Dan & Phil Part 14: Is This Tour Over Yet?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lonely trash
glabella
Pronouns: trash

Going through Caroline's Denise's fiverr page, I kind of want to get a face reading now! I don't really believe in that stuff but it sounds pretty interesting. But then I have that irrational fear of her calling me ugly and making some kind of metaphor having to do with the size of my nose. Someone convince me to go for it, will post results.
I'm at the top of the page with my pointlessness once again. :?
Oh Phil, there was never a better king of the universe.
kuensukki
janice from the shop

daphenaxa wrote:lol is Phil touching Dan's ass on those NASA pictures??
He looks like he's giving it a cheeky squeeze, maybe that's why Dan looks so stiff
Rigby
lady door

Lol @ 7:36, I know he's supposed to be "holding the backscratcher", but my mind went to a very different place
colfreckles
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her

This is one of those videos where I could not stop grinning -- loved it!

I'm definitely on team "bought it a while ago". It does seem strange to me that Phil bought the stars over a year ago. He must have wanted to do this video then (probably bought the psychic reading at the same time?) but put it off for some reason.
kkell3000
tol bean

colfreckles wrote: I'm definitely on team "bought it a while ago". It does seem strange to me that Phil bought the stars over a year ago. He must have wanted to do this video then (probably bought the psychic reading at the same time?) but put it off for some reason.
I did think he put off filming it, but assuming he came up with the idea around the date he bought the stars, it seems like way too much time to sit on such a simple video. I kinda am leaning towards he filmed a different version when he bought the stars, and wasn't happy with it so never uploaded it, and recreated it now.
mamaphan
delia smith

I really enjoyed this video. I still am in need of a live show though. I appreciate at least somthing but nothing makes me feel as connected as when Dan or Phil spend and hour and just talk about what's happening in life.

Ok back to the psychic reading. This reminded me of and old SAP. I didn't find they were very persons heavy. Other then the things they knew were, like Dan admitting about the llama and stuff like that. But I felt he was joking about it. Phil was so happy and cute. I loved his smile when Caroline said nice things about his video. I don't mind the existential crisis you saw it coming from a mile away.
My phone is going to die so I will end this here but i was happy to finally get somthing that made me laugh. Glad they went exploring at NASA and I look forward to tatinof to be over.

love and hugs
Lain
eclipse shirt

I liked the video. It felt scripted in some areas, but didn't detract from the overall enjoyment. I'm a sucker for the poking/teasing/whatever that was.

I'm also a fan of Phil not consciously avoiding Dan/Dan's gaze. Make that effortless eye contact, please. It drives the chemistry through the roof, imo.
Whatevenismyusername wrote:Someone convince me to go for it, will post results.
I'm on team don't waste your monies!
colfreckles
drama llama

kkell3000 wrote:
colfreckles wrote: I'm definitely on team "bought it a while ago". It does seem strange to me that Phil bought the stars over a year ago. He must have wanted to do this video then (probably bought the psychic reading at the same time?) but put it off for some reason.
I did think he put off filming it, but assuming he came up with the idea around the date he bought the stars, it seems like way too much time to sit on such a simple video. I kinda am leaning towards he filmed a different version when he bought the stars, and wasn't happy with it so never uploaded it, and recreated it now.
That definitely makes sense. Still, glad he decided to make it now!
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

so nice to have a vid after a long day of work, i loved a lot of it I was missing phil vids so much
i like that they were kinda mocking the "brand" things most of the time
i feel like phil might have requested a reading to know how it would turn out and could have modified some bits to make it funnier/close to AP
those kinda things always mention love and stuff so that's what makes me feel like he might have changed it a little bit
def so over the crisis shtick and that was the only turn off

I hope they filmed gaming videos along with this one!

oh yeah... gonna replay the face poke a million times
spider
ar·tic·u·late

+1 Don't care if they made up some parts or scripted it. Subscribed for the bants and Deppy chemistry and they delivered. If they wrote some of it they were good at keeping it secret from each other because they're not that good at acting and their reactions were real. The truth or behind the scenes don't matter as long as they give what we're here for. Well done boys.

We're also ready for Day In The Life if you boys are lurking for more suggestions.

Everyone is for Phil poking Dan's face but Dan pushing Phil with his elbow was cute too.
000dia000 wrote:
achika wrote:Image Image
:clapping:
:lol:
ironic wrote:I'd like to also make a publike announcement that I personally like spiders. I think they get too much hate.
Jeweul
sad dimple

sweetmm wrote: undreamtfall2OK SO MY NEIGHBORS SON DRIVES THE NASA TRAIN IN THE BACK AMD SAW DAN AND PHIL RIDING IN IT AMD IM DYIMG BEVAUSE THT IS SO CLOSE TO ME AND I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO MEET THEM
Good lord, I thought that was you screaming for a secondm sweetmm. You guys are making my night, I swear. I'm trying not to laugh too loudly.

I loved the video, super cute, super fun, super sweet. I'd like to believe that they wrote each others readings. Dan was really going on about how accurate Phil's description was and it was adorable.

Edit: Didn't Phil once say that he liked to keep a list of video ideas as he came up with them? I feel like I'm remember '09/10 Phil talking about it. IDB detectives, you're on call.

majitzu
angel bean

Jeweul wrote:
sweetmm wrote: undreamtfall2OK SO MY NEIGHBORS SON DRIVES THE NASA TRAIN IN THE BACK AMD SAW DAN AND PHIL RIDING IN IT AMD IM DYIMG BEVAUSE THT IS SO CLOSE TO ME AND I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO MEET THEM
Good lord, I thought that was you screaming for a secondm sweetmm. You guys are making my night, I swear. I'm trying not to laugh too loudly.

I loved the video, super cute, super fun, super sweet. I'd like to believe that they wrote each others readings. Dan was really going on about how accurate Phil's description was and it was adorable.

Edit: Didn't Phil once say that he liked to keep a list of video ideas as he came up with them? I feel like I'm remember '09/10 Phil talking about it. IDB detectives, you're on call.

I think he and Dan both have a doc with video ideas, they show them one time, maybe on tabinof... let me check... yep page 122 and 126.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

I just noticed, Phil just can't sit with his legs together even on the train :?
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

sweetmm wrote:I just noticed, Phil just can't sit with his legs together even on the train :?
Do you even know how hard I just had to look to find a photo of Phil *not* man spreading???

sweetmm
angel bean

cora88 and that is because he was using his legs as pendulum

I find this very interesting as it comes across as; "Guys I AM the expert on Phil" and now we know what noise Phil won't make even as a furry ;)
Last edited by sweetmm on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Yes Dan thank you for posting a picture when you went out and did something interesting. You have about 50 other sight-seeing pictures to make up for. (I'm salty, but I am actually really pleased about the instagram update.)

I still believe it could have been Denise/Caroline/whoever. Making up the idea of a quiz seems a bit :? when the site already has a bunch of entertaining stuff on it. Changing names makes sense, as from this video people could easily go find her and flood her business with memes and complaints over who knows what.
It also could have been a customized reading, too. The way the questions were worded makes sense, why they specifically say "interest him" as opposed to a generic "them" or whatever, (unless Phil typed out the prompts himself. No clue how this website actually works.)

This video had a bit of an oldish Dan-and-Phil vibe to me, did anyone get that? Just the structure of "hey this is us sitting, watch us do weird random things." Or maybe after TATINOF, I'm just super nostalgic for their old videos. :lol:

Speaking of TATINOF, I have some (possibly new?) information that I overhead. I'm not sure where we left off on the who-is-looking-at-the-flat situation, but I had overheard some girls talking about how in their meet and greets they asked Phil who was watering their plants, and Phil had said Martyn/his brother had gone back to check on their flat and take care of their plants.

Sadly, I have no proof if he actually said this or not, as I just listened to her talk about it. :? Also I thought Martyn had only gone back for a few days, which means if he is the only person checking in, their flat is still left alone for a worrying amount of time. Also, we all know how being put on the spot during meet and greets is and how it's easy to just pull an answer out of nowhere and call it good. Just thought I'd share what I heard and pretend like I had a useful contribution.
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
sweetmm
angel bean

pixlexia wrote: Speaking of TATINOF, I have some (possibly new?) information that I overhead. I'm not sure where we left off on the who-is-looking-at-the-flat situation, but I had overheard some girls talking about how in their meet and greets they asked Phil who was watering their plants, and Phil had said Martyn/his brother had gone back to check on their flat and take care of their plants.
If its true, most probably Martyn is arranging the keys for whomever helping to water them to enter the flat or he replace the self-watering cartridges ???
mez29
procrastinator

You can see exactly what Phil commissioned by looking at the URLs of the links on his reviews on the archived page:

eclerc: create-a-pixel-poster-of-you-or-a-group
psychicdivined: provide-a-professional-astrology-compatibility-reading; give-you-an-intuitive-analysis-of-1-page-of-your-website
freefulllife: help-you-connect-with-your-spirit-animal-or-totem x2
ceeworks: write-your-message-on-paper-stars

So it looks like the "past life animal" was a mixture of the astrology, totem animal (one for each of them), website (i.e. video) analysis (Dan's videos weren't analysed, just "1 page" of Phil's), and the stars. Probably to make a more interesting video. Although horoscope "compatibility" ...
kuensukki
janice from the shop

I'm sorry but can we take a moment to appreciate dad Phil in all his glory. His tucked into shirt sunglasses will be the death of me
Also why is Dan so pretty mez29 great findings Phil's a sneaky little minx if he combined all those and put it under "Caroline ". And horoscope compatability is so romantic
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

mez29 wrote:You can see exactly what Phil commissioned by looking at the URLs of the links on his reviews on the archived page:

psychicdivined: provide-a-professional-astrology-compatibility-reading; give-you-an-intuitive-analysis-of-1-page-of-your-website

So it looks like the "past life animal" was a mixture of the astrology, totem animal (one for each of them), website (i.e. video) analysis (Dan's videos weren't analysed, just "1 page" of Phil's), and the stars. Probably to make a more interesting video. Although horoscope "compatibility" ...

damn, this is the type of situations when i really miss the thank button

great job, i'm actually jealous i didn't think of doing that myself :lol:

but i did guess one of the things he bought, go me

'astrology compatibility'

i think you can tell how bored we all are judging by the amount of investigating that happened because of this video, this is why i love you idb
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

If I'm being totally honest, the Phan inside me was expecting some "compatibility reading" of sorts :lol: That, and the "I love you" with paperstarts commissioned by Dan from the UK makes me like even more this video.

Which gleamer will be the first to "be inspired" by this? :roll:
Of course, Dan avoiding people and being mesmerized by his iPhone sorting his contacts in alphabetical order
smarties
glabella

As always I'm late to the party....
anyway I really love the video...probably I would have like literally everything considering the content drought....
and as always I'm impressed by the detective skills of this forum!
sweetmm wrote:
I find this very interesting as it comes across as; "Guys I AM the expert on Phil" and now we know what noise Phil won't make even as a furry ;)
After this revelation by Dan, the only thing I can think about is Phil making up for the lack of "roaring" in his life...
Just imagine Phil roaring at Dan, and Dan just laughing back at him ...
(you can decide the scenario :mrgreen: )
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

smarties wrote:As always I'm late to the party....
anyway I really love the video...probably I would have like literally everything considering the content drought....
and as always I'm impressed by the detective skills of this forum!
sweetmm wrote:
After this revelation by Dan, the only thing I can think about is Phil making up for the lack of "roaring" in his life...
Just imagine Phil roaring at Dan, and Dan just laughing back at him ...
(you can decide the scenario :mrgreen: )
Oh god. Thanks for this GIF. Someone mentioned that she misheard Dan saying rawed instead of roared. After that, I cannot unhear it. Either way, I think Dan is the expert on these things about Phil. :butt:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

The NASA pics are really cute.
mez29 wrote:You can see exactly what Phil commissioned by looking at the URLs of the links on his reviews on the archived page:

for this info. It does look like he combined a few things together for the vid.
timtam
lady door

I liked the video but I didn't absolutely love it like most people here (is this what a content drought does to people?). Could have done with less persona. When I realised that the readings were even based on their personas I was a bit disappointed. I wanted more discussions like the phil has never roared in his life one!