Dan & Phil Part 11: Kinda queer and terrible #ComeTogether

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Anonymousse wrote:Don't get caught in their web.
This is offensive.

Nice avatar.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Wowza. You're all so excited about the vine i'm starting to doubt if i'm an actual human. I think you're reading all way to much into this?
Let me try offer the 'anti' phan perspective here, even though my heart is pure

First things first: we're talking about a 4 second clip. There's little information to go on and evaluate his answer here. It's not even clear what the question was (I've read different things on the links provided the last 2 or so pages).

If you see this as Dan admitting they're in a relationship, you have to add stuff between the lines and believe that he's telling more than he's strictly saying. Correct me if i'm wrong, but to interpret his words as a comment on their own relationship rather than a flat out answer to an isg-related question, you have to think he's saying something like
"Stalking him until he loves you, right ... like i have stalked Phil until he loved me. And now we are a couple".

That's not necessarily what he meant. It's an interpretation of his words but there's nothing in there that objectively points to the fact that he's talking about himself and Phil.
Logically speaking, he's answering a question so he's most likely addressing the girl that asked for advice. If you think they're together and if you think that's how Dan went about starting a relationship with Phil you can see your beliefs confirmed by claiming he's really talking about himself ... but is that fact or wishful thinking?

They must be aware that the majority of the audience that comes to visit their show are shipping them or at least familiar with some of the 'shipping canon'. I think Dan knew he was referencing the old answers he gave about meeting Phil, before he changed his stance on that to 'just the editing tips'.
What his exact intentions were is very hard to say. It could be his sense of humor. Purposefully offering bad advice and stating exactly the opposite of what he believes. He's a big troll. He could be stirring up the crowd, servicing the phans (it would explain the 'there we go' after the wild audience screaming ;) .
I don't think however that he meant it as a tacit admission they are in a relationship.
Last edited by Stakhanov on Sun May 22, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
galaxies
smol bean

bluebox-away wrote:When it rain it pours? Either way we now also have a cute insta selfie at the white house!
Edit: lol I got there before he'd tweeted it here's the captioned version:
is it me who just thinks they both look slightly uncomfortable? did phil spank dan numerous times for saying that thing at tatinof? or did phil send angry dms to him because of it? find out on next week's episode!
Last edited by galaxies on Sun May 22, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

spider wrote:
Anonymousse wrote:Don't get caught in their web.
This is offensive.

Nice avatar.
Petition to send you to their tourbuss bedroom wall!?

Thanks, I fell in the trashcan and died

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

fakelights
living flop

Ablissa wrote: I don't think they can have much of a sense of security at TATINOF because hey, I'm sure they're aware that some people film tiny bits of the tour, plus if you say something in front of however many people come to their show, it's bound to get out (even if without proof). So I don't know really... Maybe he just doesn't care anymore
Yes, but the filming doesn't always happen and something without proof doesn't go that far in this fandom and even if it did make people believe, it would probably be dismissed in the long run. And bedhead91 put it in a better way than I did, so...
bedhead91 wrote: He has that sense of security because he's such a troll that nobody ever knows when he's joking or not, and right now he's completely taking advantage of it. All of us will be written off by the mainstream media as crazy shippers reading too much into things, and that will be the end of it. Everyone already thinks we are annoying and delusional, and nobody outside of the Phandom will even understand the significance of that answer or what it refers to. ;) Very clever. :clapping:
With his 'everything is a joke' thing we never know (but I want to believe)

Cute pic, Phil
Philena
blobfish

Where's the post-sex cigarette emoji?
Cheers, friends!
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

Anonymousse wrote:They are trying to sidetrack us from the IMPORTANT THINGS!

Don't get caught in their web.
Too late, that already happened like a year ago. :lol:
spider
ar·tic·u·late

Anonymousse wrote:Petition to send you to their tourbuss bedroom wall!?
Signed.

gnostic
stress mushroom

Does Dan always retweet their selfies and vice versa? I am now randomly cuted out by that
Just here for the marketing skills
loststars
living flop

2old4thisshite wrote:Is there any chance of a 'headless chicken running around screaming' emoji because that's me.

UHMHMmmHMm totally? It kind of fits into his *wink-wink-nudge-nudge* comments but he really keeps getting bolder and bolder to the point where it's a bit overwhelming? :shock: Totally agree about the 'everything is a joke' schtick, they can get away with a lot. And with their mastered 'we-re-bros' training we still doubt such comments BUT WE'RE GETTING CLOSE and he says this so confidently, love it I want to stay as unbiased as I can despite the that are mostly present on my face but Mulder sometimes whispers in my ear about believing :?

and the selfie Ich kann nicht
(c)itscomicdans
DryCereal
koi pond

I seriously would not be surprised if they're either lurking, or registered here. Every time we get to about page 35-37 on a main topic thread they do something just to provide a new topic title!

As for not knowing/expecting that would get out? BS. There's what? 1500-2000 people (potentially) in those venues, word will get out whether or not anyone is sneakily filming... And he isn't stupid. Can just imagine Phil in the wings either with his head in his hands going "Dan, WHYYYYYY?!!" Or watching with a cheeky grin. Either way makes me goofy smile.

That selfie is cute too.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

gnostic wrote:Does Dan always retweet their selfies and vice versa? I am now randomly cuted out by that
He usually does, he retweeted phil's picture with IISuperwomanII and Natalie and the one at the Niagara Falls.
:biheart:
newslang
phillion/danosaur <//3

bluebox-away wrote:When it rain it pours? Either way we now also have a cute insta selfie at the white house!
Please don't mention that Fall Out Boy song, I can't listen to it now without thinking of them and and it's the worst.

I came out of lurkdom just to say I hate them, that is all. When I say hate I mean I love these nerds.
swofro
angel bean

Are we voting yet? Page 38 and still going fast.
Love is forever
spider
ar·tic·u·late

IckleMissMayhem wrote:As for not knowing/expecting that would get out? BS. There's what? 1500-2000 people (potentially) in those venues, word will get out whether or not anyone is sneakily filming...
Word of mouth isn't taken seriously as video proof. People took the 'run off to Japan with your boyfriend' answer with a grain of salt because there wasn't a recording to look at and see how he meant it. This time there is video to look at for tone and facial expression. And the result is this trash can is getting really cramped with the ex phan agnostics.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

TIme to vote! http://www.strawpoll.me/10284801

(Lol like it's actually a competition...)

busy being happy~
hunnyftw
phabergé

tbh do we even need a poll? I feel like we could probably do some kind of acclamation vote with this one
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

spider wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:As for not knowing/expecting that would get out? BS. There's what? 1500-2000 people (potentially) in those venues, word will get out whether or not anyone is sneakily filming...
Word of mouth isn't taken seriously as video proof. People took the 'run off to Japan with your boyfriend' answer with a grain of salt because there wasn't a recording to look at and see how he meant it. This time there is video to look at for tone and facial expression. And the result is this trash can is getting really cramped with the ex phan agnostics.
This last sentence is a great image.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

newslang wrote:
Please don't mention that Fall Out Boy song, I can't listen to it now without thinking of them and and it's the worst.

I came out of lurkdom just to say I hate them, that is all. When I say hate I mean I love these nerds.
Oh wow I didn't make that connection at all, 'when it rains it pours' is just a phrase I use I guess? Now that I'm thinking about the lyrics they do fit them oops sorry?
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

what i meant about a sense of security with the no filming policy in shows is that yes it obviously will get out but it won't get out //of the phandom//, and i am every day more convinced they don't really care about what their more hardcore fans think/know of their relationship

and not every important moment from the shows gets filmed, we don't have a video of the 'running away to japan with your boyfriend' or the 'dil do(ll)' moment (lmao why did i randomly remember that)

so i dont think it's that crazy to think he might have assumed it would spread around as a rumour with no actual proof that no person outside the phandom would take seriously or even find out about

hell, even with those few seconds of video i don't think anyone outside the phandom will find out about it unless they decide to do a lot of research for some reason
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Woah just woke up and saw new pages and thought there was a new video, but I guess this few second clip justifiably warrants this

I enjoy how happy Dan comes across in the clip.
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

a few photos from them a week is all i ask while they're on tour so thank u phil for the last two n.n

also i'm not even gonna try to look for the antiphan side of that vid, i'm and the are now glued to my face
i think dan really cant help himself sometimes it's just like the phil trash#1 moment, there was no need to go there but he just did it without a second thought

btw phil's photo pretty much confirms that they do hang out with the merch crew but have probs asked the peeps there to not post any photo of them together
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

trashqueen wrote:what i meant about a sense of security with the no filming policy in shows is that yes it obviously will get out but it won't get out //of the phandom//, and i am every day more convinced they don't really care about what their more hardcore fans think/know of their relationship

and not every important moment from the shows gets filmed, we don't have a video of the 'running away to japan with your boyfriend' or the 'dil do(ll)' moment (lmao why did i randomly remember that)

so i dont think it's that crazy to think he might have assumed it would spread around as a rumour with no actual proof that no person outside the phandom would take seriously or even find out about

hell, even with those few seconds of video i don't think anyone outside the phandom will find out about it unless they decide to do a lot of research for some reason
Even if people outside the phandom find this video, they wouldn't understand the reference so I agree with you here
:biheart:
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

People trying really hard to vote for something else, but the new thread name is basically set.

love you guyze

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

daichii wrote: btw phil's photo pretty much confirms that they do hang out with the merch crew but have probs asked the peeps there to not post any photo of them together
What do you mean? Someone posted a tweet a few pages back that where a merch person said that they don't hang w/ D+P.