Magazine Project!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
starlight-still
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

OK, the Deposcopes are below the cut...feel free to edit/do what you want with them graphically! Also, there's one part in French (you'll see what I mean) that it'd be great if a native speaker can check it out and make sure it's accurate (and, also, what's a word like "awesome" that Dan might say?):
Deposcopes

How to find your sign:

First things first: Dan or Phil?

Next, imagine you’re going to see TATINOF tonight! What color will you wear?

Dan: obsidian, onyx, black leather, gun metal, raven, noir

Phil: bluey green, dental wire royal purple, ribena red, galaxy, pancake batter, fresh powdery snow

Dan Signs: [moon]

Dogeface (raven): Don’t be afraid to speak your mind. No, really. You don’t think you should? Fight me. You know it’s time.

Succubarius (obsidian): Admit it: you’ve had it on your mind for a while. Should I stalk them until they love me? Well, the answer is: NO. Absolutely not. Do not try this at home, OK? Ah ha…gotcha. See what I did there? You know what to do.

Kanye (gun metal): Why are you even reading this? You’re Kanye and you’d go your own way no matter what. You’re good. Keep doing your thing.

Haruio (black leather): Now’s the time to learn something new. Maybe ask that older friend for editing tips. Learn how to use capitalization and punctuation. You’ve got a bright future ahead of you and should probably think about rebranding from your MySpace/emo persona. Or not. But probably, tbh.

Samaracorn (onyx): You have a unique perspective and many stories within you. Have you ever thought about sharing them? Start small, with those around you. Maybe someday you’ll make the whole world cringe with your awkwardness.

Monprofpsycho(noir): Oh! Il est agréable de voir ‘phans’ de différents pays. Comment allez-vous? Merci de regarder mes vidéos ^ _ ^ L’espoir de vous voir sur mon tour du monde ...un jour.

Phil Signs: [sun]

Hampstani (pancake batter): Be kind to strangers today, especially the oddest one you meet. You never know who will become your best p-l-a-t-o-n-i-c bro pal for life.

Sassmastafrommanchestarius (ribena red): You’ve been on the fence for a while but today is the day. Go for it! No, really, you’re about three weeks overdue for a haircut. How are you going to stand the humidity with that dog on your head?

Fringegaparnicus (dental wire royal purple): The accidental model star is shining in your house today, my friend. Take some extra photos today because you are lookin’ fine. Seriously though.

Angelbean (bluey green): Don’t eat any dairy today. Please, just don’t. Don’t you know they make so many non-dairy options, these days and some of them are quite tasty! You don’t need to make yourself and everyone around you suffer.

Waffles (galaxy): You’ve been so caught up in your routine lately that you’re starting to sound a bit robotic to those around you. Animals and breakfast food are wonderful things, but come on, man. I dare you to look out the window and write a sentence about the first thing you see that’s NOT an animal or a freakin’ pancake ffs. OK? Go!

Cactor (fresh powdery snow): I hear you. You’re very angry right now. But don’t send that DM just yet. Take a few breaths and talk it out with a friend first. Then, by all means, unleash the fury of a thousand glochids on ‘em. Serves ‘em right for messing with your bear like that.
daphenaxa
blobfish

starlight-still wrote:
Monprofpsycho(noir): Oh! Il est agréable de voir ‘phans’ de différents pays. Comment allez-vous? Merci de regarder mes vidéos ^ _ ^ L’espoir de vous voir sur mon tour du monde ...un jour.
Monprofpsycho(noir): Oh! C'est agréable de voir des ‘phans’ de différents pays. Comment vas-tu? C'est génial/c'est super cool que tu regardes mes vidéos, merci. J'espère te voir lors de mon tour du monde... un jour.
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
DryCereal
koi pond

I'm compiling lists of OoC quotes... favour to ask - can somebody get/make me an outline silhouette of Dan and Phil please? (one for each)
Cos... reasons. :D
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
vortexofphan
drama llama

Starlight-Still - That's fun! I am particularly a fan of a ribena red, fresh powdery snow, and black leather.

Here's my contribution. Brought to you by that wonderful time of life between graduation and a real job. Let me know if anything needs to be fixed or changed or whatnot.

http://docdro.id/6BaZ8ke
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

vortexofphan wrote:Starlight-Still - That's fun! I am particularly a fan of a ribena red, fresh powdery snow, and black leather.

Here's my contribution. Brought to you by that wonderful time of life between graduation and a real job. Let me know if anything needs to be fixed or changed or whatnot.

I cried.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

backin09
living flop

about the phanfic rec page: what kind of phanfic is okay for me to recommend? since we wanted to stay phanagnostic, is it okay for me to include fics with 'phan' in it? do you want me to recommend PG rated fics only or am i allowed to recommend some r-rated ones, too?
without the internet, we never would have met
backin09
living flop

vortexofphan wrote:Starlight-Still - That's fun! I am particularly a fan of a ribena red, fresh powdery snow, and black leather.

this is amazing
without the internet, we never would have met
Poe
rainbow nerd

IckleMissMayhem wrote:I'm compiling lists of OoC quotes... favour to ask - can somebody get/make me an outline silhouette of Dan and Phil please? (one for each)
Only the outline (transparent inside) or do you want it or be filled in ( black, like a shadow)?
asimfrickinzazzed
dank meme

so accurate it hurts
daphenaxa
blobfish

backin2009 wrote:about the phanfic rec page: what kind of phanfic is okay for me to recommend? since we wanted to stay phanagnostic, is it okay for me to include fics with 'phan' in it? do you want me to recommend PG rated fics only or am i allowed to recommend some r-rated ones, too?
nah i think all kinds of fics are ok as long as they are labelled properly so people know what to expect if they check them. We literally can't ignore phan and smut in a fics recomm
If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

daphenaxa wrote:
backin2009 wrote:about the phanfic rec page: what kind of phanfic is okay for me to recommend? since we wanted to stay phanagnostic, is it okay for me to include fics with 'phan' in it? do you want me to recommend PG rated fics only or am i allowed to recommend some r-rated ones, too?
nah i think all kinds of fics are ok as long as they are labelled properly so people know what to expect if they check them. We literally can't ignore phan and smut in a fics recomm
Come on guys there are so many talented fanfic writers here; have one original collab fic that is totally wanked (have a mixture of furry, robot, alien, mpreg, vampire) go wild!!!
greatnessflicker
cheeky #spon

daphenaxa, i love your doge page!

this is so good (and I know that time of life, haha!).
Poe wrote:
manged wrote:Wheat a minute. So for those of us offering illustrations to go along with articles, is someone going to assign us to a piece of written work? Or is someone just gonna yell out "Hey I need someone to draw XYZ" and an illustrator claims it?

Tbh the earlier I can get started on something, the better :)
Well for now I think we'll just claim whatever you guys need us to do at least until we get a basic idea of the magazine and after that we can choose who wants to design what (after everyone that wants to contribute has a subject picked)
yeah! This is a concern of mine as well. same with those who would like to edit, how are we going to divvy out written articles? For now I think we can just see how it works naturally, with people jumping on stuff.
majitzu
angel bean

This is perfection. Hahahhaha
kooshka
living flop

Poe wrote: Re: page dimensions
I realised that we have different page dimensions so I think it would be a good idea to have a chat about this. kooshka we would really appreciate a little help here :lol:
Yeah, the problem with multiple people providing content is how to make the whole thing work as a magazine, so I was kinda wondering how it'll be put together anyway? I can make use of my knowhow of InDesign to put the whole package together in the end if needed, but then the page designs should be made in vector form (for people unfamiliar with this stuff, if you design something in Photoshop, the end result will be a bitmap image that can't be scaled and the text, for example, will be unreadable when zoomed in, but with vector-based graphic programs like Illustrator and InDesign that's not an issue).
For illustrations and images photos are OK, but all text and some graphical elements would be best to have in vector form. But before anything, please note that this is the professional in me talking :D since PS is easier to use for most people and this is not supposed to be a high-profile print publication the pages could as well be bitmap images as there's no need to take the fun out of this, but then ground-set rules for page dimensions, font sizes etc play a much bigger role since they can't be scaled.

(I love everything that has been sent in so far!!)
Poe
rainbow nerd

Poe wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:I'm compiling lists of OoC quotes... favour to ask - can somebody get/make me an outline silhouette of Dan and Phil please? (one for each)
Only the outline (transparent inside) or do you want it or be filled in ( black, like a shadow)?
Ok Ickle here are the outlines

http://imgur.com/jNjUk9I -Phil
http://imgur.com/DePgs9H -Dan

Please save them as PNG's or otherwise the transparency won't work
starlight-still
truth bomb

daphenaxa wrote:
starlight-still wrote:
Monprofpsycho(noir): Oh! C'est agréable de voir des ‘phans’ de différents pays. Comment vas-tu? C'est génial/c'est super cool que tu regardes mes vidéos, merci. J'espère te voir lors de mon tour du monde... un jour.
yay teamwork! :platonic:
vortexofphan wrote:http://docdro.id/6BaZ8ke
So very accurate.
DryCereal
koi pond

Poe wrote:
Poe wrote:
Ok Ickle here are the outlines

http://imgur.com/jNjUk9I -Phil
http://imgur.com/DePgs9H -Dan

Please save them as PNG's or otherwise the transparency won't work
fank 'oo!!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

Hey there, I was thinking, what do you guys think of the twitter @PhandomStats?
I think they have some very funny stuff, I think it might be nice to check with them and take some of the funniest and make a tiny bit on like half a page or something about it. How does this sound?
idk even where to put it.
Poe
rainbow nerd

LurkingTrash wrote:Hey there, I was thinking, what do you guys think of the twitter @PhandomStats?
I think they have some very funny stuff, I think it might be nice to check with them and take some of the funniest and make a tiny bit on like half a page or something about it. How does this sound?
Something like "This week's Phandom Stats" corner? We could do this. We also have the space because we have just 14 or so pages until now (not all submitted yet) and we need to get to 30-35-40.
phamnotof
morning quiff

Man, you guys work fast! Everything seems lovely so far. I'd love to contribute, but I can't do anything but write (and even that's questionable :D) - so if there's space left, I'd love to do an article. I've got this idea for an article (working title) called The Art of Being Dan and Phil, this sort of analysis thing about being central figures of this huge fandom machine & making (or not making) it work. Would that work? I'm not sure there's not something too familiar to it, I haven't been able to keep up with this thread (finals! fun! )
districthirteen
phillion/danosaur <//3

Just wondering, so far people have been posting up completed pages as pdf files (which look totally great and I'm enjoying very very much) but eventually someone would have to recreate them/have access to the raw file to be able to do formatting/fix typos/beta stuff right? Just wondering how would things best be done?
And if we are going to compile things on InDesign, would we recreate pages from scratch or like, take screenshots of the existing pages and fit it in? To me it's like, the original creators must have put a lot of thought and effort into the layouts, and I wouldn't want to waste their effort, but ... everyone uses different platforms and Idk how we should best standardise things.

Sorry to bring stressful (and realistic) ideas into a fun project! :gg: But I would really like to see a (semi-)professional looking end product, hence all these icky questions.

Also, I've done some school magazines on InDesign before so I can somewhat navigate my way around there and I'm pretty good at spotting typos so I can offer my limited services if needed? Though I think there's no shortage of betas at the moment, but just putting it out there!
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

Poe wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote:Hey there, I was thinking, what do you guys think of the twitter @PhandomStats?
Something like "This week's Phandom Stats" corner? We could do this. We also have the space because we have just 14 or so pages until now (not all submitted yet) and we need to get to 30-35-40.
I'm on it then, just gonna need a bit of help in the graphics dept later on o/

Phil's hand analysis - swofro
Out of Context - IckleMissMayhem
Offline Support Group - IckleMissMayhem
Dan and Phil's recipes - daphenaxa, with katybetts happy to offer help.
the fashion section - daphenaxa, aralik (but we need to be several to do the commentaries. LurkingTrash, hunnyftw)
the dogue pose™ - daphenaxa
Puzzle page - swofro
#SecretShadowChicken - Cora808
sociopolitical comments - greatnessflicker
music - mez29
#busgate - Poe (plus others?)
What Will be said During Your Pre-Show Meet and Greet - vortexofphan
#getadogdanandphil - greatnessflicker
Travelling ad (Portugal) - Lain
Editing tips? Editing tips. - mysterylovescompany
Phanfiction Recs: backin2009
Phandom Statistics: LurkingTrash

illustrations and/or publication design - manged, Jeweul, greatnessflicker, poe, smarties, angrymob kooshka
editing/beta - IckleMissMayhem, eevee, greatnessflicker, aralik, bluebox-away
vortexofphan
drama llama

Thank you so much everyone!! :D I'm glad you enjoyed it, I had fun making it. This probably makes things more complicated, but I made it in Pages, so idk how that would need to be changed to make it work for the overall magazine formatting.
Poe wrote: We also have the space because we have just 14 or so pages until now (not all submitted yet) and we need to get to 30-35-40.
30-40 pages! That's more than I thought. It will be fun to see it all together.
phamnotof wrote:Man, you guys work fast! Everything seems lovely so far. I'd love to contribute, but I can't do anything but write (and even that's questionable :D) - so if there's space left, I'd love to do an article. I've got this idea for an article (working title) called The Art of Being Dan and Phil, this sort of analysis thing about being central figures of this huge fandom machine & making (or not making) it work. Would that work? I'm not sure there's not something too familiar to it, I haven't been able to keep up with this thread (finals! fun! )
Oh that could be interesting. I'd be interested in reading it. I don't think there are so many article articles, so that could bring a nice component to add.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

districthirteen wrote:Just wondering, so far people have been posting up completed pages as pdf files (which look totally great and I'm enjoying very very much) but eventually someone would have to recreate them/have access to the raw file to be able to do formatting/fix typos/beta stuff right? Just wondering how would things best be done?
And if we are going to compile things on InDesign, would we recreate pages from scratch or like, take screenshots of the existing pages and fit it in? To me it's like, the original creators must have put a lot of thought and effort into the layouts, and I wouldn't want to waste their effort, but ... everyone uses different platforms and Idk how we should best standardise things.

Sorry to bring stressful (and realistic) ideas into a fun project! :gg: But I would really like to see a (semi-)professional looking end product, hence all these icky questions.

Also, I've done some school magazines on InDesign before so I can somewhat navigate my way around there and I'm pretty good at spotting typos so I can offer my limited services if needed? Though I think there's no shortage of betas at the moment, but just putting it out there!
We haven't discussed any of that yet, this is something that has to be done, I have no idea how to make any of these things was just thinking we would collect as much as we can of content (enought for the 35-40 pages and then being very careful decide the orders and everything and pass all of that to the people who offered to help with design so they can make it all coherent and looking cohesive but keeping what they can from the people who originally designed each thing. (easy, right? it must me a nightmare for your guys)
I didn't even consider the different programs or anything since I have no idea how to use anything like that.
hunnyftw
phabergé

\
Dan's new instagram. I'm sorry I can't remember who's done the page on his photo face and resting doge face (and I'm too lazy to check), but maybe this could be added. Because if this isn't an example of a perfect doge face then I don't know what is :lol: