Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Bassoonage
drama llama

fancybum wrote:
2old4thisshite wrote:As the boring hetro-in-residence I see genuine denial of gayness in that compilation, without hidden bisexuality or 'struggling to identify my sexuality' or anything.

He's STRAIGHT Itellya!
So why is it predominantly men that he discusses these days rather than women when he makes suggestive (or even just casual) remarks about what attracts him? Strange behaviour for a defensive straight guy.

'Genuine denial of gayness' doesn't immediately mean 'straight' btw. What a world.
I personally am an anti-phan as well and think they both are probably bi or straight. I don't think being attracted to the same sex or talking about being attracted to the same sex means anything. I dated a guy for 9 years who would sleep in the same bed as his best guy friends, talk about "hot guys" and act very camp, but I knew him well enough to know that he would never suck on a penis. Seriously everyone asked me if my own boyfriend was gay and it got to the point where I was like 2012 Dan, but defending my boyfriend.

I just know so many guys that are just comfortable with themselves to be able to talk about being attracted to dudes and act feminine. I come across people like this a lot being a classical musician. I People that are very artsy I think are a bit more ambiguous. I know a lot of people that live alone or with male friends forever. Same goes for females. I know a lot that tend to be more masculine and also live with long term female friends, and also travel with them etc. Especially if they are business partners in a chamber group or something. Doesn't mean they have sexual relationships.

I also tend to see sexuality and masculinity/femininity as exclusive of each other and on a sliding scale. Maybe Dan was just not comfortable with how he was a guy that was into fashion and acted different from more typical masculine men who played football etc. He probably came out of his shell when he met Phil who was more like him, but then became popular on the internet and became uncomfortable. (especially after voldy) Maybe he kind of felt the need to overcompensate, but now is more comfortable? That's just how I see it. :?

Hope it made sense
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert
Pronouns: she/her

busy being happy~