Dan & Phil Part 17: Open Wide for Captain Lester

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

eevee wrote:I vaguely remember that tweet. Jealous!Dan ftw, always. We'll see if he lurks based on if it gets hand-deleted.
people already @, liked and retwetted the tweet yesterday and today :facepalm: smh
so if he deletes this might be why
Anonymousse
flower crown
Pronouns: Any

You are getting too excited about 2009,
get out of the trashcan.
(hah, look who is talking)

But who the fuck am I kidding? I'm mostly just the rotting banana peel at the bottom of the phan trash can who genuinely gets excited over the thought of them snuggling in bed. Idgaf let a bitch live
- Manged

bear
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

I was gone for a day! there's like 10 new pages yes.
majitzu wrote:Who wants to see some Drake (Louie) photos in the tatinof tour? You may recognize some places ;)

omg I wonder if Drake/Louie will private his instagram since the phandom found it.
alittledizzy wrote:
eevee wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:Does that count as jealous Dan? Since it was during the week that Dan stayed with Phil it seems more like the guy is teasing Phil about getting laid and Dan interjects even though he wasn't actually @ mentioned to begin with, which sort of insinuates himself as being part of the situation.
True. I guess in that case it's less Jealous!Dan.
More like... possessive-proud-wants-everyone-to-know-who-Phil-is-fucking Dan. ;)
swofro
angel bean

sabrina wrote:I was gone for a day! there's like 10 new pages yes.
majitzu wrote:Who wants to see some Drake (Louie) photos in the tatinof tour? You may recognize some places ;)
omg I wonder if Drake/Louie will private his instagram since the phandom found it.
I found the instagram a few weeks ago and it is private. My guess is he deleted personal /private photos and left the fun ones for the phandom and unprivate his account. Drake understands

I also found this tweet with no context. I wonder what he is on about.
Love is forever
bee
phabergé

swofro wrote: I also found this tweet with no context. I wonder what he is on about.
Awww he WAS once a bumbling inarticulate mess like me - relatable

Options: - He was wondering about his past relationship
- Especially in regards to a new relationship?
- Like repeating behaviours
- He was high as a kite
Idk. Something something someone somewhere
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

LurkingTrash wrote:
eevee wrote:I vaguely remember that tweet. Jealous!Dan ftw, always. We'll see if he lurks based on if it gets hand-deleted.
people already @, liked and retwetted the tweet yesterday and today :facepalm: smh
so if he deletes this might be why
Aaaaww... Sad. Say goodbye to this tweet.
Although I want to be a and say this was a territorial!Dan, I'd say this more of Dan playing along. Besides 2009!phan is cute af but confusing as hell.
apathy
sad dimple

A bit late, but Mimei's video clip of the after party makes me think of a group of kids who've been dragged to a "grown up" event entertaining themselves in the corner while the adults socialize.

If not many of their friends/colleagues actually went, and it was mostly for tour crew & management, then that might not be too far from reality. Especially the way they approached them like "hey, can we play with you?" :lol:
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

bee wrote:
swofro wrote: I also found this tweet with no context. I wonder what he is on about.

- He was high as a kite
Everyone is getting excited about this ''possible Phan proof'' tweet and I'm just adding this to my collection of tweets that make me wonder if Dan is actually a stoner. I'd like a 420 emoji.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

apathy wrote:A bit late, but Mimei's video clip of the after party makes me think of a group of kids who've been dragged to a "grown up" event entertaining themselves in the corner while the adults socialize.

If not many of their friends/colleagues actually went, and it was mostly for tour crew & management, then that might not be too far from reality. Especially the way they approached them like "hey, can we play with you?" :lol:
Omg it really is like that :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
uglyamerican
woodland creature

I'm relatively new to obsessing over these dorks (D&P,) and I understand who D&M are, but what is Duncan and Mimei's backstory? Judging by their accents when speaking in English, they might be Australian and now living in Japan? Maybe they learned English while studying in Australia? Perhaps English language teachers in Japan are mostly Australians?
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

uglyamerican wrote:I'm relatively new to obsessing over these dorks (D&P,) and I understand who D&M are, but what is Duncan and Mimei's backstory? Judging by their accents, they might be Australian and now living in Japan? Maybe they learned English while studying in Australia?
Duncan is British-Japanese. He's been living in Japan since he was 13 (if he was telling the truth). While, Mimei is from New Zealand. I'm not sure how Mimei got to Japan though. They are married and both living in Japan.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

uglyamerican wrote:I'm relatively new to obsessing over these dorks (D&P,) and I understand who D&M are, but what is Duncan and Mimei's backstory? Judging by their accents when speaking in English, they might be Australian and now living in Japan? Maybe they learned English while studying in Australia? Perhaps English language teachers in Japan are mostly Australians?
duncans mixed race, mimei just made up that name to sound more kawaii desu and apparently decided the next step was to move to japan
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
kay
phabergé

apathy wrote:A bit late, but Mimei's video clip of the after party makes me think of a group of kids who've been dragged to a "grown up" event entertaining themselves in the corner while the adults socialize.

:lol: Too true! That's just what it sounded like.

I love the Louie IG pics, but sorry he will never be Louie. He will always be Drake. It's hilarious to me how the pics are all in the exact same spots as D&P -- obviously they would be since he's security but it's like D&P go take their selfie and then Drake slides in like... okay lemme get one too. :lol: The album cover is hilarious, I wonder who made it for him.
bee wrote: Options: - He was wondering about his past relationship
It's interesting where the comma is. "I saw this video where you act the same but with someone else" might mean the tweet isn't directed at anyone in particular and he saw a video about acting differently around people, like a relationship advice video or somebody talking about something or etc. "I saw this video, where you act the same but with someone else" sounds much more direct. i.e., I saw a video of you where you're acting the way you act around me but with someone else, and it made me think that you never really stop loving someone. You know Dan, probably vague on purpose.
angrymob
hobbit hair

esso wrote:Bit of a random question:

I was on Phil's channel and noticed his channel recs on the side are: Dan, PJ, Louise, Cat, Smosh, and Duncan (his English channel). I think its cute that he has Duncan's english channel on the rec which makes me wonder how they interacted via youtube in the past. Anyone know how these channel recs have changed over time?
From WaybackMachine what a fun flashback to youtube's old layout. Phil's actually very business-like in his recommended channels. If channels were removed it was usually when they stopped making videos.
October 1

Subscribers - 280
Visible Subscriptions (18) - Jynxyjo, putonyourshoes, chellbie, joshuawillis

March 25

Subscribers - 3573
Visible Subscriptions (57) - charlestrippy, JohnnyDurham19, chellbie, joshuawillis, BritishHeroGuy, AndrewBravener

July 25
Subscribers - 11191
Visible Subscriptions (74) - swiftkaratechop, JohnnyDurham19, chellbie, joshuawillis, BritishHeroGuy, AndrewBravener, kokiriforest, jimmy0010, KickThePj

December 25
Subscribers - 23548
"Monkeys" - KickThePj, AndrewBravener, kokiriforest, charlieskies, dudeneedaeaseonup, zacharyxbinks, MattG124, swiftkaratechop, HurricaneAubrey, Epiphanized, MusicFromBlueSkies, JohnnyDurham19, TheMysteryChannel, FabianaRickman

February 3

Subscribers - 30270
"Monkeys" - KickThePj, charlieskies, AndrewBravener, kokiriforest, dudeneedaeaseonup, zacharyxbinks, MattG124, swiftkaratechop, JohnnyDurham19, MusicFromBlueSkies, 3sixty5days, HatticusRex, HurricaneAubrey, Epiphanized, BethOnTop, omgmhazzrocks

August 8
Subscribers - 63880
":]" - KickThePj, AndrewBravener, dudeneedaeaseonup, zacharyxbinks, HurricaneAubrey, tyrannosauruslexxx, lomasca, charlieskies, SarahGrace1, kokiriforest, mememolly, JohnnyDurham19, Paperlilies, crabstickz, MusicFromBlueSkies, HatticusRex

December 10
Subscribers - 85155
":]" - danisnotonfire, KickThePj, AndrewBravener, charlieskies, SarahGrace1, dudeneedaeaseonup, zacharyxbinks, HurricaneAubrey, tyrannosauruslexxx, 3sixty5days, swiftkaratechop, mememolly, JohnnyDurham19, Paperlilies, crabstickz, MusicFromBlueSkies

February 8

Subscribers - 95219
":]" - danisnotonfire, KickThePj, AndrewBravener, charlieskies, SarahGrace1, dudeneedaeaseonup, zacharyxbinks, HurricaneAubrey, tyrannosauruslexxx, 3sixty5days, swiftkaratechop, mememolly, Paperlilies, JohnnyDurham19, GazzyTube, lomasca

June 21
Subscribers - 116381
"(。◕‿◕。)" - danisnotonfire, LessAmazingPhil, KickThePj, AndrewBravener, charlieskies, dudeneedaeaseonup, zacharyxbinks, HurricaneAubrey, Paperlilies, mememolly, tyrannosauruslexxx, 3sixty5days, swiftkaratechop, JohnnyDurham19

December 11

Subscribers - 186544
"(。◕‿◕。)" - danisnotonfire, LessAmazingPhil, superamazingproject, KickThePj, crabstickz, dudeneedaeaseonup, AndrewBravener, Paperlilies, zacharyxbinks, mememolly, HurricaneAubrey, Nanalew, CTFxC, GazzyTube, livelavalive, swiftkaratechop

February 29

Subscribers - 199253
"(^____^)" - LessAmazingPhil, superamazingproject, danisnotonfire, KickThePj, Chris Kendall, dudeneedaeaseonup, paperlilies, wirrow

November 9
Subscribers - 394317
"(^____^)" - LessAmazingPhil, superamazingproject, danisnotonfire, KickThePj, crabstickz, Jack & Dean, catrific, Paperlilies, wirrow

March 9

Subscribers - 684601
"(^____^)" - LessAmazingPhil, superamazingproject, danisnotonfire, KickThePj, crabstickz, catrific, Duncan, Paperlilies, wirrow, carriehopefletcher

October 30
Subscribers - 1321355
"(^____^)" - LessAmazingPhil, danisnotonfire, KickThePj, crabstickz, catrific, Duncan, Paperlilies, wirrow, dudeneedaeaseonup, superamazingproject

November 3

Subscribers - 2125358
"(^____^)" - DanAndPhilGames, LessAmazingPhil, danisnotonfire, KickThePj, catrific, Sprinkleofglitter, Smosh, Duncan,
esso
spork

angrymob wrote:

I was on Phil's channel and noticed his channel recs on the side are: Dan, PJ, Louise, Cat, Smosh, and Duncan (his English channel). I think its cute that he has Duncan's english channel on the rec which makes me wonder how they interacted via youtube in the past. Anyone know how these channel recs have changed over time?
From WaybackMachine what a fun flashback to youtube's old layout. Phil's actually very business-like in his recommended channels. If channels were removed it was usually when they stopped making videos.
October 1

Subscribers - 280

March 25

Subscribers - 3573
Visible Subscriptions (57) - charlestrippy, JohnnyDurham19, chellbie, joshuawillis, BritishHeroGuy, AndrewBravener

July 25
Subscribers - 11191
Visible Subscriptions (74) - swiftkaratechop, JohnnyDurham19, chellbie, joshuawillis, BritishHeroGuy, AndrewBravener, kokiriforest, jimmy0010, KickThePj

December 25
Subscribers - 23548
"Monkeys" - KickThePj, AndrewBravener, kokiriforest, charlieskies, dudeneedaeaseonup, zacharyxbinks, MattG124, swiftkaratechop, HurricaneAubrey, Epiphanized, MusicFromBlueSkies, JohnnyDurham19, TheMysteryChannel, FabianaRickman

February 3

Subscribers - 30270
"Monkeys" - KickThePj, charlieskies, AndrewBravener, kokiriforest, dudeneedaeaseonup, zacharyxbinks, MattG124, swiftkaratechop, JohnnyDurham19, MusicFromBlueSkies, 3sixty5days, HatticusRex, HurricaneAubrey, Epiphanized, BethOnTop, omgmhazzrocks

August 8
Subscribers - 63880
":]" - KickThePj, AndrewBravener, dudeneedaeaseonup, zacharyxbinks, HurricaneAubrey, tyrannosauruslexxx, lomasca, charlieskies, SarahGrace1, kokiriforest, mememolly, JohnnyDurham19, Paperlilies, crabstickz, MusicFromBlueSkies, HatticusRex

December 10
Subscribers - 85155
":]" - danisnotonfire, KickThePj, AndrewBravener, charlieskies, SarahGrace1, dudeneedaeaseonup, zacharyxbinks, HurricaneAubrey, tyrannosauruslexxx, 3sixty5days, swiftkaratechop, mememolly, JohnnyDurham19, Paperlilies, crabstickz, MusicFromBlueSkies

February 8

Subscribers - 95219
":]" - danisnotonfire, KickThePj, AndrewBravener, charlieskies, SarahGrace1, dudeneedaeaseonup, zacharyxbinks, HurricaneAubrey, tyrannosauruslexxx, 3sixty5days, swiftkaratechop, mememolly, Paperlilies, JohnnyDurham19, GazzyTube, lomasca

June 21
Subscribers - 116381
"(。◕‿◕。)" - danisnotonfire, LessAmazingPhil, KickThePj, AndrewBravener, charlieskies, dudeneedaeaseonup, zacharyxbinks, HurricaneAubrey, Paperlilies, mememolly, tyrannosauruslexxx, 3sixty5days, swiftkaratechop, JohnnyDurham19

December 11

Subscribers - 186544
"(。◕‿◕。)" - danisnotonfire, LessAmazingPhil, superamazingproject, KickThePj, crabstickz, dudeneedaeaseonup, AndrewBravener, Paperlilies, zacharyxbinks, mememolly, HurricaneAubrey, Nanalew, CTFxC, GazzyTube, livelavalive, swiftkaratechop

February 29

Subscribers - 199253
"(^____^)" - LessAmazingPhil, superamazingproject, danisnotonfire, KickThePj, Chris Kendall, dudeneedaeaseonup, paperlilies, wirrow

November 9
Subscribers - 394317
"(^____^)" - LessAmazingPhil, superamazingproject, danisnotonfire, KickThePj, crabstickz, Jack & Dean, catrific, Paperlilies, wirrow

March 9

Subscribers - 684601
"(^____^)" - LessAmazingPhil, superamazingproject, danisnotonfire, KickThePj, crabstickz, catrific, Duncan, Paperlilies, wirrow, carriehopefletcher

October 30
Subscribers - 1321355
"(^____^)" - LessAmazingPhil, danisnotonfire, KickThePj, crabstickz, catrific, Duncan, Paperlilies, wirrow, dudeneedaeaseonup, superamazingproject

November 3

Subscribers - 2125358
"(^____^)" - DanAndPhilGames, LessAmazingPhil, danisnotonfire, KickThePj, catrific, Sprinkleofglitter, Smosh, Duncan,
Thanks angrymob ! Not really that familiar with the old school youtube channels but its cool to also see the number of subscribers as well.
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

angrymob wrote:

October 1

Subscribers - 280

March 25

Subscribers - 3573

July 25
Subscribers - 11191

December 25
Subscribers - 23548

February 3

Subscribers - 30270

August 8
Subscribers - 63880

December 10
Subscribers - 85155

February 8

Subscribers - 95219

June 21
Subscribers - 116381

December 11

Subscribers - 186544

February 29

Subscribers - 199253

November 9
Subscribers - 394317

March 9

Subscribers - 684601

October 30
Subscribers - 1321355

November 3

Subscribers - 2125358
Wow! Thanks for this. It's interesting to see how PJ was displaced as the 1st recommended channel when Dan entered the picture and consequently, moving the vlogcandy guy and charlie. The others needed to climb up the "recommendation tier." But Dan had the fast pass and got ahead of everyone. (I am assuming the order of the names showed the importance of the channel to Phil.)

Phil really promoted Dan when he was starting. What a senpai

When did Charlie started attacking Dan on Twitter? 2011?
gnostic
stress mushroom

jaej wrote:
uglyamerican wrote:I'm relatively new to obsessing over these dorks (D&P,) and I understand who D&M are, but what is Duncan and Mimei's backstory? Judging by their accents when speaking in English, they might be Australian and now living in Japan? Maybe they learned English while studying in Australia? Perhaps English language teachers in Japan are mostly Australians?
duncans mixed race, mimei just made up that name to sound more kawaii desu and apparently decided the next step was to move to japan
From what I understand from my Japanese colleagues, it is not at all uncommon for foreigners moving to Japan to adopt a Japanese name. Kind of like Chinese people adopt Western names when working in Western world

Did she move as a consequence of being with him, or before that?
Just here for the marketing skills
timtam
lady door

Diyes_Celine wrote:
angrymob wrote:

October 1

Subscribers - 280

March 25

Subscribers - 3573

July 25
Subscribers - 11191

December 25
Subscribers - 23548

February 3

Subscribers - 30270

August 8
Subscribers - 63880

December 10
Subscribers - 85155

February 8

Subscribers - 95219

June 21
Subscribers - 116381

December 11

Subscribers - 186544

February 29

Subscribers - 199253

November 9
Subscribers - 394317

March 9

Subscribers - 684601

October 30
Subscribers - 1321355

November 3

Subscribers - 2125358
Wow! Thanks for this. It's interesting to see how PJ was displaced as the 1st recommended channel when Dan entered the picture and consequently, moving the vlogcandy guy and charlie. The others needed to climb up the "recommendation tier." But Dan had the fast pass and got ahead of everyone. (I am assuming the order of the names showed the importance of the channel to Phil.)

Literally was thinking exactly that. The first time Dan shows up he's first. I assume it's because they were collabing a lot and for promotion but it's still sweet. Also I didn't realise Phil knew of Crabstickz before Dan. I mean I probably did but it's funny to see it written down. Also I don't know why Phil has smosh as a recommended channel. Are they even friends?! Have they ever collabed?

Also Dan only recommends the gaming channel ha
felucca
truth bomb

2009 Phil:
"I collabed with this guy twice lol, better put him on top of the list!"
now open wide for captain lester
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
iodoc
crusty sponge
Pronouns: he/him, please

felucca wrote:2009 Phil:
Was not prepared for this gif. Have since died.

"Can you manage these stairs with your Gucci hooves?"
opendoor
rainbow nerd

This might be a bit reach-y, but if we were going to make this about phan, it could be about Dan seeing a vid of Phil with one of his exes (Charlie?) and it making reminding him of the way Phil is with him. And then the 'you never really stop loving someone' is him worrying about that.
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
majitzu
angel bean

It's july, we survive for 6 months, and we will survive the next 6.

If I was in the sea I will trust more my abilities than theirs ... :D
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

timtam wrote:
Diyes_Celine wrote:
angrymob wrote:

October 1

Subscribers - 280

March 25

Subscribers - 3573

July 25
Subscribers - 11191

December 25
Subscribers - 23548

February 3

Subscribers - 30270

August 8
Subscribers - 63880

December 10
Subscribers - 85155

February 8

Subscribers - 95219

June 21
Subscribers - 116381

December 11

Subscribers - 186544

February 29

Subscribers - 199253

November 9
Subscribers - 394317

March 9

Subscribers - 684601

October 30
Subscribers - 1321355

November 3

Subscribers - 2125358

Literally was thinking exactly that. The first time Dan shows up he's first. I assume it's because they were collabing a lot and for promotion but it's still sweet. Also I didn't realise Phil knew of Crabstickz before Dan. I mean I probably did but it's funny to see it written down. Also I don't know why Phil has smosh as a recommended channel. Are they even friends?! Have they ever collabed?

Also Dan only recommends the gaming channel ha
Nice to see it all written out I wanted to look it up yesterday but Wayback Machine was down when I tried and after that I forgot about it.

And I don't really understand smosh being on the list either. I mean they're... friendly I guess? They like each other. They hang out a bit when they meet at conventions and D&P have been in that awful Smosh Babies cartoon twice but that's it imo. I guess you could call Dan and Anthony friends (not that close though) but I don't think Phil is really friends with either Anthony or Ian. Definitely not on the more personal level as he is with PJ, Cat, Louise and Duncan who are the the list. (I guess one could say Louise is more Dan's friend than Phil's as well though)
lmao It's definitely interesting how Dan became Phil's fave so quickly.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
bee
phabergé

bedhead91 wrote:
bee wrote:

- He was high as a kite
Everyone is getting excited about this ''possible Phan proof'' tweet and I'm just adding this to my collection of tweets that make me wonder if Dan is actually a stoner. I'd like a 420 emoji.
Maybe he's been trying to tell us all these years. Dan is not on fire, but the joints are. Constantly. We won't even get the hint with the weed sweater What does a guy have to do.
achika wrote:
bee wrote: Options: - He was wondering about his past relationship
It's interesting where the comma is. "I saw this video where you act the same but with someone else" might mean the tweet isn't directed at anyone in particular and he saw a video about acting differently around people, like a relationship advice video or somebody talking about something or etc. "I saw this video, where you act the same but with someone else" sounds much more direct. i.e., I saw a video of you where you're acting the way you act around me but with someone else, and it made me think that you never really stop loving someone. You know Dan, probably vague on purpose.
Oh yeah. Like he has talked(?) about acting different around different people (mirror neurons).
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

Catallena wrote:
lmao It's definitely interesting how Dan became Phil's fave so quickly.
I treat this a joke now (a v bad joke) but when I started learning about their history all I can think was Dan "whoring" his way up. I know it's an offensive term but I can't help it with all the naked daily booths and all his interactions with Phil.