Dan & Phil Part 19: Banging on the breakfast bar

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fancybum
senpai

LurkingTrash wrote: Now I have to research who this Adrian Bliss is, haven't I? I've seen a few of you and a lot of youtubers talking about him, taking a look at his channel hes a vlogger? I need to find some time to watch a few but idk.
[offtopic]Yes! He's parodying vloggers.
Start here with Vlogvember Day 1 (it's only a minute long!):

The whole thing was a hilarious and ultimately touching masterpiece. Start with that and move onto Vlune (US roadtrip!) - edit: they need to be watched in order, there's plot!
And don't forget to have fun during the day.[/offtopic]
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

uglyamerican wrote:
swofro wrote: -I actually like Dan's tee, it looks kinda cool. Lol...

Overall, cute little video with 7 second of black frame at the end. What is that?
I like the base color of the T, not so much the design - but just about anything not black gives me hope....

I haven't watched Phil's vid yet (I am about to watch it as I transition from my sofa crease (watching "Eddie the Eagle" (3/5 stars)) to bed - is the 7 seconds of black somehow a cheeky reference to a 7SC?
did you guys catch the boop?
cute!
fancybum wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote: Now I have to research who this Adrian Bliss is, haven't I? I've seen a few of you and a lot of youtubers talking about him, taking a look at his channel hes a vlogger? I need to find some time to watch a few but idk.
[offtopic]Yes! He's parodying vloggers.
Start here with Vlogvember Day 1 (it's only a minute long!):
The whole thing was a hilarious and ultimately touching masterpiece. Start with that and move onto Vlune (US roadtrip!) - edit: they need to be watched in order, there's plot!
And don't forget to have fun during the day.[/offtopic]
ahhh I get it now, I'll watch it soon. Thanks for the info!
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

LurkingTrash wrote:
uglyamerican wrote:

Overall, cute little video with 7 second of black frame at the end. What is that?
I like the base color of the T, not so much the design - but just about anything not black gives me hope....

I haven't watched Phil's vid yet (I am about to watch it as I transition from my sofa crease (watching "Eddie the Eagle" (3/5 stars)) to bed - is the 7 seconds of black somehow a cheeky reference to a 7SC?
cute!
I'm undoubtedly thinking too much on this, but is it possible that there could be some hint of truth to the theory that making a video that's X long will get more $$/better audience/something like that?
... Or did he just want to be silly and add a long pause with a boop
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
danphil333
hobbit hair

Winston wrote:
eevee wrote:
The little skit in bed between the two Phils, as cute as Phil looked, just seemed a little off to me idk a little off brand for AP anyone feel me? It's not really that I didn't enjoy it it just felt different somehow.
I thought so too. That part reminded me of a DINOF video more than an AP video. Phil normally plays other weird people instead of himself, where Dan a lot of the time will play himself in situations. Maybe Dan has rubbed off on Phil a little more than we think. (and yes that can be taken as a double entendre, your welcome. ;) )
i agrre with Catallena. The skit seemed a little off to me too but i dont think thats the reason. Whenever phil does skits in his videos he plays both himself and the other person(optician horror story, phil in the club). He just couldnt "play" the bird in this story. Dan's skits are more "polished" and overly scripted. Still dont know why it felt weird . Maybe because it wasnt as funny as i would expect from phil. Those forced, failed jokes do remind me of dinof though ;)
Catallena wrote:Phil's 'skit' didn't feel that DINOF-like to me tbh He's done it before. I know in his old sleepwalking video there was a bit where he walks into Dan's room with a knife in his hand. There are probably other examples too.
sabrina wrote:
danphil333 wrote: why was dan there? i dont understand? :confused: i was expecting something to happen.
"come see our show, TOUR, Australian tour, Buy tickets" or
"there is new merch over on d&pshop.com, lol buy some merch".

it was just for that ugly ass hat :D
anyone else felt like phil was also disappointed with the hat? just me?
I know I was like oh god some more sweet promo. But nope. I totally agree, Dan seemed like he really wanted Phil to like it and Phil was like uh...
Well, I mean... that was obviously the joke?
i dont mean the obvious joke and phil looking at the camera disappointed. Dan wanted phil to like his "joke" but phil thought it was such a lame joke it wasnt even worth joking about it.
LurkingTrash wrote: did you guys catch the boop?
cute!
awww i didnt actually. thanks.
i noticed a couple of editing mistakes. Not something i am used seeing from phil really. Dont people say dan helps edit phils videos? I blame dan for those too :lol:
Last edited by danphil333 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

pixlexia wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote:
uglyamerican wrote:

cute!
I'm undoubtedly thinking too much on this, but is it possible that there could be some hint of truth to the theory that making a video that's X long will get more $$/better audience/something like that?
I think 7 seconds wouldn't make a difference. I know that videos that are 10 minutes long generate more revenue (compared to 5min long), I was thinking more like a error editing or transferring the file (I've seen a few times a video with a black screen at the end, most recently a tyler oakley? one) and instead of cutting it when he noticed he just added the boop, idk if to be cute or just bc cutting it was too much work.
Does anyone has any experience with these video editing programs that might help confirm/refute my theory?
swofro
angel bean

LurkingTrash wrote:
pixlexia wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote:
uglyamerican wrote:

cute!
I think 7 seconds wouldn't make a difference. I know that videos that are 10 minutes long generate more revenue (compared to 5min long), I was thinking more like a error editing or transferring the file (I've seen a few times a video with a black screen at the end, most recently a tyler oakley? one) and instead of cutting it when he noticed he just added the boop, idk if to be cute or just bc cutting it was too much work.
Does anyone has any experience with these video editing programs that might help confirm/refute my theory?
I didn't catch the boop the first time (or the second time. Does it shows up on mobile?)

EDIT: confirmed it doesn't show up on mobile. How could you do this to me, philip. :( but it looks cute nonetheless.

I do expect some sort of joke at the end because Phil does that sometimes but nothing shows up for me then so that's why I thought it's 7 second of mistake. And he edited it in after it is uploaded(?)
Love is forever
LurkingTrash
woodland creature

swofro wrote: I didn't catch the boop the first time (or the second time. Does it shows up on mobile?)

EDIT: confirmed it doesn't show up on mobile. How could you do this to me, philip. :( but it looks cute nonetheless.

I do expect some sort of joke at the end because Phil does that sometimes but nothing shows up for me then so that's why I thought it's 7 second of mistake. And he edited it in after it is uploaded(?)
It's an annotation! I thought it was edited in at first.
Guess it really was a mistake. Sorry for the mobile users, lol.
trashqueen
ar·tic·u·late

LurkingTrash wrote: Does anyone has any experience with these video editing programs that might help confirm/refute my theory?
i use premiere instead of final cut but that happens to me sometimes when i'm too lazy to mark the start and the end of a video before exporting it (aka leaving the program to figure out on it's own what exactly do i want to export), usually it turns out okay, but it if you have a random clip/title/music/anything further down the timeline that you never used and forgot about it's gonna screw up and you're gonna get an awkward pause and a random clip (that might be just more black screen if the clip was an unused title card) at the end

it can also happen if you mark the start and the end but you fuck it up and leave a blank space at the end, easy to do if you don't zoom in on the timeline

so yeah it's an easy mistake to make, he probs was too lazy to export it again (or didn't watch it before posting it?)

aaaaanyway, since we're talking editing, does anyone know why most youtubers prefer using final cut over premiere? i've never used final cut because i'm too poor to own a macbook but from what i researched it's more basic and allows you to do less than premiere, obviously you don't need to do super complex stuff to edit a vlog, and apparently final cut is also easier to use, but still if my job was editing videos i would try to use the more professional program? idk
Dan Howell wrote:'[someone] just sent me a message saying 'Phil'..... same'
human
dan hand trash

daphenaxa wrote:what a dull insipid video. Even for Phil's recent anecdotes video this is a new low. That pigeon story and plant's review was even duller than that horrible video about dolls watching him sleep.

His forced fake cheerfulness and those things he says every videos like a joke about the queen, showing he is cute-clumpsy, joking about Canadian accent or the "sorry I got a bit too excited"... are getting on my nerves.
The only moment he appeared actually sincere were when he was hugging his plant in the corridor and when he watched Dan proudly showing his cap for the 100th time.
Hahaha reading back and this was literally my opinion too. I know it's an opinion, I don't really mean it's bad but the video just didn't interest me. 6 minutes also. Eh. I find videos like this so rushed and just made for the sake of updating with something so I won't rewatch.

I think having them both in it saved it a little bit and made it funnier but as much as I love them together, getting to the point where either of their individual content needs the other to save it is a bit extreme. But because I prefer their joint content, I can't complain about that at least. It should just ring alarm bells for them about the direction their channels are going maybe.
Bassoonage
drama llama

trashqueen wrote:
LurkingTrash wrote: Does anyone has any experience with these video editing programs that might help confirm/refute my theory?
i use premiere instead of final cut but that happens to me sometimes when i'm too lazy to mark the start and the end of a video before exporting it (aka leaving the program to figure out on it's own what exactly do i want to export), usually it turns out okay, but it if you have a random clip/title/music/anything further down the timeline that you never used and forgot about it's gonna screw up and you're gonna get an awkward pause and a random clip (that might be just more black screen if the clip was an unused title card) at the end

it can also happen if you mark the start and the end but you fuck it up and leave a blank space at the end, easy to do if you don't zoom in on the timeline

so yeah it's an easy mistake to make, he probs was too lazy to export it again (or didn't watch it before posting it?)

aaaaanyway, since we're talking editing, does anyone know why most youtubers prefer using final cut over premiere? i've never used final cut because i'm too poor to own a macbook but from what i researched it's more basic and allows you to do less than premiere, obviously you don't need to do super complex stuff to edit a vlog, and apparently final cut is also easier to use, but still if my job was editing videos i would try to use the more professional program? idk

Ooohhhhh something I can finally chime in about. So I went to a conservatory for college and grad school work and most musicians primarily use macs. We take classes on video and sound editing and for video we use Final Cut. I've always wondered about you tubers using it because from my experience it isn't that in depth and is super user friendly. I mean I don't get when people say it takes days to edit a video

I've tried using other programs like Premier and found them way harder and more in depth. I am
Assuming most youtubers use Final Cut because it's pretty easy to learn how to mess around on it and you don't NEED to take a class to learn the ins and outs. I took a class and some people in the class made like a 15 minute video in one day. I imagine if you're trying to teach yourself or learning from others who use this program it would be easier to a) have the program everyone else is using and b) use the most user friendly version.

I think it's mainly an ease thing.
kay
phabergé

trashqueen wrote: aaaaanyway, since we're talking editing, does anyone know why most youtubers prefer using final cut over premiere? i've never used final cut because i'm too poor to own a macbook but from what i researched it's more basic and allows you to do less than premiere, obviously you don't need to do super complex stuff to edit a vlog, and apparently final cut is also easier to use, but still if my job was editing videos i would try to use the more professional program? idk
I think it might all come down to what someone learned on. Premiere and Final Cut are really similar in what they accomplish, it's just different platforms to do it on. I wouldn't say one has more/less features than the other or is easier/harder to use.

The only time I'd think it matters if a YTer is using Premiere over FCP is if they're doing complex video compositing or visual effects because Premiere can talk directly to After Effects (and Photoshop) since they're all in the same suite. AE is usable with FCP but I guess there's some kind of third party workaround software that has to be used (I'm not too versed with AE so tbh I don't know). But if they're doing simple editing, either should work fine.

Honestly FCP is made by Apple so if the YTer is buying a Mac then perhaps they also got upsold a copy of it in the Apple Store :|
Bassoonage
drama llama

achika wrote:
trashqueen wrote: aaaaanyway, since we're talking editing, does anyone know why most youtubers prefer using final cut over premiere? i've never used final cut because i'm too poor to own a macbook but from what i researched it's more basic and allows you to do less than premiere, obviously you don't need to do super complex stuff to edit a vlog, and apparently final cut is also easier to use, but still if my job was editing videos i would try to use the more professional program? idk
I think it might all come down to what someone learned on. Premiere and Final Cut are really similar in what they accomplish, it's just different platforms to do it on. I wouldn't say one has more/less features than the other or is easier/harder to use.

The only time I'd think it matters if a YTer is using Premiere over FCP is if they're doing complex video compositing or visual effects because Premiere can talk directly to After Effects (and Photoshop) since they're all in the same suite. AE is usable with FCP but I guess there's some kind of third party workaround software that has to be used (I'm not too versed with AE so tbh I don't know). But if they're doing simple editing, either should work fine.

Honestly FCP is made by Apple so if the YTer is buying a Mac then perhaps they also got upsold a copy of it in the Apple Store :|
Thank you for saying more eloquently what I was trying to say. They are both good for basic editing. If you're doing some crazy shit it's easier with Premier, but I think Final Cut is easier to just get around on. Of course this is all personal preference as well.
pixlexia
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

LurkingTrash wrote:
swofro wrote: I didn't catch the boop the first time (or the second time. Does it shows up on mobile?)

It's an annotation! I thought it was edited in at first.
Guess it really was a mistake. Sorry for the mobile users, lol.
Whoops, same thing. I was going to say, it's a lot more work to go back and edit text within a video rather than just chop off the accidental blank space at the end. Confirm I was thinking too hard. :lol:

(I've had the accidental--blank-end-footage happen to me before, and I see it happen to a lot of other Youtubers as well. I'm surprised they wouldn't just go chop it and export it again, though, but perhaps the export time takes too long and people are lazy.)
(insert a funny quote from the forum here)
vincentian
hobbit hair

The content of the new Phil's video was a little disappointing for me, but he promised a video about houseplants, he delivered a video about houseplants, what else did I expect? :lol: At least it was a nice surprise. Agree with those, who said that the bit filmed in the hallway is the best.
I wouldn't be surprised if got that hat in other circumstances and just played out this little scene to justify Dan being in the video/to please viewers. Maybe I'm missing something, but if the hat is light up, why didn't they try out that feature?
LurkingTrash wrote: did you guys catch the boop?
cute!
Really late to comment on Michael Aranda's video, but those 2 minutes entertained me even more than 24 minutes of latest gaming video and AP video combined, and brought all the feels back. I appreciate that even though D&P looked like they wanted to be left alone and have a break, they were super nice and ready to perform for the vlog. Their manager seemed sweet and isn't she all of us when we catch a glimpse of couply D&P in a vlog:
wtfamidoinghere
lady door

Hm, i feel like as much as their recent liveshows made me remember how much i like them, this new video made me remeber how much i don't like AP. It feels so overacted in a cutesy way that bothers me, which is a shame, because underneath that i really liked the video. There were lots of times when i recognized a moment would be funny if it weren't overshadowed by it's delivery.

Now i'm worried about the upcoming dinof video. He has the same problem with overacting IMO, though i can stomach his way better than the way Phil does it.
I got kind of excited when i read some of you speculate it could maaaybe be the roast yourself challenge, but then i got anxious. Those videos are only funny if the youtubers get real and there is so much in his life (and by that i mean related to phan) that i can't imagine him ever publicly saying.

Agree that if they sleep in seperate rooms, phil would expect the noise to be dan. i usually don't agree with most phan poof, but this is different. Sleeping in the same bed when you have your own in the other room would be a bit of proof for me, or maybe i'm getting something wrong because i would never share my bed if i didn't have to. It could be more normal for them. Maybe they were just watching a movie and fell asleep, who knows

And picking up an old topic: Dan really sounded like they were adding another date (or more) to the australien tour. Assuming the new date(s) would be part of the planned tour and not a continuation a bit later (because that would be even weirder), there will barely be any time between the announcement of the new dates and the actual shows.
Because adding new dates so late has been working so great for them. Don't they ever learn?
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

uglyamerican wrote:
eevee wrote:
I hope Dan realizes that shit shot was not random - it was aimed, and they were lucky to get away unsplat-turd. (Sorry, had to.) And no more Drake to dive in and take one for the team.

Anyway, birds are evil. I was lying out on a beach by myself - no one else was around at all - and I got shat on square in the chest. I swear the seagull's caw was actually laughter as it flew away...
I'm so sorry, the mental image of that made me laugh out loud. I agree that birds are Satan, though. A swan bit me in the foot once. Never 4get.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
fancybum
senpai

:shock:
I'm not putting this in off-topic or the other YTers thread because... awkward... I know all fandoms have some aspect of this intrusiveness when it comes to the lives of the people they gather around (ok, maybe not all), but who specifically could he be talking about? What brought this up in his mind and bothered him enough to put it on tumblr? I don't think he could be talking about himself because, for anybody who doesn't follow him, he's fairly open about his sexuality ("straight, but open") and the possibility of him being into guys. He's also quite open about how single he is.
He also posted this:
So maybe he was just focusing on one aspect of a larger rumination on fandom culture in general. I'm not really involved in other 'fandoms' to this extent, though I'm aware of the shipping of some musicians, and Drew is into music, so maybe that's what he's thinking of... But really?? With all the Dan/Phil avatars in his Twitter replies (and literally everywhere else on the internet) I can only connect the dots back to them.

Anyway, about his point. I can't disagree with it. Outing people is awful, that goes without saying, or it should. I guess we like to think it's a fine line between outing and simply satisfying our own harmless (to us) curiosity. We're not hounding them, we're not @ing them (well, some of us aren't :roll: ) with dumb intrusive shit. We think it's all totally fine because we keep the info amongst ourselves as if all of these discussions don't happen in completely public and accessible spaces online where anybody, including them, can see. And it's a joke anyway! We're joking, we love them and support them, so it's all fine anyway, right? Everything is fine because it comes from a good place, right? I'm part of the problem, and it's a weird place to be, I can't even justify it. 'Waah I wanna know!' just isn't good enough.
Anyway, shout out to Drew for my minor breakdown this lovely AM. Yay.

(edit - Drew Monson's tumblr for people who don't even know who the hell I'm talking about lol whoops)
DryCereal
koi pond

Seems I watched a different video to most of you guys last night and this morning.
Last edited by DryCereal on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
mysterylovescompany
morning quiff

wtfamidoinghere wrote:And picking up an old topic: Dan really sounded like they were adding another date (or more) to the australien tour. Assuming the new date(s) would be part of the planned tour and not a continuation a bit later (because that would be even weirder), there will barely be any time between the announcement of the new dates and the actual shows.
Because adding new dates so late has been working so great for them. Don't they ever learn?
The Nice Events (Australian tatinof producers) page on fb hinted about possible added dates for Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, so I wasn't surprised when Dan winked in the ls when someone wanted another Sydney show. However, it's been over a week since that post and they still haven't said anything.

I have tickets, so I'm mostly apathetic. But others might be interested. Here's the Nice Events post for reference.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1098428 ... 0692418249
eevee
emo goose

fancybum wrote:
I'm not putting this in off-topic or the other YTers thread because... awkward... I know all fandoms have some aspect of this intrusiveness when it comes to the lives of the people they gather around (ok, maybe not all), but who specifically could he be talking about? What brought this up in his mind and bothered him enough to put it on tumblr? I don't think he could be talking about himself because, for anybody who doesn't follow him, he's fairly open about his sexuality ("straight, but open") and the possibility of him being into guys. He's also quite open about how single he is.
He also posted this:
So maybe he was just focusing on one aspect of a larger rumination on fandom culture in general. I'm not really involved in other 'fandoms' to this extent, though I'm aware of the shipping of some musicians, and Drew is into music, so maybe that's what he's thinking of... But really?? With all the Dan/Phil avatars in his Twitter replies (and literally everywhere else on the internet) I can only connect the dots back to them.

Anyway, about his point. I can't disagree with it. Outing people is awful, that goes without saying, or it should. I guess we like to think it's a fine line between outing and simply satisfying our own harmless (to us) curiosity. We're not hounding them, we're not @ing them (well, some of us aren't :roll: ) with dumb intrusive shit. We think it's all totally fine because we keep the info amongst ourselves as if all of these discussions don't happen in completely public and accessible spaces online where anybody, including them, can see. And it's a joke anyway! We're joking, we love them and support them, so it's all fine anyway, right? Everything is fine because it comes from a good place, right? I'm part of the problem, and it's a weird place to be, I can't even justify it. 'Waah I wanna know!' just isn't good enough.

(edit - Drew Monson's tumblr for people who don't even know who the hell I'm talking about lol whoops)
Wow...I don't see who else he could be talking about either. Got a little too much time on your hands, Drew? snooping around on Dan and Phil forums/tumblrs?

This post, if it is about Dan and Phil though, would require a comprehensive understanding of their past to come to the conclusion that they are indeed in the closet. So if this is about Dan and Phil, Drew must've looked at the 2009 stuff enough to come to the conclusion that Dan and Phil are together. If Drew didn't really know much about D&P why would he assume that they're in the closet right away and feel that strongly about it?

I think it's disrespectful to @ mention dan and phil in sexual fanart/fanfiction/speculation. By all means. Do I think it's disrespectful to speculate? Well, is it disrespectful to take a picture of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston on the beach holding hands and post it in a magazine the next day with the headline "NEW LOVER"? Maybe it is. But it's what celebrities have to deal with. It's part of being a celebrity. And it's not going to stop. It's media. It's gossip. People eat it up. And youtubers are no different. They put their lives out there, and they become somewhat like a celebrity, whether you like to admit it or not. So gossip and speculation comes with that. I don't think it's disrespectful or wrong is we keep it to ourselves. In a way, I think it's to be expected once you get lots of followers. So yes, I do think it's okay that we're speculating. Is it okay when a reporter asks them if they're dating? Not at ALL. I don't think it's okay to shove the ship in Dan and Phil's faces. But I think it's okay to do it on a small corner of the internet that doesn't @ mention them or otherwise get their attention.

I hope this made sense.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Lain
eclipse shirt

eevee wrote:
fancybum wrote:
He also posted this:

This post, if it is about Dan and Phil though, would require a comprehensive understanding of their past to come to the conclusion that they are indeed in the closet. So if this is about Dan and Phil, Drew must've looked at the 2009 stuff enough to come to the conclusion that Dan and Phil are together. If Drew didn't really know much about D&P why would he assume that they're in the closet right away and feel that strongly about it?
The way it's worded indicates to me that Drew likely has knowledge (and is not just making assumptions) of said person(s) sexuality.

"while said person(s) are still closeted."

I'm not familiar with Drew Monson, fancybum. Is he, or was he at some point, close to Deppy?
eevee
emo goose

Lain wrote: The way it's worded indicates to me that Drew likely has knowledge (and is not just making assumptions) of said person(s) sexuality.

I'm not familiar with Drew Monson, fancybum. Is he, or was he at some point, close to Deppy?
To my knowledge he has never met Deppy in a way that we would know about. He's in the scene with Shane Dawson and Trisha Paytas. I don't even think he was at vidcon.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
fancybum
senpai

No he's not close to them, I doubt he's ever met them. He's Shane Dawson's friend (don't take that as a strike against him though please, he's a very interesting and compassionate individual on his own) and is based in LA. I didn't even mean that he fell down the rabbit hole and needed to Make A Statement after finding out anything. Every YTer on the planet knows that D&P are 'shipped' hardcore and can maybe tell with even a passing glance that they don't really share their private lives, and like the rest of us, it could make them wonder.

I don't think he needs to have any 'insider info' to feel the way he does, or say what he said, that's not what I was intending. (Although if Shane knows or suspects anything, it's possible they've discussed it).

edit: Dan and Phil both follow him on Twitter (and vice versa I think) because he's generally very funny, think of a younger (more neurotic) and American crabstickz
Last edited by fancybum on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coffee pig
woodland creature
Pronouns: ''ugh, her again''

fancybum wrote:Image
He also posted this:

I definitely think that Drew is talking about YouTube culture in general here and not just . Obviously this heavily applies to them because they are so popular, but it's pretty common to see people with Dodie or Chris's picture as their Twitter profile picture and to speculate about YouTuber's sexualities. I don't know how involved y'all are with YouTube fandom in general but guessing who isn't straight in the YouTube community is a pastime for some people. People did the same ''guessing game'' thing for years with Shane, who Drew is close friends with.
I admit to being a little guilty of this, but like other people have already said I don't think that there's anything harmful in it. Especially because it's mostly speculation by LGBT people who are wondering if people are like them or nah, there's no malicious intent behind it.
{ bisexual Philophile and respectful stalker since 2008 }
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop

fancybum wrote:
He also posted this:

The first tumblr post is definitely about . Outing people is wrong but shipping is just a thing people do. As long as you don't shove it in their faces, what is wrong with speculation and discussion. Shipping/fanfiction/speculation has been a thing for years even before the times of twitter/tumblr when I had to use the likes of like of livejournal/fanficition.net to get my shipping needs out. It is just easier to talk about it now.

The second tumblr post really annoyed me. Not everyone is comfortable with posting who they are online. (For a lot of reasons) They want to still contribute with the community so the easiest way is to use a picture from their fandom and use that as their icon. I don't understand why people think this is a problem. I just treat them exactly the same on twitter if they have their own personal photo or a photo of D&P. It is not like you are pretending to be D&P, you just prefer some anonymity online and I completely respect that! :platonic: :platonic:
eevee wrote:
Lain wrote: The way it's worded indicates to me that Drew likely has knowledge (and is not just making assumptions) of said person(s) sexuality.

To my knowledge he has never met Deppy in a way that we would know about. He's in the scene with Shane Dawson and Trisha Paytas. I don't even think he was at vidcon.
Never heard of him at all! I just googled him and It still do not know who he is.
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015