Dan & Phil Part 13: So Bored That This Is Our Thread Name

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
corn flakes
moon room

I can't, Phil, no more please...come on, a little video, something

Look I'll be happy even with something like that:
https://www.instagram.com/p/1fDz0KJgMO/ ... snotonfire
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

I am waiting for someone to get that cactus dildo and craft corner a thing out of it. I would love to see that sitting on a shelf somewhere in their house. Unaware that it is in fact a huge dildo.... or would they be unaware??
actions speak louder than words
starlight-still
truth bomb

Phil supposedly isn't political or opinionated but
This is a major victory for pancakes everywhere, guys. That's Phil for ya, always putting our syrupy breakfast friends first :sideeye:
lonely trash
glabella
Pronouns: trash

Doesnt have much to do with anything being talked about the last few pages, but I spammed my fiancé with multiple gifs/photos of and his only response was "this is too gay" and stopped responding for an hour I'm so proud of myself.
Oh Phil, there was never a better king of the universe.
chloek88
spork

They are absolutely glowing in all the pics from today's m&g. Looks like Dan got a bit of a tan in chicago? Maybe on their romantic boat tour? It's nice to see them looking rested and healthy.
(this is me trying to look on the bright side of the endless stream of identical selfies with nothing but pancakes to break up the monotony)
uglyamerican
woodland creature

I'm entertaining myself imagining the company moves between cities (yes, huge nerd here,) and what they might do along the way. The upcoming move between St Louis and Denver is over 12 hours, and potentially the most boring - Kansas is as flat as a.... pancake (yes, I went there.) However, the 8-9 hour move between Las Vegas and Oakland has two options, the quicker one up the Central Valley through irrigated farm fields, while the longer one skirts Death Valley National Park and goes right through Yosemite National Park. Dan would enjoy #2 - death and bears.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Kinda off topic but you guys talked about the M&G pics so I looked for them and one thing that always appears in my mind is my appreciation for Phil always making sure to touch the fans in those cute/squished faces photos that don't requires elaborate poses (hand in the arm/shoulders), it must be so nice and also helps make the whole 'taking the photo' much less awkward for everyone, imagine trying to take a selfie without it.
It's such a little thing but it must make the day of a lot of people, also kinda gives the dad!Lester vibes lol
Winston
flower crown

at this rate we might not need a new thread name.... :shock:
actions speak louder than words
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

swofro wrote:
Anonymousse wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
I'm curious about whether they hardcore limitation on potential answers is because they're lazy or just because they're super aware of accidentally giving something away or accidentally saying something that has implications they can't control.
ding ding ding
I read that as ding ding dong
Ring ding dong (keep their heads ringing) would have been a decent thread name in honour of Dans music taste
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

uglyamerican wrote:the 8-9 hour move between Las Vegas and Oakland has two options, the quicker one up the Central Valley through irrigated farm fields, while the longer one skirts Death Valley National Park and goes right through Yosemite National Park. Dan would enjoy #2 - death and bears.
phil would not enjoy it, from what i remember it has a lot of winding roads.
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

starlight-still wrote:Phil supposedly isn't political or opinionated but
This is a major victory for pancakes everywhere, guys. That's Phil for ya, always putting our syrupy breakfast friends first :sideeye:
Isn't that 4th emoji bottom right a stack of pancakes?

Get a fucking grip Phil, I refuse to believe the life of a grown english man on a working tour of the U.S is that dull you genuinely give half a flying fuck about pancake emojis (or the lack of them)
karma_yeah
philussy

[offtopic]Lack of content drove me to go visit The Site That Shall Not Be Named, and can I just say how much I appreciate IDB?!!

When IDB started March 26thish, TSTSNBN was on thread 58, page 3. Currently, it sits at thread 58, page 8. Of the 21 posts on page 8, five of them (5!) were illegalmind's (none of them positive, no surprise). Here we are getting ready to start thread 14 during a MAJOR drought.

I can't say enough to the creators and mods who created and maintain this community and to all of you who contribute.

Note to : please only post content on weekends from now on or I'll be hopelessly behind.[/size][/offtopic]
What goes around, comes around Image
idkm8
squish

i never post so excuse my random input but just thought i'd chip in to thank you all for providing a source of entertainment throughout this drought. think i would have actually been sitting in a dark corner somewhere if it wasn't for the high quality of conversation that is dragon dildos and plant kinks coming from this forum
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

First: Awww, karma_yeah! I agree with everything you said. I love IDB so much; it never fails to make me laugh and it's so great to have such a great group of people to discuss Deppy (and other topics!) with.

Second:
As I am bored as heck, I was perusing Dan's old tweets from 2013 (as one does), and I found this conversation:

(Here's a link to the tweet; I didn't embed it because it made the conversation a bit hard to follow.)

His response made me realize that it's very rare to see Dan (or Phil) acknowledge those who are "less fortunate" than them (for lack of a better term). It was weird to see Dan do it, albeit ironically!!1

Dan seems arguably pretty socially-conscious about some things, like LGBT+ issues, gender, maybe mental health. But then other social issues, he basically doesn’t even acknowledge. And as for Phil....
busy being happy~
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

oqua wrote: Second:
As I am bored as heck, I was perusing Dan's old tweets from 2013 (as one does), and I found this conversation:

(Here's a link to the tweet; I didn't embed it because it made the conversation a bit hard to follow.)

His response made me realize that it's very rare to see Dan (or Phil) acknowledge those who are "less fortunate" than them (for lack of a better term). It was weird to see Dan do it, albeit ironically!!1

Dan seems arguably pretty socially-conscious about some things, like LGBT+ issues, gender, maybe mental health. But then other social issues, he basically doesn’t even acknowledge. And as for Phil....
It is quiet odd how they both never bring things like that up. To me, what's even more interesting is the fact that they rarely do things for charities. I know they do a few charity based things each year, but they barely talk about it which is weird as it's such a positive thing to talk about the importance of giving back to something you care about. Also considering how big their fandom is, how come they don't team with them to give back to the world or help those in need in a big way? Look at Felix for example, the bro army raises millions for charity each year. Seriously, Dan and Phil could totally find away for the phandom raise money for those in need.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
idontreallyknow
spork

Not sure if this has been discussed already but Couple React (I think that's their channel name?) did this video:

how do you embed help

I've only watched their Dan and Phil reactions vids and I love how they went from not knowing what Dan and Phil were to stating that they believe they're dating
"You're telling me they aren't lovers with that sparkle across the screen"
Last edited by oqua on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed video embedding
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

I’ve also been examining Dan and Phil’s mentions of their family on Twitter.

I went through both of their accounts and counted up how many times each of them uses the words “family,” “parents,” “mum/mother,” and “dad/father.” I counted manually to make sure that I only included references to their OWN family/parents, not any uses of the terms to talk about other people’s families or families in general.

Here are the final tallies. Draw your own conclusions I guess.

Phil
family: 35
parents: 85
mum: 86
dad: 25
mother: 2
father: 1
TOTAL: 234

Dan
family: 11
parents: 4
mum: 13
dad: 10
mother: 1
father: 2
TOTAL: 41

Also, check out the difference between these two tweets, both from December 2015:
The contrast is just so hilarious and also sad but anyway...

Dan: Image
Phil: Image

Dan: "my family's house"
Phil: "home"
busy being happy~
blueapple_x
flower crown

I wouldn't say they "rarely" do things for charities because who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe they do a lot, maybe they don't do a lot. Who knows...

If they do do a lot of donating to charities, since they're pretty humble people they may not want to brag about how much they're helping/donating (even though that would help raise at least some awareness).
esso
spork

uglyamerican wrote:I'm entertaining myself imagining the company moves between cities (yes, huge nerd here,) and what they might do along the way. The upcoming move between St Louis and Denver is over 12 hours, and potentially the most boring - Kansas is as flat as a.... pancake (yes, I went there.) However, the 8-9 hour move between Las Vegas and Oakland has two options, the quicker one up the Central Valley through irrigated farm fields, while the longer one skirts Death Valley National Park and goes right through Yosemite National Park. Dan would enjoy #2 - death and bears.
They definitely will be taking I-5 up through the Central Valley. It's so difficult to navigate Yosemite's narrow cliff roads with large tour buses (I was so scared just driving a minivan through LOL).
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Please continue here
busy being happy~