Dan & Phil Part 17: Open Wide for Captain Lester

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kooshka
living flop

cora808 wrote:
Things that happened:

-This

We literally pulled an HD photo up on Google images and had the tattoo artist zoom in.
No one should let hiddenwombat and I make decisions for ourselves ever.

Somehow my first thought was that you tattooed something in your faces but this was way better. It's so cute!!
Zaz
dank meme

cora808 wrote:Things that happened:

-This

We literally pulled an HD photo up on Google images and had the tattoo artist zoom in.

omg it's perfect sad dimple is so cute
ironic wrote:You are my heroes right now It actually looks pretty cool! :lol:
Same!!

I'm not sure i could commit to such a tattoo but i think it's really cool
[offtopic]although that's probably because i got my first tattoo a couple of months ago and a member of my family had a negative reaction to it and i'm a little bit wary now... :sideeye:[/offtopic]
English is not my first language, sorry for any mistakes!
adequate duck
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: she/they

cora and wombat i love you both. 60000 trash points to both of you. I'm totally gonna copy you now, see if i don't ;)
"don't respect any ducks" - phil lester
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

-This

Amazing!!
I love how low key it is so many people will think it is just a sad face (and maybe wonder why) but people in the Phandom will understand.

I would love a tattoo (probably a quote) but I haven't got the balls to do it yet!
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
majitzu
angel bean

Best tattoo ever, can you please explain how exactly did you decided to do this? I need to know the thought process, or the lack of it.

I'm bored, entertaint me guys
human
dan hand trash

swofro wrote:I am back with information. Remember the guy that takes professional pictures from Tatinof Las Vegas until Seattle? I finally pop him a question.
Thoughts?

Cora and wombat, please tweet this to Deppy. I love sad dimple so much
This interests me because in the light of discovering their move from ChannelFlip to being divided between DanHowellLtd and AmazingPhilLtd, their management seems still very much together. Wonder why there was no decision to be DanAndPhilLtd then.
eevee
emo goose

human wrote:This interests me because in the light of discovering their move from ChannelFlip to being divided between DanHowellLtd and AmazingPhilLtd, their management seems still very much together. Wonder why there was no decision to be DanAndPhilLtd then.
That's a very good point, I wonder why they split their companies like that. #phandivorced I mean, they seem to share everything, like the money....maybe it has something to do with taxes or fees?

Love the tats cora and wombat! I think I should get a tattoo of or "your skin looks nice under the blue sun." Y'know, if I want to never be able to meet D&P, that is. Haha, no really, if I got a tattoo I would probably be basic af and get cat whiskers....
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

-This

This is great.
human wrote:
swofro wrote:I am back with information. Remember the guy that takes professional pictures from Tatinof Las Vegas until Seattle? I finally pop him a question.
Thoughts?

Cora and wombat, please tweet this to Deppy. I love sad dimple so much
This interests me because in the light of discovering their move from ChannelFlip to being divided between DanHowellLtd and AmazingPhilLtd, their management seems still very much together. Wonder why there was no decision to be DanAndPhilLtd then.
I find this interesting as well.
All the TATINOF videos are going to be on Dan's channel, but the money will go to both of them, so having it all onder one company would make more sense to me.
Reizam
butt chair

eevee wrote:
human wrote:This interests me because in the light of discovering their move from ChannelFlip to being divided between DanHowellLtd and AmazingPhilLtd, their management seems still very much together. Wonder why there was no decision to be DanAndPhilLtd then.
That's a very good point, I wonder why they split their companies like that. #phandivorced I mean, they seem to share everything, like the money....maybe it has something to do with taxes or fees?

Love the tats cora and wombat! I think I should get a tattoo of or "your skin looks nice under the blue sun." Y'know, if I want to never be able to meet D&P, that is. Haha, no really, if I got a tattoo I would probably be basic af and get cat whiskers....
Curious... I searched them on socialblade and found that danandphilcrafts and dananphilgames are claimed by DanHowellLtd. However, in a now copywrite-claimed video posted on this site earlier, the video was removed to be claimed by Dan Howell and Phil Lester....
missemma wrote:Just gonna leave this here
Not sure what this means or if this is even news, but I'm gonna assume they are happily married will be together for a while if all the money is going into the same pot?

Btw cute tats! Original and understated, that's my jam.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i feel like it looks like i'm always lowkey claiming that d+p are trying to avoid tax, which is not at all what i think, but yeah there's probably a tax based reason for splitting it. or they're just not being too optimistic about having their single channels tied together forever. or joint companies like that are harder to manage. idk.

and i love the tattoos i did momentarily panic that you'd gotten them on your faces, but i love them, sad dimple is so cute
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

omg I love the tattoos! What a subtle way of being a fangirl. Kinda want to get them now but I'm already regretting the ones that I do have so maybe in a year o so.

The person who asked about cat's liveshow: I didn't watch the whole thing, I just went there for a few minutes but I was able to catch her telling people that didn't have much time so between choosing to film a video or having lunch with friends se choose to take them to "her favorite pancake place because Phil loves pancakes" and she's already been collabing a lot at vidcon week, so don't expect a video from her. (She also mentioned that she wasn't invited for sitc this year).
eevee
emo goose

LurkingTrash wrote:The person who asked about cat's liveshow: I didn't watch the whole thing, I just went there for a few minutes but I was able to catch her telling people that didn't have much time so between choosing to film a video or having lunch with friends se choose to take them to "her favorite pancake place because Phil loves pancakes" and she's already been collabing a lot at vidcon week, so don't expect a video from her. (She also mentioned that she wasn't invited for sitc this year).
Thanks for the information. Sad we won't get a video but happy I won't have to sit through a video that involves Cat. I wonder if that means D&P collabed with no one...
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
jess
living flop

cora808 & hiddenwombat, yessssssssssssssssssssssss. wombat better go home before you two get into more trouble!
blueapple_x
flower crown

LurkingTrash wrote:omg I love the tattoos! What a subtle way of being a fangirl. Kinda want to get them now but I'm already regretting the ones that I do have so maybe in a year o so.

The person who asked about cat's liveshow: I didn't watch the whole thing, I just went there for a few minutes but I was able to catch her telling people that didn't have much time so between choosing to film a video or having lunch with friends se choose to take them to "her favorite pancake place because Phil loves pancakes" and she's already been collabing a lot at vidcon week, so don't expect a video from her. (She also mentioned that she wasn't invited for sitc this year).
Thanks for answering my question! I wonder if at any point she mentioned why she didn't apparently go to tatinof. Did she mean don't expect a vid from her with D+P b/c she's been collabing a lot or just not to expect one in general? I assume you mean the former but I just want to clarify lol.

Well, at least we know D+P aren't going to be at sitc either. If she was going then she'd likely stay at their place. I don't think she vlogged at all last time though...only snapchat.
eevee wrote: Thanks for the information. Sad we won't get a video but happy I won't have to sit through a video that involves Cat. I wonder if that means D&P collabed with no one...
We know they filmed with the Fine Bros but idk if you'd consider that a collab per say. If they didn't have much time to hang with Cat it might've been because they were busy collabing it up/ planning tatinof things.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

blueapple_x wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote:omg I love the tattoos! What a subtle way of being a fangirl. Kinda want to get them now but I'm already regretting the ones that I do have so maybe in a year o so.

Thanks for answering my question! I wonder if at any point she mentioned why she didn't apparently go to tatinof. Did she mean don't expect a vid from her with D+P b/c she's been collabing a lot or just not to expect one in general? I assume you mean the former but I just want to clarify lol.

Well, at least we know D+P aren't going to be at sitc either. If she was going then she'd likely stay at their place.
Not sure what you meant but she said that she didn't film with Dan and Phil at all.
And about tatinof... for the 10 minutes that I watched she avoided the questions even if they were all everyone was asking about in the chat, lol, but it's an hour of liveshow, right? I can't be sure if she mentioned it before or after I was there.
idk I even decided to test my theory and tried to ask a few questions different from the people asking about tatinof and she latched to them so fast, lol, I really got the impression that she was avoiding the subject
eevee wrote: Thanks for the information. Sad we won't get a video but happy I won't have to sit through a video that involves Cat. I wonder if that means D&P collabed with no one...
idk, usually I really like Cat, even is she doesn't put much effort in her youtube videos I like the subjects she chooses and I think she's a great friend from what I can see, (I know most people disagree with me tho, lol) I think that's why I was side-eyeing the whole 'not going to tatinof' thing so much, still am. But I generally really like her
blueapple_x
flower crown

LurkingTrash wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:

Well, at least we know D+P aren't going to be at sitc either. If she was going then she'd likely stay at their place.
Not sure what you meant but she said that she didn't film with Dan and Phil at all.
And about tatinof... for the 10 minutes that I watched she avoided the questions even if they were all everyone was asking about in the chat, lol, but it's an hour of liveshow, right? I can't be sure if she mentioned it before or after I was there.
idk I even decided to test my theory and tried to ask a few questions different from the people asking about tatinof and she latched to them so fast, lol, I really got the impression that she was avoiding the subject
You pretty much answered my question in the bolded part lol, thanks! Hmm I guess we can safely assume she didn't see tatinof...otherwise she would've definitely said something to praise it. Maybe that's why she tweeted she was feeling like a bad friend. No idea why she would even tweet that with no context, whether or not it had to do with D+P.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Moderator Action :
for discussion on any other youtubers beside Dan and Phil please use this thread. this thread is simply for Dan and Phil discussion. Thaaaaanks :)
Cora and wombat - loving the tattoos, such a quirky homage to your faves.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

I'm disappointed and kind of annoyed with Dan and Phil right now. They've uploaded a total of two videos this month. TWO.
Agari.o on the gaming channel and the video on Phil's channel, all at the beginning of the month.
Dan hasn't updated his channel in over a month. The gaming channel is really screwed right now. then again it hasn't been "normal" since late 2014.Their main series, the sims 4, hasn't been updated in two months. The other main series, undertale hasn't been updated in a month going on two.
This is literally a mess right now for them. Dan and Phil have their ytr stuff coming in a matter of months but yet are updating less and less. Yes, they were on tour, but they knew they were going on tour for months, so why didn't they prerecord almost all of there videos? I don't understand why they only prerecorded games like agari.o? Not updating the two main series on the gaming channel that brings in the most views, is literally the worst planning I've ever seen.
This would be the first month in a long time that Dan hasn't uploaded a video to his channel, if he doesn't update today or tomorrow, which I doubt he will.
Listen I get it, they were on tour and now they are tired. But that wasn't an excuse to not prerecord or do something. YouTube is still their job and if they want people to watch their ytr originals, they need to get working on posting more videos. Sponsors for ytr, something new, I don't care, just give us something, ffs.
This is Dan and Phil we're talking about though, I mean I should've expected this. But I never expected it to be this bad, honestly.
I hate complaining like this and I hate how angry/bitter this whole post comes off, but It's drier than the savanna desert right now. Can they give us water (content) soon, please?!
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

My thoughts on why they are so slow at releasing Sims videos (tour spoilers included below)
with Dil being a major part of tatinof they have to be very clever with this series. Unless they've activated the live forever aspect of the game they can't risk Dil dying as then the show won't make sense. Although we know they are going to Australia next, we still don't know about Asia or Europe. That might not be planned until next year so they need to space Dil out as much as they can to avoid ruining a major aspect of the show.
I agree with you though, the gaming channel has definitely suffered a lot. It's a shame because it's definitely my favourite aspect of 'Dan and Phil'. I always said that two full months on tour would bring this drought, but even I didn't think it would be so bad, to the point of wishing tatinof was over which is a shame seeing as I enjoyed the UK leg so much.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
spider
ar·tic·u·late

cora and wombat you are legends.
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

danphil333 wrote:god, i am so bored. all of you are fucking bored. people getting tattoos (yes i am :sideeye: you, at least it wasnt cat whiskers)
this is true. i am bored. :lol:
majitzu wrote:Best tattoo ever, can you please explain how exactly did you decided to do this? I need to know the thought process, or the lack of it.

I'm bored, entertaint me guys
sad dimple is hilarious to me. like, that thing is on the poor boy's face and the internet managed to ruin it for him and he has to think about it every time he looks in a mirror. also i really love stupid tattoos.

sometimes i feel like the boys have the world's shortest attention spans or worst one track minds. like they'll focus all of their energy onto one thing and completely forget about all the rest. i wouldn't be surprised if they forgot to go pee for a month solid.
majitzu
angel bean

missemma wrote:My thoughts on why they are so slow at releasing Sims videos (tour spoilers included below)
with Dil being a major part of tatinof they have to be very clever with this series. Unless they've activated the live forever aspect of the game they can't risk Dil dying as then the show won't make sense. Although we know they are going to Australia next, we still don't know about Asia or Europe. That might not be planned until next year so they need to space Dil out as much as they can to avoid ruining a major aspect of the show.
I agree with you though, the gaming channel has definitely suffered a lot. It's a shame because it's definitely my favourite aspect of 'Dan and Phil'. I always said that two full months on tour would bring this drought, but even I didn't think it would be so bad, to the point of wishing tatinof was over which is a shame seeing as I enjoyed the UK leg so much.
I agree with you but the the bolded part has make me gasp, I'm counting fot the tour to be over this year. I will, not survive another year more of tour, also now that i remember the youtube red thing is this year, isn't it? That means the tour has to finish before it release...
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm never not gonna be extremely bitter about the gaming channel, it's kinda what saved my interest in D&P. By the summer of 2014 I had grown so incredibly bored and irritated with them and their content, like even the radio show was getting in my nerves (I miss it now sure, but I couldn't take another fangirl screaming into their phone when they called in ok).

I wasn't very happy when it got cancelled and D&P moved to once a month on Monday either though, but the 'Project X' they were hyping up so much still got me curious because holy shit D&P were gonna do a thing on YouTube again. Their focus hadn't been there for almost two years, and Dan admitted to the radio taking up a lot of time they could spend on videos a few times.* Now I'm not a gamer at all so I was a bit meh when it turned out to be DAPG, but they made it enjoyable for all audiences and omg THE AMOUNT OF GOOD CONTENT. There were videos multiple a week and they made me genuinely laugh and feel things. I called it 'the best thing that has happened to the phandom' because it was. The boys seemed genuinely motivated and happy about this new thing they were doing. Then 2015 rolled around, it took them 20 days into the new year to upload again and it all went downhill from there. When the book/tour was announced we knew why. Forever bitter. :sideeye:

*That's what irritates me with D&P and the tour excuse. It's always something with them. It's time for us to admit that D&P give fuck all about YouTube content anymore, but still need that money and their audience to make their other projects work out for them because YouTube is still really their only claim the fame and the reason they get hired for other things. :sideeye:
hiddenwombat wrote: sometimes i feel like the boys have the world's shortest attention spans or worst one track minds. like they'll focus all of their energy onto one thing and completely forget about all the rest. i wouldn't be surprised if they forgot to go pee for a month solid.
ikr I wonder if they still remember the 7 Second Challenge app exists at this point, because it was like 3 weeks of non stop promo for the damn thing and then it just stopped and was never really spoken about again. :roll:

cora808 & hiddenwombat lmao I'm loving those tattoos
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
eevee
emo goose

Catallena wrote:I'm never not gonna be extremely bitter about the gaming channel, it's kinda what saved my interest in D&P. By the summer of 2014 I had grown so incredibly bored and irritated with them and their content, like even the radio show was getting in my nerves (I miss it now sure, but I couldn't take another fangirl screaming into their phone when they called in ok).

I wasn't very happy when it got cancelled and D&P moved to once a month on Monday either though, but the 'Project X' they were hyping up so much still got me curious because holy shit D&P were gonna do a thing on YouTube again. Their focus hadn't been there for almost two years, and Dan admitted to the radio taking up a lot of time they could spend on videos a few times.* Now I'm not a gamer at all so I was a bit meh when it turned out to be DAPG, but they made it enjoyable for all audiences and omg THE AMOUNT OF GOOD CONTENT. There were videos multiple a week and they made me genuinely laugh and feel things. I called it 'the best thing that has happened to the phandom' because it was. The boys seemed genuinely motivated and happy about this new thing they were doing. Then 2015 rolled around, it took them 20 days into the new year to upload again and it all went downhill from there. When the book/tour was announced we knew why. Forever bitter. :sideeye:
I'm in a similar boat. I kinda left the phandom in late 2014 but I kept watching the gaming channel. It held my interest. I really enjoyed it. I completely understand how you feel. I'm really bitter about it too. DAPG are still my favorite kind of video they produce these days. I agree that it's just good content. I hope after the tour is over they breathe more life into it but that won't be for a while probably.....*cries*
hiddenwombat
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i love how the one thing that unites us all is our collective, burning hatred.