Dan & Phil Astrology Thread

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
bear
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

There was a astrology thread on GG, so I'd thought I'd bring it back for any astrology nerds like me.
Does anyone know 's birth time so I could make a birth chart?
backin09
living flop

According to TABINOF, Dan was born at 6:30 in the morning and Phil was born at 4am
without the internet, we never would have met
bear
hobbit hair

backin2009 wrote:According to TABINOF, Dan was born at 6:30 in the morning and Phil was born at 4am
Thanks
Okay I don't know how to make images work so here are the charts link:
http://www.new-astrology.com/index.php
Dan's rising/ascendent makes a lot of sense if you see his non persona personality in real life he comes across very cancer like. Cancers also are shy at first, and when upset hide in their shell and pinch. (hence 2012)
When you get to know him his star sign (Gemini) makes total sense, because he isn't shy and very talkative and obnoxious.
His moon sign is gemini, but it's super close to Taurus so I think his moon is a Taurus/Gemini cusp, which makes more sense. He likes being in comfortable and stable places, doesn't go all out of the ordinary, doesn't like to party (often) and is very romantic. (hehehe) However he's witty and charming. He talks and thinks a lot, and is quite friendly.
Phil has a Sagittarius rising/ascendent. Here is something from cafe astrology about his ascendent.
"Sagittarius rising people have opinions about everything, and they just love telling others exactly what they are. Not all people with this position are outgoing folk, but they all have a way of moving about that at least exudes a certain level of confidence. Some might even call them naive or overly optimistic. Even the quiet ones don’t shrink from life and from experience."
This makes sense, as Phil is a "quiet one". From what I've seen, he does have a lot of opinions. Is he blunt though? Maybe the angry Phil DMs prove he is? He does seem pretty confident, even though people say he's the "ugly one", and if you first see him you don't really know what he's capable of.
His Aquaruis star sign makes so much sense. Doesn't this (seem to) describe him perfectly off camera?
" Aquarius-born are shy and quiet , but on the other hand they can be eccentric and energetic. However, in both cases, they are deep thinkers and highly intellectual people who love helping others. They are able to see without prejudice, on both sides, which makes them people who can easily solve problems." He also is a very interesting person, and he likes interesting people (he said so himself) which is also a trait of Aquarius people.
Aquaruis moon also makes total sense. He has a very interesting way of thinking and very creative (you can see this especially with his 2009 videos).
Winston
flower crown

Interesting! I used to love astrology! My husband is a cancer through and through and I'm a Leo opposites attract sometimes! I told him he I very much like Dan a lot of the time. (His name is also Dan. Haha) thanks for posting this. Makes me want to delve into it again!
actions speak louder than words
bear
hobbit hair

Winston wrote:Interesting! I used to love astrology! My husband is a cancer through and through and I'm a Leo opposites attract sometimes! I told him he I very much like Dan a lot of the time. (His name is also Dan. Haha) thanks for posting this. Makes me want to delve into it again!
Same, I used to be more into astrology, but I really want to get back into it. And no problem! I find it so interesting how accurate it is. True about opposites attract, I have a lot of gemini and virgo friends and we're not compatible.
Offtopic (I'm not putting a off topic thing because it's still technically on topic): Here is some descriptions of a gemini and aquaruis couple
"Gemini and Aquarius are the couple who have been together for years, but never seem to settle down. These two free spirits understand one another almost perfectly and complement one another in many ways. Gemini and Aquarius compatibility is strong and potentially long lasting too, in an unconventional way.
For this couple, it’s all about the meeting of minds. Mental stimulation is vital for Gemini and Aquarius compatibility depends upon an intellectual match too. They can talk endlessly over wide ranging topics, and they will never run out of conversation with one another."

Sums them up :lol:
"When Gemini and Aquarius engage in an intellectual debate, they are fun for everyone to watch."
Those domestic arguments ammirite ;)
"In conclusion, Gemini needs a partner who doesn’t bore them or make them feel inhibited. When you look at things this way, you could say that there is no better match for them than the fabulous Aquarius"
sassyinamorata
banned

in addition to all the gemini and aquarius talk, I found something really interesting on my dash, (i follow a lot of astrology blogs)
its like deppy's love story pasted on an astrology post

(i dont have a source btw, the person who posted it is inactive and didnt list a source)
bear
hobbit hair

sassyinamorata wrote:in addition to all the gemini and aquarius talk, I found something really interesting on my dash, (i follow a lot of astrology blogs)
its like deppy's love story pasted on an astrology post

(i dont have a source btw, the person who posted it is inactive and didnt list a source)
Oh god this is so accurate. Astrology scares me sometimes.
bear
hobbit hair

Double posting because I can't edit, but here's a interesting quote GreenLight found from GG about their Jupiter signs.
GreenLight wrote:
Poison Ivy wrote:Yeah, Phil has a lot of psychic indications in his chart, especially his 1st house placements! Also, good catch about Phil's descendant! I need to look in his 7th house more. Here is some more stuff I found:

Phil's Jupiter:
Jupiter in Pisces attracts good luck when they are tender, devoted, giving and compassionate. They love to care for those less fortunate than themselves. Helping others fills a need deep within them.

Pisces Jupiter is empathic; they can feel the world's pain. They desire to do all they can to relieve this pain and make it better. They are imaginative and creative; they may express themselves using the arts. They can be very talented with healing arts of all kinds. They are drawn to fantasy and the occult.

Jupiter in Pisces is content to remain behind the scenes to help. They don't seek the spotlight. They are very sensitive, but easy going. They may not be very ambitious. They don't need a lot of material things to be content in life. They may closely follow a religion or mystical practices. They may be prone to being taken advantage of due to their compassionate nature. They like seclusion.

Others like Pisces Jupiter. There is just something about them that strikes a chord with people. They are very kind, caring and idealistic. They make good listeners. They have a talent for connecting with others. They may have psychic abilities as well.

Jupiter in Pisces is good at social work, counseling and ministry work. They may volunteer for organizations that help the homeless or poor. They may not be able to discriminate well between what is good or bad for themselves. They have trouble with consistency. Meditation may help them deal with stressful issues.

In order to attract the most good fortune, Jupiter in Pisces needs to focus their sensitivity in healthy directions. They need to stop listening to the little voice inside that tells them they need to escape.

Dan's Jupiter:

Jupiter in Leo attracts luck when they are generous and inspire others around them. They need to present themselves with dignity and sincerity, and try very hard to not let their ego get in the way. They prosper when they can be creative, such as in the entertainment field, or working with children or recreation.

Jupiter in Leo has strong opinions and beliefs. They can take it personally when others disagree with them. They are good at making their own opportunities and they do best when taking calculated risks confidently. They are drawn to interesting people, and can be quite memorable themselves.

Leo Jupiter must have a way to play. Holidays, romance and celebrations renew their spirit. They may have talents in the arts, drama, teaching or as a community leader. They shine when they are the center of attention, and come across as confident and cultivated. They are optimistic and enjoy a healthy constitution. They love to show off their status and wealth. People trust them.

Leo Jupiter may gamble too much, or be offended if they are not automatically accorded the respect and admiration which they feel they deserve. They can be a bit melodramatic and play to the audience a bit much, but this is why so many people love them. Their charisma brings them good fortune. The enthusiasm they show attracts success and attention wherever they go. Rejection just rolls off of them. They may tend to exaggerate.

Dignified and honest, Jupiter in Leo needs honor and social status to feel self-worth. Social importance means a lot to them. They have a good sense of humor. They are open to exploring new things. They are self-reliant, courageous and full of vitality. On the other hand, they may become extravagant, ostentatious and self-centered. They may make rash judgments. If they don't watch their weight, they may have issues with the heart.
Last edited by jesp on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tags
Violet Witch
dank meme

I love astrology and consider myself to be pretty knowledgable about it, so this is right up my alley :)

Looking at their charts again, Phil's 1st House Venus and Sun trine Midheaven explain why he people love him so much and consider him a "cinnamon roll." People with Venus on the 1st house are well received by people because they are either A.) Very very very attractive or B.) Kind and innocent. His Sun trine his Midheaven (House of Reputation, Fame, and Public Life) means that he shines from his career and positivity. I think he has this trine his Ascendant as well.

Dan is a typical 12th house stellium. His Uranus and Neptune conjunction in the 7th house of Marriage and Partnerships are very interesting to me.
bear
hobbit hair

Violet Witch wrote:I love astrology and consider myself to be pretty knowledgable about it, so this is right up my alley :)

Looking at their charts again, Phil's 1st House Venus and Sun trine Midheaven explain why he people love him so much and consider him a "cinnamon roll." People with Venus on the 1st house are well received by people because they are either A.) Very very very attractive or B.) Kind and innocent. His Sun trine his Midheaven (House of Reputation, Fame, and Public Life) means that he shines from his career and positivity. I think he has this trine his Ascendant as well.

Dan is a typical 12th house stellium. His Uranus and Neptune conjunction in the 7th house of Marriage and Partnerships are very interesting to me.
Astrology is really creepy, it nailed Phil! His house makes a lot of sense for him.
As for Dan, I find his 7th house really intresting as they are kind of I
opposites to each other. Uranus is not emotional enough, while Neptune is very emotional in a relationship (Dan). (I found this about Uranus in the 7th house on southfloridaastrologer.com)
A one-to-one relationship or partnership based on trust and loose boundaries is the only happy relationship with a seventh-house Uranus.

I find this very intresting. I do agree with everything besides I don't think because of dans jealousy and clingyness he would have and like loose boundaries.
This is what it said about Neptune 7th house:
However, a seventh-house Neptune chart holder can offer true compassion in relationships. Real emotion is valued and honored. Feelings are real for these chart holders. They are never discarded as trivial or unnecessary. Rather, these chart holders can provide empathy in relationships and care that is driven by love rather than duty. Seventh-house Neptune people, or people with Pisces on their descendant are often attracted to Pisces-like people who are sensitive and compassionate.
I feel Dan (and Phil) values emotion, as they've both admitted that they are emotional people. Dan is loud with his feelings, and trusts Phil, and Phil trusts Dan so I believe that's true. Dan can see the other side of things and feel for the other person. Even though Dan holds grudges, he hates fighting with Phil and cries and feels terrible if he does. I think they try to end a fight if they have one quickly. Dan cares for other people a lot (he also said he has the gift of healing), so I understand where his Neptune plays. Phil is compassionate, dreamy and I believe sensitive like a Pisces. I think Dan is a bit more Neptune than Uranus.
Violet Witch
dank meme

Uranus in the 7th house values the eccentric and different in their relationships-whether they are personal or professional. These are the people who HAVE to have relationships with people against the norm. Whether it's never getting married, dating younger/older, preferring friendship instead of romance, etc. They value freedom very much and they need someone with Aquarius/1st house Uranus traits.

With Neptune in the 7th, it makes someone very idealistic about love. These are the people who daydream about "the one", and they have a Cinderella complex. But this placement is actually pretty cool because a lot of times they end up with their "twin flame"

Phil is a Neptune in the 1st house which is why he seems like a Pisces, but he also has his Uranus in the 1st, which explains why he dresses the way he does/acts the way he does.

Also, Dan is such a Pluto in the 5th house. 5th house rules creativity, hobbies, and children and Dan very much fits the bill.

I love Astrology so much, I could talk about it all day
Violet Witch
dank meme

Here is a good definition of Pluto in the 5th by South Florida Astrologer
Any creative pursuit is taken seriously when Pluto is found in the fifth house. When the chart holder wants to engage in self-expression, they choose the medium carefully and are sure to display only their best works to the world. Often the chart holder will take self-expression too seriously to enjoy it. Their need to create perfect art can squash their creative spirit. At its best, however, a fifth-house Pluto gives the chart holder a determination and focus which enables them to create outstanding works of creativity. Romantically, these chart holders are hot or cold. If they are interested, the object of their desire will know it and enjoy the tremendous passion of the fifth-house Pluto. If they aren't, Pluto's icy nature shows through quite clearly and the "back off" message is easily understood. Pluto's intense nature also applies to children when Pluto is located in the fifth house. The chart holder takes the idea of parenthood seriously and may purposely delay having children or may have problems in completing a pregnancy. Once children do arrive, Pluto in the fifth house continues to take the job of parenthood seriously and children are a priority in the chart holder's life.
bear
hobbit hair

Violet Witch wrote:Here is a good definition of Pluto in the 5th by South Florida Astrologer
Any creative pursuit is taken seriously when Pluto is found in the fifth house. When the chart holder wants to engage in self-expression, they choose the medium carefully and are sure to display only their best works to the world. Often the chart holder will take self-expression too seriously to enjoy it. Their need to create perfect art can squash their creative spirit. At its best, however, a fifth-house Pluto gives the chart holder a determination and focus which enables them to create outstanding works of creativity. Romantically, these chart holders are hot or cold. If they are interested, the object of their desire will know it and enjoy the tremendous passion of the fifth-house Pluto. If they aren't, Pluto's icy nature shows through quite clearly and the "back off" message is easily understood. Pluto's intense nature also applies to children when Pluto is located in the fifth house. The chart holder takes the idea of parenthood seriously and may purposely delay having children or may have problems in completing a pregnancy. Once children do arrive, Pluto in the fifth house continues to take the job of parenthood seriously and children are a priority in the chart holder's life.
This is very Dan indeed. He is very into self expression and takes the medium. If Dan is interested, he's interested and if he isn't, he isn't. I feel as if he's more hot though.
I agree, I love astrology so much.
Violet Witch
dank meme

Oh, definitely. He is a Leo Venus and Mars after all :D

And he has so much Capricorn in his chart! Coupled with a good amount of Cancer, this shows someone very very nurturing. It's good that he has a lot of earth/water to balance him out.

Phil has a lot of fire in his chart. Who would have known? I mean, he's definitely a Sag rising, but that 4th house Aries Mars is interesting.
bear
hobbit hair

Violet Witch wrote:Oh, definitely. He is a Leo Venus and Mars after all :D

And he has so much Capricorn in his chart! Coupled with a good amount of Cancer, this shows someone very very nurturing. It's good that he has a lot of earth/water to balance him out.

Phil has a lot of fire in his chart. Who would have known? I mean, he's definitely a Sag rising, but that 4th house Aries Mars is interesting.
About 4th house in Mars
To complicate it further, the house inextricably involves family members with whom the relationships are extremely close and even vital.
If Mars takes the need to satisfy its own will too far in the fourth house, the vital relationships with parents and children can be harmed, leaving Mars feeling uncared for and alone.
Intresting...
And his rising fits him perfectly. Not all sag risings are extroverts and unemotional, and he is also very adventurous and friendly.
Dan has a very balanced chart. The element I'd say he's most like is water, as he's emotional and kind and intuitive. He's also very Gemini/air like, logical and likes comfort like earth and fiery and strong and loud like fire. (Sorry if this makes no sense im tired)
jhamba
procrastinator

So, I'm obsessed with astrology and since Dan and Phil decided to drag me back, kicking and screaming into the phandom, I thought I'd revive this thread to analyse their birth charts from my own perspective.

I'm going to restrain myself, and not get into the more controversial analyses I could do (and form incorrect conclusions from, lmao)

So, Dan and Phil are both new moon babies, because they both have sun and moon in the same sign. This means that they don't really have much conflict in terms of their emotional expression and their ideal self expression. This can be a good thing, because they don't question their emotional expression that much, and it can make them powerful, because they tend to just accept emotional outbursts as part of them, and don't feel upset about what it means for their self image. They both also have mercury in the same sign as their sun and moon, which means, communication is extremely important to them, and it's one of the things that they think defines them. This is what makes them youtubers, the need to express their personality through communication.

I was surprised at the lack of planets in their 10th house, but, looking closer, their planets make a lot of aspects to their midheaven, which brings them fame and popularity.

Phil's Moon and Mercury are trine his MC (soft/positive aspect), his Venus, Saturn, and Uranus are sextile his MC (soft/positive aspect), and his Mars is opposite his MC (harsh/negative aspect). This means that he's known for his positive emotional expression and communication, his unique good looks, his strangeness, his discipline and his drive (sometimes negative, he can come across as a wimp at times, even though he isn't, with that Mars in dignity). I think this is fairly accurate for Phil. His MC is in Libra, which means he could come across as a pacifist, good looking, and as a partner. Libra represents partnerships and marriage, and Libra MC people are often associated very strongly with their partner (I am not making this up, lmao).

Dan has Moon and Mercury square his MC (hard/negative aspect), Saturn sextile his MC (soft/positive aspect), and Pluto trine his MC (soft/positive aspect). Moon and Mercury square his MC means that he's known for his emotions and his self expression, but not always in a way that people appreciate him. For example, he's known for his typos, and being a bit of an emotional mess, haha. Saturn sextile his MC can lead to people appreciating his restraint, especially in terms of how he presents himself. Pluto trine his MC is people being obsessed with his reputation. Pluto brings death and obsessiveness, and the "crazy fanbase" thing is very much a Pluto trine MC thing. Also, his need to constantly reinvent his public persona is also very Pluto trine MC. His MC is in Pisces, which means he's known for being extremely sensitive, and compassionate. It's also very easy for people to project themselves on his public persona (his "relatable" personality), because he's extremely good at becoming what people want him to be. Pisces MC can also lead to confusion about what exactly you come across as, especially because Pisces is such a shapeshifter. This can lead to conflict in terms of how honest his public persona really is.

I'll leave it here for now, and I'll probably come back to go a little more in depth on this later, haha.
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda
jhamba
procrastinator

Also, fun fact, Phil's Juno (asteroid of marriage) is conjunct Dan's north node (point of destiny). So, saying that getting married to Phil is Dan's destiny is astrologically accurate. lmao (you could have this aspect with someone and not get married to them. shit happens. But, it's actually very good in synastry if you have something like this)
Just trying to spread the Dangirl agenda