Phandom Podcast!

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilMango
morning quiff
Pronouns: she/her

This thread will be for new episodes/discussion of the Audible Waffles Podcast.
Feel free to leave questions and comments here, or visit the tumblr page:
http://audiblewaffles.tumblr.com/

Episode 1: https://soundcloud.com/user-876679607/a ... he-phandom
Quoting the tumblr post:
"EPISODE ONE - THE POWER OF THE PHANDOM
what is the mythical power behind the online machine that is the phandom?
why did we choose Dan and Phil from the abundance of fringed nerds all over the Internet?
are we as special as we think? and are they?
what keeps us interested and always craving more?
special shoutout to @stumpyblock for being the first ever person to send us a question!
Next up, look forward to us taking a closer look at TATINOF!
feel free to submit questions either through Tumblr or at [email protected]"

Thank you to:
phamnotof
alittledizzy
000dia000
ablissa
poethecactus
Whatevenismyusername
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Hi Guys!
I just finished listening to it and let me tell you, I'm in love!
I loved the format and it sounded very organized with the topics and questions.
Loved the choice of subjects too.
When it ended I was very sad and thinking "why can't it be an hour long?" but I like that it's half an hour, leaves you wanting more.
I'm waiting for next episodes!
I'd like to contribute in the future too but for now I'll just find questions and send it your way
idontreallyknow
spork

I just listened to it and I absolutely love it too! If you need an extra person just hmu ;), no but seriously, it was great. Really well set up and I also wished it was longer bc it was so good. Looking forward to the next one :D
thisliv
dank meme

All of you did a great job on this I loved the discussion a lot and the topics you chose to talk about. It's fun hearing actual voices talking about Deppy, too, since I have no one irl (or even on the internet, now that I think of it) to discuss them with.

What really stood out to me after listening to this was the fact that it made me question why exactly I watch and why I stick around, which is something in my four years of watching them that I don't think I've ever actually wondered about. I think for a while I thought that it was their mysterious relationship, but when I really thought about it just now, I realized that I care more about the fact that these guys make me laugh, even during rewatches of their old videos. The last rewatch I did of a few of their videos was the first time in weeks, maybe even a couple months, that I laughed that hard. So thank you for making me realize that :D
lilMango
morning quiff

So so glad you enjoyed it, LurkingTrash, idontreallyknow and thisliv!
We were talking a bit about making it longer, having more questions etc. but I agree with you LurkingTrash about it leaving people wanting more. That's a good thing ;)
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
catch
phillion/danosaur <//3

Oh my gosh this is great! Such a personal, lovely feeling to it. I don't have anyone in real life to discuss them with either, so hearing you voice some different angles on these topics really provides something unique to me. What an awesome bunch of people you are, taking the time to put this together I almost don't even feel like I'm waiting for a video anymore right now.
bluewho
truth bomb

Great job, you were all so articulate and well spoken and it was really interesting to listen to :D
backin09
living flop

Listening to it right now, and it's SO good so far!! I love hearing your voices because sometimes I forget that you're all real humans :lol: I'd love to be in the next one(s) if that's possible!
without the internet, we never would have met
phamnotof
morning quiff

Thanks to everyone, you're all lovely! Me and my troll voice are pleased and doing a happy dance.

Next up, we're doing TATINOF, but we've filled up the episode already and as we don't want people talking over each other, we can't add more, but I'm definitely going to be posting stuff re: the ones planned in the future & we'd love for everyone to have a go, we wanna keep it fresh. :D But you should definitely send us your opinions on either Tumblr or our email for now, we're likely to put those into the episode, too. :)
corn flakes
moon room

Fantastic job The format and the lenght are perfect. Now when is the next one?
English is not my first language: half of the mistakes are typos ,half are me
ironic
lady door

You people are great. Loved listening to your voices and your opinions. Good job!
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
bear
hobbit hair

This was really great, and it's so much better hearing people's opinions out loud. Look forward to future episodes
Winston
flower crown

Finally listening! I'm just sitting on my patio with headphones in and a stupid smile on my face! It's great guys! :D Can't wait for the next one.
actions speak louder than words
kay
phabergé

Congrats to all involved! This was such a cool project.
blueapple_x
flower crown

I can't wait to give this a listen!

Quick question: btw are the casual skype sessions about the same topics as the podcasts? And the podcasts will just be more polished versions of what was discussed on the casual skype chats?
lonely trash
glabella
Pronouns: trash

blueapple_x wrote:I can't wait to give this a listen!

Quick question: btw are the casual skype sessions about the same topics as the podcasts? And the podcasts will just be more polished versions of what was discussed on the casual skype chats?
The casual skype calls are generally just random discussions about ourselves, sometimes not even about Deppy. We have went over a few of the topics in the casual call, though, just not too in-depth.

Also just a warning that the skype chat itself is a bit of a mess, but very fun. :lol:

Sorry if none of this made sense. :lol:
Oh Phil, there was never a better king of the universe.
Poe
rainbow nerd

Whatevenismyusername wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:I can't wait to give this a listen!

The casual skype calls are generally just random discussions about ourselves, sometimes not even about Deppy. We have went over a few of the topics in the casual call, though, just not too in-depth.

Also just a warning that the skype chat itself is a bit of a mess, but very fun. :lol:

Sorry if none of this made sense. :lol:
The casual skype calls and group chat is pretty much a very big mess and the discussions range very much from well...very...interesting things to very brief mini podcast discussions since we want to keep it fresh for the podcast.
gigs
dank meme

I absolutely loved the podcast! You all did a fantastic job. I actually stayed up a little bit late so that I could listen to it and it was definitely worth it. I'm going to need to relistening to it so that I can discuss all the points you brought up.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

Just listened to the second episode.
I stan all of you, omg, it's amazing and I'm loving the format.
I got so excited when I saw that you guys posted it
backin09
living flop

ahhh the second episode is out??going to listen to it now, i'm so excited!
phamnotof
morning quiff

EPISODE TWO - part 1! (like every franchise ever, apparently... :D)
audiblewaffles.tumblr.com/post/14749450 ... ession-has

EPISODE TWO - TATINOF & US

- what impression has TATINOF left on the fandom?
- we explore the legacy, the myth and the reality
- how differently do people who’ve seen it feel from those who haven’t?

- part one is completely spoiler-free, a spoilery second one to upload on Sunday
- send us questions here or at [email protected]

thank you to summer/lonelytrash for moderating & ablissa, missemma, donna, 000dia000 & kuensukki12 for taking part!
phamnotof
morning quiff

http://audiblewaffles.tumblr.com/post/1 ... 2-spoilers

Episode 2 part 2 of the podcast! TATINOF, this time with all da spoilers.
backin09
living flop

phamnotof wrote:http://audiblewaffles.tumblr.com/post/1 ... 2-spoilers

Episode 2 part 2 of the podcast! TATINOF, this time with all da spoilers.
i'm always so excited when i get a notification, this one was great as always
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

Hi, sorry, this is me, again.
Really enjoyed the last podcast, I've been enjoying this project so much! I have so much fun listening to everyone. I'm so happy this is happening.
phamnotof
morning quiff

http://audiblewaffles.tumblr.com/post/1 ... hannel-how

new episode! the gaming channel this time. we're also already recorded a fanfic one that's coming soon.

next up, we have planned: branding, 2009 vs. 2016 phan, the radio show, phandom & queerness, and fanfic pt. 2
we've got a couple of spots up for claiming in each of those, so if you're interested in one, do check in!