Dan & Phil Part 15: F*ck Your Best Friend Day

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
swofro
angel bean
Pronouns: she/her

Quality top post
sweetmm wrote:
swofro wrote:
sweetmm wrote:swofro you need to catch a flight to Perth? ;)
I need to sell a bit of my soul to afford it

do i need a visa tho? How much money can I get if I sell a kidney?
For you, visa is just an online process.
Yeap, just check out immigration website and finally land on the right one, should I choose to go. Lol.

And I can actually afford it, after doing some calculation. I feel giddily excited knowing I can afford it, it just seems so unreal I just can't.
but ofc there are still matter of convincing my dad I'm not gonna get killed abroad and getting my hand on tatinof tickets

And ofc, if they are going to Singapore, they better tell me because it is way more cheaper.
Love is forever
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

The sassy princess strikes again
felucca
truth bomb

sweetmm wrote:
Anonymousse wrote:Boys pls, come to Netherlands or Sweden pls.

pls.
Hoping for Stockholm too, if the timing is right I may be there.
swEden!!1
Remember when Dan moved to Sweden? That was nice. :roll: Pls come back home bby, and bring Phil and all my internet peeps with you this time, mwah!
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

cora808 wrote:Image

The sassy princess strikes again
I love sassy Dan.
Lobster
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

Any idea how much Aus tour tickets are likely to cost? I'm trying to figure out if I can afford it.
smarties
glabella

I'm happy for all you Australian folks!!

so , if you're reading, I got a suggestion for a good management of the european tour (if there is going to be one...).
Since it's difficult to choose which countries to visit without letting down people in other countries etc, here you are a simple method to follow:

go to the Ryanair-Easyjet-Wizzair-Vueling websites -> find a cheap destination with the many connections to different airports around Europe (it's ok even if it's a not so well know destination, like minor cities in Spain, also Belgium is usually cheap) -> find a theatre nearby and book it for 5-6 days -> let the phandom invade the city -> it would be fun!!

Back to lurking...
timtam
lady door

I was hoping for a Saturday show! That would have been the only day I could go! I hate living in the country :(

I'm glad they are spacing out the shows a bit better though. Flights between Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth are only a couple of hours so fingers crossed they have time to see some sights. I'd love to see them do some touristy things but I also hoped they'd do that for the US but no. There's five days between Perth and Adelaide so maybe they'll do some stuff on the west coast of Australia? Nice place but not particularly tourist (well international) focused. I hope to hell they aren't planning on driving and that's why they allowed so much time. They will probably regret that. They were driving long distances in the US but Perth to Adelaide is terrible because its nothing but desert and there are very very few places to stop at!
PolarFox
truth bomb

*quietly chimes in*
okay boys, now it's Europe time, where is my Prague show date.
Happy for the aussies tho. I wonder if the golden suits are comming back or there will be new ones for EU or Australia
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
DryCereal
koi pond

I know the party line is/was they're organising the whole thing themselves, but...
Sounds like they've been told, rather than decided themselves "no to NZ"
what's the name of the TATINOFs production management/production company? Can't remember, can't be bothered looking.
[offtopic]Oh, and thanks to Poe - this sound familiar to anyone? ;)
[/offtopic]
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
corn flakes
moon room

for now I would try to convert in your rate but
As for europe I hope they are going to be sensible about it and choose cities that are easy to travel, but maybe like some of you suggested they are waiting to see how it's going to go the referendum for brexit.

Also, maybe I'm the only one but why didn't they do an announcement video for aus? do you think it will appear later on?
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
kooshka
living flop

I wonder if they decide where they have the shows based on where they can effectively go with a car? Like, just for the stage props. If that's so, most of the Europe would luckily be logistically possible, but I'm a bit afraid for Northern Europe :( (ugly sobbing from behind the baltic sea). I can't remember how hard/easy it is to get from Germany to Stockholm through Denmark, but it is a bit far away. Still hoping they'd go there, otherwise I'm just gonna hope for a Netherlands date and watch the show high off my mind to forget about the money it took from me to get there.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

idontreallyknow wrote:
flarequake wrote:
Re Netflix, have you tried Orphan Black?
At least it's not the ":o" face...I hate that one so much

And no, I haven't...is it good? I'm going to need something to watch after I binge watch oitnb season 4 in one day
Just 1 more hour until 3 am...
Yep, it is good. Well, I love it anyway.

Re NZ that is a shame. It was awful when they missed so much of Canada too, going so close and not everywhere on their one chance :(
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

kooshka wrote:I wonder if they decide where they have the shows based on where they can effectively go with a car? Like, just for the stage props. If that's so, most of the Europe would luckily be logistically possible, but I'm a bit afraid for Northern Europe :( (ugly sobbing from behind the baltic sea). I can't remember how hard/easy it is to get from Germany to Stockholm through Denmark, but it is a bit far away. Still hoping they'd go there, otherwise I'm just gonna hope for a Netherlands date and watch the show high off my mind to forget about the money it took from me to get there.
If they are doing a European tour it's would be unwise for them not to do an Amsterdam date, it's logistically the most accessible city in Europe. I certainly hope so, if they are I am going to organize a meet-up. :) Seeing Deppy in one of my favorite places in the world sounds like fun.
Tickets sell out really quickly for concerts there, so if they announce that they are going there I would advise to buy a ticket ASAP.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
timtam
lady door

kooshka wrote:I wonder if they decide where they have the shows based on where they can effectively go with a car? Like, just for the stage props. If that's so, most of the Europe would luckily be logistically possible, but I'm a bit afraid for Northern Europe :( (ugly sobbing from behind the baltic sea). I can't remember how hard/easy it is to get from Germany to Stockholm through Denmark, but it is a bit far away. Still hoping they'd go there, otherwise I'm just gonna hope for a Netherlands date and watch the show high off my mind to forget about the money it took from me to get there.
You'd be mad to try and get to shows in Australia in a car. It's over a day of straight driving to go from Perth to Adelaide. Are their stage props that big that they couldn't afford to pay extra room on an plane for them?
SquishPhan
capita£ester

bedhead91 wrote:If they are doing a European tour it's would be unwise for them not to do an Amsterdam date, it's logistically the most accessible city in Europe. I certainly hope so, if they are I am going to organize a meet-up. :) Seeing Deppy in one of my favorite places in the world sounds like fun.
Tickets sell out really quickly for concerts there, so if they announce that they are going there I would advise to buy a ticket ASAP.
I’m really hoping that they will come to Amsterdam as well. And I'm down for a meet-up. :)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

If they ever come to The Netherlands I'm not even sure I would go.

On one hand it's like a once in a lifetime opportunity to throw tomatoes at them.
On the other hand I Don't Care. And I possible have no money depending on when they're doing this.

Amsterdam is gonna be hard to resist tho, assuming they'll go to there and I don't see why they'd go anywhere else, cause I only live like less than 30 minutes away.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

Catallena wrote:If they ever come to The Netherlands I'm not even sure I would go.

On one hand it's like a once in a lifetime opportunity to throw tomatoes at them.
On the other hand I Don't Care. And I possible have no money depending on when they're doing this.

Amsterdam is gonna be hard to resist tho, assuming they'll go to there and I don't see why they'd go anywhere else, cause I only live like less than 30 minutes away.
If I'm going to be honest it's not even because I care about so much...you guys seem like fun. :lol: I turned into a disillusioned stan very quickly.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
kooshka
living flop

timtam wrote: You'd be mad to try and get to shows in Australia in a car. It's over a day of straight driving to go from Perth to Adelaide. Are their stage props that big that they couldn't afford to pay extra room on an plane for them?
Deppy flying and props in a car would've made sense, didn't realize it took over a day - but they do have some days between the dates. It would explain why they chose not to go to NZ. But then again I have absolutely no idea how expensive plain cargo is compared to driving the stuff around.

And honestly I kinda though I wouldn't want to go since idk if I'm in the right target group, but the reviews here have been so amazing. Wouldn't even think about it if it wasn't for IDB (and being way too far into the trashcan that is this fandom which is also kinda thanks to yall)
annetamiau
lady door

I've been weirdly excited for a European tour for a while, I really hope they do it. And I'm not even sure I'll enjoy the show (I'm definitely not their target audience either), but I guess after reading so many reviews/spoilers I feel like I need to see it (It's like you all have a toy that I don't have, and I want that toy too). Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with me, I've been watching them since May 2015 and I had no interest in going to the UK tour. Now I'm regretting it big time, since I could have gone to one of the shows easily. I really want so see Dan's grandma pose with his hand on his hip :lol: and my instincts tell me that they are more camp irl than on the internet, I want to check this too.

Congrats to all the people in Australia!! (And I'm sorry for NZ, I thought they'd go there too, as it's an English speaking country).
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
uglyamerican
woodland creature

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
what's the name of the TATINOFs production management/production company? Can't remember, can't be bothered looking.

Brierpatch is the theatrical management entity in the US - they probably advised / negotiated / booked the venues, managed the transportation / logistics, hired / oversaw local union labor / payroll, and probably financial / banking services wrt ticket / box office / concession revenue. Unclear if they will work with the international venues.

The FlipSide woman (with the attache / clipboard / portfolio trying to look organized marching around with them) seems to acting as an event manager.

D&P as the producers get to oversee all this stuff.
leisurely
squish

uglyamerican wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:

Brierpatch is the theatrical management entity in the US - they probably advised / negotiated / booked the venues, managed the transportation / logistics, hired / oversaw local union labor / payroll, and probably financial / banking services wrt ticket / box office / concession revenue. Unclear if they will work with the international venues.

The FlipSide woman (with the attache / clipboard / portfolio trying to look organized marching around with them) seems to acting as an event manager.

D&P as the producers get to oversee all this stuff.
This is the tatinof Australia agency http://wearenice.com.au/tickets/dan-phil
but is this different to management?
jess
living flop

kooshka wrote:
timtam wrote: You'd be mad to try and get to shows in Australia in a car. It's over a day of straight driving to go from Perth to Adelaide. Are their stage props that big that they couldn't afford to pay extra room on an plane for them?
Deppy flying and props in a car would've made sense, didn't realize it took over a day - but they do have some days between the dates. It would explain why they chose not to go to NZ. But then again I have absolutely no idea how expensive plain cargo is compared to driving the stuff around.
flying makes sense, but there's no way in holy hell they're gonna pay to fly the gear from city to city. This should work out well for them since they'll have some extra free time to be shameless tourists while the poor crew have to haul that shit cross continent.
cora808 wrote: Then I stumbled upon a post that simply said "Anyone going to the LA signing?"
I was confused because I'd seen literally zero mention of a signing from Deppy ANYWHERE. No Facebook, no twitter, no website, nothing.
Pretty sure that was me. Bwahahaha. I basically joined GG after lurking my brains out to see if I could find a buddy so I didn't feel like a total creep going to the signing. I ended up not going (because new job, self-creep shaming 8-) , etc.), but I'm glad I inadvertently catalyzed you meeting . :)
trashqueen wrote: but no seriously i'm so done with it when will it eeeeend please i'm a good person i don't deserve this
At least there'll be more buses to track down, ID, & digitally tear apart?
bee
phabergé

bedhead91 wrote:
Catallena wrote:If they ever come to The Netherlands I'm not even sure I would go.

If I'm going to be honest it's not even because I care about so much...you guys seem like fun. :lol: I turned into a disillusioned stan very quickly.
I don't know if I care enough about the show to bother trying to get tickets if they attend Amsterdam. But I would totally love coming to the meetup if there is one!

Anyway I'm over my temper tantrum over the AUS tour and I'm happy for you folks getting to go!

Re: Jake and Alex younow (I know I'm late, but I Have Thoughts, alright not really): It seemed like they were going to say something and then started backpedalling. It was weird to watch. I didn't understand the normal thing either. Why again is normal bad? Did they even mean normal?
But I guess I get other tubers not wanting to attract the wrath of phandom. Still it's interesting to hear these guys talking about them though I don't think they said much in the end.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

bee wrote:Re: Jake and Alex younow (I know I'm late, but I Have Thoughts, alright not really): It seemed like they were going to say something and then started backpedalling. It was weird to watch. I didn't understand the normal thing either. Why again is normal bad? Did they even mean normal? But I guess I get other tubers not wanting to attract the wrath of phandom. Still it's interesting to hear these guys talking about them though I don't think they said much in the end.

I watched the video hours after the convo on IDB about it so I'm glad this came up again. To me, they basically sounded like disillusioned fans. Like they saw them in a green room somewhere and Dan and Phil were just normal people - in other words, acting like professional adults and not like they do on camera - and these guys were disappointed by it.

That, and maybe some small youtuber jealousy/bitterness at play, too.
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

don't mind this post, i just wanted to vent a bit
I hope they do europe, asia or wherever they are planning to go to this year so that tatinof is completely done this year as well. They are so bad at keeping us entertained while on tour + the no spoilers policy has stopped most people from writing detailed reviews (thanks to all the ones that have posted theirs at the tatinof thread).

Don't feel like there would be a ls but perhaps they'll post a vid today. Not keeping my hopes up at all. After us tour they'll hide away for a couple weeks and tweet just to remind us of the new tour dates

i'm quite close to being done with them tbh, havent rewatched any of their vids in a while. probs will change my mind after the next vid or ls but if not at least i'll be free .-.