Dan & Phil Part 15: F*ck Your Best Friend Day

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hunnyftw
phabergé

I'm ever so slightly irritated that the tour will continue in August but on the other hand if it was the european leg I'd be all over that shit so I really shouldn't whine too much :lol: Good for you Australians, hope all of you who want to see the show will be able to!
PolarFox wrote:*quietly chimes in*
okay boys, now it's Europe time, where is my Prague show date.
Happy for the aussies tho. I wonder if the golden suits are comming back or there will be new ones for EU or Australia
*high five* if they did a Prague show I would definitely go, it's very easily accessible from the place where I live. But I think there's no chance in hell they'd go there... they'd figure too few people know English well enough to be dedicated viewers in there. So right now I'm counting on Berlin. Not as easily accessible for me but still pretty good and I've read that they have a huge following in Germany so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will lure them to central Europe :D
daichii wrote: i'm quite close to being done with them tbh, havent rewatched any of their vids in a while. probs will change my mind after the next vid or ls but if not at least i'll be free
No no no it isn't a mindless venting, I understand you completely. I would like to go to a European show but at the same time I'm totally done with all their touring and I can't decide which of my wishes is stronger: 1) please end the tours already, or 2) please organise a tour close to my home so I can give you all my money. And maybe I wouldn't say I'm close to being done with them (because I'm far too sentimental for that and I grow very attached to people and things that once helped me through hard times) but I'm definitely not in the "totally obsessed" stage right now. I just check on them every now and then to see if something happened (usually nothing does :sideeye: ) and wish them well.

Tbh I can't wait for the days when I'll become totally once again. Right now I'm one leg in, one leg out :lol:
bedhead91 wrote:If they are doing a European tour it's would be unwise for them not to do an Amsterdam date, it's logistically the most accessible city in Europe. I certainly hope so, if they are I am going to organize a meet-up. :) Seeing Deppy in one of my favorite places in the world sounds like fun.
Tickets sell out really quickly for concerts there, so if they announce that they are going there I would advise to buy a ticket ASAP.
[offtopic]It's funny you mention Amsterdam's accessibility because my country has to be literally the only one in Europe that does not offer a cheap flight option to Amsterdam so it's not very accessible for me at all. It makes me salty af because I only managed to visit the place once and it was fantastic and I can't tell you how many times I wanted to revisit but couldn't because of that :sideeye:[/offtopic]
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

In other news, Dan is still Phil ;)
fancy_nancy
phabergé

daichii wrote:don't mind this post, i just wanted to vent a bit
I hope they do europe, asia or wherever they are planning to go to this year so that tatinof is completely done this year as well. They are so bad at keeping us entertained while on tour + the no spoilers policy has stopped most people from writing detailed reviews (thanks to all the ones that have posted theirs at the tatinof thread).
I agree with this so much, I can't wait for TATINOF to be over forever. I think i've said this before but to me they might as well be on hiatus, but then I feel guilty saying this bc I know i'm only salty bc i'll never see them live hahah if they came anywhere near me i'd be like yaaaas shove this whole tour up my ass i lovE IT
annetamiau
lady door

fancy_nancy wrote:
daichii wrote:don't mind this post, i just wanted to vent a bit
I hope they do europe, asia or wherever they are planning to go to this year so that tatinof is completely done this year as well. They are so bad at keeping us entertained while on tour + the no spoilers policy has stopped most people from writing detailed reviews (thanks to all the ones that have posted theirs at the tatinof thread).
I agree with this so much, I can't wait for TATINOF to be over forever. I think i've said this before but to me they might as well be on hiatus, but then I feel guilty saying this bc I know i'm only salty bc i'll never see them live hahah if they came anywhere near me i'd be like yaaaas shove this whole tour up my ass i lovE IT
I think the reason why we are so desperate or disappointed (or both at the same time) is that they are not doing liveshows. They have done one single liveshow while on tour. I think their liveshows are what keep people engaged in them, not their content. Their videos get a page or two of discussion, but liveshows (especially Dan's) keep us going for 3-4 pages at least (or used to, anyway).

Edit: When I said liveshows keep people engaged I meant the hardcore fans (like us)
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
starlight-still
truth bomb

annetamiau wrote: I think their liveshows are what keep people engaged in them, not their content. Their videos get a page or two of discussion, but liveshows (especially Dan's) keep us going for 3-4 pages at least (or used to, anyway).
Well...think of it this way. Yes, they've just announced that they'll be going on tour for another two weeks in August which means fewer ls, less content, etc...and it'll be more of the same when they do Europe...BUT now they have some free time a specific reason to come out of the woodwork and give us a little check-in at an, ahem, very convenient Saturday morning time for our Australian friends like about seven hours from now to #sponsponspon show us how much they care ;)
annetamiau
lady door

starlight-still wrote:
annetamiau wrote: I think their liveshows are what keep people engaged in them, not their content. Their videos get a page or two of discussion, but liveshows (especially Dan's) keep us going for 3-4 pages at least (or used to, anyway).
Well...think of it this way. Yes, they've just announced that they'll be going on tour for another two weeks in August which means fewer ls, less content, etc...and it'll be more of the same when they do Europe...BUT now they have some free time a specific reason to come out of the woodwork and give us a little check-in at an, ahem, very convenient Saturday morning time for our Australian friends like about seven hours from now to #sponsponspon show us how much they care ;)
Oh, please, I hope you are right (even though in 7 hours it will be 2-3 am here). They can go on tour forever, but please give us some liveshows here and there. It's almost annoying that they have only done a YouNow so far, in two months of tour.
annetamiau
lady door

Sorry to triple-post but have you seen updatedphan?

https://instagram.com/p/BGwqfhHNnyC/

Apparently, Dan was not flying with Phil (or at least the girl only saw Dan). Waiting for the #phandivorced theories to appear, but really what do you think? Why aren't they flying together? (Assuming the girl is right and Phil wasn't in the toilet or something)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

annetamiau wrote:Sorry to triple-post but have you seen updatedphan?

Apparently, Dan was not flying with Phil (or at least the girl only saw Dan). Waiting for the #phandivorced theories to appear, but really what do you think? Why aren't they flying together? (Assuming the girl is right and Phil wasn't in the toilet or something)
I really doubt Phil wasn't flying with him. It seems far more likely that Phil was checking them in, or getting food, or in the toilet.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

alittledizzy wrote:

I really doubt Phil wasn't flying with him. It seems far more likely that Phil was checking them in, or getting food, or in the toilet.
My thoughts exactly. There is no way that Phil wasn't there somewhere.
Rigby
lady door

trashqueen wrote:i'm glad we already knew because if this had been a surprise i would be moaning about thia fucking never ending tour right now but i already got it out of my system

good for u australians, i guess

but no seriously i'm so done with it when will it eeeeend please i'm a good person i don't deserve this

i think it makes it worse when you are from a place they will most likely never visit (i.e south america), there's no light at the end of the tunnel for us
Same. #bittertrash
DryCereal
koi pond

OK, my not-at-all-serious #phandivorced theory?

Phil really did steal the one and only bed(room) just for himself, and Dan and his sofa-crease-moulded spine (hence the posture) just couldn't take another night crammed in a bunk. He's getting old, don't cha know?!
So booked himself a flight instead. Jokes on you, Lester!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
hunnyftw
phabergé

SquishPhan wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:

My thoughts exactly. There is no way that Phil wasn't there somewhere.
Yeah yeah yeah, Phil must've been somewhere near yadda yadda I'm unable to really care because there's something different that strikes me here so much so that I have to make a comment on it even though it has nothing to do with anything and probably nobody will agree with me. I just want to say that it's an extremely lovely photo to me. I don't remember liking a fan photo that much for a long time. Something about the way she's holding him and her hands fall in just a right squishy place on his waist and he's so okey and natural about it makes me feel that this photo could almost pass off as a photo of very good friends or even more than friends on holidays. Also Dan looks lovely.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Hello! Please vote here for the next thread name!
busy being happy~
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

hunnyftw wrote: Yeah yeah yeah, Phil must've been somewhere near yadda yadda I'm unable to really care because there's something different that strikes me here so much so that I have to make a comment on it even though it has nothing to do with anything and probably nobody will agree with me. I just want to say that it's an extremely lovely photo to me. I don't remember liking a fan photo that much for a long time. Something about the way she's holding him and her hands fall in just a right squishy place on his waist and he's so okey and natural about it makes me feel that this photo could almost pass off as a photo of very good friends or even more than friends on holidays. Also Dan looks lovely.
I was just about to post something about how sweet it is, he's so cute and fluffy-haired, and so tall next to her not even up to his shoulder, and it's lovely how she's holding him, and her smile.
ironic
lady door

If there will be an European part of TATINOF, I expect it to be done within a week. Realistically, how many places they can go to? Germany, The Netherlands, Sweden maybe? What else?
Hopefully it will be over by autumn.

I'm really happy for all the people having great time at the show but from a selfish point of view I'm also looking forward to the end of the tour. I'm not prone to spending half of a monthly salary just to see two millionaires (no matter how lovely they are) so I know I'll never go, and I'm just waiting for videos and younow liveshows and whatever else they plan to do...

Meanwhile. Throw us a bone, I'm so bored.
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

flarequake wrote:
hunnyftw wrote: Yeah yeah yeah, Phil must've been somewhere near yadda yadda I'm unable to really care because there's something different that strikes me here so much so that I have to make a comment on it even though it has nothing to do with anything and probably nobody will agree with me. I just want to say that it's an extremely lovely photo to me. I don't remember liking a fan photo that much for a long time. Something about the way she's holding him and her hands fall in just a right squishy place on his waist and he's so okey and natural about it makes me feel that this photo could almost pass off as a photo of very good friends or even more than friends on holidays. Also Dan looks lovely.
I was just about to post something about how sweet it is, he's so cute and fluffy-haired, and so tall next to her not even up to his shoulder, and it's lovely how she's holding him, and her smile.
I agree that picture is lovely :)
:biheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

If they tour Europe, and I expect them to tbh, I hope they'll go all out and go everywhere as far as possible. I can't think how many countries are in Europe, but with at least one city per country, it could be a good amount of time and a nice trip for them to go around, see everywhere and everyone. I was expecting Europe to be one of their biggest trips anyway.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Slightly OT:

What are some decent sites to follow on Tumblr to keep tabs on D&P? I like to use this forum as a filter, but sometimes I think I might need the raw data ;)
soma
phillion/danosaur <//3

Ugh. The thought of them coming to Sweden makes me extremely anxious because I don't think I want to go (and I'm too embarrassed to go alone lol) but I can't stand the thought of missing it out?? Please just let this tour be over
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

uglyamerican wrote:Slightly OT:

What are some decent sites to follow on Tumblr to keep tabs on D&P? I like to use this forum as a filter, but sometimes I think I might need the raw data ;)
I get all my news from here or twitter before I ever see it on tumblr. I've yet to find a decent tumblr equivalent to updatedphan, at least not one that isn't riddled with opinions that I disagree with or tons of asks that are off-topic. (Which is not something I have an issue with in general, just makes it harder to follow for phan stuff sometimes.)

So in other words, I'm eager for recs, too.
hunnyftw
phabergé

NarrysCanary wrote:
flarequake wrote:
It's nice to see that I'm not the only one. high five, you two

flarequake wrote:If they tour Europe, and I expect them to tbh, I hope they'll go all out and go everywhere as far as possible. I can't think how many countries are in Europe, but with at least one city per country, it could be a good amount of time and a nice trip for them to go around, see everywhere and everyone. I was expecting Europe to be one of their biggest trips anyway.
This is all in good spirit but flarequake please, get real :lol: A quick google search told me that there are 51 countries in Europe. So there's that. And then there's the fact that a vast majority of them do not use English as their official language. There are countries where most people know English very well for one reason or another (for example I think that Scandinavian countries are known for that) and Deppy might garner a big enough audience there to pack a venue for a show, but in most of these countries that wouldn't be the case :lol:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

hunnyftw wrote:
This is all in good spirit but flarequake please, get real :lol: A quick google search told me that there are 51 countries in Europe. So there's that. And then there's the fact that a vast majority of them do not use English as their official language. There are countries where most people know English very well for one reason or another (for example I think that Scandinavian countries are known for that) and Deppy might garner a big enough audience there to pack a venue for a show, but in most of these countries that wouldn't be the case :lol:
51, wow, I didn't actually realise it's that big. Great geography I have :roll: I wasn't thinking literally every corner or with no English, but I'm an idealist and I'd expect more than just a scattered handful. That emoji doesn't really show good spirit.

All the wishing the tour was over is sad, they're touring the world at the pinnacle of their career and thousands of people are seeing their live show. I know what it's like to feel a void left by something, and I've been feeling it a lot lately from other things, but there is more to do in spare time than just these two's videos. I do think they could and should have prepared more, though we don't know how much work went into the tour beforehand that got in the way, but still we can more than survive without them.
notworthreading
phillion/danosaur <//3

hunnyftw wrote:
NarrysCanary wrote:
flarequake wrote:
It's nice to see that I'm not the only one. high five, you two

flarequake wrote:If they tour Europe, and I expect them to tbh, I hope they'll go all out and go everywhere as far as possible. I can't think how many countries are in Europe, but with at least one city per country, it could be a good amount of time and a nice trip for them to go around, see everywhere and everyone. I was expecting Europe to be one of their biggest trips anyway.
Absolutely. D&P are not going on holiday around the world: they're running a business. If there's no money to make then they won't bother.
I wouldn't limit their european tour to Sweden and Germany only, but I can't see them going to more than 6-7 countries. D&P do not have a huge european fanbase, or rather, not enough concentrated in each european countries to go everywhere.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

flarequake wrote:All the wishing the tour was over is sad, they're touring the world at the pinnacle of their career and thousands of people are seeing their live show. I know what it's like to feel a void left by something, and I've been feeling it a lot lately from other things, but there is more to do in spare time than just these two's videos. I do think they could and should have prepared more, though we don't know how much work went into the tour beforehand that got in the way, but still we can more than survive without them.
I think the thing bothering me most is that if they could manage one live show every other week then we'd have been fine, really. Video wise, they've more or less kept up. We'd like more but I think we've gotten about the same amount of videos while they're on tour as we would have if they were just sitting around at home. They both remember to tweet every day or two, post an couple of instagram updates a week, and go on at least one five/ten minute twitter response spree a week.

But because younow was our only real time, concentrated dose of solo Dan and solo Phil - without those, it feels like a drought no matter how much they've kept up everything else. I wonder if they are in tune enough with their audience to realize that?
corn flakes
moon room

I don't wish for the tour to be over, frankly I'll be happy if they visit as much places as possible but like alittledizzy said I miss the ls, also l'm bummed out that they are going to all those places and they can't grant us with a 5sec instagram video. Now that they are going to australia I hope for something more, I don't know like try some local product (isn't marmite from there?) share a photo with a koala or a wombat.

As for eu tour I would say yes 6/7 of them, some that I'm sure are Germany, Netherlands and France.
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me