Dan & Phil Part 11: Kinda queer and terrible #ComeTogether

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

(← previous thread)

Please continue continue to discuss our two favorite

CUTE BOYS WITH BROWN AND BLACK HAIR. :D

Hopefully we all enjoyed Eurovision 2016 (and Deppy's tweets about it)!
PSA about the thread name: http://indepthbants.com/topic60-125.html#p15565
busy being happy~
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Ablissa wrote:
sweetmm wrote:[offtopic]Ablisaa Jaspar are normal lad mates, typical way of how guy friends (close and does not even have to be best friends) interact with each other, I would say how Jaspar act is the same of how Marcus was/is.[/offtopic]

relationship may differ on the fact that they themselves are not typical "lads"so even on that simple basis we can't compare it to Jaspar, Narcus etc...
Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess it just never really hit me how different act until I started watching some Joe/Caspar collabs. It's like a whole different world, and while their personalities play a part in it of course, I think the dynamics of their relationship do too.
Yep also the history, lets not talk about how they initially interacted, but the fact that they had been together as "friends" for over six years cements their unique relationship. Those who has been longer than them would be Jack & Dean as a comparison.
Philena
blobfish

Love the thread name, guys! (And the thoughtful psa) Was this the most unanimous thread naming yet?
sweetmm
angel bean

Just need to repost it here, the first is cause its adorbs and the second is a rare pic of Dan's hands on a fan :lol:
SquishPhan wrote:
lilMango
morning quiff

^^ so cute!!!
OT but is there a Vidcon thread? If anyone else is going, we should talk about it now that the agenda and lottery are up!
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
Winston
flower crown

sweetmm wrote:
Ablissa wrote:
sweetmm wrote:[offtopic]Ablisaa Jaspar are normal lad mates, typical way of how guy friends (close and does not even have to be best friends) interact with each other, I would say how Jaspar act is the same of how Marcus was/is.[/offtopic]

relationship may differ on the fact that they themselves are not typical "lads"so even on that simple basis we can't compare it to Jaspar, Narcus etc...
Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess it just never really hit me how different act until I started watching some Joe/Caspar collabs. It's like a whole different world, and while their personalities play a part in it of course, I think the dynamics of their relationship do too.
Yep also the history, lets not talk about how they initially interacted, but the fact that they had been together as "friends" for over six years cements their unique relationship. Those who has been longer than them would be Jack & Dean as a comparison.
I started with Rhett and Link. They have been together forever. .. since childhood. Completely different chemistry from deppy. Even with out knowledge of their history one looks much more couple -y where the other looks like just great friends. Everyone I show deppy to they all have the same opinion...with out my encouragement since I want to see if I am delusional ( for science). I also show them R&L and get the same conclusion, good friends. Just like how I see Joe and Casper and Marcus and what's his face. ..friends/bros.
actions speak louder than words
sweetmm
angel bean

lilMango wrote:^^ so cute!!!
OT but is there a Vidcon thread? If anyone else is going, we should talk about it now that the agenda and lottery are up!
emma correct me if I am wrong, there is a thread for the tour in Cali (Costa Mesa & Hollywood), but the vidcon itself I think you can discuss it here in the main thread?
sweetmm
angel bean

Winston wrote:
sweetmm wrote: Yep also the history, lets not talk about how they initially interacted, but the fact that they had been together as "friends" for over six years cements their unique relationship. Those who has been longer than them would be Jack & Dean as a comparison.
I started with Rhett and Link. They have been together forever. .. since childhood. Completely different chemistry from deppy. Even with out knowledge of their history one looks much more couple -y where the other looks like just great friends. Everyone I show deppy to they all have the same opinion...with out my encouragement since I want to see if I am delusional ( for science). I also show them R&L and get the same conclusion, good friends. Just like how I see Joe and Casper and Marcus and what's his face. ..friends/bros.
Yeah spot on, I mentioned J&D as I wanted to give a more "equal" comparison as moved in the same circle since back in 2019 and they supposedly have the same "culture". Yep I went there British bro vs American bro difference in lads culture :lol: I am not sure about US version, but British guys especially uni age normally have no boundaries with their mates that sometimes for outsiders may think they are more than just friends, they are very comfortable with each others space ;)
lilMango
morning quiff

sweetmm wrote:
emma correct me if I am wrong, there is a thread for the tour in Cali (Costa Mesa & Hollywood), but the vidcon itself I think you can discuss it here in the main thread?
Ok, I was just wondering cuz there's gonna be a fan meetup and a few different panels and i was curious if anyone else was gonna go
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Philena wrote:Love the thread name, guys! (And the thoughtful psa) Was this the most unanimous thread naming yet?
Think so! It won by a landslide 90%, 124 votes! :lol: but then it is a great thread name, thanks Dan for tweeting that
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

kinda OT already but I just finished watching the ls, gosh I missed them so much!
laggy af but it wasn't the spon fest I was so afraid of!

ngl the tour has been boring af so far, just a couple of photos that stand out but mostly everything feels like a rehash from where I'm seating. It has been hard to stay invested in them, but seeing how happy they are makes me feel slightly guilty for wishing the whole thing ends asap xD

you already mentioned pretty much all my favorite moments, but the best part out of the whole thing was just this kinda childish happiness look in Phil's eyes, like they were just sparkling and it transmited all that happiness to me, so no doubt the ls left me with a warm fuzzy feeling that I will be glad to go back to several times :) a very rewatchable show just for that and nvm all the domestic phan moments

Also... PLEASE Dan or Phil end the #busgate missery and make a tour bus vid or a sketchy one about life on the road. Idc if it is phan proof or not, I just want to see the damn thing from the inside because nosy af

Re: Dan's tweets, jfc how are we suppossed to take that? Even if phan is not real, Dan's development from 2012 til date is a beautiful thing to watch! Love the thread title btw xD

Re: vidcon and again OT xD the panels look so interesting! I have so much hope for the one about the first vid, I truly hope they won't drop out of them
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

lilMango wrote:
sweetmm wrote:
Ok, I was just wondering cuz there's gonna be a fan meetup and a few different panels and i was curious if anyone else was gonna go
I think the best place would be in the main thread for Dan and Phil convention panel discussion, meet ups and reviews as vidcon doesn't have a specific tatinof show attached to it. If you want to make a thread to discuss the pre-vidcon information like arranging to meet others (safely ofc) and the lottery then you could make a thread for that but there is already a youtube events thread if you wanted to discuss it there.

Hope that helps :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
lilMango
morning quiff

missemma wrote:
I think the best place would be in the main thread for Dan and Phil convention panel discussion, meet ups and reviews as vidcon doesn't have a specific tatinof show attached to it. If you want to make a thread to discuss the pre-vidcon information like arranging to meet others (safely ofc) and the lottery then you could make a thread for that but there is already a youtube events thread if you wanted to discuss it there.

Hope that helps :)
Alright, thanks, I'll be in the YouTube events thread for people who wanna talk VidCon
Bassoonage
drama llama

[offtopic]Did anyone catch in the liveshow when they said there was going to be something different in the Vegas show for Dan's birthday? I was trying to pick it up, but the lag was so bad. Also if there are going to be that many fans there for TATINOF how can they expect to not be spotted partying and stuff? Are they just going to club it up with each other and stand in the corner and not dance or anything? Or hit up Chip N Dale's? Or have a private youtuber party?[/offtopic]
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

Bassoonage wrote:[offtopic]Did anyone catch in the liveshow when they said there was going to be something different in the Vegas show for Dan's birthday? I was trying to pick it up, but the lag was so bad.[/offtopic]
What I could understand was that they added a few dates for special shows that would be a little different from the others (I thinks it's to spice up the documentary).
If there's more than one special show then it's not because of Dan's birthday but that show could still be one of the different ones.
But the lag was real so I'm just hoping that I did understand the situation correctly. :?
leisurely
squish

Under spoiler because very off topic and insignificant
[offtopic]Just rewatching the liveshow and I noticed during the danception in the beginning that they have a new Macbook (the space grey version of this http://www.apple.com/au/macbook/ ) I didn't see that anyone picked up on it and not that it's that interesting, but I was just wondering why they would need a new one? Do you think it's just for this tour as it's much smaller and lighter? This is the first time I've seen either of them use it so they probably bought it recently. [/offtopic]
Bassoonage
drama llama

leisurely wrote:Under spoiler because very off topic and insignificant
[offtopic]Just rewatching the liveshow and I noticed during the danception in the beginning that they have a new Macbook (the space grey version of this http://www.apple.com/au/macbook/ ) I didn't see that anyone picked up on it and not that it's that interesting, but I was just wondering why they would need a new one? Do you think it's just for this tour as it's much smaller and lighter? This is the first time I've seen either of them use it so they probably bought it recently. [/offtopic]
hmmm my thoughts would be that they normally have their computer's at home and don't use their laptops for work so maybe they needed a laptop with more power while they were traveling? Like maybe their normal laptops don't have any upgrades or anything.

I'm a musician so if I'm editing a performance or a recital poster and am on a basic MAC it will crash nonstop and I'll risk losing my work if I try to run Photoshop, any video or sound editor editor, and the internet at the same time. Upgrades are pretty much a necessity.
sweetmm
angel bean

Bassoonage wrote:
hmmm my thoughts would be that they normally have their computer's at home and don't use their laptops for work so maybe they needed a laptop with more power while they were traveling? Like maybe their normal laptops don't have any upgrades or anything.

I'm a musician so if I'm editing a performance or a recital poster and am on a basic MAC it will crash nonstop and I'll risk losing my work if I try to run Photoshop, any video or sound editor editor, and the internet at the same time. Upgrades are pretty much a necessity.
Also its best to have their working laptop separate from personal so that anyone else in the tour can work on whatever required on the laptop without them worried colleagues/staff accidentally find something in it or break it.
l8er_sk8er
delia smith

Wow! Thank you for saying this! It was bothering me,but I couldn't understand why his usuall macbook look so small in comparison to his hand and darker in colour. Haven't thought about a possability of a new computer.
Maybe its lighter and its easier to carry to the dressing room, or on touristy walks, maybe Dan just wanted new mac product in aesthetically pleasing color.
And thank you again.
kay
phabergé

Kinda OT? I can't quote the post from the previous thread but tymyky posted the video below when they mention snapchat, and I'd never seen it so I kept watching it after that and they do a really cute, low-key Q&A afterwards. It's when they're in NYC and their hashtag for the Q&A was #phanhattan Highlights include: who kills spiders at home, who's the better cook, what GoT house they're in, and making "hamster hands" to itch their noses. Check it out if you've got some time to spare, it made me feel all

Q&A starts at 29:36
also Phil looks really really good bye
akui
blobfish

OT and late to the party. Jaej's post is just i encourage her to drunk post more!

Also dizzy and phamnotof i was joking about the "hetero mastermind". But we'll leave the conversation there. They probably are not as calculating as i think of them.

I'm confused about the #yeezygate. The potato sack is one that he got from radio 1 work, and he bought a pair of yeezy shoes on eBay, that was all pre brits this year. And then someone gave him a the camo top and another pair of yeezy recently, according to Dan. So if he wasn't lying he must've got the camo top and shoes around tine he was in Florida, since he started wear them around that time. So did someone gave to him during playlist or he also got them from BBC?
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

akui wrote: I'm confused about the #yeezygate. The potato sack is one that he got from radio 1 work, and he bought a pair of yeezy shoes on eBay, that was all pre brits this year. And then someone gave him a the camo top and another pair of yeezy recently, according to Dan. So if he wasn't lying he must've got the camo top and shoes around tine he was in Florida, since he started wear them around that time. So did someone gave to him during playlist or he also got them from BBC?
same here, the story is becoming so complicated (in true #danlies fashion) that i'm starting to believe it's all bullshit and he just doesn't want us to know he's throwing that much money at kanye for ridiculously expensive yet average looking clothing

but tbh u do u dan i am big fan of the potato sack so get more kanye clothes if you're gonna look that good on them
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
Poe
rainbow nerd

[offtopic]Did any of you guys see the recent tweets from Juliet (that merch girl)
Does this mean that Martyn and Cornelia have a bus for themselves? #busgate is getting really complicated Just throwing this one in here for the lols
[/offtopic]
I really believe that the #yeezygate is just Dan trying to not let his fans know that he spends a lot of money on expensive Kanye clothing and fugly shoes
blueapple_x
flower crown

Yeah I also think Dan lies about getting all this shiz for free. Another thing he likes to say a lot is that he has lots of coupons/vouchers for designer clothing. I'm sure both these claims are true in some instances/were true at one point, but it seems a bit excessive now that he's getting so many handouts lol.

Can someone explain the 'peng' thing to me? According to urban dictionary it just means attractive? Why did Phil have that reaction to Dan saying it? Is it a cringey UK slang? So many questions.
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

Ofc the best thread name won. Couldn't be anything else tbh.
blueapple_x wrote:Yeah I also think Dan lies about getting all this shiz for free. Another thing he likes to say a lot is that he has lots of coupons/vouchers for designer clothing. I'm sure both these claims are true in some instances/were true at one point, but it seems a bit excessive now that he's getting so many handouts lol.

Can someone explain the 'peng' thing to me? According to urban dictionary it just means attractive? Why did Phil have that reaction to Dan saying it? Is it a cringey UK slang? So many questions.
Completely agree about #yeezygate. I think he buys them but wants to look #relatable so doesn't want to admit it to the younger phandom who don't understand how much money they make.
The amount of Chanel unboxing I have seen this year so far (from yters with a 10th of the subs of Dan), him buying £1000 tops is not out of the question for me

Never heard peng said in Rl before. It is definitely not a Midlands thing, maybe it is a London thing they have picked up.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015