The Dan and Phil White Whale - requests

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
000dia000
emo goose

A thread where you can leave short clips, gifs or pictures of anything Dan and Phil related where other users can help you find the source.

Moderator post:
Quick clarification - This thread is for requesting help from other users in finding the source of something, re-finding specific things from your memory through providing a description, etc. For all other general Dan and Phil related frequently asked questions and answers, please go here: FAQ subforum; and specifically the FAQ discussion thread. Thanks! :)
:cactus:
000dia000
emo goose

A "White Whale" is something you've been searching years to find but with no luck
I had the idea from subreddit where people try to find something they can't name or place:
/r/tipofmytongue
Or from the question I got the thread title from:
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme ... ing_youve/
Some places on reddit may be NSFW, I don't want to accidentally link anything that's against any rules However I thought it might be worthwhile to check out for anyone who wanted to ask a specific question non related to the thread or just check it out there is no Dan or Phil discussion on Reddit so it is not worthwhile to even go to their subreddits
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

From the main thread:
Ticia wrote:While we wait for a LS announcement , can anyone tell if this is photoshopped or not, and if not, where does it come from?

It's real, it's from a dinner Tyler Oakley had at Playlist to celebrate his birthday in 2013 (if I remember correctly).

Original photo was by Hannah Hart I think (she featured at least). Original:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

Wow that was fast! Thank you Catallena :platonic: I kind of doubted it was real because they seem very chill and drunk :lol:
hunnyftw
phabergé

Ticia wrote:Wow that was fast! Thank you Catallena :platonic: I kind of doubted it was real because they seem very chill and drunk :lol:
If the striked part is true, and I'm definitely not implying that it is lol, then I think what I need in my life right now is about 100 pictures and 20 videos of drunk!Phil. He looks like a supermodel here
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

hunnyftw wrote:
Ticia wrote:Wow that was fast! Thank you Catallena :platonic: I kind of doubted it was real because they seem very chill and drunk :lol:
If the striked part is true, and I'm definitely not implying that it is lol, then I think what I need in my life right now is about 100 pictures and 20 videos of drunk!Phil. He looks like a supermodel here
I had no idea that ever happened so I of course scrolled down her insta to get to the original

link: https://www.instagram.com/p/XL4uDZRTAf/?taken-by=harto
caption: Pouty mouth 9000 @amazingphil @danisnotonfire
I've been thinking for years now how I would like for these 3 to collab. This photo made me very happy
edit: Phil really does look like a supermodel, wow
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Just because I can, here's a photo of with Tyler, Jack and Finn (damn remember when they were relevant? for like... a year.) taken on that same night. Phil really does look great

cr. https://twitter.com/tyleroakley/status/ ... 6355790848
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote:Just because I can, here's a photo of with Tyler, Jack and Finn (damn remember when they were relevant? for like... a year.) taken on that same night. Phil really does look great

cr. https://twitter.com/tyleroakley/status/ ... 6355790848
I've never seen this picture before and Phil does look great ...He looks natural ? I like it
:biheart:
brq
phillion/danosaur <//3

Can someone explain to me the whole 'angry phil DM' thing? I wasn't on twitter when this went down and I can't find anything explaining it :(
:prideheart2:
backin09
living flop

brq wrote:Can someone explain to me the whole 'angry phil DM' thing? I wasn't on twitter when this went down and I can't find anything explaining it :(
I think it started a few weeks before the book was released, a person got the book early and posted pictures of it and Phil sent them a DM on Twitter telling the person not to spoil the book. It's become an inside joke i don't wanna say meme to get an 'angry DM' from Phil when someone does something that Phil wouldn't like. <- phil writing those dm's
I hope this explains it for you
I'm really tired, so if this doesn't make sense I blame my tiredness
without the internet, we never would have met
Ticia
suspended
Pronouns: her / she

backin2009 wrote:
brq wrote:Can someone explain to me the whole 'angry phil DM' thing? I wasn't on twitter when this went down and I can't find anything explaining it :(
I think it started a few weeks before the book was released, a person got the book early and posted pictures of it and Phil sent them a DM on Twitter telling the person not to spoil the book. It's become an inside joke i don't wanna say meme to get an 'angry DM' from Phil when someone does something that Phil wouldn't like. <- phil writing those dm's
[offtopic]
How could anyone get an early copy of the book? Like an editor's son/daughter?
[/offtopic]
Winston
flower crown

Ticia wrote:
backin2009 wrote:
[offtopic]
[/offtopic]
Librarians and book sellers and get advanced copies. I got all the harry potter books as advance first edition copies. I had those read by the time kids were lined up at book stores. :D
actions speak louder than words
mez29
procrastinator

Did I recently hear an anecdote about Phil signing his name ‘Ovum’, or was it a dream?
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Winston wrote:
Ticia wrote:
backin2009 wrote:
[offtopic]
[/offtopic]
Librarians and book sellers and get advanced copies. I got all the harry potter books as advance first edition copies. I had those read by the time kids were lined up at book stores. :D
If my memory serves me right, some of the bookstores in Europe where the fans ordered from, shipped it to them earlier than the official release date.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

does anyone know where this is from? Was this for an apartment red video or something?
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
Rusty
phillion/danosaur <//3

confusedpanda wrote: does anyone know where this is from? Was this for an apartment red video or something?
It's somewhere around here:
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Rusty wrote:
confusedpanda wrote: does anyone know where this is from? Was this for an apartment red video or something?
It's somewhere around here:
Thank you so much for finding this! :D This whole video truly did feel like a predecessor to Dan's whole nicer internet thing he did with radio one last year.
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
000dia000
emo goose

Guys, I found this on tumblr:
I don't know where it came from or if it's part of Phil's lost history but I'm very curious
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

I've never seen this pic before and don't remember it from Japhan (admittedly, my memory is hazy). Real or a manip? It kinda looks like there was someone standing in between them who has been cut out.

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

mysterylovescompany wrote:I've never seen this pic before and don't remember it from Japhan (admittedly, my memory is hazy). Real or a manip? It kinda looks like there was someone standing in between them who has been cut out.

Yeah that's a manip. No idea about the original pic, but I assume there's a fan standing in between them considering the standard meet & greet expressions they have on their faces.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Reizam
butt chair

I have a white whale...

I've seen a few mentions here and elsewhere that Phil took Dan to his high school reunion, but when I tried looking it up I only found a few tweets from Phil, and they never mentioned anything about Dan being there... is there actually proof of this or is it merely speculation? If people sherlocked their way into finding out, how did they come to this conclusion?
time-will-tell
banned

Reizam wrote:I have a white whale...

I've seen a few mentions here and elsewhere that Phil took Dan to his high school reunion, but when I tried looking it up I only found a few tweets from Phil, and they never mentioned anything about Dan being there... is there actually proof of this or is it merely speculation? If people sherlocked their way into finding out, how did they come to this conclusion?
We found Dan went with Phil because a girl posted a photo with them at a restaurant up in Manchester. But the girl took it down because it got too much attention that she didn't want. Phil mentioned Dan going with him in a live show as well, basically confirming it.
he mentions dan briefly around 0:30 when talking about the train story. Also again at 0:56 when someone asked about it.
Reizam
butt chair

time-will-tell wrote:
Reizam wrote:I have a white whale...

We found Dan went with Phil because a girl posted a photo with them at a restaurant up in Manchester. But the girl took it down because it got too much attention that she didn't want. Phil mentioned Dan going with him in a live show as well, basically confirming it.
he mentions dan briefly around 0:30 when talking about the train story. Also again at 0:56 when someone asked about it.
Hey thanks! That pretty much solves it right there eh? :lol:
ritalingunner
first-time poster

Image found this. not sure how, not sure why. anyone know what it is or has the non blurry version?
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

I vaguely remember a radio show where Phil threatened to call the police if Dan played Allstar again, does anyone know which show it was please?