Dan & Phil Part 19: Banging on the breakfast bar

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ironic
lady door

corn flakes wrote:
Idk why but it makes me so happy, I love Hannah's animations, they're a great addition to the original videos. :)
Plus it's always good to be reminded that they keep up with the fandom. It's nice.
If we all just traded in our knives for cakes, the world would be a better place.
000dia000
emo goose

Very
[offtopic]Hi, I was re-watching an old video of Phil's and he mentioned that he was going to publish a zine (small independent magazine) full of thoughts and doodles that was meant to be released "soon" in 2014

@3.12 Does anybody know any details about this? Why do I never seen this mentioned anywhere or any pictures of it?
[/offtopic]
:cactus:
Winston
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

ironic wrote:
corn flakes wrote:
Idk why but it makes me so happy, I love Hannah's animations, they're a great addition to the original videos. :)
Plus it's always good to be reminded that they keep up with the fandom. It's nice.

Yay! That makes me happy. :D sometimes I almost prefer her animations tbh.
actions speak louder than words
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

000dia000 wrote:Very
[offtopic]Hi, I was re-watching an old video of Phil's and he mentioned that he was going to publish a zine (small independent magazine) full of thoughts and doodles that was meant to be released "soon" in 2014

@3.12 Does anybody know any details about this? Why do I never seen this mentioned anywhere or any pictures of it?
[/offtopic]
Dunno why you haven't, 'cause AmaZinePhil does exist. It was released in 2014 and they used to sell it in the Dan and Phil Shop. Type AmazinePhil into Google and you'll probably find pics. :D

Personally not a fan of it, it reminds me of a school project done by a 9 year old :\ (sorry Phil)
Last edited by Catallena on Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Thanks for that lovely image Phil. :lol:
bear
hobbit hair

SquishPhan wrote: Thanks for that lovely image Phil. :lol:
Part of me wants to see it, part of me thinks it would be horrific. But just imagine... :lol:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Catallena wrote:

[/offtopic]
Dunno why you haven't, 'cause AmaZinePhil does exist. It was released in 2014 and they used to sell it in the Dan and Phil Shop. Type AmazinePhil into Google and you'll probably find pics. :D

Personally not a fan of it, it reminds me of a school project done by a 9 year old :\ (sorry Phil)
I bought it since it was £3 and I was worse Philtrash then. It's cute.

So happy to see Dan's tweets and Phil's like of Hannah's video. Her old tweet-doodles were always funny and cute, and the animations distill each video to its core, she makes them so funny. She's pretty sparky herself too when she vlogs, very entertaining.

Two weeks ago I bought a simpler electric toothbrush after looking at the options and I remember wondering what the heck I'd do with an expensive Bluetooth version :sideeye:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

alittledizzy wrote:
Emma, he did specify he watched it in bed in a tweet. Not the first one but a response to someone.
So he doesn't say the word "bed" but I think it's a decent assumption that he wasn't in the lounge area keeping everyone else on the bus up at night when he couldn't sleep.
thanks for that, you know me and my skeptic ways, I'm not one for just assuming. I mean, the door to the bus bedroom may not have been that thick and may have kept the other people on the bus awake too. I'm just playing devils advocate here because I like evidence.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

flarequake wrote:
Catallena wrote:

[/offtopic]

I bought it since it was £3 and I was worse Philtrash then. It's cute.
It's both cute and kinda cringe :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

missemma wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
Emma, he did specify he watched it in bed in a tweet. Not the first one but a response to someone.
So he doesn't say the word "bed" but I think it's a decent assumption that he wasn't in the lounge area keeping everyone else on the bus up at night when he couldn't sleep.
thanks for that, you know me and my skeptic ways, I'm not one for just assuming. I mean, the door to the bus bedroom may not have been that thick and may have kept the other people on the bus awake too. I'm just playing devils advocate here because I like evidence.
I'm thinking like you too, missemma! Didn't want to say anything tho, thanks for bringing it up.
When I saw the tweets my mind didn't go to 'bed' like most people, it's easy for me to imagine it might have happened at the lounge, esp if there weren't many people sleeping on the bus with them, they had so many buses they could easily have the bus for themselves and drake.
Sorry to be such a downer, lol.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LurkingTrash wrote:
missemma wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
I'm thinking like you too, missemma! Didn't want to say anything tho, thanks for bringing it up.
When I saw the tweets my mind didn't go to 'bed' like most people, it's easy for me to imagine it might have happened at the lounge, esp if there weren't many people sleeping on the bus with them, they had so many buses they could easily have the bus for themselves and drake.
We can agree to disagree! :) For me it's just one of those situations where it requires more squinting and over-explaining to no-homo it than to just think they were in the same bed. (But admittedly sometimes I still forget there are people who genuinely think Dan slept in a bunk. I live in a land, lmao.)
Lain
eclipse shirt

alittledizzy wrote: We can agree to disagree! :) For me it's just one of those situations where it requires more squinting and over-explaining to no-homo it than to just think they were in the same bed. (But admittedly sometimes I still forget there are people who genuinely think Dan slept in a bunk. I live in a land, lmao.)
I know Dan claimed to get the bunk in their rock-paper-scissors-off, but has he ever referred to it as a bunk since? I know Phil mentioned the bed in his ls, but has Dan ever referenced the place he slept, even casually? If he has, I'd be curious to know if he called it a bed or a bunk.

Both merch girls have only used the word bunk on Twitter.

I don't know what I'm getting at. >_>
NoOneWantsATortoise
squish

alittledizzy wrote: We can agree to disagree! :) For me it's just one of those situations where it requires more squinting and over-explaining to no-homo it than to just think they were in the same bed. (But admittedly sometimes I still forget there are people who genuinely think Dan slept in a bunk. I live in a land, lmao.)
^this, it was such a thing that Phil got the room with the tv (we get it guys, we get it...Phil won the room and only Phil)...so why would he even leave that tv to watch on the other tv when he could just watch his own in an enclosed space without probably stumbling lbr walking through the bunk area. And since we know that the only other person who we speculate might have been potentially disturbed by his room's tv, also happened to watch the same show well...
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

I'm also rather unconvinced. Maybe Phil watched Bates motel on his own when he couldn't sleep and then convinced Dan to do the same
There just seems like there are a lot of possible scenarios.
majitzu
angel bean

Nah they enjoy so much watching animes together, going to see a movie together, watching tv shows together. I'm sure they watched this together too. Because they are disgusting like that
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

spaceguitar wrote:I'm also rather unconvinced. Maybe Phil watched Bates motel on his own when he couldn't sleep and then convinced Dan to do the same
There just seems like there are a lot of possible scenarios.
There's a difference in possible scenarios and likely scenarios. As majitzu said, they watch basically everything else together, confirmed and by their own admission. Dan's phrasing repeatedly uses includes Phil ("The two animes me and Phil watched while we were away" and "We watched Game of Thrones and Bates Motel"). It's much more far fetched imo to think that this one show is the one show they chose to watch apart even though they watched it while traveling and constantly in close quarters. Possible, sure, lots of things in this world are possible. Just not likely given these two people and what we know of how their normal patterns of behavior.
DryCereal
koi pond

I have one of those bluetooth toothbrushes. (Massively reduced price in January sales! - screw paying £70-200 for a sodding toothbrush!) Pretty much all the app does is keep track of when and for how long you brushed for... Who needs that?! :?
Trigger Warning :
Pancakes
oh nooooo.... the obsession is obviously contagious...!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

LurkingTrash wrote: I'm thinking like you too, missemma! Didn't want to say anything tho, thanks for bringing it up.
Don't apologise, it's good to have a range of opinions, I don't see our view as a downer at all. I think for me, I just like to have actual evidence of things as it can be extremely easy to take things out of context when it comes to phan.
Previously people thought that they had the whole bus to themselves (I was never convinced of that and I always thought drake and the two management girls were deffo on the bus at least) but now because of this idea that they watched the show together they couldn't have watched it in the lounge as it might have kept the whole bus awake. How do we know that the whole bus didn't watch it together in the lounge, we don't know that because we don't know anything about the other people on the bus. We also know D&P are good at telling little lies to keep us entertained - probably the biggest reason I'm a skeptic when it comes to them.
Never apologise for having a differing opinion to others, like I already said its good to have a range of ideas as it makes for interesting discussions

Also the other thing that caught my attention, I take it they used Netflix or CrunchyRoll to stream these tv series? As far as I'm aware there isn't an offline service for these? I thought the wifi was awful on the bus and that's why we didn't get any liveshows. Surely you need fairly good internet to stream a tv series? The only reason I bring that up is because I do believe they watched it on the bus (& together) but that makes me kinda salty that they used the excuse of lack of wifi for no videos and liveshows.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
sweetmm
angel bean

emma I remembered when it comes to GoT they were watching it on TV channel in their hotel room, not sure though if they did that every week.
ducksss
phillion/danosaur <//3

So I just joined but never posted because the threads move so quickly and I always find that someone has already expressed my toughts better that me

Anyway, a bit off topic but one of you posted this snip from a Dan liveshow I've never seen before
felucca wrote:
I have always had the non-religious vibe from him, but I had never seen anything on the subject so I guess thank you :D religion is almost always a risky topic to talk about, so obviously there isn't much stuff about it.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

On the one hand I'm also not convinced Phil saying he watched Bates Motel when he couldn't sleep is proof of anything. He could have just meant he watched it late like getting back on the bus after shows and rather then going to bed watching several episodes. And even if it was in his actual bed late at night it doesn't mean Dan was sleeping there, if Dan was awake too (which isn't a stretch for Dan) maybe he was coming in to watch with him. Them watching TV on Phil's bed isn't a weird concept to me anyway but it's particularly not when they are living on a bus with limited space.

But on the other hand I don't buy the foundation this arguments built on because I don't really believe that Phil seriously slept in a double bed in his private room for nine weeks while Dan squeezed himself into a bunk (probably surrounded by other sleeping tour members) night after night. And if we are seriously supposed to have been the deal I also find it hard to buy Dan hasn't complained (loudly) about this arrangement yet.
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

They probably did watch it on the double bed together. That is not proof at all to me. If none of the other people on their bus wanted to watch it and wanted to watch it together without headphones, it would make sense to me to go watch it in the bedroom on the bed anyway regardless of the time of day. Both of them probably couldn't sleep much on the tour bus so they probably stayed up late watching Bates Motel/Anime.
SquishPhan wrote: Thanks for that lovely image Phil. :lol:
#spon
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
sunday
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

alittledizzy wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote:
missemma wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
We can agree to disagree! :) For me it's just one of those situations where it requires more squinting and over-explaining to no-homo it than to just think they were in the same bed. (But admittedly sometimes I still forget there are people who genuinely think Dan slept in a bunk. I live in a land, lmao.)
Sorry to butt in lmao but this whole #bedgate thing is so weird to me?? Like I go back and forth between whether or not phan is real but in situations like this I'm just like :? this is just not 'proof' of phan or even anything romantic/exciting at all? It's interesting that a lot of people are saying it's either:

1. They didn't watch it in bed together.
2. They did watch it in bed together = phan proof/something to be excited over.

I've watched so many movies in bed with friends and it was totally platonic. Why would it be phan proof if they watched it in bed together? Why is there no third option: they did watch it in bed together, and it was platonic? I'm like ya, they prob did watch it in bed together on the tour bus, they spent hours on the goddamn thing together so its v likely they watched it together. But that doesn't mean it was a romantic thing?
They could've been chilling like this:
This can be extended to the whole issue of where Dan slept too. I think it's very possible that they shared a bed at some point. I do not though, think that would be phan proof. The problem with dan and phil is that a lot of things that romantic couples do, are also things that very very close friends do. So often situations that are perceived by phan believers as being romantic are just as easily perceived as being platonic to me, personally, and I think people get worked up over nothing?

I don't mean to offend anyone and I'm not targeting anyone in particular! I'm just surprised haha. This is just not something I get excited over and the reaction baffles me but I love all of y'all here at IDB and enjoy reading your discussions. I need the phan believers to drag me into the phan-believing-trashcan with you. Just praying for some stronger evidence :lol:
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

Slighty off topic:

Pokemon Go is now officially out in the UK. So there is more hope for a Pokemon Go DAPG. I am waiting for a tweet from Dan but they are probably still asleep!
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
Poe
rainbow nerd

Sunday wrote:1. They didn't watch it in bed together.
2. They did watch it in bed together = phan proof/something to be excited over.
Sorry but who ever said that we consider this phan proof? :roll:

Yes we get excited over it but not because it's "phan proof" but because it's "proof" they slept in the same bed, meaning that another theory from a few threads back (#bedgate) turned out to be actually true. Moreover, leaving the bed theory aside this is also "proof" that even if Dan has a "slip-up" (or is giving us some hints with it) they don't exactly care enough about this to address it so they leave it be.

Compared to a few years back, like 2014 when both Dan and Phil were shitting all over the place because of the Japhan #bedgate or even worse 2012 when they wouldn't admit to breathing the same air, I see this as a reason to get excited for. It clearly shows some growth in both of them and that they are starting to be more comfortable with their audience and fans.

edit: Sorry if this came out aggressive or anything that was totally not my intention