Dan & Phil Part 18: disgustingly & inappropriately cute

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
eevee
emo goose

danphil333 wrote:I actually quite liked the dan of this liveshow :oops: :oops: . Yes he was fucking boring and he seemed like he would rather do anything else than a younow, that was nice and “human” of him. I would choose this boring chill dan over the usual performing clown dan anytime.
I agree with this, too, and everyone else who agreed with it, lol. When Dan is acting crazy and yelling in videos it's not my cup of tea. I like it when he's being more relaxed and what seems to be himself.
Also :welcome: to the dark side of Dan worshipping
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
bear
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

Philena wrote:I feel ya, 100%, danphil333!!! Cheers to the Phil trash who prefer a more natural and honest Dan!

And I really enjoyed dan in this liveshow as well. He seemed a lot more natural, though I wanted him to talk about opinions, but I get why he couldn't because if someone didn't agree with him they could attack him.
Ok I was thinking about this, why does Phil know so much about romance if he only dated a girl for a week? Just saying.
YES WE'RE AT 40
eevee
emo goose

sabrina wrote: Ok I was thinking about this, why does Phil know so much about romance if he only dated a girl for a week? Just saying.
I want to say duh phan proof but taking off the for a second, Phil did pretty conventional romantic things in the sims video for Tabitha, things that are embedded in society as romantic, in other words you don't really need experince to know that a nice dinner out is supposed to be a romantic place to propose, a rose petal bath isn't exactly creative either, I don't know I feel like they were pretty conventionally romantic things that you could've picked up from a romance movie or something.

But putting the back on, of course he knows how to wine and dine Dan, duh! ;)
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
bear
hobbit hair

eevee wrote:
sabrina wrote: Ok I was thinking about this, why does Phil know so much about romance if he only dated a girl for a week? Just saying.
I want to say duh phan proof but taking off the for a second, Phil did pretty conventional romantic things in the sims video for Tabitha, things that are embedded in society as romantic, in other words you don't really need experince to know that a nice dinner out is supposed to be a romantic place to propose, a rose petal bath isn't exactly creative either, I don't know I feel like they were pretty conventionally romantic things that you could've picked up from a romance movie or something.

*Puts on * but he talked about romantic things people wouldn't exactly find romantic like pancakes, breakfast bar banging and other stuff. *takes off phangoggles* you're right though, like about the rose petals and red wine.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

eevee wrote:

He definitely knows how to wine and dine. We're at the disadvantage of only openly hearing about it very early on before they decided to take the details off social media, but twenty-four year old was smooth (fancy restaurant and a ferris wheel on their first date. romantic love letter video on their first Valentine's Day. stargazing in the snow. random texts sent overnight just to make Dan smile) and I'm pretty sure twenty-nine year old Phil hasn't entirely lost the touch. We still know that Phil likes to go out and do nice things, and take Dan to do nice things. (The molecular gastronomy restaurant they were at in Dan's instagram from Japan comes to mind.)
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

Talking about romantic, don't forget quirky gifts ;) latest being that horrendous shoes :lol:
danphil333
hobbit hair

i feel the need to apologize.. it was just a moment of weakness for me.. it was 7am and i didnt even had my coffee. forgive me ;)

i am just waiting for dan to tweet or do something stupid again so can go back to normal
alittledizzy wrote:
danphil333 wrote:P.S. the 5000000 phil mentions also helped my case :D
I actually thought of you when the "Phil" "Same." moment happened.
can you believe i missed that moment live :facepalm: . my favorite part:

"did phil tell you about his backback?" who is this phil?
"phil told you i was paying angry birds, no it was starwars....." i, too, enjoy rewatching phil ls"
i bet he was playing fruit slice #GAMER :thumb:
Last edited by danphil333 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uglyamerican
woodland creature

I thought the ls was engaging, mainly because I was waiting to hear more details about the tour (yet didn't get much) - but oc Dan is my boy so I'm predisposed to liking just about anything he does. Anyway, it does seem like YouTube paid for the Dolby dates for the TABINOF show, and the production costs of the YTR program AND the documentary - Dan mentioned that YTR "commissioned" both at different times in the ls. And my understanding of Crunchyroll "underwriting" means that CR provided some tour funding in exchange for the advertising on the backdrop. The term "underwriting" is sometimes used (at least in the US) when a (non-media) corporation pays the production costs for a program. A better term might have been "sponsor."

I agree with Dan about not getting too deep into social issues / controversies. The internet is great at promoting awareness, but not so good at respectfully exploring the multiple facets and nuances of complex issues. The traditional media (in the US) is historically shit at doing it, and social media adds many more voices, but not necessarily balance or civility to the discussion. The best strategy is to acknowledge the issue, but not get too deep - particularly for entertainers.

Dan loves that damn hat - I want to see him wear it on the streets of London (that would make an interesting React vid.) And we did get a "weed" sweater explanation: it's a go-to piece of wardrobe because it doesn't wrinkle / require ironing - makes sense.
Last edited by uglyamerican on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

We have answers about the bananas and the shirt change
SquishPhan
capita£ester

LurkingTrash wrote: We have answers about the bananas and the shirt change
Glad that got cleared up. It was a cute little clip.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I love that even when they're talking to another person they just start bantz with each other about amphibians and Dan being a toad. Being friends with them must be so hard, you're just constantly third wheeling.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
bear
hobbit hair

I can't stop watching this. They are so cute and domestic. (yes I said the d word) Of course they just start banting about toads. Ughhhh
I was annoyed when the dude (don't know him) was like the best way to get retweets is to include you guys and they were like hahhhahahaha shut up.
I get so annoyed when youtubers use them as clickbait. It always works though. :roll:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

sabrina wrote:
I can't stop watching this. They are so cute and domestic. (yes I said the d word) Of course they just start banting about toads. Ughhhh
I was annoyed when the dude (don't know him) was like the best way to get retweets is to include you guys and they were like hahhhahahaha shut up.
I get so annoyed when youtubers use them as clickbait. It always works though. :roll:
Michael Aranda is cool, he was just joking with them. He goes way back in the YouTube community and closely associated with Charlieissocoollike and the vlogbrothers. Dan loves him, he used to talk about him very often in old liveshows and said that he would love to collab with him one day. Dan is such a fanboy. I don't think Michael makes a lot of video anymore these days though.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
eevee
emo goose

That being said though about the RT thing by mentioning dan and phil, it makes me wonder if Hazel was testing out that theory after all with her nonsense tweet that involved dan?
bear
hobbit hair

eevee wrote:That being said though about the RT thing by mentioning dan and phil, it makes me wonder if Hazel was testing out that theory after all with her nonsense tweet that involved dan?
Ooooh good theory. That would make a ton of sense, or/and she was trying to attract phandom members by it. It does make me kind of sad because the people I'm trash about are used as clickbait and people get the wrong idea about them.
eevee
emo goose

sabrina wrote:Ooooh good theory. That would make a ton of sense, or/and she was trying to attract phandom members by it. It does make me kind of sad because the people I'm trash about are used as clickbait and people get the wrong idea about them.
I can't take credit for that theory, I'm pretty sure fancybum came up with it originally when the tweet was posted. At this point, I'm pretty sold on that theory though. Why else would Hazel tweet total nonsense and tag Dan?
bear
hobbit hair

eevee wrote:
sabrina wrote:Ooooh good theory. That would make a ton of sense, or/and she was trying to attract phandom members by it. It does make me kind of sad because the people I'm trash about are used as clickbait and people get the wrong idea about them.
I can't take credit for that theory, I'm pretty sure fancybum came up with it originally when the tweet was posted. At this point, I'm pretty sold on that theory though. Why else would Hazel tweet total nonsense and tag Dan?
I was annoyed because I was starting to like Hazel. But that theory makes the most sense. Youtube, in the end is a giant game and are the weapons. (Wowowow metaphors with Sabrina)
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

busy being happy~