Dan & Phil Part 17: Open Wide for Captain Lester

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
DryCereal
koi pond
Pronouns: she/her

Give you one guess who just RTd this...

All Star > Kanye.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

I am 100% for waiting 24 hours before talking about D&P destination. The tour bus was different because they were always moving anyway. It is disgusting what happened with Calum and I am all for keeping everyone safe. With everything that is happening lately, everyone is going to be on edge and trying to be careful on what they put on social media now not just D&P.
felucca wrote:Did anyone post this yet? (Sorry if you have, I'm a bit behind and confused after having been away all Midsummer - high five kooshka!)

http://therealjacksepticeye.tumblr.com/ ... -at-vidcon
Be still my Jack and heart. It is cute that they approached Jack instead of the other way round. I bet that was a bit of a surreal experience. #pleasecollab
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
felucca
truth bomb

It's old news that Phil changed his network, but I just went to check on my Youtube copy of the Vday vid - which has always been claimed by Channelflip - and noticed the copyright claim has now been changed to Amazingphil Limited.

My question obviously being: Whyyyy is the P in Amazingphil smallll..... this is going to bug me now

For the Placebo fans of this forum ( ), please enjoy this handy compilation of that one time when Dan was in a Placebo liveshow and super unprepared:

kuensukki wrote:Thanks felucca for the videos you already are doing marvelous as an anti-phan blog
Oh my, it's where I'm inevitably heading isn't it. I tend to believe they're in a relationship, but ngl I have a lot more fun arguing the opposite.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
DryCereal
koi pond

wtfamidoinghere wrote: I like kpop, but how many times can they react to basically the same thing? They could react to gfriend falling 9(?) times during a performance though :lol: (and then talk about the horrible working conditions in kpop)
:o Really dont want FineBros to choose this. Mainly because I'd be angry and immediately unstan anyone reacting with anything other than a horrified gasp. Plus we already know how 's "onstage mishaps" conversation would go...

There's something on that stage. What, I can only guess, but someone should have stopped the performance the dancing at least.
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

Re phandenial: In one of the first UK tatinof shows Dan shook his head and mouthed a "no" when someone screamed "Is phan real?" in the audience. And them Martyn denied it when someone asked at the merch stand. Not on video, but a denial nevertheless. Also when filming the documentary there was the girl who said his eyes said yes :roll:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:There's something on that stage. What, I can only guess, but someone should have stopped the performance the dancing at least.
It was raining, so the stage was wet. Unfortunately this is not abnormal in kpop. Stopping a performance or cancelling before is not really an option. Lots of kpop idols perform with some kind of health problem, one member of a girlgroup (sistar i think) once finished a performance after a fall that broke her finger. They have horrible 5 or 7 year contracts.
That's why i think it could be good to react to, because they could also react to the terrible exploitation that goes on. Especially since Dan was very ignorant in the last reacting to kpop where he insinuated the groups who want out of their contracts are manufacturing drama (or at least that's how some people took it).
At 7:20
flarequake wrote:[offtopic]The girls in gfriend falling over, mostly the one with a bandage on her knee :cry: I hope she gets given or is paid enough to afford decent treatment if it screws up her knee. A few years in a band damaging that and she could ruin one knee for life, that's not worth whatever they're getting out it, is it? As one with an occasionally-awful back problem (if I lift more than a kilo I could push my bulging disc too close to a nerve and be bent over or only lying down for a week or two) my reaction to that is :shock: and I need a way bigger emoji. I've seen enough musical theatre (huge fan of Cats) to know that an injury means you rest and there's either an understudy or a gap in the lineup. I saw Cats once with three men missing and an extra woman, and twice with one person covering two roles meaning double the extra little bits to run around covering, and the show was still great. A band like that with six people doing the exact same thing can manage especially only for one song in a concert.[/offtopic]
I really wish people in kpop were this sensible. And no, unless they are very successful and in the business for a while, they really don't make a lot of money (or no money at all untill their company has gotten all the money back that they invested in training them etc)

I don't even know what to say about Callum, the world is scary, people are scary.
sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Surely they wouldn't get them to react to Kpop AGAIN? It's been twice now that would be a bit much no? I'm wondering if they'll be reacting to BfvGFs breakup. It would be interesting to hear their views on 'oversharing'.
God I wanted them to react to Brexit so bad but that channel Emma tweeted about doesn't appeared to have addressed it

Watching Dan's live show about the Placebo incident made me realise how much I've missed Deppy's live shows. Does anyone know when it's likely they'll be back in England? Like... before the end of this week?
shikaritrash
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

*quietly unlurks*

Yesterday my youtube wanders led me to "youtubers react" videos and there I was thinking 'oh that'd be nice if d&p did one of those again' and what do I see when I come reading here...?

I really really miss the liveshows too...please give me back a rambling Dan on tuesday evenings, it's been way too long. (interpret this smiley as you wish)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ dan senses tingling 24/7 soz ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

Next year I will be avoiding social media at the start of lent because I never, ever want to see Phillip Lester in the vicinity of a pancake again. I have pancake fatigue after this tour. Fuck pancakes.
ostiral
sofa crease

felucca wrote: For the Placebo fans of this forum ( ), please enjoy this handy compilation of that one time when Dan was in a Placebo liveshow and super unprepared:
Omg, what's this, why Placebo ( ) and Dan are in one video, who even thought about this and what is going on, why mariachi band is playing Placebo, what the heck is going on.
"Thank you Dan, you are indeed the man". :lol: Anyway, i like him as a presenter.
(did he said i need to be old because i know Placebo)

I miss liveshows too! :(
Sorry for my english.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

I've gotten a bit behind but as the boys are being boring I somehow didn't miss much, anyway to catch up/chip in:
- 100% team jacket on Dan it's gorgeous
- pancakes are wasteful but also portions in the US always catch me out
- Dan's reaction to that signed record was adorable and felt so real. Also on board with hoping he gets a record player
- hoping for collabs being filmed this week, and looking forward to the YT react as those are usually good
- please go home and rest and do a liveshow boys, I miss your rambling so much :(
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
iodoc
crusty sponge
Pronouns: he/him, please

biatchqueen wrote:Next year I will be avoiding social media at the start of lent because I never, ever want to see Phillip Lester in the vicinity of a pancake again. I have pancake fatigue after this tour. Fuck pancakes.
You're giving being trash up for Lent?! You know Jesus doesn't want you to torture yourself like that

I just give up coffee for Lent and die
"Can you manage these stairs with your Gucci hooves?"
eevee
emo goose

wtfamidoinghere wrote:Re phandenial: In one of the first UK tatinof shows Dan shook his head and mouthed a "no" when someone screamed "Is phan real?" in the audience. And them Martyn denied it when someone asked at the merch stand. Not on video, but a denial nevertheless. Also when filming the documentary there was the girl who said his eyes said yes :roll:
That makes me sad, but at least they/Dan hasn't put effort into denying it online since 2013. He could've just ignored the question but when faced with that question and having to make a quick decision, "no" is a safer answer than something like "youll never know." Although I would love for Dan to switch from "no" to "it's not time for you to know" or something ambiguous. However if he said "youll never know" I would even more because I'm holding onto hope that someday they'll just spill and let us know everything.

Martyn I can't really take as a reliable source, since he probably feels like it's not his business to tell his brother's fans anything about his brother's personal life...like I would expect him to say no even if phan were real, for the sake of Phil's privacy? Like, what is he supposed to say? D&P clearly aren't out so if Martyn just shrugged or was like "i don't know" people would take that as a yes no doubt. I'm assuming Martyn knows the truth but unless he says "no" people are going to take it as a yes. And D&P clearly aren't ready for the answer to that question to be yes.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

iodoc wrote:
biatchqueen wrote:Next year I will be avoiding social media at the start of lent because I never, ever want to see Phillip Lester in the vicinity of a pancake again. I have pancake fatigue after this tour. Fuck pancakes.
You're giving being trash up for Lent?! You know Jesus doesn't want you to torture yourself like that

I just give up coffee for Lent and die
Lol no, but I'll be avoiding it on Shrove Tuesday because I'm so done with pancakes of any shape or form.

i couldn't give up coffee if I tried, my bloodstream need to be highly caffeinated at all times for me to exist
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

wtfamidoinghere wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:There's something on that stage. What, I can only guess, but someone should have stopped the performance the dancing at least.
It was raining, so the stage was wet. Unfortunately this is not abnormal in kpop. Stopping a performance or cancelling before is not really an option. Lots of kpop idols perform with some kind of health problem, one member of a girlgroup (sistar i think) once finished a performance after a fall that broke her finger. They have horrible 5 or 7 year contracts.
That's why i think it could be good to react to, because they could also react to the terrible exploitation that goes on. Especially since Dan was very ignorant in the last reacting to kpop where he insinuated the groups who want out of their contracts are manufacturing drama (or at least that's how some people took it).
I kinda recently watched some Show Champion performances that were done on an outdoor stage in the pouring rain and everyone was slipping around the stage. Water literally pooled around their feet and splashed up whenever they took a step. It was so dangerous, one boy group member (don't ask me who lol) broke his finger I think ._. At least Gfriend got relevance out of their misery going viral... Poor things. And the video is pretty much old news by now, so I don't think it'll be that.

Although I'd like for those videos to go a bit deeper, I don't think I need a discussion like that from YouTubers who think it's ~weird~ that they're singing in Korean, slut shame girl groups for dancing in shorts (and at the same time being impressed with boy groups grabbing their junk while dancing), and go around calling idols the Korean Justin Bieber/ 1D /Fifth Harmony or whoever. It's just gonna be people commenting on shit they don't understand. And Dan's comment was a bit dumb, but also not completely wrong. Companies whore out their artists and their achievements or scandals to the media all the time in order to stay relevant. Remind people they exist right before they drop their next album so that people will check them out and buy the song. Or they hate on the idol for the rest of time. That happens too
sunday wrote:Surely they wouldn't get them to react to Kpop AGAIN? It's been twice now that would be a bit much no? I'm wondering if they'll be reacting to BfvGFs breakup. It would be interesting to hear their views on 'oversharing'.
God I wanted them to react to Brexit so bad but that channel Emma tweeted about doesn't appeared to have addressed it
Yeah there's not much more D&P can say on the subject, we know by now that Dan likes some kpop and that Phil really doesn't give a flying fuck about it. I also see that they've done one 3 months ago already, so I don't think there will be a kpop one so soon anyway.

I don't want them to be reacting to the PVP break up :? Their relationship might've been very public but their breakup is a private thing. It would really rub in the wrong way to see that being exploited for a reaction video with other YouTubers publicly commenting on the break up of their friends/colleagues. Plus it would no doubt bring up other broken up vlog couples like Anthony and Kalel or Charles and Alli (especially the last one since popular opinion is that vlogging ruined their relationship as well) and I doubt they'd be pleased with that.

Just because they film on the same day doesn't always mean they get to see the same things btw. Some might be the same, some might be different. I really need their comments on Brexit though.. stop pretending your country isn't a giant mess rn you two. :sideeye:

I'm appalled about what happened to Calum btw. Society still has a very long way to go...
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

I really doubt that the fine bros would choose to do a react on PvP breakup, that's just going too low for me, and they are generally nice people, even if it's a good topic of discussion for youtubers and their job I think it's stepping over a line and I don't think they would risk looking like the bad guys/starting a shitstorm for doing that.
DryCereal
koi pond

Catallena wrote:I really need their comments on Brexit though.. stop pretending your country isn't a giant mess rn you two. :sideeye:
Yup, because they've been oh-so-forthcoming on the subject of politics in the past...
That said, if/when a Europe TATINOF is announced, I expect some little snide aside about "before it's too late" :sideeye:
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

IckleMissMayhem wrote:
Catallena wrote:I really need their comments on Brexit though.. stop pretending your country isn't a giant mess rn you two. :sideeye:
Yup, because they've been oh-so-forthcoming on the subject of politics in the past...
That said, if/when a Europe TATINOF is announced, I expect some little snide aside about "before it's too late" :sideeye:
Haha. IKR. What opinions??!! Did they ever?? It will be difficult to get their opinion about Brexit especially Phil. Dan will be easier because once he waffling he can't stop.
Correct me if I'm wrong but depending on the migration agreement between UK and EU there is a possibility that Cornelia has to leave England.

It will be interesting to hear their opinion about the effects of daily vlogging and how it's a scripted/forced thing. But I doubt FineBros will use that since PvP are regular guests as well. They wouldn't want to piss off someone.
majitzu
angel bean

There has been a youtube subscribers cleaning... So a lot of people have lose a lot of subs in proporción of course, There is a spanish youtuber that had 130kand now have 120k and there is Felix (pewdiepie) that has lose 600k. Is suppose to be inactive accounts but just in case go and check you are still subscribe to your faves
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

^^^ yeah Jacksepticeye lost quite a lot too. I wonder how many lost? We are all inactive subs at the moment because they are not uploading anything!

I can't see them saying much about Brexit. They didn't even tweet anything about it so I can't see them talking about it in a ls. Maybe Dan will say something in a passing comment but not Phil.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
DryCereal
koi pond

Diyes_Celine wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:
Haha. IKR. What opinions??!! Did they ever??
Dan didn't vote Conservative or UKIP last year. That's all we've ever known.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Kathrynxjane wrote:^^^ yeah Jacksepticeye lost quite a lot too. I wonder how many lost? We are all inactive subs at the moment because they are not uploading anything!
According to socialblade Phil lost about 4500 subscribers, Dan 6700 and DanAndPhilGAMES lost the most with 32000.
Philena
blobfish

Assuming Dan might be a bit jealous of this collab with Lewis Hamilton. Using the 7 sec challenge with zero credit given. You've got some balls, marky butt butt.
bear
hobbit hair

eevee wrote:
wtfamidoinghere wrote:Re phandenial: In one of the first UK tatinof shows Dan shook his head and mouthed a "no" when someone screamed "Is phan real?" in the audience. And them Martyn denied it when someone asked at the merch stand. Not on video, but a denial nevertheless. Also when filming the documentary there was the girl who said his eyes said yes :roll:
That makes me sad, but at least they/Dan hasn't put effort into denying it online since 2013. He could've just ignored the question but when faced with that question and having to make a quick decision, "no" is a safer answer than something like "youll never know." Although I would love for Dan to switch from "no" to "it's not time for you to know" or something ambiguous. However if he said "youll never know" I would even more because I'm holding onto hope that someday they'll just spill and let us know everything.

Martyn I can't really take as a reliable source, since he probably feels like it's not his business to tell his brother's fans anything about his brother's personal life...like I would expect him to say no even if phan were real, for the sake of Phil's privacy? Like, what is he supposed to say? D&P clearly aren't out so if Martyn just shrugged or was like "i don't know" people would take that as a yes no doubt. I'm assuming Martyn knows the truth but unless he says "no" people are going to take it as a yes. And D&P clearly aren't ready for the answer to that question to be yes.
Apparently at the UK TATINOF Dan winked at them when they said that and then realized he winked and mouthed no and made a sad face. And of course Martyn said no. He's too polite to ignore, if he said "I can't say" or "It's private" that would be obvious.
arequian
crusty sponge
Pronouns: they/them

majitzu wrote:There is a spanish youtuber that had 130kand now have 120k
[offtopic]
Are you talking about Rangu? He's one of my favourite youtubers, and he just went from 130k to 120k.
[/offtopic]
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

Philena wrote:Assuming Dan might be a bit jealous of this collab with Lewis Hamilton. Using the 7 sec challenge with zero credit given. You've got some balls, marky butt butt.
The fact that he didn't give credit and also took many of the questions from the app is what's so :? I mean at this point, we know Youtubers are the worst at giving credit where it's needed for challenges and tags. But the fact that the "challenge" is already in app form for everyone to use, is what makes this just kinda bad...
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr