Dan & Phil Part 14: Is This Tour Over Yet?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

uglyamerican wrote: I sorta doubt that his parents are homophobic, considering the industry that they (the parents) work in where there are probably more "out" people than in the general workplace. If there is a strained relationship between Dan and his parents, it probably has more to do with his parents not supporting his decision to leave university - although time has shown it to be a good decision on Dan's part.
According to his draw my live video his mum seemed fine with him dropping out university, maybe only his dad wasn't as supportive
:biheart:
jhamba
procrastinator

NarrysCanary wrote:
uglyamerican wrote: I sorta doubt that his parents are homophobic, considering the industry that they (the parents) work in where there are probably more "out" people than in the general workplace. If there is a strained relationship between Dan and his parents, it probably has more to do with his parents not supporting his decision to leave university - although time has shown it to be a good decision on Dan's part.
According to his draw my live video his mum seemed fine with him dropping out university, maybe only his dad wasn't as supportive
I can see this.

I really disagree with the notion that he low key hates his parents. It doesn't seem that way to me. The kind of complaints he had about his parents is not the kind of thing that you'd hate your parents for, and while I don't think he has the best relationship with them, it's extremely simplistic to say that he hates them.

what it seems like to me is that both of Dan's parents had him very young, and were still working, and probably did not pay as much attention to him as they should have, which sucks, but it's not something someone would hate their parents for (resent them, sure. hate them? unlikely).

idk, maybe I'm being weird, but the word "hate" in this context makes me very uncomfortable
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
uglyamerican
woodland creature

esso wrote: They definitely will be taking I-5 up through the Central Valley. It's so difficult to navigate Yosemite's narrow cliff roads with large tour buses (I was so scared just driving a minivan through LOL).
Where is your sense of adventure?

Seriously, the road through Yosemite is a state highway, so it built to a standard that supports large vehicle traffic. It's not a divided highway like an interstate, but it can be done without too much drama. Just think of campers with their RVs.... Anyway, the bus driver is a professional / commercial driver who likely has years and miles of experience handling his vehicle in all kinds of situations. I say go-for-it! .
DryCereal
koi pond

No words. None.

IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Lain
eclipse shirt

IckleMissMayhem wrote: No words. None.
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

Phil has been taken over by a robot who only talks about food! :facepalm:
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
DryCereal
koi pond

Right. Who the everloving fuck told him that everything in N. America is naturally lactose-free. Someone must've, surely?! Cos... Just... :facepalm:

Lain, I'm a little bit in love with you.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

What the actual fuck Phil?

Like I get it that you have like most sugary diet on the planet but you do know that those sweet looking things have quite a bit of lactose in them.... And knowing it's Phil he will probably eat them with milk or even a milkshake...

This is not funny anymore.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

They're going to be amazing for his lactose intolerant body.
Poe
rainbow nerd

Phil's diet is out of control. Someone please take all that sugary food away from him and all the lactose food too. PLEASE!

Ticia your icon is amazing
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

jhamba wrote:
NarrysCanary wrote:
I can see this.

I really disagree with the notion that he low key hates his parents. It doesn't seem that way to me. The kind of complaints he had about his parents is not the kind of thing that you'd hate your parents for, and while I don't think he has the best relationship with them, it's extremely simplistic to say that he hates them.

what it seems like to me is that both of Dan's parents had him very young, and were still working, and probably did not pay as much attention to him as they should have, which sucks, but it's not something someone would hate their parents for (resent them, sure. hate them? unlikely).

idk, maybe I'm being weird, but the word "hate" in this context makes me very uncomfortable
I can relate to this topic a lot because I have a 'phil' relationship with my parents while my sister has a 'dan' relationship with them, I mean, it could be that I'm older and we still live with them but much comes from just peoples personalities, me and my sister are total opposites, she is so much more social and extroverted than me spending more of her time with her friends while I spend more of my time with my parents. At the end of the day we love and support each other even if we're not vocal about it. It's funny because if you look at our social media it looks just like 's: I talk a lot about good moments with my parents/have pictures with them and she just mentions them when It's to complain about something (that sounds like she's a teenager, lol, she's 22 - ps we're not weirdos, in our culture is more common than not to live with your parents until you're married or have a stable job/are older than 25). Also, I kinda get the sense that Dan is much more close with his grandparents, right? even before that photo of them at tatinof, I remember him talking about his grandma a few times and there's that liveshow where she called.

about politics: I mean, where I came from if you're 16 you can vote and if you're older than 18 you're obligated to vote and talks about politics happen way too often but no one ever indicates what they're gonna vote for, it's kinda taboo in a sense that I never even knew what my family voted for and only half knew what my closest friends that had lots of opinions voted. Even with people talking about it all the time it was talked about in a way that you could only get a sense of what they would vote but even then it wasn't easy.
yupitsme
sofa crease

Apparently it's national doughnut day today in the USA (to commemorate people who served doughnuts to WW1 soldiers.. you're a fascinating bunch of people :shock:) so it's not really Phil's choice is it?!

:lol:
Lain
eclipse shirt

IckleMissMayhem wrote: Lain, I'm a little bit in love with you.
The feeling is mutual, Ickle! We are all Mal.
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

yupitsme wrote:Apparently it's national doughnut day today in the USA (to commemorate people who served doughnuts to WW1 soldiers.. you're a fascinating bunch of people :shock:) so it's not really Phil's choice is it?!

Even thought this might be the case, there should be a Dam or a Dan between Phil and food.

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

yupitsme
sofa crease

Anonymousse wrote:
yupitsme wrote:Apparently it's national doughnut day today in the USA (to commemorate people who served doughnuts to WW1 soldiers.. you're a fascinating bunch of people :shock:) so it's not really Phil's choice is it?!

Even thought this might be the case, there should be a Dam or a Dan between Phil and food.
Don't worry, I agree haha! Though I'm 100% sure he just enjoys trolling/annoying us all. He really needs a :gg:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

Anonymousse wrote:What the actual fuck Phil?

Like I get it that you have like most sugary diet on the planet but you do know that those sweet looking things have quite a bit of lactose in them.... And knowing it's Phil he will probably eat them with milk or even a milkshake...

This is not funny anymore.
lol this thing moves so fast it's been hard to keep up with topics

I'm actually really worried now, like, I know that at home they do eat kinda healthy by all the cooking and all, but we've seen that having the chance/when they don't cook they choose the unhealthy option, i'm actually really worried what these months in the united states is doing to them.
I'm one of the few that don't mind that he tweets about food - but only talking about it is so boring - but oh my god, I wish I could be there to slap their hands away from unhealthy food, specially if you're working hard/spending that much energy on a show almost every night. They need the healthy stuff to keep them going or they're gonna crash pretty soon. :facepalm:
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Those doughnuts don't even look tasty to me
:biheart:
ironic
lady door

I'm gonna fuck you up. I'm gonna find where you live and I'm gonna punch you in the face.
And then cook you some nice healthy vegan meal for a change.
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
danphil333
hobbit hair

he needs help. someone save him. why he always so hungry? he trolling us :sideeye:

we need help. its come to the point where we are discussing the food-emoji tweets because nothing else is happening. How can they make a freaking tour so boring? are they trying to make it boring?

i actually laughed with the tweet and now i want donuts. i am losing my mind :facepalm: :facepalm:
i just want a video :sobs: :sobs: :sobs: :sobs:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

I just want to know what happened to dan vs phil agar.io thing, if they already have that filmed why they won't upload it?
do they know that we don't mind if they don't edit the thing at all? i dare say we would even prefer it lol
I am losing my mind over here too
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LurkingTrash wrote:I just want to know what happened to dan vs phil agar.io thing, if they already have that filmed why they won't upload it?
do they know that we don't mind if they don't edit the thing at all? i dare say we would even prefer it lol
I am losing my mind over here too
There are three weeks left of tour. I'm going to guess we get one AP video and two gaming videos (agario and Dil). I think they never planned on trying to film more than an Undertale and a Dil video as far as gaming goes, during the tour.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

eevee wrote:
Ticia wrote:On the other hand, there seems to be this widespread belief of Dan's parents being homophobic, and I really don't get why? OK, his grandmother is catholic and he doesn't talk a lot about the rest of his family, but I believe it's due to a mixture between what bedhead91 said (not being a tight-knot family, essentially), the really nice experiences his brother has had with the phandom and well, the contrast itself with the relationship of Phil and the Lesters. I recall something about watching the Lord of the Rings with his parents and Dan being embarrassed because his father wanted some male characters to kiss?
I'd like to respond to this because I'm one of the people who believes that...well, I call it my headcanon because there's not much to go on, so I can't really completely believe it to be true 100%. Anyway a big part of why I think that is because of no-homo-howell, although he was getting rude homophobes on liveshows, i could see him caring less about randos online and more about what his family would think if he were to be outed to them. He was protecting his secret like his life, and to me that infers that there was a bigger reason than "i don't want a handful of people who randomly clicked on my ls to dislike me." Also because of how little he tweets about them/talks about them as well, I got the sense he wasn't super close to them. But someone brought up that maybe he didn't bond with them past 18 which would make sense. His relationship with his parents/family probably isn't as easy as "they're homophobic, end of story" but to me it would make a lot of sense.
I think we've established that his parents probably were/are not homophobic for a number of reasons, and if if you don't mind me saying so I feel extremely uncomfortable that anyone could have a ''headcanon'' that Dan's parents are homophobic with so little evidence to go on. Dan's poor parents, people keep imaging them as these terrible people when we know nothing about them! You don't need to have homophobic parents to be insecure about your sexual identity! It's this projection thing again.

Also I'm probably going to drop ''parents discussion'' after this because it feels a bit invasive.

As for UK politics thing...Dan follows the Labour Party on Twitter, and by no stretch of the imagination could I imagine 2016 Dan voting for the Tories, and the same goes for Phil.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
bee
phabergé

on the thread name and love the banner oqua

@Phils tweets: I'm starting to think he is beyond over fan interaction and is keeping up his tweets out of obligation or whatever.
bedhead91 wrote: I think we've established that his parents probably were/are not homophobic for a number of reasons, and if if you don't mind me saying so I feel extremely uncomfortable that anyone could have a ''headcanon'' that Dan's parents are homophobic with so little evidence to go on. Dan's poor parents, people keep imaging them as these terrible people when we know nothing about them! You don't need to have homophobic parents to be insecure about your sexual identity! It's this projection thing again.
This
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Am I the only one that doesn't feel the content drought? I mean sure there is no live shows, but their YouTube uploading really hasn't changed. They only upload once a month on both their main channels and two-three gaming channel video a month anyways. The month of June has literally just started, videos should be going up in the next few days or so because of that.
Also something tells me them not tweeting much about the places their going on tour for one of four reasons: they are going to include small clips/stories about the memorable places in the documentary, they are just doing one big day in the life video, they are saving it for writing a second book, or they just want the small tourist things they do on tour to be their own memories and don't wanna share it. Honestly I never expected them to Tweet a lot of the places their going anyways, they didn't on the uk tour. It does get quiet annoying with the same topics being tweeted over and over again, I do think Phil especially, could work on tweeting something slightly more entertaining than food...
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
SquishPhan
capita£ester

confusedpanda wrote:Am I the only one that doesn't feel the content drought? I mean sure there is no live shows, but their YouTube uploading really hasn't changed. They only upload once a month on both their main channels and two-three gaming channel video a month anyways. The month of June has literally just started, videos should be going up in the next few days or so because of that.
Also something tells me them not tweeting much about the places their going on tour for one of four reasons: they are going to include small clips/stories about the memorable places in the documentary, they are just doing one big day in the life video, they are saving it for writing a second book, or they just want the small tourist things they do on tour to be their own memories and don't wanna share it. Honestly I never expected them to Tweet a lot of the places their going anyways, they didn't on the uk tour. It does get quiet annoying with the same topics being tweeted over and over again, I do think Phil especially, could work on tweeting something slightly more entertaining than food...
Yes to all of this.
I don't really feel the content drought either, especially since Dan's last video was not even a week ago. Doesn't mean that I won't welcome more content, because I always do, but I can't say that I'm feeling the drought.