Dan & Phil Part 14: Is This Tour Over Yet?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kusunoki masashige
butt chair

felucca wrote: Also I got all sappy because of Friendship Day today and because of some Wirrow drawings I saw earlier and somehow this happened.

I think I accidentally made a platonic shipping video ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just as I say how much I need a romantic deppy for my happiness, felucca goes and starts shippingthem platonically... _ノ乙(、ン、)_
(the vid'z cute doe)
Winston wrote:
For me I have slight anxiety every once in awhile when I am on my definitely just friends kick. Mainly because I can only see problems with that in the future, and the eventual end of their tight bond.
Exactly, I just don't want the thing they have now to end, and it kind of inevitably has to, if they are just friends.
karma_yeah
philussy

Apologies if the thread has moved on (3 pages behind) but I gotta go cause TATINOF tonight!

Put me down for +1 keep their hair styles (and longer like back in the day)

and loved the cute BFF tweets. I'm just
What goes around, comes around Image
Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

karma_yeah wrote:Apologies if the thread has moved on (3 pages behind) but I gotta go cause TATINOF tonight!

Put me down for +1 keep their hair styles (and longer like back in the day)

and loved the cute BFF tweets. I'm just
YAY Have so much fun Karma!
actions speak louder than words
bee
phabergé

felucca that was GREAT
eevee
emo goose

sweetmm wrote:
I really feel like I can die happy now.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
bluntedclaws
rainbow nerd

Ily felucca as always.
Sorry if I say something wrong. My first language is sarcasm. I've never really learned English
shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

eevee wrote:
sweetmm wrote:
I really feel like I can die happy now.
FINALLY SOMEONE DID IT.
(sorry not sorry for 'shouting' I just love this filter very much, aralik can testify :lol: )
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

hunnyftw wrote:Ickle,
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
hunnyftw wrote:[offtopic]starlight-still, I just saw your new avatar. Are you trying to kill me? Or kill any and all last remnants of productivity that I had left? I will now stare at it instead of doing anything with my life. Fuck you @AmazingPhil indeed. And fuck you @starlight-still for reminding me of this glorious video. I mean it in the nicest and the most p-l-a-t-o-n-i-c way possible of course :wink: [/offtopic]
"Fuck you"? Sure you don't mean "Fuck m---" -what? Hmm? No, I never said a word...
as always:
myself included
spaceguitar wrote:This forum sure is phan trash. The initial reaction i had was that Dan was trying to be funny, while also calling Phil his bff. If you don't want to see that as a no-homo, you don't have to, but
Agree with the part I bolded. I think a few people mentioned that when somebody is close to you saying stuff like "I hate you" or "fuck you" is often mutually understood to mean "I like you and appreciate the bond". So to me he's showing someone close to him affection and calling him his best friend only without specifying if that person is also something more for him because obviously he doesn't have to specify anything in a supposedly comedic tweet. And I personally find myself unable to see these types of funny yet affectionate statements as no-homoing
Honestly? I think everyone here is already trained to always have that in the back of their minds. For me discussing phan and freaking out about how cute they are doesn't mean I forget the possibility that phan isn't real, I just choose to leave that behind my mind and have fun discussing something I like to discuss about them
kooshka
living flop

Sometimes I just can't decide whether them being just friends is cool beans or if I'd have an emotional breakdown over it, but that tweet def made me melt with happiness even if it was them just being platonic biffles. this same notion goes to felucca's high-five vid
sweetmm wrote:
Yay new lockscreen background, the person that made this happen
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I don't really see as just friends or a couple anymore.

I mean, I want them to be a couple and I ship it hard... but nowadays I see them as life partners. I dunno what that entails for them but that's what I call them. Partners. And the longer they stay together, content with their lives and each other without saying anything or coming out and seemingly without desire for a relationship with someone else, the more they prove that to me. Could be romantic or platonic, soulmates can be either, it makes me happy either way.

My best friend theorizes that one day, like in 10 years (fuck our lives), they're gonna stop and realize that they're still together after all these years without anyone else by their sides, and that they have no desire for that to ever change. So they just remain as they are. Together.

I'd cry if they ever went seperate ways though, I wsh I was joking but...
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
000dia000
emo goose

sweetmm wrote:
they look so tan in this lighting?!?! even Phil!
:cactus:
idkm8
squish

The only thing that worries me in the same kind of sense is I think I recall Dan complaining about 'still renting' once or twice which obviously gives us the impression that if and when they leave the London flat he's definitely looking to buy.
I often think about how desperate he is to buy because we either have to face them going their separate ways or ??? would they still try and be ambiguous about literally owning a house together? I know it's a deciding factor for a lot of people in the are they / aren't they debate which they must have thought about also. It's been said a hundred million times but I'm really interested to see what happens after the tour.

At the end of the day, for two people who have seemingly spent almost everyday together for the last 6 years they don't seem to have any desire to get away from each other anytime soon. As of right now they're perfectly happily coexisting whether that be as a couple of as biffles.

Also sorry for my rambling, I'm terribly illiterate.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

Catallena wrote:I don't really see as just friends or a couple anymore.

I mean, I want them to be a couple and I ship it hard... but nowadays I see them as life partners. I dunno what that entails for them but that's what I call them. Partners. And the longer they stay together, content with their lives and each other without saying anything or coming out and seemingly without desire for a relationship with someone else, the more they prove that to me. Could be romantic or platonic, soulmates can be either, it makes me happy either way.

My best friend theorizes that one day, like in 10 years (fuck our lives), they're gonna stop and realize that they're still together after all these years without anyone else by their sides, and that they have no desire for that to ever change. So they just remain as they are. Together.

I'd cry if they ever went separate ways though, I wish I was joking but...
your post made me weirdly emotional? I think it's mostly because I relate with your view but I still don't have that much peace of mind with random days where I'll be freaking out about are they/aren't they/ i wish they were/etc... lol
I think I would be devastated and cry also if they went separate ways but I'm never ever saying this out loud
idkm8 wrote:The only thing that worries me in the same kind of sense is I think I recall Dan complaining about 'still renting' once or twice which obviously gives us the impression that if and when they leave the London flat he's definitely looking to buy.
I often think about how desperate he is to buy because we either have to face them going their separate ways or ??? would they still try and be ambiguous about literally owning a house together? I know it's a deciding factor for a lot of people in the are they / aren't they debate which they must have thought about also. It's been said a hundred million times but I'm really interested to see what happens after the tour.

At the end of the day, for two people who have seemingly spent almost everyday together for the last 6 years they don't seem to have any desire to get away from each other anytime soon. As of right now they're perfectly happily coexisting whether that be as a couple of as biffles.

bolded: you saying this made me realize that I'm one of those people who thinks buying a house would be a decisive factor in that debate and I'm not even ashamed, tbh my biggest hope is that's exactly what they're doing after the tour. But I try to keep myself in check.
Also agree that they must know this and it might have a big impact in their decision-making.
bolded2: This! This right there is why I think it would hurt so bad for us if they went their separate ways, lol. I know that I see their friendship as epic and it's a huge part in why I think phan is so perfect and why they should be together always to make each other happy and all this sappy shit
Jeweul
sad dimple

LurkingTrash wrote:

your post made me weirdly emotional? I think it's mostly because I relate with your view but I still don't have that much peace of mind with random days where I'll be freaking out about are they/aren't they/ i wish they were/etc... lol
I think I would be devastated and cry also if they went separate ways but I'm never ever saying this out loud
idkm8 wrote:The only thing that worries me in the same kind of sense is I think I recall Dan complaining about 'still renting' once or twice which obviously gives us the impression that if and when they leave the London flat he's definitely looking to buy.

bolded: you saying this made me realize that I'm one of those people who thinks buying a house would be a decisive factor in that debate and I'm not even ashamed, tbh my biggest hope is that's exactly what they're doing after the tour. But I try to keep myself in check.
Also agree that they must know this and it might have a big impact in their decision-making.
bolded2: This! This right there is why I think it would hurt so bad for us if they went their separate ways, lol. I know that I see their friendship as epic and it's a huge part in why I think phan is so perfect and why they should be together always to make each other happy and all this sappy shit
My question is why are they renting their flat? Surely they could own it, couldn't they? Have they expressed interest in living in a house besides them mentioning koi ponds and a house made only of glass? I could see them secretly just buying their flat and not moving at all, not until they're out of the spotlight, that is.
Winston
flower crown

Jeweul wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote:

My question is why are they renting their flat? Surely they could own it, couldn't they? Have they expressed interest in living in a house besides them mentioning koi ponds and a house made only of glass? I could see them secretly just buying their flat and not moving at all, not until they're out of the spotlight, that is.
I too have thought about this. And I hope that if they do not own it now, that hopefully/possibly that is their plan for when they get back. I think if they start to get new furniture (new couch since they said theirs was wrecked etc) would be telling signs of either ownership or at least staying put for a long while. Because really they can at least buy a new frigging couch. No one buys new (big ) furniture if they plan on moving soon. So I am on the look out for little things like that when they get back to London-with my fingers crossed so the phan side of my heart can breathe a temporary sigh of relief.
actions speak louder than words
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Winston wrote:
Jeweul wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote:

Winston wrote:I too have thought about this. And I hope that if they do not own it now, that hopefully/possibly that is their plan for when they get back. I think if they start to get new furniture (new couch since they said theirs was wrecked etc) would be telling signs of either ownership or at least staying put for a long while. Because really they can at least buy a new frigging couch. No one buys new (big ) furniture if they plan on moving soon. So I am on the look out for little things like that when they get back to London-with my fingers crossed so the phan side of my heart can breathe a temporary sigh of relief.
[/quote]

Didn't Phil say he bought a new mattress back right before the tour? If they were planing on moving in ether after tour or sometime soon, why buy something like that? the thought of getting the mattress up the stairs...dear god that sounds horrendous. And also they started to hang up things around the flat at the begining of the year because they didn't care about "getting their deposit back anymore" or something. To me, that's a big sign that moving isn't even crossing their minds at the moment.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
idkm8
squish

Jeweul wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote:

My question is why are they renting their flat? Surely they could own it, couldn't they? Have they expressed interest in living in a house besides them mentioning koi ponds and a house made only of glass? I could see them secretly just buying their flat and not moving at all, not until they're out of the spotlight, that is.[/quote]

I mean other than the hypothetical dog I couldn't see any reason for them to move out? I know they can't have one in that apartment right now because of their landlord but I think if they were to buy the place they would surely be able to get a dog if and when they want one but the only problem then would be the lack of garden and space in general
Jeweul
sad dimple

Honestly moving furniture from house to house isn't that big of a deal and I wouldn't see why they'd let such a minuscule problem get in their way of moving, of course I see where you guys are coming from with them wanting to stay in place, but who knows. We'll just have to let our fantasies carry us out 'til the end of the tour and hopefully they make up their mind soon, for our pleasure of course.
fancy_nancy
phabergé

Jeweul wrote:We'll just have to let our fantasies carry us out 'til the end of the tour and hopefully they make up their mind soon, for our pleasure of course.
More like phantasies right? hahah :lol: sorry I had to. About them moving: I think both of them have expressed interest in living in an actual house but it's probably not going to happen until their careers has calmed down a little bit, so maybe in two, three years, who knows, but when it happens i'll definitely take it as a confirmation, not that i'd put it past to say something about owning a house with your bff for "convenience. And I do wonder how attached they are to the flat, is there any way to know if they already own it?
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

fancy_nancy wrote:
Jeweul wrote:We'll just have to let our fantasies carry us out 'til the end of the tour and hopefully they make up their mind soon, for our pleasure of course.
More like phantasies right? hahah :lol: sorry I had to. About them moving: I think both of them have expressed interest in living in an actual house but it's probably not going to happen until their careers has calmed down a little bit, so maybe in two, three years, who knows, but when it happens i'll definitely take it as a confirmation, not that i'd put it past to say something about owning a house with your bff for "convenience. And I do wonder how attached they are to the flat, is there any way to know if they already own it?
according to the internet it hasn't been sold since 2009, but i don't know how fast these websites are updated, another one for example lists 1995 as the last time it's been sold, so maybe if they did buy it around the time they started hanging things on the walls it wouldn't say?

am i having a deja vu or did we have this exact same conversation a few months ago?
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

fancy_nancy wrote:
Phil has said a few times that he misses having a garden but I don't think buying furniture means that they will be staying there for longer, you can just take your personal stuff and hire a moving team and not worry about it.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Ugh, owning your own place is not without its downsides - you have to pay for everything! Tomorrow morning I get to wake up extra specially early to greet the A/C installers who are replacing my entire system because it failed to start this spring ($$$). Anyway, Phil's mysterious mention of Facebook serving him dog content.... Perhaps a garden is in the cards
Jeweul
sad dimple

trashqueen wrote:
am i having a deja vu or did we have this exact same conversation a few months ago?

Yep, we sure did.
akui
blobfish

Jeweul wrote:
trashqueen wrote:

Yep, we sure did.
We have this conversation every month.
sweetmm
angel bean

akui wrote: We have this conversation every month.
Did you get my message?