Dan & Phil Part 17: Open Wide for Captain Lester

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
grannypants
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

bit OT but as soon as i saw phil's tweet about flying home next week i immediately thought you're flying home tomorrow you sneaky fuckers. i'm probably wrong but i never trust anything location-related they tweet any more or maybe it's becos i'm starting work at the airport on this week and i'm secretly hoping i'll meet them 8-)
also getting serious camp vibes from dan in d&m's vlog. you rock that pink hat dan, embrace it

ps 000dia000 your signature literally makes me laugh every time i see it. one of my favourite phil moments
"don't mind me, just having a little float" - dan howell
eevee
emo goose

uglyamerican wrote:I do find Dan's face to be remarkably pleasant and expressive, but his physique is not male model material (and way too smart - don't bring him down to that level ;) .) I'm not sure that his metabolism works overtime - I think he really pays attention to what / how much he eats nowadays. There was a time when he complained about getting heavy, and you can see that he has got his weight under control in the past few years. Anyway, diet plays a much greater role in weight control than exercise. Trust me on this - I'm constantly battling my weight vs. my love affair for food (and unlike Dan, I'm at the gym 6 days a week.)
Someone mentioned to me that Dan and Phil are probably so fit right now because they're on stage running around all the time, even though they aren't eating very well. I think exercise benefits some people more than others, and in this case it seems to benefit them a lot. Anyway Dan's pretty much a model as is, he does photoshoots and stuff, haha. I don't see a problem with being a male model? :?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

timtam wrote:
blueapple_x wrote: EDIT
I hope Dan films Phil on the anesthesia.
Omg is Phil getting his wisdom teeth out?! I got 3 of mine out last week and it was brutal. I couldn't eat anything for two days afterwards and i bruised on one side of my face. I still can't eat on one side of my mouth. So no pancakes for Phil for a while! Plus I went under general anaesthesia and I didn't get any of the fun loopy experiences everyone else did. I remember saying some stupid shit when I had the muscle relaxant beforehand (and because I was panicking i don't do medical things well) and my drug's side effect was increased happiness but otherwise no random stuff being said.
I hope he's not getting them out before the Aus tour. What if he has a bad experience and can't talk properly for two weeks like some other people I know have experienced. I can't sing right now and it's been a week for me!
omg that's scary! I know people who had bad experiences but the most they suffered was like 5 days of mildly bleeding, pain and swelling.
I hope he follows doctor's recommendations and keeps ice on his face ALL the time and only eats cold liquids, I know I followed them way too well and by my third day I didn't have any pain and I didn't experience any swelling, I could talk like usual too, I don't know about singing.
He better do that as soon as he gets to England and film a few videos (let's not forget about that) to get 100% well to survive another few weeks of tour.

I actually really hope they're taking a whole week of vacation, they deserve it after this tour (even if we will suffer for a week more), maybe like, a week of not hugging anyone but each other
majitzu
angel bean

Who wants to see some Drake (Louie) photos in the tatinof tour? You may recognize some places ;)

coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

uglyamerican wrote:
bedhead91 wrote:
Is it so hard to believe he could really be self-conscious? Particularly a guy like Dan, who only works out bi-annually at most and is lucky to have an excellent metabolism and a naturally pretty face. Despite all the fawning fangirls, I have yet to see the signs that he's become overconfident about his appearance.
I do find Dan's face to be remarkably pleasant and expressive, but his physique is not male model material (and way too smart - don't bring him down to that level ;) .) I'm not sure that his metabolism works overtime - I think he really pays attention to what / how much he eats nowadays. There was a time when he complained about getting heavy, and you can see that he has got his weight under control in the past few years. Anyway, diet plays a much greater role in weight control than exercise. Trust me on this - I'm constantly battling my weight vs. my love affair for food (and unlike Dan, I'm at the gym 6 days a week.)
I never said he was male model material, which I think is a good thing. I'd probably find both of them less attractive if they looked like Jack and Finn, for instance. They are both much more attractive for having ''expressive'' faces rather than looking like boring Abercrombie and Fitch underwear models.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

I am on my phone but Tom talks about Tatinof in his newest last week. (small parts of Dan and Phil)
12:30 to 13:58
Edit: 22:40

Looks Like Tom went to the afterparty as well.
Last edited by Kathrynxjane on Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
DryCereal
koi pond

Dunno who that Louie guy is, but does Drake know there'd been some guy following them across N. America and he's his doppelgänger?!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Winston
flower crown

majitzu wrote:Who wants to see some Drake (Louie) photos in the tatinof tour? You may recognize some places ;)

Omg. This is great.
actions speak louder than words
esso
spork

Bit of a random question:

I was on Phil's channel and noticed his channel recs on the side are: Dan, PJ, Louise, Cat, Smosh, and Duncan (his English channel). I think its cute that he has Duncan's english channel on the rec which makes me wonder how they interacted via youtube in the past. Anyone know how these channel recs have changed over time?
ostiral
sofa crease

danphil333 wrote:
sweetmm wrote:Phil look good in that shirt, I hope we get to see more
i wanted to burn that shirt when he show it in a liveshow but i actually really like it on him, i cant even imagine how gorgeous his eyes looks. He is so pretty with his little hat , i am dying. LOOK AT HIS FACE
Can i just leave it here too?
I like weird clothes and he looks especially good in originals clothes, so win-win situation for me.
Thanks, Mimei, Catwho. :lol: Anyway, tipsy Dan is like 150% more articulate then sober one and his accent is even stronger. and also his level of gayness
And i really love to see Thomas Sanders at TATINOF and then at the after party, i adore this guy. I would like to see a whole proper video with Thomas and DAP.

Drake is gonna get milion messages like "thanks for keeping DAP safe, omg". I think it's nice to get a message like this, but i hope phandom will stay within the limits of rationality. :3
I like this "Louie Security" cd cover he is like those fangirls how long
Sorry for my english.
000dia000
emo goose

grannypants wrote: ps 000dia000 your signature literally makes me laugh every time i see it. one of my favourite phil moments
haha thanks, I thought it would be unexpected to suddenly have Phil yelling at you :D
:cactus:
DryCereal
koi pond

Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

esso wrote:Bit of a random question:

I was on Phil's channel and noticed his channel recs on the side are: Dan, PJ, Louise, Cat, Smosh, and Duncan (his English channel). I think its cute that he has Duncan's english channel on the rec which makes me wonder how they interacted via youtube in the past. Anyone know how these channel recs have changed over time?
Duncan had a different English channel in the past called mygirlhiro. I'm guessing that's where first contact was made through comments. If you go back to that channel you see Phil listed under Channels. I don't know if Phil ever linked back that one though, I wasn't a fan yet when Duncan used that channel (it was abandoned in 2011).

As far as the channel recs go, I remember in 2012 that Phil changed them once in a while. It was always his second channel, The Super Amazing Project, Dan, PJ, Chris, Cat, Bryony, Wirrow and maybe dudeneedaeaseonup but he changed others sometimes. I know he linked Jack & Dean for a while (because that's how I found and subscribed to them... still not sure about that choice but ok) but deleted them a few months after. I'm not sure when he put Duncan on the list, 2013 maybe after Mimei and him did the voices for the Toilet Tag video? You could maybe find out with Wayback Machine?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
DryCereal
koi pond

ahem:
and ss'd...
000dia000
emo goose

IckleMissMayhem wrote:ahem:
and ss'd...
it's pretty great because its not deleted yet
:cactus:
eevee
emo goose

I vaguely remember that tweet. Jealous!Dan ftw, always. We'll see if he lurks based on if it gets hand-deleted.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Poe
rainbow nerd

000dia000 wrote:
IckleMissMayhem wrote:ahem:
and ss'd...
it's pretty great because its not deleted yet
lol I'm still waiting for it to suddenly disappear
fancy_nancy
phabergé

bedhead91 wrote:
fancy_nancy wrote:ot: when he tweets something like I think is he trying to be relatable and funny or is he really self conscious?? I hope he's not haha anyways there's a good thread name :lol: Dan & Phil Part 18: disgustingly and frankly inappropriately cute.
Is it so hard to believe he could really be self-conscious? Particularly a guy like Dan, who only works out bi-annually at most and is lucky to have an excellent metabolism and a naturally pretty face. Despite all the fawning fangirls, I have yet to see the signs that he's become overconfident about his appearance.
It's hard to believe mostly bc of 2 things, first (I know this might not be everyones opinion) he's gorgeous, and second, the constant praise. But I do agree he doesn't seem overconfident in himself, and that's probably a good thing.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

eevee wrote:I vaguely remember that tweet. Jealous!Dan ftw, always. We'll see if he lurks based on if it gets hand-deleted.
Does that count as jealous Dan? Since it was during the week that Dan stayed with Phil it seems more like the guy is teasing Phil about getting laid and Dan interjects even though he wasn't actually @ mentioned to begin with, which sort of insinuates himself as being part of the situation.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Phil's so cute in those party photos... good grief he's never going to let me live Dan is too, but for some reason I mostly go daft over him during his liveshows.

Love Louie's instagram especially if the album cover is him acknowledging the phandom.

That gif of Dil is lovely too. Love TomSka's comment "try giffing us now" cos it's so dark. And Dan just standing there all quiet, he has said he's like that at parties, but from Louise's vlog of the UK one you'd think not. Only a few seconds out of the whole night, though, so who really knows. The bit with Duncan and Mimei and all the hats is lovely, the fluffy pink and lilac hats suited them well.

Too many feels over Phil's endless adorableness to even express it in words. This repetitive IT job is doing things to my brain :facepalm:
eevee
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote:Does that count as jealous Dan? Since it was during the week that Dan stayed with Phil it seems more like the guy is teasing Phil about getting laid and Dan interjects even though he wasn't actually @ mentioned to begin with, which sort of insinuates himself as being part of the situation.
True. I guess in that case it's less Jealous!Dan.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

eevee wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:Does that count as jealous Dan? Since it was during the week that Dan stayed with Phil it seems more like the guy is teasing Phil about getting laid and Dan interjects even though he wasn't actually @ mentioned to begin with, which sort of insinuates himself as being part of the situation.
More like... possessive-proud-wants-everyone-to-know-who-Phil-is-fucking Dan. ;)
SquishPhan
capita£ester

alittledizzy wrote:
eevee wrote:
More like... possessive-proud-wants-everyone-to-know-who-Phil-is-fucking Dan. ;)
That's how I see it as well. ;)
eevee
emo goose

you're right guys
bee
phabergé

I actually see it more like "playing along and/or being cool haha"? Idk. Not that it couldn't be true though