back to study
loststars
living flop

Could they also have been filming something?
(c)itscomicdans
SquishPhan
capita£ester

loststars wrote: Could they also have been filming something?
Color me intrigued. I think this means that the 7 second app will be in one of their (react) videos.
majitzu
angel bean

credits

I laugh in this part. I was a little dissapointed when he return to sitting in the left :sideeye:
starlight-still
truth bomb

The insatiable sweet tooth of Philip M. Lester strikes again.:tsk:
DryCereal
koi pond

:breakfast:

We need a breakfast emoji. :roll:
(and Phil needs to change the effing record. jfc)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
hunnyftw
phabergé

yeah, agree with IckleMiss. At this point it seems impersonal. Maybe he always tweeted lots about breakfast and eating but it was easier to swallow because it got drowned in his other more interesting tweets. This tour he seems to be 80% silence, about 19% eat-tweeting and maybe 1% of something more interesting and that's me being quite generous :roll:

karma_yeah I tend to be phan agnostic and often roll my eyes at things people assume are non-platonic in their behaviour (and then I usually don't join the discussion because I don't want to accidentally insult the believers) but this... This actually got me. It's so beautifully gentle. Either it was a deeply affectionate gesture or Dan is one of those rare people who is just naturally very soft spoken and incredibly gentle with others. From what I've seen of him, I'm willing to bet more on the first option.
Last edited by hunnyftw on Sun May 15, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yupitsme
sofa crease

IckleMissMayhem wrote::breakfast:

I feel like he does it on purpose.. I mean, he cannot be so ignorant that he doesn't realise all his tweets are about cereal/milkshakes/pancakes now :facepalm: Even for a persona it seems a little one-sided
I would even appreciate houseplant talk right now :D
DryCereal
koi pond

I mean, I know stage/tour life can end up being a bit "get up, food, zone out, go to theatre, perform, hotel/travel, bed, repeat x-amount of times a week" but... I don't want that to be their experience of it.
Plus I already have plenty of people who feel the urge to tell me what they've eaten on any particular day, (occupational hazard!) so my patience wears thin...
bee
phabergé

IckleMissMayhem wrote:I mean, I know stage/tour life can end up being a bit "get up, food, zone out, go to theatre, perform, hotel/travel, bed, repeat x-amount of times a week" but... I don't want that to be their experience of it.
Plus I already have plenty of people who feel the urge to tell me what they've eaten on any particular day, (occupational hazard!) so my patience wears thin...
*has a vivid image of Phil being exhausted and on automatic with the tour*
Phil looking at his food. Wishing it was breakfast. But it's not. It almost never is.
Sometimes he looks at Dan on stage and imagines him to be food.
At night he looks up video's of people just pouring more breakfast. And eating it. Since he can't then. He lulls himself to sleep dreaming himself in a room with only breakfast foods, endless supplies.
In the morning he finishes eating breakfast and is sad afterwards it's now not breakfast anymore.
It's lunch. He has something breakfasty again. He looks at his phone. He tweets about breakfast foods. He smiles a brittle smile.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

bee wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:I mean, I know stage/tour life can end up being a bit "get up, food, zone out, go to theatre, perform, hotel/travel, bed, repeat x-amount of times a week" but... I don't want that to be their experience of it.
Phil looking at his food. Wishing it was breakfast. But it's not. It almost never is.
At night he looks up video's of people just pouring more breakfast. And eating it. Since he can't then. He lulls himself to sleep dreaming himself in a room with only breakfast foods, endless supplies.
In the morning he finishes eating breakfast and is sad afterwards it's now not breakfast anymore.
It's lunch. He has something breakfasty again. He looks at his phone. He tweets about breakfast foods. He smiles a brittle smile.
That was good.

I like the food related tweets, if only because of people's reactions to them, it amuses me. I'm a troll, I'll admit it.
spacecattle
smol bean

Regarding Phil's tweets, I feel he's always been more 'brand' conscious than Dan has and most likely thinks a lot more about the things he posts on social media. So I'm assuming that since they are on tour atm that he is limiting what he tweets about in order to not put anyone off coming to see them? I think Phil's is generally seen as the more 'kid friendly' channel and so just tweeting about cereal and food etc gives him a much more wholesome persona so that if younger fans want to go see them and their parents look up who Dan and Phil are, they will not find anything ''incriminating'' on Phil's page? Just a theory, obviously. But it would make sense, even Dan's tweets seems a little more tame the they did pre-tour, obviously not to the extent that Phil's are and his tweets are still ver ... Dan-like. But still, it might make sense to keep their most prevalent social media /clean/ for the duration of the tour ...
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

hunnyftw wrote:yeah, agree with IckleMiss. At this point it seems impersonal. Maybe he always tweeted lots about breakfast and eating but it was easier to swallow because it got drowned in his other more interesting tweets.
Was that an intentional play on words? :lol: I don't necessarily see little gestures like that as non-platonic, karma, but it's one of the things that makes me understand why people ship them. Most guy best friends that don't shy away from physical affection are quite rough and handsy with each other, and when Dan and Phil touch each other, it's very...gentle. I don't know how else to describe it. Then again, Dan and Phil are hardly manly men.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm a bit late to the Dan-is-lying-about-getting-Yeezy-for-free discussion, but I definitely agree. I brought this up on the old site, but with his history of lying and my cynical viewpoint on basically everything, I don't think he's necessarily telling the truth. Perhaps he is in one of the situations (potato sack or camo -- who knows), but I find it hard to believe that a Kanye stan just happens to keep getting Kanye stuff for free.

He did mention buying the shoes and I think even the Yeezy t-shirt on eBay, but I really wouldn't be surprised if he bought the potato sack full price and just didn't want to admit it.

That all said, you do you, Dan. He's got the money and I'm a sucker for sweater-paws, so.... shell out. Drown yourself in Yeezy. I don't care.
IckleMissMayhem wrote::breakfast:

My offering is this nice depiction of Phil found on Google: Image
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

hunnyftw wrote: karma_yeah I tend to be phan agnostic and often roll my eyes at things people assume are non-platonic in their behaviour (and then I usually don't join the discussion because I don't want to accidentally insult the believers) but this... This actually got me. It's so beautifully gentle. Either it was a deeply affectionate gesture or Dan is one of those rare people who is just naturally very soft spoken and incredibly gentle with others. From what I've seen of him, I'm willing to bet more on the first option.
And the cheeky grin, he looks like he just said/did something that he shouldn't.
hunnyftw
phabergé

SquishPhan wrote:
bee wrote:
That was good.

I like the food related tweets, if only because of people's reactions to them, it amuses me. I'm a troll, I'll admit it.
That was very good indeed. And the word brekfast has lost all its meaning. Squish, you say you're a troll, but I'm sat here seriously wondering if all this breakfast-tweeting isn't Phil trolling
bedhead91 wrote:
hunnyftw wrote:yeah, agree with IckleMiss. At this point it seems impersonal. Maybe he always tweeted lots about breakfast and eating but it was easier to swallow because it got drowned in his other more interesting tweets.
Was that an intentional play on words? :lol:
You bet! If Phil isn't able to amuse me I have to resort to amusing myself. if you dont ding me i'll ding myself
DryCereal
koi pond

bee wrote:
MAYBE he did smack his head falling at Playlist and this is all just some bizarre concussion-dream...!!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

I made the breakfast emoji. lol. Good suggestion rizzo. :thumb:

And can I just say that contrast between Phil's tweets and Dan's is kind of astounding? Like, Dan's off reclaiming the word "queer" and Phil's just tweeting about his freaking breakfast foods.
busy being happy~
jess
living flop

spacecattle wrote:Regarding Phil's tweets, I feel he's always been more 'brand' conscious than Dan
I'm starting to believe that prediabetes is Phil's brand. I think he might be an investor in a super PAC investing in ALL THE DIABETES DRUGS.
DryCereal
koi pond

jess wrote:
spacecattle wrote:Regarding Phil's tweets, I feel he's always been more 'brand' conscious than Dan
I'm starting to believe that prediabetes is Phil's brand. I think he might be an investor in a super PAC investing in ALL THE DIABETES DRUGS.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

oqua wrote::breakfast:

I made the breakfast emoji. lol. Good suggestion rizzo. :thumb:
Yay! LMAO @ the caption when you hover over it. Ain't it the truth.

(Also. Have no idea why the emoji in my last post suddenly got huge - sorry peeps!)
jess wrote:
That's his secret project. He's working alongside Paula Dean. Gotta keep making the big bucks if they want to afford a new bus every week!