The Dan and Phil White Whale - requests

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:56 am I feel like I'm losing my mind a little bit. I within the last few days, I watched a video of their radio show that was the full thing, music too. And its gone now. It was on YouTube, in guessing copyright is why it went down.

Is there any other way to watch the full shows, with music?
ah, damn. i knew that would start happening eventually, and that sometimes random shows do just disappear. i actually don't know the answer to your question, i feel like unfortunately there isn't which is kind of scary. i'll ask around and PM you.

mod note: edited: for clarity!

please don't post links if you do find whole radioshows uploaded elsewhere. clips on fan channels that fall under fair use policy are fine. the shows themselves have a history of being deleted (from youtube and other platforms) for copyright once the views get up. sharing them publicly will risk them being deleted once again.

just use the private message function on here for now, and/or message a moderator.
art in avatar by lily
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

mermaid blood wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:37 am
MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:56 am I feel like I'm losing my mind a little bit. I within the last few days, I watched a video of their radio show that was the full thing, music too. And its gone now. It was on YouTube, in guessing copyright is why it went down.

Is there any other way to watch the full shows, with music?
ah, damn. i knew that would start happening eventually, and that sometimes random shows do just disappear. i actually don't know the answer to your question, i feel like unfortunately there isn't which is kind of scary. i'll ask around and PM you.

mod note: edited: for clarity!

please don't post links if you do find whole radioshows uploaded elsewhere. clips on fan channels that fall under fair use policy are fine. the shows themselves have a history of being deleted (from youtube and other platforms) for copyright once the views get up. sharing them publicly will risk them being deleted once again.

just use the private message function on here for now, and/or message a moderator.
I actually happened to find it again and it was actually on the official BBC Radio 1 YouTube channel, so I’ll drop the link here. I’m on mobile, so if someone would be kind enough to edit it to be embedded or at least purdy

Last edited by mermaid blood on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: youtube embed
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

oh sweet! thanks. i wish they were all up on the bbc site...

i should mention also, if anyone would like a link to where you can watch the radioshows just PM me.
art in avatar by lily
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

something something radio show doc that i put together in 2016 something something deppyshows.tumblr.com ;)
that is all
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

haha thank you @susannah, i didn't know if you wanted to be shouted out publicly or not.

everyone go watch the radioshow! i'm always struck by how many newer fans say they've never seen it, to me it's an integral part of their story and some of the best content they ever put out.
art in avatar by lily
obvsly
#relatable

Hey guys, I'm really sorry if this had been asked and answered before, but do we know exactly when the mole next to Dan's mouth (in the gif) is gone? I searched mole but couldn't find anything specifically about it here. Maybe I just missed the discussion. I think it's big enough to must have been surgically removed rather than just faded away?

phillyforgot
butt chair

obvsly wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:33 am Hey guys, I'm really sorry if this had been asked and answered before, but do we know exactly when the mole next to Dan's mouth (in the gif) is gone? I searched mole but couldn't find anything specifically about it here. Maybe I just missed the discussion. I think it's big enough to must have been surgically removed rather than just faded away?

I don't think I've ever heard Dan say anything about the mole there. I don't think he's ever made a clear statement about it. Maybe someone else here knows better. :shrug:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Hello! Bit of an obscure request, but here goes: apparently a mutual friend of mine was noticed by Dan in a liveshow around 2013? She made a video bashing(?) (trolling?? idk) his apartment tour video from April 2013 and it seemed to make a lot of people mad? When it was brought up in the chat Dan said he had seen it. Does anyone know where this clip could be? Currently watching the 1 hour one from the same week after he uploaded the apartment tour video? Thanks!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

obvsly wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:33 am Hey guys, I'm really sorry if this had been asked and answered before, but do we know exactly when the mole next to Dan's mouth (in the gif) is gone? I searched mole but couldn't find anything specifically about it here. Maybe I just missed the discussion. I think it's big enough to must have been surgically removed rather than just faded away?

He could have definitely had it professionally removed.

But also, that September (2010), he posted a now-privated video called "SELF MUTILATION" where he talked about how he tends to "excavate" pimples/whatever else off his face (and in doing so, makes them worse). By the time that video came around, the mole was gone, sooooo..... That's my really gross theory.
loveparanoia
tol bean

whose concert is at 00:10 ? I've been wondering for ages
Last edited by lefthandedism on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
malday
emo goose

loveparanoia wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:33 pm whose concert is at 00:10 ? I've been wondering for ages
Sounds like
Reizam
butt chair

loveparanoia wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:33 pm whose concert is at 00:10 ? I've been wondering for ages
I THINK that's still Kendrick Lamar? Correct me if I'm wrong folks!
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Reizam wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:37 pm I THINK that's still Kendrick Lamar? Correct me if I'm wrong folks!
Going to have to agree that it was "iamamiwhoami" in 2013. This is what their set looked like around that time, versus Kendrick Lamar's much bigger stadiums. Granted I've never listened to either artist lmao

Article/Image
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

rizzo wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:13 am

But also, that September (2010), he posted a now-privated video called "SELF MUTILATION" where he talked about how he tends to "excavate" pimples/whatever else off his face (and in doing so, makes them worse). By the time that video came around, the mole was gone, sooooo..... That's my really gross theory.
in that case, are we sure it's a mole and not just a scabbed over pimple he'd picked at (which would have healed)?
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

hiddenwombat wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:01 pm

in that case, are we sure it's a mole and not just a scabbed over pimple he'd picked at (which would have healed)?
It almost certainly was not a mole. Mole removal involved significant surgery (since moles could be/become cancer). A picked-at pimple, even a recurring one, seems more likely.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Ok so i've been searching for a while, but I think I need help.
Someone please confirm there was a video of DnP doing a sponsored dating app video? (where they had to go on "dates") I think someone like a 'host' (idk another term) came over to their london apartment and it was a very interview style video? I can't find any evidence of it existing. (It would have been between 2012 and 2014???)
Thanks!
kavat
pastel persona

sonicgreen wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 am Ok so i've been searching for a while, but I think I need help.
Someone please confirm there was a video of DnP doing a sponsored dating app video? (where they had to go on "dates") I think someone like a 'host' (idk another term) came over to their london apartment and it was a very interview style video? I can't find any evidence of it existing. (It would have been between 2012 and 2014???)
Thanks!
I think this is what you're looking for
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

lefthandedism wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:08 pm
hiddenwombat wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:01 pm

It almost certainly was not a mole. Mole removal involved significant surgery (since moles could be/become cancer). A picked-at pimple, even a recurring one, seems more likely.
storytime: i had a mole on my side and i accidentally scratched it off one day as a teenager. it bleed...a LOT. but scabbed over, then healed. and never 'grew back', so to speak. i can only very faintly see where it used to be, and even then it's hard to tell.

i agree it's less likely on dan because his didn't appear to be raised, but mine was only slightly raised (you couldn't have seen it was unless i turned side profile).
art in avatar by lily
sonicgreen
woodland creature

kavat wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 6:27 am
sonicgreen wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 5:55 am Ok so i've been searching for a while, but I think I need help.
Thanks!
I think this is what you're looking for
Thank you! Wow even more awkward than I remember, gotta make that sponsored $$$ somehow. (I also completely misremembered the years)
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

been looking for the clip of dan talking about the times he's been in love, can anyone help?
alch
ar·tic·u·late

sugar wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:59 am been looking for the clip of dan talking about the times he's been in love, can anyone help?

I'm not sure if there's an actual clip, but I'm pretty sure the quote comes from formspring
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

alch wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:46 am
sugar wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:59 am been looking for the clip of dan talking about the times he's been in love, can anyone help?

I'm not sure if there's an actual clip, but I'm pretty sure the quote comes from formspring
yes this is it! makes sense now that i haven’t been able to find it as a vyou answer or liveshow clip haha. thank you :)
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

the other day i was looking for the old liveshow clip where they're both in the kitchen making something and dan follows phil around automatically closing the kitchen cupboards that phil leaves open. does anyone have it?

(lol this is ironic given that i maintain a comprehensive doc of liveshow links)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Susannah wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:27 am the other day i was looking for the old liveshow clip where they're both in the kitchen making something and dan follows phil around automatically closing the kitchen cupboards that phil leaves open. does anyone have it?

(lol this is ironic given that i maintain a comprehensive doc of liveshow links)
I think you mean this ancient liveshow clip of them making milkshakes?

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

Catallena wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:52 am I think you mean this ancient liveshow clip of them making milkshakes?

oooh yes thank you! i KNEW dan had a red jumper and they were making something. i was like, are they checking rice? making hot chocolate? making dinner? doing a kitchen tour? damn those old liveshows were gold :wahh: