Dan & Phil Part 16: Old, Hungover, and Probably High

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
bee
phabergé

SquishPhan wrote:
bee wrote:
I'm way too excited about this.
if the making-of is how they made it and how they think of it, YES please

edit: oh I'm dumb (and need to gtf to sleep) it's a documentary so yes
Last edited by bee on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
majitzu
angel bean

NETFLIX!!

Edit: He delete the netflix tweet ... WHAT? I'll have to figure how to buy it from youtube then. But i hope it stilld comes out on netflix
Last edited by majitzu on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Glad to hear they'll be releasing the show and a making of documentary! Exciting
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Poe
rainbow nerd

majitzu wrote: NETFLIX!!
Seems like they really did find out a way to release them at relatively the same time for everyone. Impressive
iero
phabergé

i'm so excited! i couldn't make it to the tour so i'm happy i'll be able to watch it also i'm v happy that there's a making-of documentary ahh

i'm assuming it will be released at the end of the year after the aus dates & more if they announce any? wish it was released on dvd
Last edited by iero on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
000dia000
emo goose

glorious now may they please release it by the end of the week, that'd be great thanks

I hope that the footage is actually something new and unseen creatively, it will be a tad disappointing if it was an hour and a half of cereal and innuendos. I doubt we will get anything too insightful or meaningful to be honest :? I'm more probably being too optimistic but I hope they open up a bit more about themselves rather than the Danisnotonfire™ and AmazingPhil™ brand
:cactus:
identikit
smol bean

bee wrote:
Wooo. Yay. Much excitement. Very surprise. \._./
Happy that it isn't ytr exclusive tough! I probably still have a rusty, unused iTunes card lying around somewhere :roll:

I can't decide whether Dan looks like he's ready to kill, or ready to be killed.
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

We got a post show interview, watch out for us on the DVD :lol:
karma_yeah
philussy

RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:
hiddenwombat wrote: ETA: the cocktails they had on offer in the bar all featured cherry. They know. They're out there
This. I don't know why but it makes me insanely happy. I know that they know that we know. But it's little things like this when they do acknowledge things, even if very "subtly" and "indirectly", that makes me think they're a whole lot more comfortable with the shipping now. I may have phan glasses on but I hope this leads to being more open about what they have, whatever it is. Or maybe I'm just total :lol:
+1 for this! I really admire how subtly they manage to acknowledge things without substantiating anything! Clever, clever. I remain

And the wedding cake thing :wtf: -- that "phanservice" is above and beyond. Hope that's not their subtle message to us that that's the closest we'll ever get to seeing them sharing wedding cake. That thought makes me sad and I hope I'm wrong
What goes around, comes around Image
fakelights
living flop

kuensukki wrote:
fakelights wrote:
hiddenwombat wrote:ITS LIVE FANFICTION ALTERNATE ENDINGS dan and phil as pirates in space eating a delicious cake. Phil picked up a chunk of cake with his hand and fed it to dan wedding style.
Oh! I think this is actually exciting. Since the other options hardly ever got chosen, I think it's great they are performing them as well for recording purposes. If I am to buy it, I want it all
The funny thing is in the Sac show people screamed 3x more for space but they still chose camping. I'm guessing it's because they wanted to save to for the last show but now I'm bummed out. I wanted to see some cake feeding fanservice :cry:
I did hear about something like that other times too, but thought it was a small amount of screams that made the difference and they just choose to do the more common one... The cowboys bit was probably the less exciting option, why are you like this D&P??? But at least now we all get to see it?! (yay/nay?! )

And wow what a surprise!!1!! TATINOF on Youtube Red... Who knew?! ;)
identikit
smol bean

hiddenwombat wrote:We got a post show interview, watch out for us on the DVD :lol:
How old are you if I may ask? Considering you're an articulate idb member you're probably not on phandom-brand enough to actually make it into the final cut.

[offtopic]Why is a steaming cup called daddy ._.[/offtopic]

Edit:
And the wedding cake thing :wtf: -- that "phanservice" is above and beyond. Hope that's not their subtle message to us that that's the closest we'll ever get to seeing them sharing wedding cake. That thought makes me sad and I hope I'm wrong
I don't necessarily think that there's anything wrong with this what you call "phanservice" - but I feel like one of the reasons those m&g photos including proposing/almost-kiss/otherboundarybreaking that were discussed earlier might not happen as frequently if it wasn't for things like this. Cause, in the mind of a teenage phangirl, when Dan and Phil do and to some extent even encourage these things...Why would it be seen as problematic or inappropriate for these girls to hop onto the bandwagon?
Obviously they're 2 seperate things, but for younger people that might not be easily distinguishable.
That's what you get for making everything #domestic #bants #totesplatonic and cater towards 14-year-olds. :gg:
Last edited by identikit on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

The way the tweet is worded, it looks like the Dolby performance(s) will be the basis for the TATINOF You Tube Red Original filmed version of the show, and then the making-of doc will be bonus content(?)
eevee
emo goose

karma_yeah wrote:
RiriPandaHeart2 wrote:
hiddenwombat wrote: ETA: the cocktails they had on offer in the bar all featured cherry. They know. They're out there
This. I don't know why but it makes me insanely happy. I know that they know that we know. But it's little things like this when they do acknowledge things, even if very "subtly" and "indirectly", that makes me think they're a whole lot more comfortable with the shipping now. I may have phan glasses on but I hope this leads to being more open about what they have, whatever it is. Or maybe I'm just total :lol:
+1 for this! I really admire how subtly they manage to acknowledge things without substantiating anything! Clever, clever. I remain
I hate to break it to you guys but I'm 99% sure the drinks are up to the venue, my venue didn't have any special cherry drinks, just a regular sh*tty bar with minimal liquor and mixers. :?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
fancybum
senpai

Edit: He delete the netflix tweet ... WHAT? I'll have to figure how to buy it from youtube then. But i hope it stilld comes out on netflix
Why did he do this so rushed, he should be at a m&g right now, no? These guys.

edit: aw danandphiltour.com now only has Aus dates on it, it looks so empty now
Last edited by fancybum on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
corn flakes
moon room

to sum up: two different things only on yt:tatinof and the making of?
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

A lot just happened very fast and I feel a bit phlustered. (....sorry.)

I don't hate the YTRed thing. Makes the most sense for 2 YouTubers. Also really exciting hear they're the first UK project. I feel weirdly proud. :sobs: Everything Dan's explaining on his Twitter-spree right now makes sense and is gr8.

Also wedding cake? Sign me the fuck up! Phan service: Will pay.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

As what we expected the added show was mainly to ensure enough footage for documentary, so selling was not the main intention (I'm thinking that goes for the London added show too).
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

eevee wrote:
I hate to break it to you guys but I'm 99% sure the drinks are up to the venue, my venue didn't have any special cherry drinks, just a regular sh*tty bar with minimal liquor and mixers. :?[/quote]

Oh. There goes my theory. :lol: But it's okay though. It's still a nice coincidence.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
karma_yeah
philussy

identikit wrote:
hiddenwombat wrote:We got a post show interview, watch out for us on the DVD :lol:
How old are you if I may ask? Considering you're an articulate idb member you're probably not on phandom-brand enough to actually make it into the final cut.

[offtopic]Why is a steaming cup called daddy ._.[/offtopic]

Edit:
I don't necessarily think that there's anything wrong with this what you call "phanservice" - but I feel like one of the reasons those m&g photos including proposing/almost-kiss/otherboundarybreaking that were discussed earlier might not happen as frequently if it wasn't for things like this. Cause, in the mind of a teenage phangirl, when Dan and Phil do and to some extent even encourage these things...Why would it be seen as problematic or inappropriate for these girls to hop onto the bandwagon?
Obviously they're 2 seperate things, but for younger people that might not be easily distinguishable.
That's what you get for making everything #domestic #bants #totesplatonic and cater towards 14-year-olds. :gg:
Oh, I totally agree! They are absolutely encouraging it (and welcome by the way!) And them encouraging it can cut 2 ways. If they're together, they're acknowledging it with a wink without saying it outright. If they aren't together . . . then I think it raises the question of "why would they behave that way?" (aside from the obvious "because they're making a fortune on it" -- which may very well be the simple answer, to which I would shake my head in disappointment at them for being disingenuous, but maybe even more so in myself for being a gullible sap)
Lain
eclipse shirt

identikit wrote: [offtopic]Why is a steaming cup called daddy ._.[/offtopic]
Great username, by the way.
fancybum
senpai

Do you think they'll still throw us a (free) bone by posting something DITL-esque on Phil's channel from the tour? I know they'll both get revenue from the YTRed thing, but since Dan said that'll go on his channel, Phil's kind of getting boned a bit on content there. Hmm?

edit: No matter what, count on wetheunicorns to always be up D&P's ass:
Wonder if they'll be at tatinof tonight too
Last edited by fancybum on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
eevee
emo goose

fancybum wrote:Do you think they'll still throw us a (free) bone by posting something DITL-esque on Phil's channel from the tour? I know they'll both get revenue from the YTRed thing, but since Dan said that'll go on his channel, Phil's kind of getting boned a bit on content there. Hmm?
Well, they're releasing two things, a TATINOF movie and separately a documentary of the making of (from what I understand). So one will probably be on each channel!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm actually fine with it being on YTR. I think YouTube is the best choice they could make, because YouTube has the most vested interest in making sure Dan and Phil stay happy. Considering they're going to be groundbreakers for UK Originals, I bet the deal they were offered is especially nice.

What I'm not crazy about is Dan's patronizing tone in some of his tweets to fans who had questions. Acting like he's not sure whose channel it'll be on? Handwaving someone saying they'd like a physical copy like dude doesn't buy every single physical GW2 item he can get his hands on? There's no need to obfuscate like that - I don't think anyone's mind would be changed by him acknowledging that YTR was just the best platform for them to put out the kind of project they wanted to put out.
fancybum wrote:Do you think they'll still throw us a (free) bone by posting something DITL-esque on Phil's channel from the tour? I know they'll both get revenue from the YTRed thing, but since Dan said that'll go on his channel, Phil's kind of getting boned a bit on content there. Hmm?
If it ends up really just being on Dan's channel and nothing in Phil's, that will be the ultimate proof that they consider the money going to the same place no matter whose name it's under to start with.
karma_yeah
philussy

My question is: will we see ANY content from them at all in the next few weeks? What with recovering from the US tour and preparing for the Aussie tour, I'm not sure we'll see much. :(
fancybum
senpai

karma_yeah wrote:My question is: will we see ANY content from them at all in the next few weeks? What with recovering from the US tour and preparing for the Aussie tour, I'm not sure we'll see much. :(
At the very least we should get a liveshow. Younow should fire them.
alittledizzy wrote: What I'm not crazy about is Dan's patronizing tone in some of his tweets to fans who had questions. Acting like he's not sure whose channel it'll be on? Handwaving someone saying they'd like a physical copy like dude doesn't buy every single physical GW2 item he can get his hands on? There's no need to obfuscate like that - I don't think anyone's mind would be changed by him acknowledging that YTR was just the best platform for them to put out the kind of project they wanted to put out.
I think that's just because of the rushed nature of everything- he probably wanted to announce it before Youtube did (or else they saw we all knew already anyway), but had to wait and a rushed explanation with twitter limits isn't really possible in these conditions (literally weren't they late for the M&G? lol), I'm sure they'll explain properly in a liveshow. Like maybe Dan would like a physical copy release but YTRed isn't set up for that yet, and mentioning that on twitter could come off as complaining in some way? I don't think he intended a patronising tone, but obviously (due to the confusion about netflix etc) he didn't think through all his responses very well. Hopefully after today everybody can relax.
Last edited by fancybum on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.