Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Locked
coffee pig
woodland creature
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:37 pm
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''
Location: London

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by coffee pig » Fri May 27, 2016 5:50 pm

esso wrote:Pewdiepie takes a shot every time Dan and Phil show up in his tumblr tag. You think Dan and Phil will respond to this in any way? LOL

It's kind of cringe for the phandom to tag Dan and Phil in pewdiepie's tag but I thought the video was funny nonetheless.

I don't usually watch Felix's videos, but this was genuinely hilarious. I'm afraid to read the comments though, it always continues to surprise me how so many people don't seem to be able to understand a joke. At all.
daphenaxa wrote:
lol I use xD in my text msgs irl. never give up
I'm text-shaming you. :gg:
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }



angrymob
rainbow nerd
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:04 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by angrymob » Fri May 27, 2016 6:01 pm

sweetmm wrote:I'm glad he no longer wear those stuff around his wrists; I remembered the ugly theories that people came up with :?
I had forgotten how much of a walking emo stereotype he looked backed then. :?
Image

User avatar
eevee
emo goose
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 6:26 pm
Pronouns: She/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by eevee » Fri May 27, 2016 6:09 pm

angrymob wrote:
sweetmm wrote:I'm glad he no longer wear those stuff around his wrists; I remembered the ugly theories that people came up with :?
I had forgotten how much of a walking emo stereotype he looked backed then. :?
it was so beautiful tbh
Image
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia

mez29
phabergé
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:33 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by mez29 » Fri May 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Glad so many of you liked the video, thanks for the nice comments :D
fancybum wrote:I’m slightly confused about what conversation is even happening in general here

hollyphan
glabella
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:05 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by hollyphan » Fri May 27, 2016 6:12 pm

I found it quite fascinating, how quick Phil pulled that pen from Dans hand (at 9 sec.)
Phandom got me like..
Image

daphenaxa
blobfish
Posts: 680
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:32 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by daphenaxa » Fri May 27, 2016 6:17 pm

Drake's "yeah absolutely" was so distinguished. like what a fucking prince.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)

coffee pig
woodland creature
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:37 pm
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''
Location: London

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by coffee pig » Fri May 27, 2016 6:20 pm

eevee wrote:
angrymob wrote:
sweetmm wrote:I'm glad he no longer wear those stuff around his wrists; I remembered the ugly theories that people came up with :?
I had forgotten how much of a walking emo stereotype he looked backed then. :?
it was so beautiful tbh
This was definitely the year he looked most like a tall pretty lesbian. :) I get so nostalgic watching videos pre-2012/13, those were simpler times.

Also, I agree with you sweetmm. I've never understood why people were so obsessed with the notion that younger Dan might have self-harmed or had depression, just because he showcased signs of having normal teenage insecurity along with having an ''existential crisis'' period. It weirds me out a bit that people seem to look for signs that he's not emotionally healthy. Whatever they are getting out of it, I'm not entirely sure.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }

User avatar
Ablissa
interactive introvert
Posts: 1242
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by Ablissa » Fri May 27, 2016 6:32 pm

hollyphan wrote:I found it quite fascinating, how quick Phil pulled that pen from Dans hand (at 9 sec.)
I might be imagining things, but I really like both their voices here. They sound more like their actual selves instead of their personas. This is how I'd like to meet them if I ever could - provided it wouldn't be a nuisance for them.

Also, can anyone understand what is being said at the very beginning of the video, up until "do you want to sign this?" I'm not a native speaker and it eludes me...

User avatar
DryCereal
koi pond
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:59 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by DryCereal » Fri May 27, 2016 6:44 pm

hollyphan wrote:I found it quite fascinating, how quick Phil pulled that pen from Dans hand (at 9 sec.)
That's called "practice" ;)
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:

coffee pig
woodland creature
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:37 pm
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''
Location: London

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by coffee pig » Fri May 27, 2016 6:54 pm

NarrysCanary wrote:

He is wearing a ring in this video, at 15:16.

But I don't know where the picture is from, he does not tie his hair here.
I just realized....at 4:13, you can see that the girl drew one of Dan's naked Booths in a letter. Awkward. It's funny because he doesn't seem to be too embarrassed by it, but also doesn't acknowledge that the drawing is based off of a real picture. What an underhanded little liar you are, Dan.
Last edited by coffee pig on Fri May 27, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }

phamnotof
morning quiff
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:47 am
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by phamnotof » Fri May 27, 2016 6:58 pm

I'm always so fascinated by how different people get nostalgic for different 'eras' in the phandom. Like I only just joined at the beginning of this year and I quite honestly have this utter disconnect with D&P's early work - like, they're not who I fell in love with, I barely even recognize them. I honestly wouldn't be a fan of them, had I discovered them 4 years ago. I feel like they were different people back then as well as different creators. I do like seeing the beginnings of what I see in them now, because I do think that some things are constant, but overall - not for me, not my humor, not my people, not an energy that would attract me beyond 6 minutes at a time.

So it's always so strange to see people wishing Dan would go back to what I call his 'angry unhappy slutty problematic self' - and this isn't meant to be a judgmement, it's more that... I wonder if we're all just destined to miss the Them that we fell in love with & if there's an expiration date on my Dan and Phil, too. And it's not that I don't want them to go forward in the journey that I'm percieving them to be on (boy, do I) - but I do wonder if someday, they go so far that I feel like I can't recognize them anymore. (I guess this makes YT fandoms weird, the potential forever of their existance, and the fact that I'll have to one day decide if it's still for me, no nettwork cancelling my new faves can intervene FUCK YOU MTV eh sorry off topic :D. But yeah, I've been thinking about this lately.)

User avatar
Winston
flower crown
Posts: 704
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:35 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by Winston » Fri May 27, 2016 6:58 pm

bedhead91 wrote:
eevee wrote:
angrymob wrote:
sweetmm wrote:I'm glad he no longer wear those stuff around his wrists; I remembered the ugly theories that people came up with :?
I had forgotten how much of a walking emo stereotype he looked backed then. :?
it was so beautiful tbh
This was definitely the year he looked most like a tall pretty lesbian. :) I get so nostalgic watching videos pre-2012/13, those were simpler times.

Also, I agree with you sweetmm. I've never understood why people were so obsessed with the notion that younger Dan might have self-harmed or had depression, just because he showcased signs of having normal teenage insecurity along with having an ''existential crisis'' period. It weirds me out a bit that people seem to look for signs that he's not emotionally healthy. Whatever they are getting out of it, I'm not entirely sure.
I always wondered that too. Why would that be attractive. To me it would make me want to Cottle him not bang him. it seemed to me most people that loved the "hurting/damaged " Dan wanted to do the latter. Like that was part of his attention.
actions speak louder than words

ironic
lady door
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:57 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by ironic » Fri May 27, 2016 7:29 pm

My guess is they're either romanticizing depression or they don't understand what depression actually is or they get the wrong idea from the things he said. Even if he had some issues, making assumptions about someone's health or about self-harming is fucking invasive and can be really harmful, I wish people didn't do that.

On a different note, Pewdiepie's video was exceptionally funny. :lol: I liked how he talked about D&P, too.
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
Image

Bassoonage
drama llama
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by Bassoonage » Fri May 27, 2016 7:50 pm

hollyphan wrote:I found it quite fascinating, how quick Phil pulled that pen from Dans hand (at 9 sec.)
I'm more amazed at how clean Phil manages to keep his shoes. I can't walk out of the house without spilling something on myself. Those things are immaculate.
Image

User avatar
vortexofphan
drama llama
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:58 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by vortexofphan » Fri May 27, 2016 7:54 pm

On the romanticizing depression thing,
Winston wrote:
bedhead91 wrote:
eevee wrote:
angrymob wrote:
sweetmm wrote:I'm glad he no longer wear those stuff around his wrists; I remembered the ugly theories that people came up with :?
I had forgotten how much of a walking emo stereotype he looked backed then. :?
it was so beautiful tbh
This was definitely the year he looked most like a tall pretty lesbian. :) I get so nostalgic watching videos pre-2012/13, those were simpler times.

Also, I agree with you sweetmm. I've never understood why people were so obsessed with the notion that younger Dan might have self-harmed or had depression, just because he showcased signs of having normal teenage insecurity along with having an ''existential crisis'' period. It weirds me out a bit that people seem to look for signs that he's not emotionally healthy. Whatever they are getting out of it, I'm not entirely sure.
I always wondered that too. Why would that be attractive. To me it would make me want to Cottle him not bang him. it seemed to me most people that loved the "hurting/damaged " Dan wanted to do the latter. Like that was part of his attention.
ironic wrote:My guess is they're either romanticizing depression or they don't understand what depression actually is or they get the wrong idea from the things he said. Even if he had some issues, making assumptions about someone's health or about self-harming is fucking invasive and can be really harmful, I wish people didn't do that.

On a different note, Pewdiepie's video was exceptionally funny. :lol: I liked how he talked about D&P, too.
I think it's partly they don't understand it, teens often say 'I'm so depressed.' and they mean I'm sad the normal way people get sad, but I will called it depressed. Because everything is big and grand with teens, that's just how they are. And then they do want to coddle/parent him and seem big and important to him.

The other side would be teens who need a role model who is just like them. They're sad and actually suffering from depression, so they seek that out.They want to find someone who is like them. If they see an example of someone who, admittedly, wasn't a happy teen, and who now, is seemingly very happy and overcame that, it give them hope. In their head Dan was depressed and is living a wonderful life now, so they can too.

That said I agree, it's not a great thing for people to do, and sometimes it's gets to romanticized, some of the fics out there make me cringe so much, because of how much they've put these mental disorders on pedestal.
hollyphan wrote:I found it quite fascinating, how quick Phil pulled that pen from Dans hand (at 9 sec.)
He grabbed that so fast haha. My favorite is when they sign in sync, arms over each other. It's like damn guys.

User avatar
SquishPhan
mark of oxin
Posts: 2497
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:18 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by SquishPhan » Fri May 27, 2016 7:55 pm

phamnotof wrote:I'm always so fascinated by how different people get nostalgic for different 'eras' in the phandom. Like I only just joined at the beginning of this year and I quite honestly have this utter disconnect with D&P's early work - like, they're not who I fell in love with, I barely even recognize them. I honestly wouldn't be a fan of them, had I discovered them 4 years ago. I feel like they were different people back then as well as different creators. I do like seeing the beginnings of what I see in them now, because I do think that some things are constant, but overall - not for me, not my humor, not my people, not an energy that would attract me beyond 6 minutes at a time.

So it's always so strange to see people wishing Dan would go back to what I call his 'angry unhappy slutty problematic self' - and this isn't meant to be a judgmement, it's more that... I wonder if we're all just destined to miss the Them that we fell in love with & if there's an expiration date on my Dan and Phil, too. And it's not that I don't want them to go forward in the journey that I'm percieving them to be on (boy, do I) - but I do wonder if someday, they go so far that I feel like I can't recognize them anymore. (I guess this makes YT fandoms weird, the potential forever of their existance, and the fact that I'll have to one day decide if it's still for me, no nettwork cancelling my new faves can intervene FUCK YOU MTV eh sorry off topic :D. But yeah, I've been thinking about this lately.)
I can really relate to this. I wouldn't have been fans of them, and Dan in particular, either had I discovered them a few years ago. The 'angry unhappy slutty problematic self' Dan and I would not have matched at all and I want that guy to stay far away. If he would revert back to that guy, which I don't think is likely to happen since he seems happy with himself and his life now, I would quit watching him.

User avatar
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:31 am
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: Birmingham, England

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by Kathrynxjane » Fri May 27, 2016 7:57 pm

mez29 wrote: (MAJOR tatinof spoilers) (but not any content actually directly from the show, don't sue me phil)

ok guys, I have spent about a month working on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVoQSVgx74I

I hope at least some of you enjoy it, sorry about my singing

Ugh this has made me feel really nostalgic for tatinof. You are really talented. I forgot how great the song was aswell.
Ticia wrote:Page 35, it's time for Dan to do or say something that provides us a new thread name
He will post his new video tonight so he makes sure we have a new thread title!
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015

User avatar
DryCereal
koi pond
Posts: 1985
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:59 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by DryCereal » Fri May 27, 2016 8:11 pm

Not sure "Marble Princess" is gonna cut it as the next thread title... c'mon, try harder...!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:

idontreallyknow
spork
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:33 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by idontreallyknow » Fri May 27, 2016 8:12 pm

[Instagram]https://Instagram.com/p/BF7GfDQJgMa/[/Instagram]

Translated it means "marble of princess"...?

Edit: I fucked it up and someone got there first
Last edited by idontreallyknow on Fri May 27, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

akui
blobfish
Posts: 679
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:50 am
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: Snowy Pear

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by akui » Fri May 27, 2016 8:14 pm

'Princess of Marble', i prefer, sounds more film-ish, more exotic, like an old Hollywood movie about an oriental princess.

User avatar
Winston
flower crown
Posts: 704
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:35 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by Winston » Fri May 27, 2016 8:16 pm

mez29 wrote:
Winston wrote:I have a question? And or observation someone else may have noticed…. And I am bored out of my mind….
I just looked at the new(ish) poster and the bottom left picture Dan is making a “blobfish” face. I seem to remember either Dan referring to himself as a blob fish, or possibly Phil saying it? In a ls or something... it was just a passing comment. Does anyone else remember this? Has this been discussed? (#am I crazy) And now last night I was reminded that Dan gave Phil a blobfish plush for christmas (last year?). If all of this is true, and not just the machinations of a sleep deprived (almost) middle aged nose pervert, what do you all think about this?:
This definitely sounds familiar. I think it may have been a phandom joke that eventually picked up on? I don't know whether it was before or after Christmas that they mentioned it though. And as I think it originated in the phandom, I don't really see it as particularly meaningful. (but who knows? )
(MAJOR tatinof spoilers) (but not any content actually directly from the show, don't sue me phil)

ok guys, I have spent about a month working on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVoQSVgx74I

I hope at least some of you enjoy it, sorry about my singing
I want to watch! But I go on Sunday and don't want to be spoilered. I hope I remember after to watch!! :D
actions speak louder than words

shezza
crusty sponge
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by shezza » Fri May 27, 2016 8:16 pm

so that's tomorrow night at the earliest then

Bassoonage
drama llama
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by Bassoonage » Fri May 27, 2016 8:17 pm

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Not sure "Marble Princess" is gonna cut it as the next thread title... c'mon, try harder...!
I personally like "burn that goddamn weed sweater. Hahahaha
Image

akui
blobfish
Posts: 679
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:50 am
Pronouns: She/Her
Location: Snowy Pear

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by akui » Fri May 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Why is he princess I'm so confused shouldn't he be the queen?

User avatar
SquishPhan
mark of oxin
Posts: 2497
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:18 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Dan & Phil Part 12: Stalking him until he loves you

Post by SquishPhan » Fri May 27, 2016 8:18 pm

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Not sure "Marble Princess" is gonna cut it as the next thread title... c'mon, try harder...!
This is what I want. More pics of them.
shezza wrote: so that's tomorrow night at the earliest then
Yeah I would say late evening at the earliest as well, knowing them.

Locked