Dan & Phil Part 19: Banging on the breakfast bar

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kinemacolor
crusty sponge

i was talking to a girl on tumblr about the book and we were wondering what the chances are of it being (at least in part) ghost written :? their schedule has been so demanding (by the looks of it; prove me wrong) i don't see how they squeezed in the time to write another hefty thing... idk
majitzu
angel bean

kinemacolor wrote:i was talking to a girl on tumblr about the book and we were wondering what the chances are of it being (at least in part) ghost written :? their schedule has been so demanding (by the looks of it; prove me wrong) i don't see how they squeezed in the time to write another hefty thing... idk
They are control freaks, 100% is not ghost written.
fancybum
senpai

kinemacolor wrote:i was talking to a girl on tumblr about the book and we were wondering what the chances are of it being (at least in part) ghost written :? their schedule has been so demanding (by the looks of it; prove me wrong) i don't see how they squeezed in the time to write another hefty thing... idk
I don't think that's something we need to worry about, they're control freaks to the absolute max, no way would they let something else control the narrative of the biggest thing they've done in their lives (as Dan said in his liveshow). If it really is basically a tour diary type of thing, they're a couple of sentimental guys, they'd want to write it out themselves.

edit: majitzu said it better and more succinctly :lol: but yeah
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

I doubt it. They are control freaks. And besides, they don't upload videos regularly unlike other yters. :sideeye:
bluewho
truth bomb
Pronouns: she/her

I agree. I also think they would avoid it because of what happened to Zoella over ghostwriting.
blueapple_x
flower crown

~Slightly Controversial~ Opinion Alert: Although the novelty of the first tabinof was cool, the book in itself wasn't too exciting for me. 93.33% of the book contained things we already knew/heard about.

I think this second book may actually be a bit more exciting solely because it will likely feature unheard stories and unseen pictures. However, I will say that I would've preferred all this stuff in a video format (even if that meant having to pay for it) so we could see their reactions instead of reading it (or hearing it when they inevitably do an audiobook for it too). I'm not angry at them for the second book. It was inevitable and they're smart business people for doing it this way
RachelPhan
delia smith

You all move so fast so all this is probably off topic by now lol

Book
i want it, cos hopefully that means a book tour and I am all about that meet and greet life,I'm British I love me a good reason to queue
Phils Jacket
Its Topman (obvs) but they only have xxs in stock, which I am most def not so I am v upset right now, I don't even care that I'm a girl I neeeeed it!
Pokemon Go
i live in a small village next to a common so I am drowning in Pidgeys Rattats and (as I call them) Pewdiepies (thinks they are actually weedles and Caterpies) I want an Ekans as that's my favourite name to say out loud
My anxiety is through the roof with that last photo of and all those girls! :|
Kathrynxjane
janice from the shop
Pronouns: She/Her

it was written on the tour bus 100%. What else did they do while travelling around for hours(not filming videos)?
They are control freaks. I just can't see how it is ghost written if it is stories about what happened on tour. It is easier for just them to write it down themselves than dictate the story to someone else for them to then write it down
"You can't just pull it out and put it in without a plan." Dan Howell 2015
bear
hobbit hair

RachelPhan wrote: My anxiety is through the roof with that last photo of and all those girls! :|
Poor Phil.
Re: Book I have mixed feelings about it. I'm excited about hearing all these adventurous, I'm annoyed not because the money, but they're just getting a lot more generic and I hate that. I'm worried it will be cringy (some parts will be obvs) and a lot of DINOF and AP, not Dan and Phil.
This is really random, but Dan and Phil remind me of a farming company or something idk why.
I have a friend who is kinda into and sucks up to them but even she noticed how forced dan's new video was. I'm getting really sad all of the sudden cause I can't enjoy their videos anymore and I'm focusing on them as people but I really want to enjoy their videos again. :cry:
pearshaped34
morning quiff

I really don't see them getting the book ghost-written not only because they are control freaks but because they also know the fallout if they got caught out doing that would be a massive shitstorm. I just don't think they'd risk that.

Plus as others have speculated their book deal likely was probably for two books so they have probably had more time then we think to plan out ideas for this book and get it written.
I'd expect the American tour to be a key focus for a good chunk of the book but there are probably other sections of it, like how the idea came about and the UK tour, that they could have even written before the American tour started (we know they weren't using that time to pre-film videos to use during the tour).

They could also fill some pages with things like interviews with behinds the scenes people involved in the tour and their experiences working on TATINOF (which would be a more acceptable way to fill pages they don't have to write).
danphil333
hobbit hair

blueapple_x wrote:~Slightly Controversial~ Opinion Alert: Although the novelty of the first tabinof was cool, the book in itself wasn't too exciting for me. 93.33% of the book contained things we already knew/heard about.

I think this second book may actually be a bit more exciting solely because it will likely feature unheard stories and unseen pictures. However, I will say that I would've preferred all this stuff in a video format (even if that meant having to pay for it) so we could see their reactions instead of reading it (or hearing it when they inevitably do an audiobook for it too). I'm not angry at them for the second book. It was inevitable and they're smart business people for doing it this way
i was thinking the same thing. i just dont feel like i will be interested in their tour stories in November. I dont even care much about them now :( . Why cant they include them in the youtubered documentary coming around that time???. i dont need the tatinof show, a secondary documentary and a freaking book. I would prefer vlogs at the time things actually happen and only the show on youtubered. cant justify two projects on ytred and a book
fakelights
living flop

danphil333 wrote:
blueapple_x wrote:~Slightly Controversial~ Opinion Alert: Although the novelty of the first tabinof was cool, the book in itself wasn't too exciting for me. 93.33% of the book contained things we already knew/heard about.

i was thinking the same thing. i just dont feel like i will be interested in their tour stories in November. I dont even care much about them now :( . Why cant they include them in the youtubered documentary coming around that time???. i dont need the tatinof show, a secondary documentary and a freaking book. I would prefer vlogs at the time things actually happen and only the show on youtubered. cant justify two projects on ytred and a book
Agreed. That's what I meant when I said I was wanting to know how they would find an excuse for this book. The first one made sense, but this? I'm not sure. Everything I would want to know about the tour (seeing as they didn't come anywhere near me and probably never will) the youtube red videos will show me. I'm sure they are doing their best on it, like they did on TABINOF, but what I'm not sure is if I care...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

danphil333 wrote:cant justify two projects on ytred and a book
listen

listen, okay

tell me that when phil looks straight into a camera lens

blinks those big blue eyes

quirks a little smile like he's looking right at you, smiling just for you

and says "Buy our book."

.... tell me your fingers won't be twitching toward your debit card.

Basically, who needs justification.
danphil333
hobbit hair

alittledizzy wrote:
listen

listen, okay

and says "Buy our book."

.... tell me your fingers won't be twitching toward your debit.

i just pre-ordered everything. i am waiting for the Internet is Great album in vinyl. :D
majitzu
angel bean

danphil333 wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
listen

listen, okay

and says "Buy our book."

i just pre-ordered everything. i am waiting for the Internet is Great album in vinyl. :D

kuensukki
janice from the shop

danphil333 wrote:
alittledizzy wrote:
listen

listen, okay

and says "Buy our book."

You guys are my favorite new crack ship

Phil's bomber gave me an unexpected heart attack that I'm still recovering from. Also Dan's leggings are ugly AF but he somehow works them

Book opinions: I'm TABINOF obsessed and even got my whole family to love it. Ask any of my cousins and they can recite Dan's Becky portion by heart :lol: Having another book wouldn't make me sad because they did so well on their first one. Deppy have earned my trust that they're not out to manipulate us for money without putting effort in. TABINOF and TATINOF were both amazing productions. They didn't half-ass so why start now?

I know many Youtuber books that got sold but were written for a 5 years old. It's easy to manipulate a younger fanbase into buying products that aren't the best quality. With Deppy everything they have sold (including merch-I'm looking at you Galaxy backpack) have been authentic. DP have always emphasized creativity and good work ethic. Although they are taking our money, they're making sure we get an excellent product in return. I trust that this book will be the same
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

As long as what they sell is value for money where they put their effort, time and creativity; I don't see why they should not continue their enterprise. are a brand and a multi-platform product and I had accepted that and even admired them for it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I'm team here for a tour book, though I hope they have the sense not to keep on churning out books. If they have got the writing bug/a sweet deal, it'd be great for them to each develop their other creative ideas into maybe a novel (though if Dan stayed that wordy and like with Chris Colfer as celeb author wasn't edited well to prevent being too flowery (I'm guessing), it might not be so great, Colfer really lost me with his endless unusual adjectives. I loved his ideas, but I am not a patient reader). Some of their talents and interests are better suited to video or another medium, it is great to see them develop what they want to do on YouTube and elsewhere, I only hope they can do things for that as well as for what sells, but I'm an idealist, so who knows.

Loved their Pokemon outfits especially Dan even owning those leggings and taking the cap out for actual wearing in public (still cosplaying/for a video, granted). I totally unironically love that hat. Not in itself, but him being so pretty in it. Phil reminds me slightly of James Dean with the jacket, white top and black jeans. His white things are glowing, so pristine and clean. I wonder what became of the worn, grey pair of Vans. I love the jacket most of all, though.

They must have been out for while or travelled around a fair bit (as you do playing that game) to have met three or four groups of fans. They really do look scared in that huge group one, you can see it in Dan's eyes too.
Philena
blobfish

So, guess I just logged on to say the exact same thing as flarequake, so Ditto!

I do feel a little sorry for that they didn't get to announce the book in the way that they would have wanted. I think their days of being able to Beyoncé anything are done.

I could not stop staring at Dan in his trainer costume. Holy shit!

And, Phil, if you ever lose the desire to speak in front of a camera, please consider modelling. For all of us. Mr. Topman model has nothing on you (though I would prefer you in some Tom Ford...). http://us.topman.com/en/tmus/product/cl ... bi=0&ps=20
stella
living flop

Wow this thread moved fast but I'll share my two cents anyway!

I'm trying really, really hard not to immediately decide that I'll dislike the book. I'm definitely not too keen on the idea right now but I'll give them a chance and if there's actual stories and writing in it (and maybe not aimed towards 12-year-olds? please?) then I guess that's different. I'm already cringing at the title though so that doesn't seem too likely.

BUT it still wouldn't justify their neglecting making videos for the most part. I mean, I don't know how they expect to actually gain followers when even like me is starting to become less invested in them simply because of the lack of content. If someone were looking for a new YouTuber to watch right now and clicked on Dan's channel and saw that content was short and infrequent, I don't think they'd rush to subscribe. If they're making another book they'd better make plenty of videos too. ( )

And yeah, they're really cashing in on this fame and I don't blame them to be honest, but I feel like the mood has kind of changed in the phandom, if anyone knows what I mean? People that lapped everything they did up in the past are a little more critical now.

~previously known as stella2000~
I hardly ever comment, but rest assured I read every single post. I am a professional lurker.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Am I evil for laughing at the picture with the huge group of girls? The terrified look on Phil's face was funny to me. dw Phil, the fact that they already asked for a picture means they won't follow you home. Or they'd be the dumbest stalkers ever.

I agree with your controversial opinion, TABINOF wasn't all that interesting to me due to just being a compilation of stuff fans already knew anyway. Half the credit for it goes to the graphic designer for making it look so appealing.

The good thing about TABINOF 2 will definitely be that the content will be something we haven't heard or seen before (looking forward to the tourbus floor plan where there's a big arrow pointing to the bed that says PHIL'S BED ONLY PHIL'S NOT DAN'S WE DON'T SHARE BEDS PLEASE BELIEVE US) though I suspect that once again pictures will play the biggest part here and not their writing. Mostly it just feels unnecessary. If they had shared everything on social media as they happened or in videos and YouNows after getting back, would anyone have said 'Damn I wish there was book that compiled all this'?? I don't think so.

So I really hope this one will be the end of it.
stella2000 wrote: And yeah, they're really cashing in on this fame and I don't blame them to be honest, but I feel like the mood has kind of changed in the phandom, if anyone knows what I mean? People that lapped everything they did up in the past are a little more critical now.
Yeah, but I'm thankful for that. People used to not be able to really discuss anything without being called haters, but in the last two years people have started expressing more critical opinions of D&P and their work. I think that's only good, a fandom should never be unconditional imo. I hope the boys realize this to and listen to critical fans just as much as the ones who adore everything they do.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
boredtears
squish

There has been a shift over the last two years from widely accessible content (videos, radio shows, live shows, the sim cards (uk restricted)) to paid-for content (the book, the tour, the app, ytr documentary, book 2). I think that's perfectly understandable - d&P built up a very loyal fan base and have always treated them well (apart from some 2012 comments), and provided them with good content, and all of the paid content they have put out so far has had a lot of time and effort put into it and gels well with their video content and so on.

However, this shift has also resulted in a huge reduction in accessible content. Dan's vids have dwindled in number and quality (drastically imo, sorry Dan, I guess the new direction hasn't hit a balance I find entertaining yet). Phil's have too, although they are slightly more consistent with his previous work. The gaming channel upload schedule went down the drain too, and though I don't watch it as much as others, I've seen lots of comments about how d&p seemed much less consistently enthused than they were at the beginning of the channel's creation. Radio shows also ended, and during the American tour d&p basically went AWOL, with almost no behind-the-scenes tour content, live shows, or videos.

I guess what this means for me personally is that I have become increasingly disconnected from d&p and barely even watch any of their videos anymore, let alone the rest of their content, and this really escalated during the tour.

What I'm trying to say in a very rambly way is that I don't demonise or blame d&p for any of their paid-for content, but I do think the rest of their content has suffered or even disappeared as a consequence of it. This is a shame because a lot of the 'physical' content is inaccessible to parts of the phandom (shipping rates for the book(s), the tour not coming to their countries) as well as from a monetary point of view. While I'm sure they'll continue to make good stuff, and I do think they're great people, they run the risk of people losing interest due to a reluctance to pay for what they attach a price tag to. The blanket silence over the tour period and then the subsequent lack of discussion during live shows really increased my feelings of disconnect - so now I guess I don't feel invested enough to want to pay for a reveal of what happened in book form?
timtam
lady door

I'm at that point in my life where when I saw that photo of Dan catching pokemons on instagram this morning I laughed and instantly thought 'ooh i wonder what IDB thinks of this'

I'm not a pokemon go player but I'm so here for this video! I hope that Dan is super nerdy about all the pokemon stuff. I think it'll be an entertaining video.

Now for the book. Firstly, what is that title. That is actually awful. As someone who never even brought TABINOF (I did listen to the audiobook) and isn't going on the tour I personally don't really have a problem with it. It'll be a nice little memento for those who did go and hopefully it'll have some entertaining behind the scenes stuff for those who didn't. I don't really mind that they saved all this stuff up for the book but at the same time I wonder how it will sell? If they did a youtube video on whatever exact topic the book is on I'd watch it even though I haven't seen the tour, but I'm not going to buy a book.

I dunno I just find I don't care enough about them any more. If they put out content I'm happy but I'm not interested in following every aspect of their lives (although I'm still reading here all the time) and buying all their merch any more. I don't know if it's because D&P have been so slack on content for those fans like me who haven't been able to see the tour or because I'm just naturally moving away from them as I get older.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

lmao at the shade in this new watchmojo video
'AmazingPhil is a little like PointlessBlog, only he was a lot more confident when he named his channel.'

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Cora
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: She/Her/Ugh

re: Dan's little trainer outfit

Looks like SOMEONE is fully discovering health goth