Dan & Phil Part 14: Is This Tour Over Yet?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

Yes! Finally yes! I loved this video and for once it didn't feel like they were b-e-i-n-g s-o c-a-r-e-f-u-l and actually lightened up a bit. Especially Dan who seemed a little more off-script. Wonderful.

The first thing I noticed was the GatorGirl hat ever-so-gently placed on the pillow, just like it was ever-so-gently placed on the nightstand for us to see. I don't know what you're up to, Mr. Sassypants.

I've used Fiverr in the past for commissions, and I have a couple gigs up there myself. It's such a ridiculous site and D&P thinking to do something like this was extremely clever and a very good choice. It's weird, it's quirky, it's "community driven" (not their community, just connecting with real people), and I would not at all be surprised if I see more you tubers suddenly popping up with "we paid weird person to do weird thing". Though to be fair, D&P did "we paid weird person to do weird thing" ages ago, with the gimp and the stress relief man.

And screw you guys, existential crisis moth had me ugly laughing.

And finally, this video basically solidifies my suspicion that they lurk. They referenced several things we've discussed, but the one that caught my ear the most was the hibernating after tour thing: (though he said 3 months instead of 2 so...)

Exhibit A:
jess wrote:
NarrysCanary wrote: edit : I don't think we'll have more content after the tour either, because they'll go into hibernation for two weeks.
Two weeks? If only we could be so lucky... Dan basically went into hibernation for about 2 months post-UK tour. :sideeye: (side-eye-ing Dan, not you! ;)) My money's on him being "jet-lagged" for at least a month. :roll:
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

I'm rewatching the video and I love how Phil's voice got lower at 3:12 when he says "not sure why"
:biheart:
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

However, danbyers396, the one who commissioned the I love you x Dan, is from the UK (what are the chances?), and is a member since February 2015...good timing for Valentine's day
lonely trash
glabella
Pronouns: trash

crash[] wrote:
Kathrynxjane wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote:we're all over the place with our comments, I love it.

Also but I can't find Caroline or anything to do with past life's animals on that website, we need to keep looking or I'm gonna be real paranoid from now on
I can't find caroline either! No mystics on their at all (and there is some weird shit on that website ) I even just Google caroline past animals and nothing came up!

If Phil took time to make all that up, I applause him. I really believed that they emailed this women named Caroline.

I really hope they do more videos like this in the future. It was a great concept.
So, now y'all are making me extra suspect about everything now. I've been looking through all the psychic readings section and the term "past life animals" and it seems that's not a thing? All I wanna know is why they would make something like that up? Was the site not offering enough zany, D&P brand services? That, or we all just simultaneously suck at looking things up.

Who volunteers to overanalyze the readings now? Phil pounds his way through life confirmed.
I went through all the Carolines and none of them were her. I keep trying to modify the search and can't find anything. I need to up my dig game.
Oh Phil, there was never a better king of the universe.
litteronthebreeze
tol bean

I am horrifically bad at actually contributing to IDB but I read every word (I will up my game once my current housesale/purchase workstress passes) but I just wanted to say, it comes to something when I realise have uploaded and I come here before I watch the video. I think the scales have tipped. I like you guys more than them
Winston
flower crown

any one notice the questions were:
"Animals you love?
Animals that interest him?
Animals that he fears?"

I find that telling of Phil/ them making it up as opposed to getting the questions from an outsider. 8-)

Which if true, I find it kind of cute. And picture them writing each others "readings". I think they wrote each others because they seemed fairly surprised (not acting) by the results. And now I am waiting for the Fan fic coming out shortly.... Two boys, reading each other on a tour bus, eating all the cockies they can get.....
actions speak louder than words
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

crash[] wrote:
Kathrynxjane wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote:we're all over the place with our comments, I love it.

Also but I can't find Caroline or anything to do with past life's animals on that website, we need to keep looking or I'm gonna be real paranoid from now on
I can't find caroline either! No mystics on their at all (and there is some weird shit on that website ) I even just Google caroline past animals and nothing came up!

If Phil took time to make all that up, I applause him. I really believed that they emailed this women named Caroline.

I really hope they do more videos like this in the future. It was a great concept.
So, now y'all are making me extra suspect about everything now. I've been looking through all the psychic readings section and the term "past life animals" and it seems that's not a thing? All I wanna know is why they would make something like that up? Was the site not offering enough zany, D&P brand services? That, or we all just simultaneously suck at looking things up.

Who volunteers to overanalyze the readings now? Phil pounds his way through life confirmed.
A friend of mine just pointed out it could be that they bought the reading a year ago when they (or just Phil) bought the title card, and he's just been sitting on the concept for a year. In which case the psychic could no longer offer readings on the site, and it wouldn't be showing up.
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

cora808 wrote:
And finally, this video basically solidifies my suspicion that they lurk. They referenced several things we've discussed, but the one that caught my ear the most was the hibernating after tour thing: (though he said 3 months instead of 2 so...)

Exhibit A:
jess wrote:
NarrysCanary wrote: edit : I don't think we'll have more content after the tour either, because they'll go into hibernation for two weeks.
Two weeks? If only we could be so lucky... Dan basically went into hibernation for about 2 months post-UK tour. :sideeye: (side-eye-ing Dan, not you! ;)) My money's on him being "jet-lagged" for at least a month. :roll:
That's what I thought too ! It could a coincidence but who knows, maybe they do lurk here
:biheart:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

cora808 wrote:Yes! Finally yes! I loved this video and for once it didn't feel like they were b-e-i-n-g s-o c-a-r-e-f-u-l and actually lightened up a bit. Especially Dan who seemed a little more off-script. Wonderful.

The first thing I noticed was the GatorGirl hat ever-so-gently placed on the pillow, just like it was ever-so-gently placed on the nightstand for us to see. I don't know what you're up to, Mr. Sassypants.

I've used Fiverr in the past for commissions, and I have a couple gigs up there myself. It's such a ridiculous site and D&P thinking to do something like this was extremely clever and a very good choice. It's weird, it's quirky, it's "community driven" (not their community, just connecting with real people), and I would not at all be surprised if I see more you tubers suddenly popping up with "we paid weird person to do weird thing". Though to be fair, D&P did "we paid weird person to do weird thing" ages ago, with the gimp and the stress relief man.

And screw you guys, existential crisis moth had me ugly laughing.

Exhibit A:
jess wrote:
I too loved the bit about the existencial moth, wasn't bothered by it at all
Also, I wanted to question the timeline a bit, I know that this is a subject that had been talked about here before but this quote you pulled wasn't from after Phil talked about filming the video? not sure tho
deerly
glabella
Pronouns: they/them

What a lovely video, not only nice enough to paint my nails to but nice enough to pause what I was doing and give it all of my attention. Such a creative idea, either way if Caroline exists or not. I'm thinking maybe they changed her name for the video so she doesn't get harassed by the phandom? Is there another psychic past life animal lady on that site named something else?
Phil looks very good
But Dan's existential crisis joke made me roll my eyes so hard my head hurt
Re: cockies
Also I missed the conversation about Dan wearing a black sweater in such a hot weather I'm bringing it up again sorry. Everyone in our family wears dark loose long-sleeved clothes when it gets rlly hot because of our bedouin ancestry. We also drink very hot tea. I swear it works! There are lots of research on the subject done by scientists who explain how it works but I'm not much of a physics kinda scientist so I can't understand/explain this shit lol just believe me
phamnotof wrote:I like my reserved, nerdy awkward weirdos who electroshock their balls in the privacy of their own bedroom with proper safe words and some bloody decorum.
lonely trash
glabella

thanks tumblr
TSA
dank meme

People on tumblr ask who made the origami stars and the answer they found to it is 'Obviously Phil, otherwise you wouldn't be able to understand what's written'. :lol:

I enjoyed that new video a lot. Puns, contact, the short off-screen moment of 'are you going to keep that in'. This is one of the best AP videos in a long time (excluding sleepless night with Phil because I'm a sucker for that one).
Last edited by TSA on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philena
blobfish

Can someone on here gif the Dan seal clap at the end?
hunnyftw
phabergé

I actually love the thought of Phil having this idea for over a year (thanks idb detectives for finding that out!) and I actually hope that he made the Caroline up. The possibility that he took quite some time and thought to come up with this concept makes it cool and more interesting to me. I would appreciate that. And I suppose if Caroline did exist then for me her services would be kind of a poor choice for the video when this website offers so much more interesting and wacky stuff (no offense Caroline if you happen to really exist).

Anyway, I really enjoyed the whole thing. I mean yes, as always, some parts were very persona-driven and the existential crisis joke is old and rotting yadda yadda you know the drill. However I felt that there were lots of really sweet moments of genuine interaction between them that made my little Phan heart roar with glee. Dan was the main force in most of these. His little "excuse me!" at 3:26 when Phil pronounced the thought of two Dans "a nightmare" made me chuckle, and his reaction to the cockies thing was also lovely especially what, to me at least, seemed like a genuine surprise when he learned that Phil was going to keep that in.

What I also found interesting was the precise moment when he realised that the cockies would in fact make the cut: it was when Phil said "I had too much sugar". This made me think that Dan recognised this sentence or Phil's tone of voice to be part of "AmazingPhil" the entertainer shtick and not the real-deal Phil's every day way of speaking. This in turn made him realise that Phil was still in the filming mode and there wasn't going to be a second take for the "and we're back!" thing. Just a thought that I found interesting and it made me wonder how in tune they are while filming/performing with each other. Can they easily sense some subtle differences between each others "performing" and "between the cuts" faces/voices or do they still encounter some bumps along that way?
Ticia
suspended

Philena wrote:Can someone on here gif the Dan seal clap at the end?
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

deerly wrote:What a lovely video, not only nice enough to paint my nails to but nice enough to pause what I was doing and give it all of my attention. Such a creative idea, either way if Caroline exists or not. I'm thinking maybe they changed her name for the video so she doesn't get harassed by the phandom? Is there another psychic past life animal lady on that site named something else?
Phil looks very good
But Dan's existential crisis joke made me roll my eyes so hard my head hurt
Re: cockies
Also I missed the conversation about Dan wearing a black sweater in such a hot weather I'm bringing it up again sorry. Everyone in our family wears dark loose long-sleeved clothes when it gets rlly hot because of our bedouin ancestry. We also drink very hot tea. I swear it works! There are lots of research on the subject done by scientists who explain how it works but I'm not much of a physics kinda scientist so I can't understand/explain this shit lol just believe me
nah, there's nothing there about past life animals (i searched multiple terms), the thing that someone brought up about the person not offering their services anymore could be true but idk
Last edited by LurkingTrash on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

LurkingTrash wrote:
Also, I wanted to question the timeline a bit, I know that this is a subject that had been talked about here before but this quote you pulled wasn't from after Phil talked about filming the video? not sure tho
You are correct, that quote is from only yesterday. But it's been mentioned in that context and wording before.
crash[]
butt chair

alittledizzy wrote:A friend of mine just pointed out it could be that they bought the reading a year ago when they (or just Phil) bought the title card, and he's just been sitting on the concept for a year. In which case the psychic could no longer offer readings on the site, and it wouldn't be showing up.
That's definitely plausible. I believe that over them making it up, in all honesty. Not to doubt their creativity, of course. :lol: I just don't see why they would make it up.

In that case, D&P have really improved their acting skills, I'm sure we all thought that the reading was new to them. GG to both of them on all aspects.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Hmm... I'm going to go with the conspiracy theory that they might have made Caroline up because I was browsing the ''extremely bizarre'' section of the website and a lot of the services provided were kind of inappropriate or morally questionable (lots of things to make foot fetishists happy.) Very entertaining though, some of the ''services'' provided are...interesting. Could they do this one tho
https://www.fiverr.com/goldenlily/give- ... db23717c73 :lol:
Last edited by coffee pig on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

crash[] wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:A friend of mine just pointed out it could be that they bought the reading a year ago when they (or just Phil) bought the title card, and he's just been sitting on the concept for a year. In which case the psychic could no longer offer readings on the site, and it wouldn't be showing up.
That's definitely plausible. I believe that over them making it up, in all honesty. Not to doubt their creativity, of course. :lol: I just don't see why they would make it up.

In that case, D&P have really improved their acting skills, I'm sure we all thought that the reading was new to them. GG to both of them on all aspects.
I love the idea of him having the idea for so long and it makes me wonder about what other ideas he has.
I actually can believe them just lurking here and taking notes easier than they making it all up/having the reading for a year for all the references of subjects we talked about very recently.
that or we really have a psychic on that website
Philena
blobfish

Ticia wrote:
Ha! Thanks so much :platonic: I was picturing it as a close-up of Dan, but Phil's face there is priceless
lonely trash
glabella

bedhead91 wrote:Hmm... I'm going to go with the conspiracy theory that they might have made Caroline up because I was browsing the ''extremely bizarre'' section of the website and a lot of the services provided were kind of inappropriate or morally questionable (lots of things to make foot fetishists happy.) Very entertaining though, some of the ''services'' provided are...interesting.
I found one where a girl will write your name on her lips for you. I don't know why anyone would want that, but it made me laugh really hard.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

Whatevenismyusername wrote:
bedhead91 wrote:Hmm... I'm going to go with the conspiracy theory that they might have made Caroline up because I was browsing the ''extremely bizarre'' section of the website and a lot of the services provided were kind of inappropriate or morally questionable (lots of things to make foot fetishists happy.) Very entertaining though, some of the ''services'' provided are...interesting.
I found one where a girl will write your name on her lips for you. I don't know why anyone would want that, but it made me laugh really hard.
[offtopic]WHY AM I STUDYING EVEN? I should do this as a job.[/offtopic]

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

LurkingTrash
woodland creature

Ticia wrote:
nice gif!
I can't get over how cute they look in this video, yay for hotel lighting that don't make them look as white as paper.
Ticia
suspended

LurkingTrash wrote:
Ticia wrote:
nice gif!
I can't get over how cute they look in this video, yay for hotel lighting that don't make them look as white as paper.
Specially Phil he looks ecstatic + 20 very sugary coffees and, weirdly enough, tanner than Dan.