Dan & Phil Part 16: Old, Hungover, and Probably High

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Lobster wrote:In case anyone is interested, I'm like 90% sure that Tatinof Brisbane is sold out already. Trying to get tickets was like pulling teeth, and my friend and I aren't even sitting in the same row. I would be surprised if they don't sell out all their Aussie shows
apaz they've done reaaally well for aus sales
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: she/her

count me in in the list of people really excited about tonight and vidcon!
fancybum wrote: Oh ok, I guess I just don't understand. You think it should be free or isn't worth money?
no, obviously they should sell it, documentaries cost money, i just have other priorities on what to do with my money (which isn't much to begin with) so i'm getting it illegally but i would've been really happy if it was on Netflix
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
Rigby
lady door

trashqueen wrote:count me in in the list of people really excited about tonight and vidcon!
fancybum wrote: Oh ok, I guess I just don't understand. You think it should be free or isn't worth money?
no, obviously they should sell it, documentaries cost money, i just have other priorities on what to do with my money (which isn't much to begin with) so i'm getting it illegally but i would've been really happy if it was on Netflix
I'm guessing it WILL be on Netflix, just later on (maybe next year?) and they weren't allowed to say it because then some people would wait for it to be there and not pay for the YTR subscription/individual videos.
blueapple_x
flower crown

Can someone tell me exactly what Dan's tweet said regarding netflix? The one he deleted?
fancybum
senpai

Thomas Sanders is at the show! And holy crap he and Doug Armstrong posted snaps from inside showing the crowd. Damn it's gorgeous in there and the audience is huge. Just holy crap.

edit: It's so nice ahh
Last edited by fancybum on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
idk

this tugs at the heart strings
uglyamerican
woodland creature

The llama is giving the wrong side of the Doge face.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

this made me laugh really hard in the face of terror both over having to pay a few pounds for a video and over leaving the eu and messing up my entire future. political dan tweet in the morning, or avoidance? im saying avoidance, sine there was no 'go and vote today!!' tweet
scotland is overwhelmingly voting remain while the rest are going for leave #freeus
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
idk

blueapple_x wrote:Can someone tell me exactly what Dan's tweet said regarding netflix? The one he deleted?
uglyamerican
woodland creature

fancybum wrote:Thomas Sanders is at the show! And holy crap he and Doug Armstrong posted snaps from inside showing the crowd. Damn it's gorgeous in there and the audience is huge. Just holy crap.

edit: It's so nice ahh
Ho, hum. The other venues were just as sold out and gorgeous... I guess other YouTubers have to feed off the success of #TATINOF
uglyamerican
woodland creature

idk wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:Can someone tell me exactly what Dan's tweet said regarding netflix? The one he deleted?
I think he meant that you could buy it on YT , similar to the way you can on iTunes or Netflix Amazon.
Last edited by uglyamerican on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DryCereal
koi pond

idk wrote:
Interesting... *keeps fingers crossed*

[offtopic]
jaej wrote: this made me laugh really hard in the face of terror both over having to pay a few pounds for a video and over leaving the eu and messing up my entire future. political dan tweet in the morning, or avoidance? im saying avoidance, sine there was no 'go and vote today!!' tweet
scotland is overwhelmingly voting remain while the rest are going for leave #freeus
Ahem... Merseyside. Also: 1: Fuck Wales, and 2, I'm too scared to go back to sleep. :facepalm: :cry:
I do hope voted.[/offtopic]
Last edited by DryCereal on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
fancybum
senpai

uglyamerican wrote: Ho, hum. The other venues were just as sold out and gorgeous... I guess other YouTubers have to feed off the success of #TATINOF
Whoa you went in a totally different direction ok. You can hear Doug going 'whoa this is insane' filming the crowd, it just struck me how crazy it must be to see how huge their reach is, selling out the flipping Oscars theatre in the US. Also I'm assuming they were invited and I appreciate the pics and whatnot (same as from non-YT attendees), not seeing the 'feeding' in this scenario. It's the last night, it's all positive!

still want to know who else is there though, why is everyone so sneaky and silent about it
edit:It appears Tyler is not there, rude.
Last edited by fancybum on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

When reality strikes
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

those snaps

i love watching other youtubers react to d&p's success, i feel like a proud mom
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
jaej
moon room

these things make me sad about passing up the chance to go see them, like really sad. i am proud of them. even if i'll cringe a lot watching the videos they put up.

[offtopic]
every scottish constituency has voted overall to remain. doesn't look like it's enough. we tried. im too angry to sleep.
oh, and donald trump is visiting scotland tomorrow. bad timing mate. rip.
[/offtopic]
oh and the pound has just dropped to its lowest value in 30 years. better make the most of that £££ while you can boys.
Last edited by jaej on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Meanwhile, from a Deadline story about YTR projects announced @Vidcon:

"DAN & PHIL TOUR DOCUMENTARY: Top YouTube comedy stars, Dan Howell and Phil Lester are taking their fans inside their latest world tour, The Amazing Tour Is Not On Fire. With hilarious anecdotes, sketches, and lots of surprises for their fans, we’re bringing Dan and Phil’s successful live stage show exclusively to YouTube Red. They’ll also be giving audiences a behind-the-scenes look with a documentary about the making of the tour."

http://deadline.com/2016/06/step-up-tv- ... 201778617/

Notice the wording in the text: "exclusively to YouTube Red" Hmmm.
Last edited by uglyamerican on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

fancybum wrote:
uglyamerican wrote: Ho, hum. The other venues were just as sold out and gorgeous... I guess other YouTubers have to feed off the success of #TATINOF
Whoa you went in a totally different direction ok. You can hear Doug going 'whoa this is insane' filming the crowd, it just struck me how crazy it must be to see how huge their reach is, selling out the flipping Oscars theatre in the US. Also I'm assuming they were invited and I appreciate the pics and whatnot (same as from non-YT attendees), not seeing the 'feeding' in this scenario. It's the last night, it's all positive!

still want to know who else is there though, why is everyone so sneaky and silent about it
edit:It appears Tyler is not there, rude.

Can you tell I'm not really impressed by most other YouTubers?

Sorry if I sounded too harsh, but the Dolby is just another theatre. The (deserving) fans filling it are what matters.
Last edited by uglyamerican on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

I love Doug's reaction, he had known Phil prior to Dan's existence (in Phil's life) and I am sure he is so proud of them.
blueapple_x
flower crown

uglyamerican wrote:
idk wrote:
I think he meant that you could buy it on YT , in similar to the way you can on iTunes or Netflix Amazon.
Thanks! I think that's what he meant as well.

I've never purchased a show on YT before. Is all you need a YT account and a credit card?

I wonder if it'll be the same price to purchase individually from YTR and to purchase from YT itself...?
uglyamerican
woodland creature

jaej wrote:these things make me sad about passing up the chance to go see them, like really sad. i am proud of them. even if i'll cringe a lot watching the videos they put up.

[offtopic]
every scottish constituency has voted overall to remain. doesn't look like it's enough. we tried. im too angry to sleep.
[/offtopic]
oh and the pound has just dropped to its lowest value in 30 years. better make the most of that £££ while you can boys.
The US tour revenue is paid in dollars, so maybe it's a good thing...
fancybum
senpai

uglyamerican wrote: Can you tell I'm not really impressed by most other YouTubers?

Sorry if I sounded too harsh, but the Dolby is just another theatre. The (deserving) fans filling are what matters.
Nah I getcha, it's not that I'm impressed by them either, I just like that they're there and are getting a faceful of the devoted phandom haha.
trashqueen wrote: i love watching other youtubers react to d&p's success, i feel like a proud mom
Basically what trashqueen said. Pride!

Also I saw some mentions on twitter of Mimei/Duncan being there, and also maybe Tomska? But no confirmation. Is that weird? Is nobody else there? Why is nobody tweeting or anything, everybody tweeted about being at/going to the London show. are they trying to stay lowkey to be able to slip off to the after party or is everyone just busy with actual vidcon. Boo. Basically I just want vloggers to vlog, come on.
jaej
moon room

uglyamerican wrote:
jaej wrote:these things make me sad about passing up the chance to go see them, like really sad. i am proud of them. even if i'll cringe a lot watching the videos they put up.

[offtopic]
[/offtopic]
The US tour revenue is paid in dollars, so maybe it's a good thing...
idk i just know this is all very bad in the long term

anyway... good luck with that eu tour planning d+p :|
bluebox-away
woodland creature

YTR confirmation is exciting as it means it'll actually happen relatively soonish, but currently very anxious about the Brexit results, could make the EU tour tricky (and also generally my life.. :sideeye: )
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
uglyamerican
woodland creature

blueapple_x wrote:
uglyamerican wrote:
idk wrote:
I think he meant that you could buy it on YT , in similar to the way you can on iTunes or Netflix Amazon.
Thanks! I think that's what he meant as well.

I've never purchased a show on YT before. Is all you need a YT account and a credit card?

I wonder if it'll be the same price to purchase individually from YTR and to purchase from YT itself...?
I'd think it would be the same price across Google's ecosystem (YT & YTR are Google services.) I have a Google Wallet account using my credit card, and it also shows up in my Google Play account, so as long as you've set up payment in either one of those site, I think you will be fine.