Dan & Phil Part 17: Open Wide for Captain Lester

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
spider
ar·tic·u·late

manged wrote:Really? Three sets of what are essentially the same gifs? This is how I know y'all are thirsty for D&P vlog appearances.

And by y'all, I do include myself.
I like Phil in that shirt and those shoes for all the wrong reasons; I think he should've gone full-tacky, though. Pinkie ring. Platinum chain with a diamond-encrusted lion pendant. Leather fingerless gloves. That fuzzy purple hat. *swallows roughly* YES!

Also living for the DJ's playlist in the background.
A giant Macklemore thrift shop fur coat.
Kanye West shutter shades.
One pendant on a chain is too understated. He needs a whole scarf like Yolandi Visser.
danphil333
hobbit hair

missemma wrote:
danphil333 wrote:since a tweet about cute boys is dans idea of "content"
Don't worry, I'm sure Phil will tweet about pancakes in a short while, I mean it has been over 24 hours since he mentioned any kind of food as "content".

I am getting pancakes tattooed all over my body ;)

sweetmm wrote:Phil look good in that shirt, I hope we get to see more
i wanted to burn that shirt when he show it in a liveshow but i actually really like it on him, i cant even imagine how gorgeous his eyes looks. He is so pretty with his little hat , i am dying. LOOK AT HIS FACE
kay
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

I loved the vlog, I like how Mimei and Duncan seem like real people. So many vloggers get that vlog voice in their videos (Cat comes to mind) and D&M strike me as average people, which I'm sure is why D&P are friends with them. I wish Thomas Sanders did vlogs because I would love to see him freaking out about tatinof. :lol:
blueapple_x
flower crown

manged wrote:Really? Three sets of what are essentially the same gifs? This is how I know y'all are thirsty for D&P vlog appearances.

And by y'all, I do include myself.
I like Phil in that shirt and those shoes for all the wrong reasons; I think he should've gone full-tacky, though. Pinkie ring. Platinum chain with a diamond-encrusted lion pendant. Leather fingerless gloves. That fuzzy purple hat. *swallows roughly* YES!

Also living for the DJ's playlist in the background.
Lmao right?? I was like...."who picked these songs because surely not Dan and Phil"
I started cracking up when I heard Will Smith's "Miami" playing at the after party....throwbackkk. All they were missing was "This is how we do it" :lol:

I wonder if they had signature drinks named after them like how they did for the UK after party. Also, since they danced for that one (bc of peer pressure lol) I wonder if they picked the music themselves and what kind of songs they danced to.
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

achika wrote:I loved the vlog, I like how Mimei and Duncan seem like real people. So many vloggers get that vlog voice in their videos (Cat comes to mind) and D&M strike me as average people, which I'm sure is why D&P are friends with them. I wish Thomas Sanders did vlogs because I would love to see him freaking out about tatinof. :lol:
It comes across in her vlog just how seems to enjoy their company; for one it was that wanted to join them in the photo booth (M was surprised) and they stay on and Dan took the time to dress Duncan up for the pics of just D&M.
kooshka
living flop

I am 100% D&M trash so I'm kinda in heaven right now I love seeing the four of them together. Seems so natural and like they really enjoy each others company. And ngl I'd probably be just as excited even if there wasn't a drought and they had done 7 liveshows a week for the past two months. Thanks Mimei for delivering

Phil looked so good!! And matching pink fur caps! Photobooths!
swofro
angel bean

sweetmm wrote:
achika wrote:I loved the vlog, I like how Mimei and Duncan seem like real people. So many vloggers get that vlog voice in their videos (Cat comes to mind) and D&M strike me as average people, which I'm sure is why D&P are friends with them. I wish Thomas Sanders did vlogs because I would love to see him freaking out about tatinof. :lol:
It comes across in her vlog just how seems to enjoy their company; for one it was that wanted to join them in the photo booth (M was surprised) and they stay on and Dan took the time to dress Duncan up for the pics of just D&M.
This. Remember how ppl usually use deppy as a video bait, and actively seeks them to get some of the sweet footage? I kinda respect D&M for not doing so, now. The fact that are only in the vid because they are the one who approaches D&M makes me happy.
who cares about Cat, it is all about Mimei now. At least she delivers.

I still don't know how to feel about the green leopard shirt. It is very weird, and very much what no-fashion-sense myself wears a few years ago. I need more sighting of Phil in that shirt to make a clear judgement.
Love is forever
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

god fucking bless mimei for saving us all from draught hell

phil's shirt is ugly af but i kind of love ugly clothing so it's a yes from me

and yeah i also love how deppy approached them instead of the other way around idk d&p seem so antisocial sometimes that when they show that they genuinely like someone i can't help but like them too

also 8:21 pls tell me i'm not blind (i'm watching on my phone the screen is tiny okay) and those are rose and rosie in the background

pls god let my dreams of them becoming friends with deppy live (also more possible vlogs?)
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
DryCereal
koi pond

Joined at the hip even at their own party. Bless.

Mimei, you hero. What happened in the booth I wonder who fell over first? (Phil. I'd put money on it.)

Strongly suspecting they're on a flight or at home already. If only Dan kept forgetting to not loc-stamp his tweets these days... :roll:

Said it when the subject was first raised, and hate to bust your bubble for high-as-a-kite Phil, but anything other than local anaesthetic and he'll be in a hospital. And they don't tend to kick you out when you're still feeling the effects of the good stuff, more's the pity.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

Thanks to Mimei for refreshing our thirst in this drought.

[offtopic]Waffling of a newbie phan under the spoiler, so please ignore.
Anyway, I called in sick to my internship today (but I was really feeling shitty when I woke up and now I'm okay because I slept the whole day) so I thought why not do what I've been putting off since I started actively trying to understand Phan's history and go off into the site that must not be named and start at the very first thread and work my way up to until you guys decided to shift to this site. (I actually got the link to this site from there, but was too lazy to really read up on everything and only read the last few threads). Now that I've started, I realized It's a bit frustrating for a new phan to read stuff and have them be unavailable now. Makes me really wish I was there since the beginning so I can completely understand the references and feel why the older (by fan age, not real age) fans felt how they felt and why they felt it. I just feel that there's a certain disconnect from someone who's been there and someone who just came in. But oh well. That's life. I just hope that as a new phan, there will be a longer timeline for us new fans to still be "in" the D&P world. Maybe it's mixing up with my fear for my Kpop group (cause they're celebrating their 10th anniv and going to enlist soon), but I feel like the D&P era is either changing too or coming to a close. Oh well. Don't mind me. I just needed somewhere to say that. On to posts that will actually contribute something. :?
[/offtopic]

P.s. Hope the return to England will result to more videos and liveshows. I'm particularly excited for their liveshow since the last one as it will be my first liveshow of theirs that I (hopefully) will be able to watch.
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
timtam
lady door

blueapple_x wrote: EDIT I hope Dan films Phil on the anesthesia.
Omg is Phil getting his wisdom teeth out?! I got 3 of mine out last week and it was brutal. I couldn't eat anything for two days afterwards and i bruised on one side of my face. I still can't eat on one side of my mouth. So no pancakes for Phil for a while! Plus I went under general anaesthesia and I didn't get any of the fun loopy experiences everyone else did. I remember saying some stupid shit when I had the muscle relaxant beforehand (and because I was panicking i don't do medical things well) and my drug's side effect was increased happiness but otherwise no random stuff being said.

I hope he's not getting them out before the Aus tour. What if he has a bad experience and can't talk properly for two weeks like some other people I know have experienced. I can't sing right now and it's been a week for me!
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

I can see them flying out today or tomorrow. Obviously it is a long flight (10hrs) so they will be home this weekend.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

fancy_nancy wrote:ot: when he tweets something like I think is he trying to be relatable and funny or is he really self conscious?? I hope he's not haha anyways there's a good thread name :lol: Dan & Phil Part 18: disgustingly and frankly inappropriately cute.
Is it so hard to believe he could really be self-conscious? Particularly a guy like Dan, who only works out bi-annually at most and is lucky to have an excellent metabolism and a naturally pretty face. Despite all the fawning fangirls, I have yet to see the signs that he's become overconfident about his appearance.

Dan's casual tweets about cute boys give me life and hope in these dark times. A planned tweet like this could be accused of being "fanservice" (which I think is bullshit for a number of reasons but we've been over this before) but this was obviously a spontaneous reply to a fan.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
000dia000
emo goose

I noticed this a while ago and I was wondering what you guys thought about it. Remember (in what is now a private video but still circulates around YouTube) Dan did a prank against Phil where he put flour in his hairdryer that then it blew into his face.
A week or so ago there was a post on reddit of someone pulling a similar prank but then the hairdryer catching on fire (I won't link it now because it's probably triggering or NSFW for some).
Idk but I thought it was a bit irresponsible of Dan, what do you guys think?
:cactus:
phaniato
smol bean
Pronouns: they/them

000dia000 wrote:I noticed this a while ago and I was wondering what you guys thought about it. Remember (in what is now a private video but still circulates around YouTube) Dan did a prank against Phil where he put flour in his hairdryer that then it blew into his face.
A week or so ago there was a post on reddit of someone pulling a similar prank but then the hairdryer catching on fire (I won't link it now because it's probably triggering or NSFW for some).
woah that's scary! :o
i didnt even think about this! if dan knew about what could have gone wrong then he wouldnt have done it? im assuming at the time he didnt know about the dangers so yeah.. but if he did, i think he'd be sensible enough not to attempt such a prank
danisnotonfire wrote: "don’t judge me for the litter that falls out for i am just a humble trash can trying to roll my way through life"

timtam
lady door

000dia000 wrote:I noticed this a while ago and I was wondering what you guys thought about it. Remember (in what is now a private video but still circulates around YouTube) Dan did a prank against Phil where he put flour in his hairdryer that then it blew into his face.
I'd say Dan didn't know. I doubt he'd do a prank where there was a risk of starting a serious fire.
majitzu
angel bean

^^ he didn't knew that could happen, I'm sure if he did he would have never done that... and that's all.

I always find this funny enjoy
eevee
emo goose

majitzu wrote:^^ he didn't knew that could happen, I'm sure if he did he would have never done that... and that's all.

hahaha, I love the ending, "too real"

I agree that there's no way Dan knew it could start a fire
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
000dia000
emo goose

majitzu wrote:^^ he didn't knew that could happen, I'm sure if he did he would have never done that... and that's all.

that's too cute :D
:cactus:
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

timtam wrote:
I'd say Dan didn't know. I doubt he'd do a prank where there was a risk of starting a serious fire.
I agree, I think Dan would rather set himself on fire than risk setting senpai on fire
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
SquishPhan
capita£ester

000dia000 wrote:

that's too cute :D
Still love this.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

The danger of that prank has crossed my mind before, it's obviously not a very smart thing to do. Luckily for Dan it turned out alright and he didn't set Phil's face on fire. I love that prank video though, and I'm still mildly annoyed at Dan for unlisting it. 'People didn't realize the contest was over' my ass. He was just tired of the bathroom discussion. At least he didn't private or delete it.

Bless Mimei for vlogging I guess that's the only party footage we'll ever see.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
uglyamerican
woodland creature

IckleMissMayhem wrote:Joined at the hip even at their own party. Bless.

Mimei, you hero. What happened in the booth I wonder who fell over first? (Phil. I'd put money on it.)

Strongly suspecting they're on a flight or at home already. If only Dan kept forgetting to not loc-stamp his tweets these days... :roll:

Said it when the subject was first raised, and hate to bust your bubble for high-as-a-kite Phil, but anything other than local anaesthetic and he'll be in a hospital. And they don't tend to kick you out when you're still feeling the effects of the good stuff, more's the pity.
In the US, minor procedures that require sedation vs. locals are routinely done on an outpatient (office vs. hospital) basis. Someone else has to drive you home afterwards however :) Plenty of amusing YT vids of parents driving their kids home after dental surgery....
uglyamerican
woodland creature

bedhead91 wrote:
Is it so hard to believe he could really be self-conscious? Particularly a guy like Dan, who only works out bi-annually at most and is lucky to have an excellent metabolism and a naturally pretty face. Despite all the fawning fangirls, I have yet to see the signs that he's become overconfident about his appearance.
I do find Dan's face to be remarkably pleasant and expressive, but his physique is not male model material (and way too smart - don't bring him down to that level ;) .) I'm not sure that his metabolism works overtime - I think he really pays attention to what / how much he eats nowadays. There was a time when he complained about getting heavy, and you can see that he has got his weight under control in the past few years. Anyway, diet plays a much greater role in weight control than exercise. Trust me on this - I'm constantly battling my weight vs. my love affair for food (and unlike Dan, I'm at the gym 6 days a week.)
Last edited by uglyamerican on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

Was it flour or talc / baby powder? Flour could definitely ignite, whereas talc/baby powder is a mineral and not flammable. I guess airflow could be blocked by either material and the hair dryer could overheat... Anyway, I don't think Dan would knowingly promote a dangerous prank.