Dan & Phil Part 11: Kinda queer and terrible #ComeTogether

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Philena
blobfish

daichii wrote:btw phil's photo pretty much confirms that they do hang out with the merch crew but have probs asked the peeps there to not post any photo of them together
Have to disagree with you there. Just because they are all sightseeing does not mean they were sightseeing together.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i love it because either way he could say it wasn't actually true. he didn't technically stalk phil so of course it was a joke. but it is also a joke about something very #relatable and true, just an exaggeration of it in a way we appreciate. it shows it was planned (albeit last minute) and not a slip up, and is something we were meant to hear and interpret.
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
gnostic
stress mushroom

And it's not like a little #phanproof is gonna hurt them if they're in actual closet (or if they're trolling for that matter). I mean, 90% of their fans already convinced they're together, unless it's something super concrete the world's not gonna explode

(almost wrote until there, phew, getting my antiphan mojo back on)
Just here for the marketing skills
newslang
phillion/danosaur <//3

galaxies wrote:
is it me who just thinks they both look slightly uncomfortable? did phil spank dan numerous times for saying that thing at tatinof? or did phil send angry dms to him because of it? find out on next week's episode!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Don't give the fanfiction writers more ideas.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

jaej wrote:i love it because either way he could say it wasn't actually true. he didn't technically stalk phil so of course it was a joke. but it is also a joke about something very #relatable and true, just an exaggeration of it in a way we appreciate. it shows it was planned (albeit last minute) and not a slip up, and is something we were meant to hear and interpret.
Basically been trying to think of a way to work this and you worded it perfectly so I'll just throw a in your direction, I totally agree with this analysis.
gnostic
stress mushroom

newslang wrote:
galaxies wrote:
is it me who just thinks they both look slightly uncomfortable? did phil spank dan numerous times for saying that thing at tatinof? or did phil send angry dms to him because of it? find out on next week's episode!
This got me thinking should probably orchestrate some TENSION in their relationship, maybe throw some hints the #phandivorced way, to keep the speculation going and the cash flowing. Someone tweet it at them or something
Just here for the marketing skills
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

gnostic wrote:
newslang wrote:
galaxies wrote:
This got me thinking should probably orchestrate some TENSION in their relationship, maybe throw some hints the #phandivorced way, to keep the speculation going and the cash flowing. Someone tweet it at them or something
Yeah I'd like to see some angst from time to time, not too much just enough to make us speculate like you said
:biheart:
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

alittledizzy wrote:
jaej wrote:i love it because either way he could say it wasn't actually true. he didn't technically stalk phil so of course it was a joke. but it is also a joke about something very #relatable and true, just an exaggeration of it in a way we appreciate. it shows it was planned (albeit last minute) and not a slip up, and is something we were meant to hear and interpret.
Basically been trying to think of a way to work this and you worded it perfectly so I'll just throw a in your direction, I totally agree with this analysis.

and it's also a joke he has made about phil before (phil trash number one, stalk them until they become your best friend, etc), so we know that he was referring to phil when saying this, the only new thing about it is that the girl was asking about her crush (she confirmed it on twitter, it was not about friendship as that rumour said) and that he said 'until he loves you'

it's such a subtle difference but it means so much

and even with all of that, it //is// still a joke, no doubt about that, but the reason it's funny is because there's obviously something behind it, and for some reason that i can't figure out for the life of me and it's killing me, dan suddenly is okay referencing it with a romantic undertone
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
spider
ar·tic·u·late

IckleMissMayhem wrote:I seriously would not be surprised if they're either lurking, or registered here. Every time we get to about page 35-37 on a main topic thread they do something just to provide a new topic title!
Going back to this to say my new theory. They compete to say the quote that will be the next thread title. You guys can decide what the prize or punishment is. :lol:
jaej wrote:i love it because either way he could say it wasn't actually true. he didn't technically stalk phil so of course it was a joke.
The problem is he used the wording 'stalking' a lot of times to say how he got Phil to notice him. It wasn't real 'stalking' but it doesn't matter what it really was because Dan said himself he 'stalked' Phil until he noticed. The actions don't matter. Only how Dan describes them.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

gnostic wrote:And it's not like a little #phanproof is gonna hurt them if they're in actual closet (or if they're trolling for that matter). I mean, 90% of their fans already convinced they're together, unless it's something super concrete the world's not gonna explode

(almost wrote until there, phew, getting my antiphan mojo back on)
I think that people's reactions here suggest that not everyone is convinced that they are together. I think their most vocal fans are, but I've for sure seen communities of people who are antiphan or phanagnostic. On that note, it seems that the antiphan mod isn't even considering the vine as relevant to phan. I wonder what its like to be that blind.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

NarrysCanary wrote:
gnostic wrote:
newslang wrote:
galaxies wrote:
Yeah I'd like to see some angst from time to time, not too much just enough to make us speculate like you said
Stop it guys, I have enough on my plate in this fandom with Dan playing mind games with me and not knowing how long I need to wait for a video. We don't need more angst. :lol:
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Why are they doing this to us?

This is mass Phanocide.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

i'm pretty sure this is the most lurkers and online users we have had since the forum was created and everyone was here registering and stuff

cheers for our first phan meltdown on idb
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
SquishPhan
capita£ester

bedhead91 wrote:
NarrysCanary wrote:
gnostic wrote: This got me thinking should probably orchestrate some TENSION in their relationship, maybe throw some hints the #phandivorced way, to keep the speculation going and the cash flowing. Someone tweet it at them or something
Stop it guys, I have enough on my plate in this fandom with Dan playing mind games with me and not knowing how long I need to wait for a video. We don't need more angst. :lol:
I agree with you. For me, the angst can stay far away.
Ablissa
pastel persona

bedhead91 wrote:
NarrysCanary wrote:
gnostic wrote:
newslang wrote:
galaxies wrote:
THIS. Please , don't give us angst. If I want angst, I'll go read a fanfic. I can't handle real Phan angst. :lol:
Last edited by Ablissa on Sun May 22, 2016 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

I still really don't know what to make of it all, I'm so confused, but without a doubt Dan must have been aware of the effect what he said would have, he's not stupid.
Trying to understand the motivation behind it is driving me crazy

Also this m&g photo made me laugh with the way that Dan has perched the beanie (to not ruin his hair?), Phil looks really adorable in his beanie they need to wear more hats it's a good look
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Anonymousse wrote:Why are they doing this to us?

This is mass Phanocide.
They're actually trying to kill us all, they've planned everything years ago :lol: .
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Ablissa wrote:
bedhead91 wrote:
NarrysCanary wrote:
gnostic wrote:
newslang wrote:
galaxies wrote:
THIS. Please , don't give us angst. If I want angst, I'll go read a fanfic. I can't handle real Phan angst. :lol:
Oh but I don't want real phan angst either just a tweet from dan like " I've caught Phil eating my cereal again, this time was the last straw" or something
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

Philena wrote:
daichii wrote:btw phil's photo pretty much confirms that they do hang out with the merch crew but have probs asked the peeps there to not post any photo of them together
Have to disagree with you there. Just because they are all sightseeing does not mean they were sightseeing together.
u think so? seems kinda weird to me that they all went to the same place around the same time but wouldn't hang out
SquishPhan
capita£ester

NarrysCanary wrote:
Anonymousse wrote:Why are they doing this to us?

This is mass Phanocide.
They're actually trying to kill us all, they've planned everything years ago :lol: .
They truly are evil masterminds. :lol:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

In the end who can really tell with these two. i think the nature of falling in the Derpy rabbit hole is that you start analyzing every glance, joke, tweet or vid and try to look for clues that imply that they are or aren't together. Which makes us very vulnerable to confirmation bias and any sort of manipulation. Much of their real life is a big mystery, they are quite good at keeping private what they want.
My money is on them being just going with the whole sexual ambiguity/phan thing because it's popular, a lot of their most loyal fans want it to be true and trying to deny it didn't help. If you think about it, their whole position as teen idols is a bit awkward. Phil is 30, dan 26 (?). You're not going to convince me that they are mentally stuck in their teens or actually have a Peter Pan complex (that would be sad really ). Path dependency brought them this current public image and really what choice do they have except to roll with it? To answer that, they could ofc adapt their content to more closely reflect who they really are right now, but that would be a risk, and they've become so good at what they are doing now and hopefully somewhat genuinely like it
From the start, their looks and sexual ambiguity have been part of their popularity, and they have used it. Draw Phil naked, sexy end screen dance, nakedbooth milestones ... i think they all meant it very tongue-in-cheek and even if it was more calculated then i don't really blame them, because so many people use the power of attraction to garner and audience.
I doubt they predicted it would bring them here. The force is strong
To go for the cheesy pun: If you play with the fire that is in teens hearts, you can get badly burned. So when it comes to any coming out, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place and I don't expect them to really open up if they expect it will anger a large part of the fanbase.

Idk, my antiphan resolve can waiver too with good wine and a cheeky smile accompanied by a sexual innuendo ... but my mind tells me i know better ;-)
Last edited by Stakhanov on Sun May 22, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
daphenaxa
blobfish

lol I wish I could get more excited by this all. I see everyone on twitter and here freaking out and I am just here thinking "yeah that's a cute cheeky answer and Dan is cute saying it". end. and that's not because I don't think they are together because I am convinced they are since the beginning I watched them. But i guess the perpetual are they aren't they and everyone freaking out at everything they say is just running old for me. That's not what i signed up for even though i ship them as much as the next person don't get me wrong. Then again what I signed up for is long dead.

all my recent posts make me feel like a grumpy granny complaining non stop but what can I do. sorry
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

gnostic wrote:
newslang wrote:
galaxies wrote:
haha i would love to have a bit more drama from them (there's enough in the phandom)
i guess thats why people like to make things up abt them going their separate ways after the tour, we need some angst xD not a break up tho
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

daphenaxa wrote:lol I wish I could get more excited by this all. I see everyone on twitter and here freaking out and I am just here thinking "yeah that's a cute cheeky answer and Dan is cute saying it". end. and that's not because I don't think they are together because I am convinced they are since the beginning I watched them. But i guess the perpetual are they aren't they and everyone freaking out at everything they say is just running old for me. That's not what i signed up for even though i ship them as much as the next person don't get me wrong. Then again what I signed up for is long dead.

all my recent posts make me feel like a grumpy granny complaining non stop but what can I do. sorry
i can't help but totally agree with you here. to me, dan's comment is equal to his over-the-top wink regarding touching phil's butt in obama llama. i want so badly for this to be something different or special or any of his random pro-phan comments to be moving toward a coming out (as a couple), but all i see is fan service. and not of the negative variety. but they know what we want to hear and dan, especially, is willing to say it. tatinof spoiler reference ahead...
frankly, it's just the same as the whole cowboy ~paint me like one of your french girls~ non-sense.
idk. lol i feel like i'm a negative nancy in every post too. :lol:
Last edited by rizzo on Sun May 22, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

@Daphenaxa. Don't worry you're no complaining grumpy granny. At worst you're a middle aged nose pervert ;-) I get exactly what you mean. Maybe it's my more reserved nature, or just because i approach everything that they do they say as 50 percent a joke 50 percent a truth hidden as a joke but i'm happy to just ship them, ironically.
I'm happy for all the people that get genuinely excited about all of these situations though. It wouldn't make much sense to be here if i didn't at least like stalking their every move a bit.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly