Magazine Project!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Thread for all IDB Magazine [working title, subject to change before it's finished!] chat, before we destroy the main thread completely...! ;)

All ideas/suggestions/offers gladly received!

Aaaaaaaand... GO! :D
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Poe
rainbow nerd

Guess I'll start with quoting my cover here so we have it here too
Poe wrote:Well guys, because I love procrastination and loved the idea of a special D&P IDB magazine, I made a cover for you all! Feast your eyes on this 20 minutes (well spent) creation:

swofro
angel bean

So I assume this to be one-time mock magazine. I suggest we make the content to be what a real mags should be (like assume readers dont know about phandom). And we need a list of what should be in it and who is writing what.

I said earlier in the main thread that I want to write about Phil's hand, so I think its fair for someone else to make Dan's hand too.

Oh yeah, I will also going to need a Beta when I finish later because not native speaker and all that zass.

this idea so far. We are so bored, aren't we.
Love is forever
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I love this!
I'll need a beta too because all my english is self-taught! So not a reliable source at all. :lol:
also I'm self-conscious about my writing so I would love if I could post what I'm writing and get suggestions back about it, let's make this a good quality peeps!

I still think we need to talk about what direction we should go with the magazine: Talk about them like we talk here or hold back our phan a little so we can show the magazine to them and possibly get reactions?

I'll try to write at least an article tonight to show your guys :)

Cheers for this amazing project that's bringing me a lot of joy
DryCereal
koi pond

I don't see any reason why we can't have an... "edited/clean" version we can try and get noticed with, and one "for us" - it would only mean having specific pages/sections that we phan/antiphan out in... ;)

Don't worry about language issues - I'm more than happy to help/beta things. Let's be honest, I'm a native speaker and some of you guys' english is better than mine(!) :D
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

Also, poe: your style of creation is amazing, once we have enough stuff to put together if you have the time you should look into thinking of organizing this style to fit the entire thing, thank god we have you, I know I have no skills at all with this short of thing.

Also, how cool if we could get some fanart together for the pages? like, a few here and there and some that fit with the subject of each page, all like if it was a real magazine - provided we can get the art maker to agree and we source them properly.

I know I'm talking a lot but this is my last idea: the last page (or second one like a real magazine) it should have a 'behind the screen/behind the pages' kind of thing where we talk about everyone who contributed with it, be it sharing only the name they use in this forum or providing links of social medias for promotion for those who are comfortable with that.
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

oh boy. between opening photoshop and posting I didn't even notice this thread had been made. here's my jokey contributions from the main thread.
greatnessflicker wrote:uhhh i threw this together quickly and i'm not very good at photoshop nor spelling without a built-in spellchecker but here's my contribution lol. I'm a recent graduate so I'd be interested in helping in whatever way if we are doing a legit publication.

DryCereal
koi pond

Phanart/fic would be AMAZING to include! :)
I'm up for a "staff" section too. Self-written bios would be fun!

greatnessflicker that. is. fantastic!! :D
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

omg you guys are amazing
If we are able to get enough content to make this as big as a magazine I'm pretty sure we'll go down in history
I'll start writing asap

edit: greatnessflicker thank you for this! you actually made something that will fit very well in a magazine, I wasn't even thinking about doing quick and precise content like that, I was already angsting over writing something big to fit a whole page :lol:
Last edited by LurkingTrash on Thu May 26, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

I love this idea!
We could also always go the Superfame route and do a gossips and facts website in magazine layout form exclusively for

And obviously due to the fact that I was the one who cracked the case, I call dibs on the #SecretShadowChicken section.
hunnyftw
phabergé

I think the most important function of this whole project is to entertain us. If you take this approach, it follows that we shouldn't worry about who will eventually read it (deppy included), as long as it's fun for us. I would go for "include whatever anybody wants to write, within bounds of reason of course, maybe not serious unironical top/bottom discussions ty very much" approach.

As a non-native speaker I'd probably feel really insecure about anything I'd write. I'll think about it, maybe I'll come up with a topic that even I with my mediocre English won't be able to butcher.

For now I think I'd love it if anybody could write a version of the D&P out of context thread. I think IcleMiss or somebody else mentioned that in the main thread.

Also, an analysis of a particularly hilarious/popular conspiracy theory would be nice. That's something I would actually love to write if I wasn't so insecure about it :roll:
Poe
rainbow nerd

I love all the ideas! They are amazing. I'm definitely into the behind the scenes idea. LurkingTrash Thank you!! I will actually have my summer vacantion starting in like 3 weeks so the timing is perfect. I'll hop on to edit the whole thing to fit one style.

greatnessflicker This is beautiful! Love the idea behind the TATINOF update page

hunnyftw wait. you aren't a native? Damn your english is good! I never would have guessed I mean I already got this idea in my head that you were native
Last edited by Poe on Thu May 26, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DryCereal
koi pond

hunnyftw wrote:For now I think I'd love it if anybody could write a version of the D&P out of context thread. I think IcleMiss or somebody else mentioned that in the main thread.
DIBS!!!!

(seriously though, I have notes doc saved already, so it won't take much work(!) :thumb:
Also claimed the "offline support group" page, if no-one has any objections.... ;)
daphenaxa
blobfish

I think the skeleton of the magazine is already on IDB tbh. We just need to pick a bit from each thread.

- Like obviously we would have a few pages on the tour like the one greatness posted with the pictures, maybe a few spoilerless reviews?, a page with the few tweets about food some stuff like that. (and when the tour is finished a few pages on like regular news)
-dan and phil fashion with like their clothes/haircuts and I would love to do an article about Dan's dogue pose (with pictures from all the meetups lol)
-"keep up with the phandom" with phandom conspiracies and dramas. this way we can include the phan and non-phan comments but still without looking like crazy phangirls. we could also include things like 'the rules" or other things that are in the compilations and reference sub forum
- phanfic recoms
-phanart if we get the authors to agree to post a few
- a cooking page with recipes of what Dan and Phil eat to cook it at home???
-dan and phil out of context for the lols
- maybe some social and political comments. like use what dan and phil would have said and that's listed on the thread and link it to some news events?
- when/IF they post new videos, reviews if them? both positive and negative to keep it balanced.
-last, ask Drake or ask Dill: that could be an hilarious readers questions/answers
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
hunnyftw
phabergé

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
hunnyftw wrote:For now I think I'd love it if anybody could write a version of the D&P out of context thread. I think IcleMiss or somebody else mentioned that in the main thread.
DIBS!!!!

(seriously though, I have notes doc saved already, so it won't take much work(!) :thumb:
Also claimed the "offline support group" page. ;)
YAS! I can't wait to see that!

Also, why do I always forget about the k in your username...? :roll: icklemiss, icklemiss, icklemiss, icklemiss...
yonahime
glabella

greatnessflicker that is amazing and exactly like what i expected

ah sorry i cant contribute anything tho. i'm just gonna cheer you guys from the sideline and maybe throw some ideas if i've got any.
eevee
emo goose

I actually showed up to offer my editing skills and saw that there was a demand for it! Although Ickle already offered to help beta, I would like to help as well, I enjoy editing :)
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
swofro
angel bean

So, a list of who writes what. Please copy and add your own for keeping up purpose. (sorry if im overstepping project manager's job, ickle!)

Phil's hand analysis -swofro
Love is forever
l8er_sk8er
delia smith

You all bunch of creative people.
Maybe throw in some d&p tweets with illustrations from phandom artists. With permission and credits of course.
Bingo board or choose from every column constructor for Phil tweets.
greatnessflicker, amazing article about plants
By the way edit on the cover that Poe created is by: http://widdess.tumblr.com/post/103549095852/pt1
PolarFox
truth bomb

I absolutely love this idea!
Maybe, since we have offline support group, we could have "why I was a weird fan" segment? Or something similar to why I was a weird kid.
maybe even include the recom page? Like "what anime has Deppy been watching?"
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
Lain
eclipse shirt

I noticed that some IDB members are into fashion. Maybe we could include a page or two featuring some of D&P's outfits and have any interested members discuss/debate the success of said outfits? I've seen this done on TV (isn't there a show dedicated to this? the name escapes me) and in other magazines.

Also think it would be amusing to include some adverts here and there.

Edit: basically what daphenaxa said, but with commentary.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

I'm so excited and hyper about this I'm not even kidding.
I'll try to keep things phan-gnostic on what I write, just so that everyone can enjoy it, I'm thinking we are doing really well so far.

ohhh, let's make a page about their wardrobes: style and how to care for it on tour.
(EDIT: oops, daphenaxa and Lain beat me to it)
also: 101 30 ways to keep entertained on a cramped bus

IckleMissMayhem I have a question for the out of context page!
1- bus tour video: why it's a good idea
2- second channel and the benefits of uploading frequently
3- how to deal with FOMO from people at tatinof
feel free to only pick one of these if they give you some inspiration
DryCereal
koi pond

swofro wrote:So, a list of who writes what. Please copy and add your own for keeping up purpose. (sorry if im overstepping project manager's job, ickle!)

Phil's hand analysis -swofro
Heck no, don't worry about it! :)

Phil's hand analysis - swofro
Out of Context - IckleMissMayhem
Offline Support Group - IckleMissMayhem

Really loving all these ideas guys!
daphenaxa
blobfish

Lain wrote:I noticed that some IDB members are into fashion. Maybe we could include a page or two featuring some of D&P's outfits and have any interested members discuss/debate the success of said outfits? I've seen this done on TV (isn't there a show dedicated to this? the name escapes me) and in other magazines.

Also think it would be amusing to include some adverts here and there.

Edit: basically what daphenaxa said, but with commentary.
yes I am in for the fashion police!!!!!

also for the ads that such a good idea like an ad for olive garden with Phil's quote "best place I have ever eaten, so cool, I am obsessed" and Dan "ugh" :D
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
eevee
emo goose

Hey guys! I can't keep up with this thread I'm in class and stuff but if anyone wants me to edit their piece I'd be more than happy, feel free to PM me!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia